Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:24:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64061 times)
mauiflipper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:04:11 AM

This one has the name server changes:  http://whoisrequest.org/history/ctsminer.com

It is in the same IP range as butterflyiab.com  ;(

I am so bummed
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:14:45 AM

lol, What now, Should we DDOS their site??

I think this is the point where the police should become involved.
I've already started writing the news article, so please keep me updated.

EDIT: ps: i like sitting in court watching scambags go down. - and THEY ALWAYS DO. Grin
Errr, What? This a matter to which a FBI agent should attend to, It will be impossible for a policeman to do this, Its their least priority if you ask me, I believe there is a cybercrime form on the FBI website. Check it out.

Don't be obnoxious,  try a little harder to be a pleasant person.
firstly, the company in question have indicated they are in the UK.
secondly, see firstly.

have a nice day, friend.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:26:38 AM

The fact that the scammer's are buying hardware in this forum's group pool indicates pretty clearly that an experienced member of the forum is involved in this scam.  Obviously into bitcoin mining themselves.

Any experienced forum members writing in defense of this scam?

Oh, I guess there are a few, eh?  The prime suspects are the guy who said he bought a bunch of them, and had the block chain entry to "prove it," and the Hawaii dude.  

Posts an order on his scam website, then pays with a different wallet, then posts to "prove" he really believes in this scam.  I'm not an expert in the block chain, so if this would not work for some reason, I'd be glad to hear an explanation as to why.

Of course, it could be someone who doesn't post much too.  But I'd love to see if someone could track down the pool member who is buying hardware with these bitcoins.  Seems like we could identify the criminal that way.  Wouldn't that be possible for the guy who runs the pool?

If we got the forum member's i.d., then we'd have an email address, and the feds might even be able to get his I.P. address.  And we're off to drag this/these scumbags to prison.

Phoenix is legit the guy from Hawaii (unless you think i'm in on it too) he is less then pleased was on tonite with him on Skype.....

i bet it is these guys from the summer..they took folks for a lot of $$$ too..could be the same group.....

direct link which is still up (heh you probably can order if you want to toss $$$ away)    https://cryoniks.com/#!/home/

these guys http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10764188.htm   this link is the press release (note: reporter does NO research you can't trust such announcents)

anyway same level of scam as www.cstminer.com if they are one

you trace the IP www.ctsminer.com etc  and you get www.butterflyiabs.com scam site in past history (can't find the link) but that may or may not be correct..i think it is though

so thats all i can add to the  process....seems the same guys maybe ....just before KNC releases something major a sophisticated scam site pops up

hope i'm wrong we will know soon this week i'd guess

by the by on the www.ctsminer.com site they say prototype testing complete NO pics or video

also facebook link shows 640 or so likes and only ONE comment on the main page..also no links..and no comments the facebook page started a week or so ago

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=246807578814213&story_fbid=1380716922190187

never saw 640 likes w/o any comments before imho

again hope it works out...but not looking too good

anyway I am friends of Phoenix on here and was yelling like crazy for people to run away (BFL refugee out 8K) we disagreed...again wish to be wrong..he is not in on scam

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:37:10 AM

lol, What now, Should we DDOS their site??

I think this is the point where the police should become involved.
I've already started writing the news article, so please keep me updated.

EDIT: ps: i like sitting in court watching scambags go down. - and THEY ALWAYS DO. Grin
Errr, What? This a matter to which a FBI agent should attend to, It will be impossible for a policeman to do this, Its their least priority if you ask me, I believe there is a cybercrime form on the FBI website. Check it out.

Don't be obnoxious,  try a little harder to be a pleasant person.
firstly, the company in question have indicated they are in the UK.
secondly, see firstly.

have a nice day, friend.
Lol, Fuck you jr.  Grin
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:47:16 AM

I just received an email from "Rebecca".  Below is her email and my response:

Hi “Becca”,

The gig is up. We found that ctsminer.com was associated with the IP of 185.8.106.66 when it was first registered.  That is the SAME IP address that butterflyiab.com used to perpetrate their scam.  We can only come to the conclusion that you are a part of that scam and this new scam as well.

If we have made a mistake, please provide evidence.  If I don’t hear back from you, then I will know or sure that you are the same scam group that fooled many before. 

If that is that case, you have my congratulations.  You guys are evil geniuses.  You played it so well and created a lot of data points that made it look legit. The phone number being only a single digit off of CMS was genius. And the british voice being so similar to their message was also amazing.  I fell for it hook line and sinker. I have never been scammed before and I learned a painful but valuable lesson. 

Thank you, 

Daryl

On Jan 26, 2014, at 12:28 AM, Rebecca Saunders <r.saunders@ctsminer.com> wrote:

Hi Again Daryl,

Yes, although not been accepted by the wider Bitcoin audience, sales are still going very well.
As previously mentioned, Michael (my manager) and I have decided against any more PR on the forum until we can bring some more PR material and photographs (potentially next week) as we feel this will help.
I really appreciate what you have done and of course, pass that code onto your brother! Smiley

The unfortunate thing is we are in the UK and worldwide payment methods are far and few between.
Our bank cannot accept wire transfers outside of the UK and PayPal seems to be our only option at the moment.
Because of their rules regarding pre-orders, we are a bit stuck!

David, who runs the CTS sales team, is actually meeting on Wednesday with our bank manager to see if there is a way international bank transfers can be accepted.
This could help!

Thanks,
Becca

Kind regards,

Rebecca Saunders
Marketing Manager
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:51:49 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432716.msg4747677#msg4747677

I have asked to be kept up to date by the police, by email. they have my contact details.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
3rac3

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:52:45 AM

Hi “Becca”,

The gig is up. We found that ctsminer.com was associated with the IP of 185.8.106.66 when it was first registered.  That is the SAME IP address that butterflyiab.com used to perpetrate their scam.  We can only come to the conclusion that you are a part of that scam and this new scam as well.

If we have made a mistake, please provide evidence.  If I don’t hear back from you, then I will know or sure that you are the same scam group that fooled many before. 

If that is that case, you have my congratulations.  You guys are evil geniuses.  You played it so well and created a lot of data points that made it look legit. The phone number being only a single digit off of CMS was genius. And the british voice being so similar to their message was also amazing.  I fell for it hook line and sinker. I have never been scammed before and I learned a painful but valuable lesson. 

Thank you, 

Daryl

Hi Again Daryl,

Yes, although not been accepted by the wider Bitcoin audience, sales are still going very well.
As previously mentioned, Michael (my manager) and I have decided against any more PR on the forum until we can bring some more PR material and photographs (potentially next week) as we feel this will help.
I really appreciate what you have done and of course, pass that code onto your brother! Smiley

The unfortunate thing is we are in the UK and worldwide payment methods are far and few between.
Our bank cannot accept wire transfers outside of the UK and PayPal seems to be our only option at the moment.

David, who runs the CTS sales team, is actually meeting on Wednesday with our bank manager to see if there is a way international bank transfers can be accepted.
This could help!

Thanks,
Becca

Kind regards,

Rebecca Saunders
Marketing Manager

I did not get the part about passing the code onto your brother?
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:52:56 AM

Hi “Becca”,

Thank you, 

Daryl

Hi Again Daryl,

This could help!

Thanks,
Becca

Kind regards,

Rebecca Saunders
Marketing Manager

LOOOL at bank wich cant accept international wire

Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:06:06 AM

I just received an email from "Rebecca".  Below is her email and my response:

Hi “Becca”,

The gig is up. We found that ctsminer.com was associated with the IP of 185.8.106.66 when it was first registered.  That is the SAME IP address that butterflyiab.com used to perpetrate their scam.  We can only come to the conclusion that you are a part of that scam and this new scam as well.

If we have made a mistake, please provide evidence.  If I don’t hear back from you, then I will know or sure that you are the same scam group that fooled many before.  

If that is that case, you have my congratulations.  You guys are evil geniuses.  You played it so well and created a lot of data points that made it look legit. The phone number being only a single digit off of CMS was genius. And the british voice being so similar to their message was also amazing.  I fell for it hook line and sinker. I have never been scammed before and I learned a painful but valuable lesson.  

Thank you,  

Daryl

Hi Again Daryl,

This could help!

Thanks,
Becca

Kind regards,

Rebecca Saunders
Marketing Manager

1. They already have a prototype but they need a whole week to get a few pictures up.
2. They don't want to invest heavily into producing chips but they did invest in PR.
3. She completely avoided your IP question.
4. She appreciates what you have done... wat?
5. No international bank transfers and they are in the microprocessor industry for like 40 years or so (since 1975)? lolwat?
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:08:19 AM

Got em, right here:

http://domains-by-day.com/2014-01-13/domains-190.html

Good night...
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:12:35 AM

LOOOL at bank wich cant accept international wire

Lol, the was at the forefront of international wire transfers even the first when it was performed over telegraph. All banks in the UK have to have the ability to perform a SWIFT transfer.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:14:35 AM

I just received an email from "Rebecca".  Below is her email and my response:

Hi “Becca”,

The gig is up. We found that ctsminer.com was associated with the IP of 185.8.106.66 when it was first registered.  That is the SAME IP address that butterflyiab.com used to perpetrate their scam.  We can only come to the conclusion that you are a part of that scam and this new scam as well.

If we have made a mistake, please provide evidence.  If I don’t hear back from you, then I will know or sure that you are the same scam group that fooled many before.  

If that is that case, you have my congratulations.  You guys are evil geniuses.  You played it so well and created a lot of data points that made it look legit. The phone number being only a single digit off of CMS was genius. And the british voice being so similar to their message was also amazing.  I fell for it hook line and sinker. I have never been scammed before and I learned a painful but valuable lesson.  

Thank you,  

Daryl

Hi Again Daryl,

This could help!

Thanks,
Becca

Kind regards,

Rebecca Saunders
Marketing Manager

1. They already have a prototype but they need a whole week to get a few pictures up.
2. They don't want to invest heavily into producing chips but they did invest in PR.
3. She completely avoided your IP question.
4. She appreciates what you have done... wat?
5. No international bank transfers and they are in the microprocessor industry for like 40 years or so (since 1975)? lolwat?

You got it backwards.  First part is my response.  2nd part is her email.
Starscream

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

You got it backwards.  First part is my response.  2nd part is her email.
Right. My bad than.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:17:21 AM

I'm heading to the drugstore downtown.......  Anyone else feel they need a tube of astroglide?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

I'm heading to the drugstore downtown.......  Anyone else feel they need a tube of astroglide?

I feel like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption.
Starscream

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:30:53 AM

I find this image hard to masturbate to.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:36:32 AM

NO, You really want it. Just cant admit to it. :p
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:53:32 AM

I do feel sorry for you guys.

If the coins have been used to purchase other hardware I do hope the sellers will step up to help identify the forum member/s responsible, after all they should be able to provide an address were the hardware was shipped to.

I think you need to face the fact that it is incredibly likely these monkeys ain't in the UK at all.
Am in Aus and have a UK landline number (sip).

I wouldn't sit back and wait for the UK police that's for sure.  Keep Diggin and good luck.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
vpasic

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:15:41 PM

LOL

You make my day!!!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:24:32 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 12:50:16 PM by Gator-hex

www.ctsminer.com see http://who.is/whois/ctsminer
www.butterflyiabs.com see http://who.is/whois/butterflyiabs is a different ip address to www.butterflylabs.com
www.bifuryminers.com see http://who.is/whois/bifuryminers
www.kncminers.com see http://who.is/whois/kncminers is a different ip address to www.kncminer.com

NEVER BUY FROM A DOMAIN HIDING THERE REGISTRANT CONTACT ADDRESS SIMPLE AS!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: