Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64025 times)
mauiflipper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

Perhaps we should concentrate on caching the scammers, so we don't have to fill the thread with posts that are just slowing us down by accusing the victoms of being the perpetrators and other idiotic comments.

My brother and I made a bad judgement call by not waiting to call CMS on Monday to get 100% confirmation.  We were also warned by many others that thought it was a scam. Some of you pointed and laughed. Maybe we needed some if that humble pie. However, I ask that you now please either help or get out of the way.

Between working on tracking the scammers and following this thread, it has become a full time job.  If you don't have something helpfull to offer, please please keep it to yourself.

I sincerely appreciate all of the help we have received so far, even from those who warned us.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:11:06 PM

What my brother and I really need right now is some help from some block chain sleuthers to help us find companies that the scammers ordered from.

Phoenix
1898wZEAmekD4JFNDZSz5Kvm6xujwm1DLr (44.65 btc)
1FxU9V7Jac4EBv8YNshMCZdCkpmUw7X8LX  (7.14 btc)

Maui (Daryl)
1GzBFMvgrLYZRBVrjTV431pVDwT8CJM4Ed (8.9301 btc)
19Hbw5bwag6wjHGmHPvZ1zSPdjAY9GQHoo (8.8301 btc)

Perhaps 2 of us can take 1 of the four address and follow the transactions and make a spread sheet of where it all went?
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:03:44 PM

I just finished filing a complaint with the FBI.  Interpol does not deal directly with the public.  They deal with law enforcement agencies only.

I provided the FBI with all the data that this forum has uncovered so far.
jwhitlaw

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:18:44 PM

What my brother and I really need right now is some help from some block chain sleuthers to help us find companies that the scammers ordered from.

Phoenix
1898wZEAmekD4JFNDZSz5Kvm6xujwm1DLr (44.65 btc)
1FxU9V7Jac4EBv8YNshMCZdCkpmUw7X8LX  (7.14 btc)

Maui (Daryl)
1GzBFMvgrLYZRBVrjTV431pVDwT8CJM4Ed (8.9301 btc)
19Hbw5bwag6wjHGmHPvZ1zSPdjAY9GQHoo (8.8301 btc)

Perhaps 2 of us can take 1 of the four address and follow the transactions and make a spread sheet of where it all went?

Hmmmm.

Is their posting this info evidence that they aren't involved?

Why don't you two post pictures with today's paper so we can get after the real scumbags, if they aren't you?  This is the third time I've asked.  Your ignoring that request is very suspicious.

I have to say that I tend to agree that it is COMPLETELY unbelievable that an experienced member of this forum, with knowledge of all the scams in this industry, would send off that much money without the most basic verification of this company.  They claim they sent the money on the basis of two answering machine recordings, and a few other meaningless "data points".  They said they spent 2 days validating this company.  It took me literally 2 minutes to realize this was a scam.  (I take credit for calling it a scam first, BTW).

Their early posts are exactly what you would expect from the scammers.  Attacking people that called it a scam, calling them noobs.  Saying they did due dilligence and concluded this company was legit because there were so many "data points" showing it was legit.  Saying they spent lots of BTC on their products.

They finally admit it is a scam after the website is taken down, i.e. when pushing the scam no longer could benefit the scammers.

I hate to say it guys, but until we see Phoenix and Maui smiling with today's New York Times, you be fools to assume they are not criminals doing what criminals do.  Lie their asses off.

BTW, the fact that Maui is appaently one of those guys that supposedly buys a pre-order then tries to sell it on Ebay for a big markup (when there were supposedly tons of pre-orders remaining at the list price) puts him in the scammer category in any event, IMAO, and I'm not interesting in helping him recover his BTC.

So Phoenix, if that Avatar pic is you, why not post another to prove it is in fact you?   (From a criminal, expect a rant calling me a noob, or this post to be ignored like the last two.  From an innocent person, expect a pic).
AussiePete

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:22:43 PM

Still thinks birdman and honolulu is in this scam together.
Look at the shady statements and do you guys really (really?!) think a experienced miner would send of 50BTC for "5Th miners" as a misstake?  Roll Eyes

Everybody makes misstakes and all that bullshit is not valid. They´re on this scam, and if you don´t see it then you need glasses.

if you're such a genius why don't you explain what's happen here.

you should find proof before accusing anyone as a scammer.  

there are many members here that have been using this forum for a good while and we all get to know one another and we all know phoenix pretty well and if you've got half a brain you wouldn't accuse anyone especially when only spending a couple week as a newbie on this forum.  Who's going to believe you anyway you're just wasting your time and making yourself look like a jerk.

PS. look at the top of the page and you'll probably see you've been logged on this forum a couple of days total.  

Totally agree with you merv77

Some people just  dont have anything better to do . And since the mentality is just throw as much mud around , hoping some of it will stick. See this post as another bucket of water thrown to wash off the bullshit .

Phoenix is an honourable guy ( sometimes aggravating , I agree) but a good guy none the less .........and there are plenty of guys here that think so ............Ive personally known him for 3 years now ................lent him money , got it back .........did other deals ........some failed some suceeded ......Phoenix always  did what was right where I'm concerned

He can too excited at times and jump the gun to quick .........but which capitalist hasn't done that once or twice ..............I know I have

So lay off fellas ...................the Law of  Sowing and Reaping  has you in its sites and you may not like your reward .

Peace

bitcoin_UK

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:28:39 PM

hey it will be the start of your new career "gonzo journalist" bring video...when you find out it is a scam go to your local news organizratioin they would eat this stuff up especially when these guys refuse to go on camera or show product...

(i'll be able to say i made you a media news superstar ..pats self on back)

Searing
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:47:00 PM

Hmmmm.

Why don't you two post pictures with today's paper so we can get after the real scumbags, if they aren't you?  This is the third time I've asked.  Your ignoring that request is very suspicious.

I have to say that I tend to agree that it is COMPLETELY unbelievable that an experienced member of this forum, with knowledge of all the scams in this industry, would send off that much money without the most basic verification of this company.  They claim they sent the money on the basis of two answering machine recordings, and a few other meaningless "data points".  They said they spent 2 days validating this company.  It took me literally 2 minutes to realize this was a scam.  (I take credit for calling it a scam first, BTW).

Their early posts are exactly what you would expect from the scammers.  Attacking people that called it a scam, calling them noobs.  Saying they did due dilligence and concluded this company was legit because there were so many "data points" showing it was legit.  Saying they spent lots of BTC on their products.

They finally admit it is a scam after the website is taken down, i.e. when pushing the scam no longer could benefit the scammers.

I hate to say it guys, but until we see Phoenix and Maui smiling with today's New York Times, you be fools to assume they are not criminals doing what criminals do.  Lie their asses off.

BTW, the fact that Maui is appaently one of those guys that supposedly buys a pre-order then tries to sell it on Ebay for a big markup (when there were supposedly tons of pre-orders remaining at the list price) puts him in the scammer category in any event, IMAO, and I'm not interesting in helping him recover his BTC.

So Phoenix, if that Avatar pic is you, why not post another to prove it is in fact you?   (From a criminal, expect a rant calling me a noob, or this post to be ignored like the last two.  From an innocent person, expect a pic).

jwhitlaw you must work for the scammers since you keep casting this BS around to get this investigation sidetracked away from the scammers.  So I'll ask you to prove that you are not working with the scammers by posting a picture on yourself and giving us some of your personal data so we know it's really you. 

So, if you ignore this request the only thing it will prove is that you're not a dumbass.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:47:52 PM

Perhaps we should concentrate on caching the scammers, so we don't have to fill the thread with posts that are just slowing us down by accusing the victoms of being the perpetrators and other idiotic comments.

Ignore the haters, but pay close attention to the sceptics. There are a lot around here, for very good reason. Now you really know why a lot of people give the hardware vendors a hard time. So often they fail and/or are purposefully scamming people.

Buy & Hold
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:00:49 AM

Hmmmm.

I have a suggestion; what about you shut up and stay out of this.

So far you have fail to make one positive contribution to this community.

Your account have only been used to put trash on this thread, so obviously it must be a shill account.

Please give them a break, they just lost 50 grand.  
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:02:21 AM

Why would you send 44 BTC to a company thats not proven, that is just beyond insane

Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:14:31 AM

Why would you send 44 BTC to a company thats not proven, that is just beyond insane

Some would even say unbelievable. I guess stranger things have happened though. I just hope the real perpetrators get caught whomever they may be.

Phoenix or Maui, any news back from The Observer ?

So far he is your best bet to get some results unless someone else steps up to the plate and spends an hour or two analyzing the blockchain.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
AussiePete

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:18:40 AM

Its called  "Gold Fever"    .........Ive been guilty of it several times . The problem is Ive been lucky and gained more monies then Ive lost , so I'm still partialy addicted to the chase.

Anyways its a good lesson to learn from , for all of us . At least we  hearing it from the guys who are living it now ..........just goes to show there are many hunters\lurkers delibretly laying traps for us all ...........I wish I could be of more help.

The war is never over is it ...............
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:28:16 AM

Gamer67....Mauiflipper said he got a reply from observer...  I didn't get the indication he was of any help.
last we talked a couple hours ago, he was working on getting info to interpool

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:37:30 AM

It is not unusual that even experienced miners and forum members are taking great risks at times by sending money to companies as soon as possible in order to be first simply because that's the only chance they'll get at making a profit, for all ASIC mining is a loss game by design thanks to this self perpetuating phenomenon.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:39:35 AM

Gamer67....Mauiflipper said he got a reply from observer...  I didn't get the indication he was of any help.
last we talked a couple hours ago, he was working on getting info to interpool

I see, well he has probably invested a few hours into this as it is on his own. I did see you mention some time ago that you would be willing to pay someone to help you recover something. Maybe he might be more inclined to assist if he felt he was being compensated for his time. Without him or someone like him who can help you analyze the chain you won't have any hope of getting any info from Sushi. Just a thought.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:38:41 AM

Dumbfuck twatwaffle. Ignoring.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:39:16 AM

Exactly ckolivas...  

I hereby am offering a 50% reward for recovery of my bitcoins.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
collingiusti

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:42:21 AM

My brother and I made a bad judgement call by not waiting to call CMS on Monday to get 100% confirmation.  We were also warned by many others that thought it was a scam. Some of you pointed and laughed. Maybe we needed some if that humble pie. However, I ask that you now please either help or get out of the way.

Between working on tracking the scammers and following this thread, it has become a full time job.  If you don't have something helpfull to offer, please please keep it to yourself.

I sincerely appreciate all of the help we have received so far, even from those who warned us.  

People are entitled to their opinion. Your the one that thought this was real without any real investigation, and now you are telling people to shut up or help you? That is not very intelligent of you.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:47:17 AM

It is not unusual that even experienced miners and forum members are taking great risks at times by sending money to companies as soon as possible in order to be first simply because that's the only chance they'll get at making a profit, for all ASIC mining is a loss game by design thanks to this self perpetuating phenomenon.

That's the  most accurate post on the entire forum. The only way to make money with ASICs is to build ASICs and even that is really risky.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:01:14 AM

That's the  most accurate post on the entire forum. The only way to make money with ASICs is to build ASICs and even that is really risky.
or have all the pre-order people go broke /risk shy and stop the avalanche of pre-orders

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: