Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:38:08 AM

I agree @poolwaffle make your pool source code open source on github or such similar open source sites so suspicions such as these can be allayed.  you scrypted the re-direct of pool to ghash.io for the 2x promotion before ...
The GHash proxy was a completely unrelated sort of redirect...  And the rest of your post is just as dumb.  

Publishing source code would do nothing to alleviate suspicions - you can obviously run something different in the production environment vs the code your publish. What it would do is remove some of WafflePool's market advantage that comes from PoolWaffle's custom stratum implementation, profitability switcher, and other code.

Quite frankly, I am really tired of hearing about this redirect shit.  Disable it in your miners and move on.  Someone found a cool way to abuse a feature in the mining software we all use - it will probably happen again.  Patch, compile, and move on.

Wouldnt it be very easy for a pool owner of a multipool to take 5% hashing power of peoples rigs Randomly
Yes... they could.  If they were going to, they wouldn't do it by redirecting mining power to another server - that would make almost no sense.  The easier way to skim off a pool is simply to not publish some of the blocks you find.  The chances of a miner noticing that is a lot less then a miner noticing he is hashing for a different server (I would say, anyway).

But if a multipool skimmed 5% off the top all the time (or any pool for that matter), it is very likely nobody would mine there.  5% is a pretty noticeable thing when you're talking about the tight margins on mining profitability sometimes.

The reason I keep my hash power on WafflePool most of the time, is because WafflePool always published block found stats.  And since the very beginning, I was matching my blocks found against the blocks found by my equipment.  After over 1000 blocks discovered for this pool, WafflePool reported all of them correctly.  Sadly, due to database load, PoolWaffle did remove the individual blocks found stats.  This is less relevant for clarity now that we are mining mainly higher diff coins, but I still miss that reporting - it is certainly part of why most of my hashing power is sitting on VertCoin and not WafflePool right now (oh, and because the profitability margin advantage of multipools has dropped significantly in the past weeks ofc).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utahjohn

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:43:34 AM

Mar 26, 2014 (partial)    13.05803551    7.66 GH/s    0.00472061

Market advantage? I have moved on to other pools and will only return to waffle when these issues are resolved.  Look at the stats! Miners are NOT returning to waffle.  Sorry that poolwaffle has invested in 24+ boxes to run servers but there is no real advantage to mining here.
ButterBread

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:45:20 AM

Just take the hint and head to the right forum, please.

and yet here you are adding to the off topic discussion as has been explained to the the forum here that this is an off topic discussion...part of the problem not the solution

Cheesy
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:48:47 AM

Before people make assumptions I am not in no way pointing the fingers at pool owner or any pool owner in fact, as I am in no way to know.. But I am just curious after reading about this hi-jacking thing... Wouldnt it be very easy for a pool owner of a multipool to take 5% hashing power of peoples rigs Randomly , so that not all the people know its happening at once because its suspicious but a different random group off 300 people each day 5-10% of each Plus the pool fee. How are we to know what is happening, since its not happening to all the people the other 3000-4000 people will just say check your network, pings, rigs, settings, cgminer etc.... I find it very hard for an outsider who does not have any admin access to the stratum point servers to re-direct hashing power from inside > to > outside, not saying its not possible but I recon there are some very shifty pools out there that we need to be aware off. I think we all need figure out a way to find out if its happening for our own good and to look after one another, maybe there is a way and I don't know about it....

WHats your thought?

There are far easier ways for a pool operator to skim off the top without leaving much of a trail for you to follow, and this is especially true for multicoin pools, so if you have reason to doubt the character of a pool operator then you should immediately switch to a different pool.  As for wafflepool, I tracked down poolwaffle's true identity (no, I won't share it so don't ever bother asking for a hint), so I know exactly with whom I am dealing, and he has thus far shown to be trustworthy and conscientious.  But don't take my word for it; make your own judgments.

Yeh thanks for the input, not sure if they can even leave a trail if you do it right.. and I woudln't expect you to make his identity public so dont worry... Its hard to judge anyone over the internet. Poolwaffle to me sounds like a good guy, I have seen his posts and he seems legit. But I mean.... a pool may be in line with other pools as for profit, it may have no downtime, rejects could be low, pool owner could be a good communicator, if you were to keep people making you $$ you would wouldnt want to leave them in the dark anyway <<< All this and it can still be happening who is to know?..  Thats the reason why I cannot point any fingers.. Its extremely hard which is why I was wondering if there was something to help people judge multipools.

Honestly I know the best way is mine your self and juggle the coins yourself but of course this takes time especially for people who work and use this as an extra source of $.. I wish I was rich enough to quit work and get into this full time lol ... im the type that will stay up far into the night for weeks until i know the crypto industry back to front, i have not had a chance to do so but only read bits and pieces here and there.

@ utahjohn

Thats a good idea to help in some way I guess, its a good start. But Thinking about it again, they can just post the parts MINUS the parts we not supposed to see and close the code so it looks complete

phzi

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:49:26 AM

Market advantage? I have moved on to other pools and will only return to waffle when these issues are resolved.  Look at the stats! Miners are NOT returning to waffle.  Sorry that poolwaffle has invested in 24+ boxes to run servers but there is no real advantage to mining here.
Looks great to me.  WafflePool always seems to do best at around the 10GH mark.  sfire is off elsewhere with his 20-25GH, and I won't be sad if he doesn't return to WP.  That power did a lot to decrease variance when mining litecoin.  But, variance is honestly kinda fun.  And smaller coins are nice to mine.

What issues do you expect resolved?  How about this:  if you aren't mining here, you stop posting here?  You and comeonalready have been just littering this thread with dribble for a while.

As for wafflepool, I tracked down poolwaffle's true identity (no, I won't share it so don't ever bother asking for a hint)
WTF... are you 16 or something?  Posting that you 'tracked down' someone's identity reeks of a pathetic and overly exaggerated sense of self-importance.  (Not that I think for a moment you actually did... but who cares)

The personalities in this thread seem to becoming more and more MiddleCoin like lately =(.  Following that thread was a chore.

---

If you are paranoid about getting ripped off by a pool owner, go use p2pool (or, go read about p2pool shares if you don't know how that works).  You'll probably end up back mining on a pool tho =p
gtraah

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:53:13 AM

Market advantage? I have moved on to other pools and will only return to waffle when these issues are resolved.  Look at the stats! Miners are NOT returning to waffle.  Sorry that poolwaffle has invested in 24+ boxes to run servers but there is no real advantage to mining here.
Looks great to me.  WafflePool always seems to do best at around the 10GH mark.  sfire is off elsewhere with his 20-25GH, and I won't be sad if he doesn't return to WP.  That power did a lot to decrease variance when mining litecoin.  But, variance is honestly kinda fun.  And smaller coins are nice to mine.

What issues do you expect resolved?  How about this:  if you aren't mining here, you stop posting here?  You and comeonalready have been just littering this thread with dribble for a while.

I must off missed the part where some one explained this 25gh miner.... Like what the hell? This cannot be GPU right? If this is Asic , then more people like this  = say bye bye to standard scrypt coin - DEMOLISHED.... Fair enough if thats GPU power but GEEEEEZ thats like 1000s of GPUS Is this serious? WHat the FFFFFF
phzi

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:57:11 AM

I must off missed the part where some one explained this 25gh miner.... Like what the hell? This cannot be GPU right? If this is Asic , then more people like this  = say bye bye to standard scrypt coin - DEMOLISHED.... Fair enough if thats GPU power but GEEEEEZ thats like 1000s of GPUS Is this serious? WHat the FFFFFF
It's been talked about many times.  Chinese operation - you can look up the user 'sfire' on these forums for a bit of background.  He was originally the "MiddleCoin Whale", left there and was mining litecoin for a while, and then was on WafflePool for quite a while (their hash contribution grew from 5GH, 8GH, 10GH, to 20GH+), went over to GHash.IO for the 2x/1.25x promotion, came back to WP for a bit, and it looks like they are back at ghash again mining LTC.

They are operating mainly off of GPUs, but I believe they recently doubled up their operation with gridseed ASICs (based on worker names).

1000s of GPUs tho - yes.  And 1000s of little ASIC chips.  Economies of scale - if it makes sense for all of us to do it in our homes, then it makes even more sense for someone to do it in multiple factories with the advantages of bulk purchasing and commercial utility rates.
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:00:32 AM

I agree @poolwaffle make your pool source code open source on github or such similar open source sites so suspicions such as these can be allayed.  you scrypted the re-direct of pool to ghash.io for the 2x promotion before ...

That was not a redirect, but a proxy.  All miners were still directed to us, and we relayed information back/forth to GHash.  In no way similar to the redirect attack.  I don't plan on opensourcing the pool a this time.  If I wanted to "steal" hashrates, lets be honest, there would be much easier ways that would be much less obvious (this is a blatent attack).

There are far easier ways for a pool operator to skim off the top without leaving much of a trail for you to follow, and this is especially true for multicoin pools, so if you have reason to doubt the character of a pool operator then you should immediately switch to a different pool.  As for wafflepool, I tracked down poolwaffle's true identity (no, I won't share it so don't ever bother asking for a hint), so I know exactly with whom I am dealing, and he has thus far shown to be trustworthy and conscientious.  But don't take my word for it; make your own judgments.

Well that worries me slightly if its true.  Gotta love the internet Smiley

I should have investigated the ip address first before posting the complicated answer.  192.99.25.62 (otherwise known as ns236914.ip-192-99-35.net) appears to be wafflepool's useast stratum server.   (Unless a dns hijack currently in progress, which I seriously doubt.)

Before using netstat, I had suggested that you create a table of your expected server host names to ip address mappings so as to be able to properly evaluate the results.  Did you do that first?

This is correct.  That is one of the new boxes we spooled up during the DDOS.  Its been running faster than the last box we had in that location, so it has become the new primary there.
gtraah

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:03:02 AM

I must off missed the part where some one explained this 25gh miner.... Like what the hell? This cannot be GPU right? If this is Asic , then more people like this  = say bye bye to standard scrypt coin - DEMOLISHED.... Fair enough if thats GPU power but GEEEEEZ thats like 1000s of GPUS Is this serious? WHat the FFFFFF
It's been talked about many times.  Chinese operation - you can look up the user 'sfire' on these forums for a bit of background.  He was originally the "MiddleCoin Whale", left there and was mining litecoin for a while, and then was on WafflePool for quite a while (their hash contribution grew from 5GH, 8GH, 10GH, to 20GH+), went over to GHash.IO, came back to WP for a bit, and it looks like they are back at ghash again mining LTC.

They are operating mainly off of GPUs, but I believe they recently doubled up their operation with gridseed ASICs.

1000s of GPUs tho - yes.  And 1000s of little ASIC chips.  Economies of scale - if it makes sense for all of us to do it in our homes, then it makes even more sense for someone to do it in multiple factories with the advantages of bulk purchasing and commercial utility rates.

Wow yeh I asked the question before and then did not come back on the thread for a week or 2 and must of missed the reply...Definitely a group with millions and with investment on their minds.. 25ghs DAymm

thats like 50-60K per day FUARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK *drools... Money back in a couple months then WOah Woah WOoahHHh
gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:44:11 AM

pw, how to move from one purse to another, so, too, and the balance transferred?

oktay50000

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:53:43 AM

can we mine on waffle now? is it back to normal? or still have issues?

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:01:12 AM

pw, how to move from one purse to another, so, too, and the balance transferred?

Email me your old address, new address, and a signature from the original address signing the following message (without the quotes):
"please transfer my wp earnings to my new address"

can we mine on waffle now? is it back to normal? or still have issues?

Yep Smiley
gaalx

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:23:27 PM

and a signature from the original address signing the following message (without the quotes):
how to do it? how can I write a letter to you from your purse? Ivin for illiteracy

poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:39:57 PM

and a signature from the original address signing the following message (without the quotes):
how to do it? how can I write a letter to you from your purse? Ivin for illiteracy

Depends on what wallet you use.  There should be an option somewhere for "sign message" for a certain address (proves you own the address essentially)
gaalx

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:18:46 PM

Depends on what wallet you use.  There should be an option somewhere for "sign message" for a certain address (proves you own the address essentially)

one - btc-e; second - a conventional purse. as purse btc-e write to you?

ak111in

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

In case anyone is interested in advertising on www.wafflepoolmonitor.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=533021.msg5911269#msg5911269
azebro

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:36:51 PM

Wonder what is CleverMining mining, they're on 0.00583 BTC/MH, although their reject rates are crazy high.
gtraah

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:25:52 PM

quick question --does adding shaders make your gpu more stable whilst mining? regarding 290x or 290
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:43:22 PM

We should see profits going up now, for the next 3.5 days, as litecoin difficulty went down by 7% just now.

Litecoin per Mh/s per day now at 0.1855, which at the current LTC/BTC ratio is 0.00531 BTC/MHs/day for mined litecoin.

Maybe we'll creep up into the .008 levels :-)

ungaro59

Activity: 679
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:04:13 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 05:19:03 PM by ungaro59

Wonder what is CleverMining mining, they're on 0.00583 BTC/MH, although their reject rates are crazy high.

Because Wafflepool mining ALWAYS doge, mintcoin flapycon, worldcoin => POOR PROFITS

Today LTC = 0.0052 BTC/Day/Mh and Wafflepool = 0.0044

CONCLUSION = MINE YOURSELF LITECOIN ! or go to clevermining...

It seemed that wafflepool mining the most profitable crypto?  Undecided Huh

Participez à l'aventure bitcoin. Hébergez un noeud bitcoin sur Raspberry pi ou Orange pi. Tutos complets : http://bitcoinfullnodeonraspberrypi.blogspot.fr/
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: