Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64026 times)
jointstarr

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

Hi all, I live close-by and shall be paying them a visit on Monday (as I want to be sure the building is physically open).

If I find a team there, and it all seems legit I will be ordering 1-2 units there and then.

As soon as I arrive home I will post up all info/photos/videos of my visit.

See you Monday!

JOINTSTARR

I appreciate you time and effort and look forward to your evidence....
BUT, how are you going to prove we can trust you..? 

you've just become member couple weeks ago and have 1 post under your belt. 
No, offence but how do we know you're not on the dark side and actually working with them.

I am a graphic designer.  Smiley

I do not intend to be rude, I am just curious: what interest does a graphic designer have in highend bitcoin mining equipment? Are you planning on buying a $7000 unit?

I currently mine BTC, need a upgrade, been looking all day every day for the past 2 weeks only to uncover scam after scam or "sold out" from genuine body's. I am just finally lucky enough to live close by to this supposed scam.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

Personally, I think you guys that plan to go there will be wasting your time. This is 99.9999% scam IMO. There are too many red flags.

I am sure some might appreciate the final confirmation but I think it is already a done deal.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:34:44 PM

Not many remember the days of PrimeAsic (could be an anniversary near), and how it is already proven that this forum is as fuckable as porcupine.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:37:52 PM

The only thing that worries me is that I can't found any of those people anywhere.  However, if their company is a government contractor, it would make sense that they were not allowed to have social networking profiles.

Remember what Ms. Saunder's said in her email to me:

Rebecca Saunder's email seems like she is a real person and I think they will flesh out to be legit in the end.  I bought two units, because I did enough research to make me believe that they are real.  I admit, it's a risk and they could have done a better job with some proof of product. But they already sold half of their inventory in less than a day, regardless, which is amazing.

LOL, how do you know what they sold? do you believe everything you read in a SCAM SITE....or are you part of the scam?
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

That's right Rebecca.  Not to worry.  As more people do actual research rather than balking, they too will see that you are legit and sales will take 15 minutes rather than 24 hours to sell out 2,000 units.  I am sure some of the users on this forum work for other mining hardware companies too.  The other companies are probably freaking out right now, since your machine specs and efficiency specs are amazing and you actually posted a shipping date rather than "Q1/Q2" like some other company we all know.  I mean really.  Sometimes between Jan 1st & June 30th, was the best timeframe knc could come up with?  That is totally ridiculous. 

So exactly what research did you do? LOL
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

The only thing that worries me is that I can't found any of those people anywhere.  However, if their company is a government contractor, it would make sense that they were not allowed to have social networking profiles.

Remember what Ms. Saunder's said in her email to me:

Rebecca Saunder's email seems like she is a real person and I think they will flesh out to be legit in the end.  I bought two units, because I did enough research to make me believe that they are real.  I admit, it's a risk and they could have done a better job with some proof of product. But they already sold half of their inventory in less than a day, regardless, which is amazing.

LOL, how do you know what they sold? do you believe everything you read in a SCAM SITE....or are you part of the scam?

I am betting that he is part of it.

He claims to have sold two knc preorders because he needed money then marches over here to allegedly pre-order more gear from a company with no history whatsoever.

Happy for him to prove me otherwise with his link to his recent KNC eBay sale.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

Hi all, I live close-by and shall be paying them a visit on Monday (as I want to be sure the building is physically open).

If I find a team there, and it all seems legit I will be ordering 1-2 units there and then.

See you Monday!

JOINTSTARR

So now a person with 4 posts is gonna give you the OK to buy! LOL. These scammers are brazen.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:45:13 PM

I also checked the wayback machine Internet archive and the website has been designing and manufacturing MICROPROCESSOR system for many years.  This can't be a scam.

https://web.archive.org/web/19990208012249/http://www.cms.uk.com/

The data points are really starting to add up to them being legit.  Hopefully, someone at the company will be working this weekend to give us more information that we can verify and paint a complete picture.  I think they just didn't realize how many people have been burned and are very wary about new companies with amazing products popping up overnight.

Although I can't find any social profiles for any of them, it isn't all that unlikely.  I also have ZERO social profiles a well.  I never used one and never will, because I know what Google, Facebook and the like do with your data. It's sickening.  If people actually read their terms and conditions and understood it, they would never signup.  Most people just don't understand "implied consent" or any other legal terms.  Social networking is a big sham.   Every piece of data you give them they use against you and profit heavily from it. They make thousands of dollars every year from each of your profiles (data that YOU give them)  and have their way with it over and over again.

You're so full of shit.

If they're legit and have a working prototype it would behoove them to show it.  What's your interest in this alleged scam moving forward?
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:50:07 PM

That's right Rebecca.  Not to worry.  As more people do actual research rather than balking, they too will see that you are legit and sales will take 15 minutes rather than 24 hours to sell out 2,000 units.  I am sure some of the users on this forum work for other mining hardware companies too.  The other companies are probably freaking out right now, since your machine specs and efficiency specs are amazing and you actually posted a shipping date rather than "Q1/Q2" like some other company we all know.  I mean really.  Sometimes between Jan 1st & June 30th, was the best timeframe knc could come up with?  That is totally ridiculous. 

This is, in my opinion, the very epitome of what a sock puppet sounds like. Mauiflipper, you're terrible at sounding sincere.

(And the chances of you actually being sincere are nil).

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

See you Monday!

JOINTSTARR

I appreciate you time and effort and look forward to your evidence....
BUT, how are you going to prove we can trust you..? 

you've just become member couple weeks ago and have 1 post under your belt. 
No, offence but how do we know you're not on the dark side and actually working with them.

I am a graphic designer.  Smiley

I do not intend to be rude, I am just curious: what interest does a graphic designer have in highend bitcoin mining equipment? Are you planning on buying a $7000 unit?

he photoshopped the pic of the prototype...now he needs at least one person scammed so he can get paid.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:56:11 PM

They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

The telephone number provided by "Crypto Technology System" lead to an automatic answering machine. Judging by the similarity with the telephone number provided by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited", it is reasonable to deduce that both entities are using the same service (which provides automatic answering machines with telephone numbers).
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:57:17 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 07:09:29 PM by wwwin

That means it is very likely the same person operating the domain ctsminers.com is also responsible for the domain butterflyiab.com. Both domains were first directed to a hosting service located in Lithuania. One domain is being used to perpetrate a fraudulent scheme and the other was registered to prey on people which misspell the official domain from Butterfly Labs.

Very nice work...anybody still thinking of buying into this SCAM deserves to be scammed...so they were preying on people misspelling the BSF domain name...they were really looking for fools.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:03:26 PM

Snitches end up in ditches, you know who you are mauiflower
Oh, the idiot troll that can barely read speaks again...   The guy that denies Intel is working on 14nm after seeing so many links to proof.    oh, how I wish you were here...  now you're behind those foggy specs threatening folks? Makes you look even dumber than before.... wow

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

Email from info@ctsminer.com:

------- 8< -----   

20% OFF ALL ORDERS - EXPIRES 26/01/2014
Thank's for signing up to our newsletter! We wanted to offer our first supporters something special.

That is why we have decided to offer a special 20% off to all subscribers to our newsletter for this weekend only.

Because of the support you have shown us, we'd like to offer you our thanks in the token of a 20% off coupon code for all orders made. This code is not going to be widely published, and will be available to just our first subscribers to our newsletter.

To redeem your code enter:
on the Cart or Checkout page.

Click Here to Visit the Shop and Place your Order

Please Note: If you have already placed an order and are yet to make payment, please re-place your order using this voucher code and we will honor your order with the 20% saving. If you have already made payment, this code will be valid for all future orders you wish to place
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:04:06 PM

Very nice work...anybody still thinking of buying into this SCAM deserves to be scam...so they were preying on people misspelling the BSF domain name...they were really looking for fools.

Thank you. The domain butterflyiab.com is not yet active, but I believe if it was there would be for malicious purposes.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

this will turn out to the quickest and most lucrative scam of all time.

Don't give them a penny till confirmed by well known member of this forum

no offence, but I wouldn't believe/trust a 'junior' or 'newbie' member for checking them out.
he's my brother Merv, and we worked together all day plus 2 verifying them.... just sayin'

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
3rac3

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

It would be really easier to ask Rebecca some questions on this forum if some guys would not jump her like hungry dogs.

Maybe next time the horde will first ask questions first and then bite.

Always make me laugh when newbie, junior account defend scammers. Who are you to defend her?
I like when new scam appear and then all hero memebers, and other with history on forum point scam and than bunch of newbie accounts, junior accounts defend scam by saying crap like above.

Obvious scam is scam.

Bla bla bla. I cant really see how common sense has anything to do with being junior member. I have met many senior people that are idiots.

I just stated that it would be easier to ask some questions first and then draw conclusions rather than to first draw conclusions and then try to find proves to the conclusions. You could simply ask number of questions and have actually some data to perform analysis. The way things unfolded unfortunately doesn't allow me to ask questions because some senior members knew better.

I am not defending anybody, I am *not saying* they are not scam. I simply do not know that and I am unable to find out by asking questions because nobody knows anything.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Sorry Maui but you are just as suspect as this outfit is. Your first post on here was for selling two KNC preorders. You would not take escrow and when no one took you up on your offer you sold them on eGay within minutes as you state. I am curious. Do you have an ebay link to prove this.
It's funny how Phoenix1969 tries to sell some land. As far as I can see, that didn't sell.

Then his "brother" mauiflipper appears and tries to sell 2 neptunes. That doesn't work, so he claims he sold them on ebay. Surely he'd provide links, so people could bid on them? If they actually existed.

As you can see from a search of completed listings, no "3TH neptune", "3000gh neptune", "kncminer neptune" or "knc neptune" has been sold on ebay from hawaii:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=3th+neptune&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=3000gh+neptune&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=kncminer+neptune&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=knc+neptune&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Now Phoenix1969 and mauiflipper are working very hard to prove this cts con is legit. Coincidence?? They claimed they spoke to Rebecca, the only people in the world who managed to get through! Really?

you my friend made my day...

I did the same for knc when everyone was crying scam.... now look at them.   I really don't care what your opinion of us is.  really.
Drawing conclusions on a WHIOS search without resolving the addresses, then using it as evidence is exactly the kind of idiocy that needs prevented. Daryl is a master at web development, with years and years of cutting edge dev experience, and has developed programs years ago that still sell for 5 grand a pop today. I cherish his help, you should too.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
mauiflipper

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

ok, people.  I never said I "talked" to Rebecca.  Just a few emails.  My brother (phoenix1969) too.

Also, if you people read the earlier posts you can see that I DID call BOTH numbers from both company websites.  Same secretaries voice on both voicemail systems.  (It was the middle of the night there) I think it is legit which I why I spent some coin.  Too many data points add up for it to be a scam. BUT the only way we will know for sure is when someone goes down to their offices on Monday.  This will put a rest to the speculation once and for all.

In the interested of full disclosure: No, I am not a scammer employee working for them.  They did however send me a discount code for my validation efforts.  That was very kind of them.   I am sure some of you will figure out a way to turn this around and say "See, I told you so".  Well, go ahead, I have nothing to hide. My brother and I both live in Hawaii and I have never been to the UK.

Also, yes, I did sell my KNC units the day before CTS Miner announced their products.  No, I do NOT know that was going to happen.  Yes, I also thought it was a scam at first too.  BUT, then I actually did some homework and connected enough data points for me to believe they are legit. I did this BEFORE starting to bash them publicly for being a scam. Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.  BUT I am still not closing by mind to either possibility.  All evidence must be reviewed and analyzed.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:19:05 PM

Am I looking wrong or does their address on google maps pull up a shed in a backyard of some garages?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: