Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226222 times)
wzttide

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

hey again,

what is the difference or benefit of joining a pool with a fee as opposed to a pool with no fee?

Some pools charge fees, others don't. It's up to you who you trust more Smiley

If you have a low hashrate (let's say below 500 mh/s) you should stick with one of the MPOS pools, otherwise I'd recommend a p2pool, like this one: http://anomalypool.com/static/ No fees at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:25:59 PM

hey again,

what is the difference or benefit of joining a pool with a fee as opposed to a pool with no fee?

If you have a low hashrate (let's say below 500 mh/s) you should stick with one of the MPOS pools, otherwise I'd recommend a p2pool, like this one: http://anomalypool.com/static/ No fees at all.

Hope you meant KH/s there ... Wink
wzttide

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:29:53 PM

hey again,

Hope you meant KH/s there ... Wink

Yes, sorry, kh/s.
tertius993

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:47:12 PM

is changing algo from scrypt still on the table? my vote goes to x11 like darkcoin..asic and multipool resistant, cooler video cards and lower electric bills.

Probably not... The way I see it is as the scrypt ASIC start to become more and more available CGA will become more and more valuable (due to more hash power = higher difficulty = less CGA per block). So we almost welcome ASIC because it will only help CGA become more elusive.

Any consideration to put a smaller cap on the coin?  Roll Eyes

What for? You wont see more then 16 Million in your lifetime. It will take a minimum of 50,000 years to mine all 10 Billion. I don't see an issue. Wink

I've raised this question a few times, this is exactly why I think it is an issue.

Practically the first thing anyone asks when looking at a new coin is "What is the total number possible?"  In the case of CGA the answer is "10 billion".  By the time you have gone on to explain why it doesn't matter and because of the algorithm really there are only going to be a few million they have glazed over and moved onto the next coin.  Obviously that doesn't apply to the wise people who are already part of the community, but I think it does to the man on the crypto street.

If, to all intents and purposes, there can't be more than a few tens of millions then why not set the limit at say 40-50 million?  I personally think it would do a lot to help people realise it really is a rare coin.
cdboot

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:01:46 PM

is changing algo from scrypt still on the table? my vote goes to x11 like darkcoin..asic and multipool resistant, cooler video cards and lower electric bills.

Probably not... The way I see it is as the scrypt ASIC start to become more and more available CGA will become more and more valuable (due to more hash power = higher difficulty = less CGA per block). So we almost welcome ASIC because it will only help CGA become more elusive.

What for? You wont see more then 16 Million in your lifetime. It will take a minimum of 50,000 years to mine all 10 Billion. I don't see an issue. Wink

I've raised this question a few times, this is exactly why I think it is an issue.

Practically the first thing anyone asks when looking at a new coin is "What is the total number possible?"  In the case of CGA the answer is "10 billion".  By the time you have gone on to explain why it doesn't matter and because of the algorithm really there are only going to be a few million they have glazed over and moved onto the next coin.  Obviously that doesn't apply to the wise people who are already part of the community, but I think it does to the man on the crypto street.

If, to all intents and purposes, there can't be more than a few tens of millions then why not set the limit at say 40-50 million?  I personally think it would do a lot to help people realise it really is a rare coin.

+1
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

+1

"up to 16 million in your lifetime"...and remove the 10 billion,good enough?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:42:55 PM

in terms of MH the coin will be more elusive but in terms of electricity and MH the guy with a 50 MHs asic at 3000watts will get more coins than the guy with a 10MH GPU rigs at 3000watts at the same electric bill..
omwtothemoon

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:43:43 PM

+1

+1 I had to explain this several times in the troll box and everyone lost attention hahah:p
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

+1
+1 I had to explain this several times in the troll box and everyone lost attention hahah:p
I think the only concern an investor has is the *rate* at which coins are produced.
Now (with low diff) that is about 1 coin every 2 minutes. In future (if ASIC mining takes off and diff goes up) that may be much lower.
Only the speed at which new coins enter the market and the increase in the amount of cash flowing into the market determine
the price of the coin, so with the low rate (and likely dropping - not from "halving" but from diff increase) the value per coin should be high.
Putting a cap on the coin beyond our lifetime does not make any difference at all for any investor.
Just my 0.02 CGA

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:26:23 PM

.....poloniex being still frozen.....
I can confirm that Poloniex is working again - I finally went back and submitted a trade that was accepted.
Thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated!

They had to reindex. All is well now.

All is NOT well the market is frozen again at Poloniex! New fork!?

All IS well. The market WAS frozen, I was notified literally minutes after the market was frozen and sent an email out to Poloniex minutes after. ALL IS WELL.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
bluetree1

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:31:38 PM

For the coin mining rule I still don't understand, that will make it difficult for my mining work

comm
OldManKidd

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

ok so i have unzipped cgminer 3.7.2... i dont have an exe in the folder. i dont know how to start it. i am signed up at thedigitalmint i understand i am to set up a  batch file but have no cgminer.exe to start.. i have to compile the binaries?
tertius993

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

ok so i have unzipped cgminer 3.7.2... i dont have an exe in the folder. i dont know how to start it. i am signed up at thedigitalmint i understand i am to set up a  batch file but have no cgminer.exe to start.. i have to compile the binaries?

Hmm, what platform is this? Windows?

If it is Windows you should have an executable - cgminer.exe.  If you don't then I suggest you delete the lot, run a thorough AV/malware scan (just being prudent) and start again.  Find a different source, or post again and I can email you the zip.

You should also have a file called SCRYPT-README.txt - I strongly recommend you read this and follow its advice, it is the best guidance I have found and produced by far the best results.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

Any consideration to put a smaller cap on the coin?  Roll Eyes

Practically the first thing anyone asks when looking at a new coin is "What is the total number possible?"  In the case of CGA the answer is "10 billion".  By the time you have gone on to explain why it doesn't matter and because of the algorithm really there are only going to be a few million they have glazed over and moved onto the next coin.  Obviously that doesn't apply to the wise people who are already part of the community, but I think it does to the man on the crypto street.

If, to all intents and purposes, there can't be more than a few tens of millions then why not set the limit at say 40-50 million?  I personally think it would do a lot to help people realise it really is a rare coin.
+1
I think the only concern an investor has is the *rate* at which coins are produced.
Now (with low diff) that is about 1 coin every 2 minutes. In future (if ASIC mining takes off and diff goes up) that may be much lower.
Only the speed at which new coins enter the market and the increase in the amount of cash flowing into the market determine
the price of the coin, so with the low rate (and likely dropping - not from "halving" but from diff increase) the value per coin should be high.
Putting a cap on the coin beyond our lifetime does not make any difference at all for any investor.
Just my 0.02 CGA

I understand the concern and will look into changing the descriptions to "Less than 16 Million in a lifetime". I think our 10 Billion coin max will give us an advantage in the long run. Look at it this way:

CGA is mineable for a minimum of 50,000 years, which means that CGA will be mined for generations (poised to be a lasting tradition?), that is longer than any cryptocoin that is out right now (that I know of). While about every other coin will be mined out within the developers lifetime, CGA will not. As Cor2 (kinda) said, CGA does not "half" (which in my opinion is not done right because it is on the developers terms of "when do I want my coin to be more valuable"), CGA simply decreases supply rate when the hash rate increases, so the rarity of our coin is indirectly related to our own technological advancement. CGA is not designed to be a fad, get rich quick, or pump and dump coin. It is a "long term coin" for long term investment, with our own way of life to determine the price.

I know it is a mouthful but, IMO if you are truly interested in cryptocoins and you plan on investing in them (miners included) you must do all your research on the coin you are investing in. The ones that look at just the max coins is a fool and hurting the entire coin community (bitcoin included). Ignorance, It is what is destroying modern economies and seems to of found its way into the crypto world.

polmax

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:20:21 PM

Practically the first thing anyone asks when looking at a new coin is "What is the total number possible?"  In the case of CGA the answer is "10 billion".  By the time you have gone on to explain why it doesn't matter and because of the algorithm really there are only going to be a few million they have glazed over and moved onto the next coin.  Obviously that doesn't apply to the wise people who are already part of the community, but I think it does to the man on the crypto street.

If, to all intents and purposes, there can't be more than a few tens of millions then why not set the limit at say 40-50 million?  I personally think it would do a lot to help people realise it really is a rare coin.
+1
Just my 0.02 CGA

I understand the concern and will look into changing the descriptions to "Less than 16 Million in a lifetime". I think our 10 Billion coin max will give us an advantage in the long run. Look at it this way:

CGA is mineable for a minimum of 50,000 years, which means that CGA will be mined for generations (poised to be a lasting tradition?), that is longer than any cryptocoin that is out right now (that I know of). While about every other coin will be mined out within the developers lifetime, CGA will not. As Cor2 (kinda) said, CGA does not "half" (which in my opinion is not done right because it is on the developers terms of "when do I want my coin to be more valuable"), CGA simply decreases supply rate when the hash rate increases, so the rarity of our coin is indirectly related to our own technological advancement. CGA is not designed to be a fad, get rich quick, or pump and dump coin. It is a "long term coin" for long term investment, with our own way of life to determine the price.

I know it is a mouthful but, IMO if you are truly interested in cryptocoins and you plan on investing in them (miners included) you must do all your research on the coin you are investing in. The ones that look at just the max coins is a fool and hurting the entire coin community (bitcoin included). Ignorance, It is what is destroying modern economies and seems to of found its way into the crypto world.

I did not attach much importance when the first time I read about 10B, but I am very confused, I thought "yeah dogs" and perhaps think so many people reading the main post. because for making decisions about the coin, and there are thousands of people spend 5-10 minutes.
for example, I would be understood by  2 000 000 or 3 000 000
how much time we mining it?
if you take practice: 2 months, we have 27 000 = 27 000*6 = 162 000 year, 3 000 000/162 000 = 18.5 years,if a little and we want this makes it even our grandchildren may be 30 000 000 = 185 years... and if the difficulty will be 50 or 100, we will not block 0.33, and 0,02, or 0.01, can be 3,333,333? or 33 333 333

for investors, holders is important to understand which limit emissions, we have no limit, no again, the end mining - never!
and it's not because someone wants to inflate the bubble, to enrich themselves - just have some laws of economy.
in my opinion for holders, these holders, it is extremely important to understand how much he has percents from the total volume 0.0001 or 1%...

the world of technology is very fast, the planning horizon 3-5 years, 10 years will have some quantum laser super mega coin, colony on Mars or Moon) in 20-30 years

sorry for my English (Google translate)
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

+1
Just my 0.02 CGA

I did not attach much importance when the first time I read about 10B, but I am very confused, I thought "yeah dogs" and perhaps think so many people reading the main post. because for making decisions about the coin, and there are thousands of people spend 5-10 minutes.
for example, I would be understood by  2 000 000 or 3 000 000
how much time we mining it?
if you take practice: 2 months, we have 27 000 = 27 000*6 = 162 000 year, 3 000 000/162 000 = 18.5 years,if a little and we want this makes it even our grandchildren may be 30 000 000 = 185 years... and if the difficulty will be 50 or 100, we will not block 0.33, and 0,02, or 0.01, can be 3,333,333? or 33 333 333

for investors, holders is important to understand which limit emissions, we have no limit, no again, the end mining - never!
and it's not because someone wants to inflate the bubble, to enrich themselves - just have some laws of economy.
in my opinion for holders, these holders, it is extremely important to understand how much he has percents from the total volume 0.0001 or 1%...

the world of technology is very fast, the planning horizon 3-5 years, 10 years will have some quantum laser super mega coin, colony on Mars or Moon) in 20-30 years

sorry for my English (Google translate)

This is how I do the math (after showing my work here I now need to change the descriptions Tongue):

Find the maximum amount of CGA (if diff < 3) to come into existence (not counting bonus blocks):
1 month(30days) = 2,592,000 sec
2,592,000 sec / 40 sec blocks = 64,800 blocks per month
64,800 blocks per month x .33333333 per block = 21,599.999784 CGA per month
21,599.999784 CGA per month x 12 = 259,199.997408 CGA per year
100 years (if you live to 100) x 259,199.997408 CGA per year = 25,919,999.7408 CGA in a "lifetime"

Minimum amount of time to "mine out" CGA:
10 Billion CGA / 259,199.997408 CGA per year = 38,580.2472993827 years

So, if the difficulty for CGA never goes above 3 for 38,580.2472993827 years then CGA will be mined out. But this is very unlikely, the difficulty will rise in the first few years due to technology, making CGA more scarce and theoretically more valuable.

polmax

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:00:12 PM

This is how I do the math (after showing my work here I now need to change the descriptions Tongue):

Find the maximum amount of CGA (if diff < 3) to come into existence (not counting bonus blocks):
100 years (if you live to 100) x 259,199.997408 CGA per year = 25,919,999.7408 CGA in a "lifetime"

So, if the difficulty for CGA never goes above 3 for 38,580.2472993827 years then CGA will be mined out. But this is very unlikely, the difficulty will rise in the first few years due to technology, making CGA more scarce and theoretically more valuable.

and what will we do?
over 15 000 years to teach extraterrestrial intelligence how to mining?

259,199.997408 CGA per year  - not rare 100%

maximum of 20 000 000-30 000 000
I think that 2 000 000-3 000 000
and while I don't have 100% confidence that when you have reached the end when 20m, not even sure that when 2m     
if we decide 2m for 1-2 months the rates of interest may be increased to 100-1000%
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:09:16 PM

and what will we do?
over 15 000 years to teach extraterrestrial intelligence how to mining?

259,199.997408 CGA per year  - not rare 100%

maximum of 20 000 000-30 000 000
I think that 2 000 000-3 000 000
and while I don't have 100% confidence that when you have reached the end when 20m, not even sure that when 2m     
if we decide 2m for 1-2 months the rates of interest may be increased to 100-1000%

I believe that mining will become something that everyone will know how to do. It is getting easier and more "user friendly" every year. As time progresses mining is going to get more popular (especially if Bitcoin gets fully adopted world wide). So the network will grow.

Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:07:27 AM

Only 1/4 million per year - that is pretty elusive and exclusive.
Plenty coins where I can be (and have been) multi-millionnaire for an amount of money that buys you a simple dinner.
That will never happen to CGA since it is so hard to mine coins.
BTW, the almost-impossible just now happened:
I cpu-mined a block with the CGA wallet on my laptop, so I received 1/3 immature CGA just now.
Block 74745! So, it *is* possible even though I calculated it will take many weeks per block,
so I only mine as background process at ~1.5kh/s
Whoohooo!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:30:20 AM

Only 1/4 million per year - that is pretty elusive and exclusive.
Plenty coins where I can be (and have been) multi-millionnaire for an amount of money that buys you a simple dinner.
That will never happen to CGA since it is so hard to mine coins.
BTW, the almost-impossible just now happened:
I cpu-mined a block with the CGA wallet on my laptop, so I received 1/3 immature CGA just now.
Block 74745! So, it *is* possible even though I calculated it will take many weeks per block,
so I only mine as background process at ~1.5kh/s
Whoohooo!

Someone told me they had mined 5 blocks solo in an hour with ~2 Mh/s so profit is to be had!  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: