Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64023 times)
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

As Sushi is Chinese and it is currently holidays there you may find some delay in response Sad

Sushi is from the Phillipines

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:21:08 PM

... and also they (and I) we're involved in finding out the connection to www.butterflyiabs.com....

No, neither you or their were involved in finding out the connection with the domain butterflyiabs.com. You are just providing false information in a pathetic attempt to look like you and the brothers deserve some credit (which you do not).

Roll Eyes
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:22:46 PM

As Sushi is Chinese and it is currently holidays there you may find some delay in response Sad

Sushi is from the Phillipines

Ah, my mistake. Just shows you what assumptions do

BINTEX

Powered by,
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:25:31 PM

Sushi runs Antminer group buys, so if the scammers did buy Antminers with the stolen funds, sushi will have a name and shipping address for the order.

Here is a link to the latest group buy. You can also try to contact his assistant cxboyminer.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425113.0

Sushi also runs the website below:
http://sushi-review.com

Basically, you need to get the transaction id or bitcoin address that was used for the sushi group buy purchase, and he maybe able to help you out.
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:30:43 PM

Finding out about Sushi & The Observer would have taken minimal research. There is a real Keystone cops approach to this 'investigation'.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:35:43 PM

Finding out about Sushi & The Observer would have taken minimal research. There is a real Keystone cops approach to this 'investigation'.
I pm'd observer hours ago asking for the transaction # so we might be able to get that shipping address..., still waiting on a reply...
Thought i'd mentioned that earlier...

Gamer67...  okay, thanks, I missed that

Avenger...  You were spot-on. I appreciate and respect you, even if we don't get along all the time. Thanks.

studione... right..   Thx will certainly try

The seller was Sushi. Observer was the one who traced the wallet address through blockchain. You may want to contact Observer, get the wallet address and then pass it on to Sushi, if this hasn't already been done.
done, thx

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
studio1one

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:38:22 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 02:45:57 PM by studio1one

The way I see it the best thing is to get on with the business of trying to locate the scammers using the addresses that we have. No one knows if any of the participants of this thread were involved or weren't involved and stating accusations in this thread won't prove anything either way. I found Phoenix and Maui suspicious but people who have been here longer than me and have dealt with them have vouched for them.

The only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is that no one knows 100% either way apart from Phoenix and Maui so instead of mudslinging, efforts should be going into tracing the end perpetrators and only then will anyone know where this originates and who was involved.

BINTEX

Powered by,
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:31:50 PM

I might get flamed a bit for this or I might not but I don't give a shit either way.

here is his donation link ...what the heck suck it up and give a little BTC

(could be me/you/us in same boat someday)

here is the address

Phoenix1969 donate:     bitcoinadress: 1HPgsQTVCHuZSRi2Ed29CZZK7VutgkTPvz

ie he does not know i'm doing this and probably is too proud to ask...so i will suck it up and ask for him

Searing

So you think they should get donations? Have you read the beginning of this thread?
Amazing stuff happening.
Also, the blockchain shows that the second order was not paid...where is this 51btc scammed figure that brother 2  is alluding to coming from if the second order was not paid? Sounds like fuzzy math to me.
wwwin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:41:20 PM

Thought you said you called them and cts and the same person answered. Man this really does suck, sorry. Don't let greed trick you into hasty decisions.

I think he said something to the effect that the same voice answered the voicemail...it should be here in the earlier posts.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

so if someone you 'know' commits a crime, are they innocent because they skyped you a few times?

vouching for ppl you hardly know is ridiculous, just like opening a security firm cos you 'got scammed'

id be very surprised if all these guys arent either 1 guy or all in on it .

except searing, hes just blindly saying what he thinks which just happens to be retarded. in my humble opinion.

dont say i didnt warn you guys!!
wwwin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:46:48 PM

Thought you said you called them and cts and the same person answered. Man this really does suck, sorry. Don't let greed trick you into hasty decisions.

you didnt THINK it, you READ it, just like the rest of us did!!

he's a liar!!

he 'may' not be involved directly in this scam, but that doesnt change the fact that he lies & lies & lies, and even goes back and changes shit he lied about to appear more honest or less dishonest.

DO NOT TRUST!!!

and especially do not trust the 'lets open a security firm' bullshit, that is misdirection aka smoke & mirrors!!

LIARS will ALWAYS go above & beyond what is required to 'prove' their honesty!

DO NOT TRUST!!

Also, brother 1 posted yesterday an email he sent to the hosting company to shut down the site...and the site according to the postings was shut down less than an hour after that.  So now the story is that they stayed up all night to get the site down??? Also brother 1 posted yesterday that was going to beach, after being up all night?  
Very interesting stuff going on here.

I am eating crow right now.  My brother uncovered some information that says this is most certainly a SCAM.  I verified his findings and have sent a note to hosting company that is hosting ctsminer.com

I went here: https://support.namecheap.com/index.php?/default/Tickets/Submit
I chose "Domains -- Legal and Abuse" and submitted this data to them:
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________

SCAM WEBSITE you are hosting.

Domain: ctsminer.com
IP: 199.188.201.252

http://domains-by-day.com/2014-01-24/ctsminer.com-domain-name-data.html
shows that ctsminer.com was originally associated with IP 185.8.106.66 (on another network)

THIS IS A KNOWN SCAMMER IP:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/ip-address/185.8.106.66/information/

Many previous attempts at fraud from domains on that same IP have been perpetrated most notably "butterflyiab.com".  It is famous. it was a copy of the legit site, butterflylabs.com.  They tricked a lot of people out of their bitcoin. This company is currently taking bitcoin payments and swindling people out of their hard earned currency. Others on our forum also tracked the bitcoin payments on the block chain and this company is using their fraudulently obtained bitcoin to purchase mining hardware.  This is a CLEAR SCAM. You are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to take it down IMMEDIATELY. BE ADVISED THAT YOU CAN BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THAT WEBSITE FROM THIS MOMENT ON.  You have been informed.

YOU CAN REVIEW OUR RESEARCH ON THE FORUM HERE:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.msg4744813#msg4744813
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________

Everybody else on this forum needs to send something similar informing them of the scam.  Unfortunately, they don'y provide a telephone number. I am totally distraught right now, because of the lost BTC. Going to go cry myself to sleep now.  Good night all....

BTW, someone should probably contact FBI or something and let them know too. I'm to tired to deal with this right now.  I need sleep.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

collaborate with the fraudulent scheme?  I'm sitting here with a knife in my gut from loosing 41 grand asshole. Fuck off.

That is the price you pay when you ignore the evidence presented and pretend your perception is somehow more accurate than anybody's else.

Here are the quotes from you and your brother insisting the fraudsters were "legit" (a.k.a. collaboration):

Yet another attempt of fraud...

Scam, obvious scam.

Roll Eyes
Pfffft...  You said the same thing about KNC, and I made 5x my investment.

So far, it looks legit boys.

AND of course they kept their work secret.  DUH!

Verified...The code actually works

Rebecca Saunder's email seems like she is a real person and I think they will flesh out to be legit in the end.

Not to worry Rebecca....  every asic company in here got the troll treatment, and I see many units sold in a quick time... a good response if you ask me.

As more people do actual research rather than balking, they too will see that you are legit and sales will take 15 minutes rather than 24 hours to sell out 2,000 units.

We all predicted the "unknown" asic companies secretly developing...and here they are...

The data points are really starting to add up to them being legit.

he's my brother Merv, and we worked together all day plus 2 verifying them.... just sayin'

I did the same for knc when everyone was crying scam.... now look at them.   I really don't care what your opinion of us is.  really.
Drawing conclusions on a WHIOS search without resolving the addresses, then using it as evidence is exactly the kind of idiocy that needs prevented. Daryl is a master at web development, with years and years of cutting edge dev experience, and has developed programs years ago that still sell for 5 grand a pop today. I cherish his help, you should too.

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.

Any takers?  doubtful... it's so much easier to troll & bash blindly

wow Augusto...lol   "mmwin" just asked   "where is their fabrication plant you said?"
It shows Essex not only hosts CMS, but is big on microprocessor companies and the tech in general, including Intel

That's ridiculously smart! Makes sense...

To be fair, this is not the same photo of the building on the CMS website, which unfortunately is common practice for companies.

Don't ask me for anything else, because you are not going to get it.  If you don't believe me, I don't care.

The people who took a risk were rewarded.  This is a risk, and hopefully I will be rewarded and not totally shafted.

I think you are just angry  and like to come onto forums and attempt to get people in a tizzy by making false accusations, when those same people are only trying to share what they think with community.  

So, the Fab facility Location is not that importnant to me. The real question is: Is CTS Miner really part of CMS? The data points suggest it is, but you are right that it is not 100%.  For me it is 95%.

Read the thread and most of your questions will be answered.  BUT, yes, Rebecca made the connection and I validated it to my satisfaction.

what's "unsubstantiated" is your lack of understanding... someone has to vette them, and he made a purchase, you did not,... duh

I think you can all fend for yourselves, I'm doing this just like in KNC for those of us who can actually afford these machines, and want to know.

the site says they use a common(shared) R&D facility, so I'm assuming same for chips

so If I'm a scammer, I'm scamming myself pretty hard, lol... Satisfied?  or do I need a blood sample or something?..  Tongue
and BTW, neither Maui or myself EVER recommended CTS to anyone... yet

I'm freaking out over here trying to validate the biggest purchase of my life, and most are not exactly helping anyone...  although it does make sense to keep high tech developments like this secret, its been done like this for ages....oh well, its all profits anyway hopefully monday is better
studio1one

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

I pm'd observer hours ago asking for the transaction # so we might be able to get that shipping address..., still waiting on a reply...
Thought i'd mentioned that earlier...

Gamer67...  okay, thanks, I missed that

Avenger...  You were spot-on. I appreciate and respect you, even if we don't get along all the time. Thanks.

studione... right..   Thx will certainly try

The seller was Sushi. Observer was the one who traced the wallet address through blockchain. You may want to contact Observer, get the wallet address and then pass it on to Sushi, if this hasn't already been done.
done, thx

Just a question.

Why did you lay down so many BTC on a first order if no one knew if they were legit?

Wouldn't it have been more sensible to order 1 and see how it went?

BINTEX