Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226214 times)
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:08:28 PM

Hey guys, does anybody here operate a p2p pool? I'm trying to set up a pool just for myself, and the versions I found don't support this coin. Do you somehow modify the source for it to support this coin? I haven't been able to figure this out.

Download the normal p2pool software, then get the patch from the bottom of this page and use it to patch the pool software:
http://cryptographicanomaly.p2p.0x0a.nl:23932/static/
How do you apply this patch? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob in this. I'm doing this in Win 7 btw.

Before I tell you how, why are you setting up a pool just for yourself? If you want to solo mine, say so and we'll tell you how, because P2Pool won't really help you solo mining at all.
Yes, the only reason I'm setting up a pool is because I can't mine solo with asic, it can only use stratum connection.

OK, what you want to do is get the Stratum mining proxy from here: https://mining.bitcoin.cz/mining-proxy-howto
and then run it with --help in a command line (cmd). There's an option to connect to your own wallet.

The stratum mining proxy is to convert the http:// protocol into stratum which is the opposite of what I need. Am I wrong?

I was under the impression from your post that you need to use stratum, and that getwork (http://) is not compatible with your miner. What ASIC are you using, and what software? I'll be able to just tell you the correct setup that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:11:09 PM

I am using gridseed with rasberry pi preloaded with some miner which I don't even know what it is. And yes, I only can use stratum protocol on it.

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:23:56 PM

I am using gridseed with rasberry pi preloaded with some miner which I don't even know what it is. And yes, I only can use stratum protocol on it.

Then the stratum mining proxy is what you need. You'll want to set up the linux wallet on your pi, set it up as a server in your configuration file, set up the mining proxy, then configure your miner with your mining proxy. If you don't know how to do this, join here and I can help you better: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#cganomaly
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

Then the stratum mining proxy is what you need. You'll want to set up the linux wallet on your pi, set it up as a server in your configuration file, set up the mining proxy, then configure your miner with your mining proxy. If you don't know how to do this, join here and I can help you better: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#cganomaly

I am mining into a wallet on another computer which uses windows. I really don't want to touch ras pi it's too much work, and it's not my only miner so I want to be able to effortlessly change coins without installing a wallet on each miner. So can you still do this and mine to another computer without touching the miner?

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:36:44 PM

I am mining into a wallet on another computer which uses windows. I really don't want to touch ras pi it's too much work. So can you still do this and mine to another computer without touching the miner?
Honestly I already spent like 3 hours figuring out how a p2p pool works and I have everything set up except a working server. I really don't want to learn a whole new procedure just because you're afraid I will create competition for you. So if you want to help, great, if not I'll create a thread somewhere else.

Yes, you can connect the mining proxy to your windows computer and its wallet, as long as your RPi and Windows computer are both on the same network and can ping each other.

I'm not at all concerned about competition. In fact, I encourage it as one of the developers for the coin. However, solo mining on a p2pool will not work well for you, especially with that low of a hashrate. If you really want to use a gridseed with a p2pool, use anomalypool.com. If you're absolutely desperate and will take nothing less than your own p2pool, tell me in a reply and I'll help you figure out the patch on Windows. Don't say I didn't warn you, though.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Cga is like 7th on cryptsy, im gonna but 2 cga in tonight to jump before chococoin, are you willing to follow me ??

Huh
wzttide

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:19:48 PM

No order fees on limit orders, now on https://www.swaphole.com/
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:16:00 AM

CGA to the moon!

yolo
niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:31:23 PM

You can mine Cryptographic Anomaly at www.CoinMine.pw - the best place to park your workers! Roll Eyes

Wallet updated

• 40 coins to mine from one account!
  • Unique functions
  • Easy switch worker from web interface without reconnects and stales!
  • Almost 0% reject rate !
  • Switch and monitor workers with API !
  • Check balances and withdraw funds with API !
  • EU and USA stratum nodes !
  • Auto switch workers with personal Coin Sets and Coin's Difficulty range for every Worker
  • USD, LTC, BTC rates for all mined coins!
  • Profitability calculator for LTC, USD for all coins!
  • Really FAST and clean interface.
  • Self-written server software optimized for maximum performance!
  • Cool and impressive functions adds almost every day!

And off course standard:

• Dedicated Xeon Server
  • SSL support
  • SSD HDD RAID
  • Several 1Gbit Europe Uplinks
  • DDOS Protection
  • 99.9% Uptime since launch
  • IRC and E-mail support!
  • Stratum
  • VARDIFF
  • PPL(10MIN)S Payout
  • Manual payouts without minimum
  • Auto Payouts every 5 minutes

tf2honeybadger

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:52:39 PM

You can mine Cryptographic Anomaly at www.CoinMine.pw - the best place to park your workers! Roll Eyes

Wallet updated

• 40 coins to mine from one account!
  • Unique functions
  • Easy switch worker from web interface without reconnects and stales!
  • Almost 0% reject rate !
  • Switch and monitor workers with API !
  • Check balances and withdraw funds with API !
  • EU and USA stratum nodes !
  • Auto switch workers with personal Coin Sets and Coin's Difficulty range for every Worker
  • USD, LTC, BTC rates for all mined coins!
  • Profitability calculator for LTC, USD for all coins!
  • Really FAST and clean interface.
  • Self-written server software optimized for maximum performance!
  • Cool and impressive functions adds almost every day!

And off course standard:

• Dedicated Xeon Server
  • SSL support
  • SSD HDD RAID
  • Several 1Gbit Europe Uplinks
  • DDOS Protection
  • 99.9% Uptime since launch
  • IRC and E-mail support!
  • Stratum
  • VARDIFF
  • PPL(10MIN)S Payout
  • Manual payouts without minimum
  • Auto Payouts every 5 minutes

In case anyone is actually considering doing this, you're going to be getting less payouts and earning less than one of our MPOS or P2Pools. They switch off the coin when they think it's going to be a smaller payout, but really, you should continue to mine. Until there is a massive difficulty increase, there will not be a massive change in block rewards. Finally, mining on a multipool with a network this size will hurt the coin, because when they switch off, transactions take a great deal longer.

If you want to help CGA, please do NOT support the multipools. You can also vote to remove CGA from the multipool here, but I seriously doubt they will remove it: http://www.coinmine.pw/votecoins.php

EDIT: I also want to add that during our last fork, they continued to mine on the wrong chain for over 800 blocks while advocating for the broken chain to become the main network chain. They do not seem to care at ALL about the future of the coins they mine. Do NOT support these people if you want CGA to succeed.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:58:33 PM

In case you all missed it: https://twitter.com/CGAnomaly/statuses/452850473993641984

According to Swaphole.com (and has been confirmed to be legit trades):
Volume last 24h: 11,255.21261789 CGA / 22.82868233 BTC

Too bad swaphole API is yet to be set up... or this info would of made us in the top 10 on coinmarketcap  Wink

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
omwtothemoon

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:22:58 PM

In case you all missed it: https://twitter.com/CGAnomaly/statuses/452850473993641984

Too bad swaphole API is yet to be set up... or this info would of made us in the top 10 on coinmarketcap  Wink
Wow cool:) I didn't even know that there were so many people on swap hole, might switch over to it now
brokedummy
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:38:08 PM

Mind boggling really. Would really like to understand how this even happened.
DEO

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:51:33 PM

cga.inceptioncraft.net/pool/ Has been down for days. Payout has been disabled, but you can still mine there. TF2honeybadger stated it would be fixed Thursday then again on Friday and it's still not fixeds
brokedummy
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

cga.inceptioncraft.net/pool/ Has been down for days. Payout has been disabled, but you can still mine there. TF2honeybadger stated it would be fixed Thursday then again on Friday and it's still not fixeds

I heard him say something about trying to get it finally fixed today. I think you can still mine there if you don't mind waiting for the payout.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:19:20 AM

Im a little bit desappointed of cga devs, its seem they have no plan to promote their coin, no investment in different sites to enter new markets and increase volume. :/

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
cdboot

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:50:28 AM

Im a little bit desappointed of cga devs, its seem they have no plan to promote their coin, no investment in different sites to enter new markets and increase volume. :/

In fact, they work very hard.
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:38:12 AM

I heard him say something about trying to get it finally fixed today. I think you can still mine there if you don't mind waiting for the payout.

Yes, I've been putting a lot of work into it.....there was database damage to the blocks table, so I'm trying to make payouts run without having to manually do payouts for each user. It is still safe to mine there if you do not mind waiting for the payouts. Otherwise, please pick the pool that has the least hashrate currently, and mine there until I get this working.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:26:03 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 05:59:14 AM by s4w3d0ff

You mean we wont stoop to the level of other shitcoins to trick people into thinking our coin is the latest and greatest beyond what it truly is? We have put everything on the table. It is up to the community to support the coin, not the devs, we are here to make improvements to the coin. If you mean flaunting around spouting the same shit that comes out of every other scamcoin devs mouth then, no, I will not promise you a pink unicorn that you can use to do your taxes with in the name of science and puppies.

There is a reason we do everything:

"no plan to promote their coin"?
Let me make this clear: This is not "my" coin or "the devs" coin, CGA belongs to who ever is holding CGA. We have been contacting blogs and wiggling into this ever expanding shit storm of altcoin propaganda trying to get CGA out there, but 2-4 guys can not do this alone. We need the community to do more then sit around and wait (I am not pointing a finger at anyone, but it would be nice if someone were to at least retweet, share a facebook post, or make a reddit post.)

"no investment in new markets"?
If you mean new exchanges: We have been excepted on 2 new exchanges in the last 2 weeks (granted one of our devs had created one). We have been adding votes to cryptsy (tho we "devs" are not "hardcore miners" and CGA does not have a premine that we can pull from, we don't have much BTC to spare), I have put all the BTC that I had (which is not much but I gave it all) into crypsy votes (foolish maybe). We have been in contact with the Cryptsy admins for the last few days and they are looking into maybe (MAYBE) adding us even tho we are not on the top of the list (don't get your hopes up).

If you mean things other than exchanges: Have you looked at 1BillionHex? I know I haven't said much about it, but we are going to play a major role in this game. I have been told that CGA will probably be used to actually purchase digital land within the game. The way BobNoble described it to me was that you could use CGA to "buy a moon". This game is going to be like nothing anyone has ever seen, it wont be like Flappy or Huntercoin, it will be much, much more. Not only will CGA get ridiculous amounts of exposure from this game, it will guarantee that CGA will not fall off the face of the earth (unlike so many shitcoins before us).

We have been working around the clock non stop since CGA was released (partially from recovering from my early mistakes, but these things happen when you try something that no one has done before), working around work, school, and personal schedules, sacrificing our time and sanity to "pick up the slack" that IMO is what the community (that are making all the profit anyway) should be doing.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:50:40 AM

You mean we wont stoop to the level of other shitcoins to trick people into thinking our coin is the latest and greatest beyond what it truly is? We have put everything on the table. It is up to the community to support the coin, not the devs, we are here to make improvements to the coin. If you mean flaunting around spouting the same shit that comes out of every other scamcoin devs mouth then, no, I will not promise you a pink unicorn that you can use to do your taxes with in the name of science and puppies.

There is a reason we do everything:

"no plan to promote their coin"?
Let me make this clear: This is not "my" coin or "the devs" coin, CGA belongs to who ever is holding CGA. We have been contacting blogs and wiggling into this ever expanding shit storm of altcoin propaganda trying to get CGA out there, but 2-4 guys can not do this alone. We need the community to do more then sit around and wait (I am not pointing a finger at anyone, but it would be nice if someone were to
at least retweet, share a facebook post, or make a reddit post.)

"no investment in new markets"?
If you mean new exchanges: We have been excepted on 2 new exchanges in the last 2 weeks (granted one of our devs had created one). We have been adding votes to cryptsy (tho we "devs" are not "hardcore miners" and CGA does not have a premine that we can pull from, we don't have much BTC to spare), I have put all the BTC that I had (which is not much but I gave it all) into crypsy votes (foolish maybe). We have been in contact with the Cryptsy admins for the last few days and they are looking into maybe (MAYBE) adding us even tho we are not on the top of the list (don't get your hopes up).

If you mean things other than exchanges: Have you looked at 1BillionHex? I know I haven't said much about it, but we are going to play a major role in this game. I have been told that CGA will probably be used to actually purchase digital land within the game. The way BobNoble described it to me was that you could use CGA to "buy a moon". This game is going to be like nothing anyone has ever seen, it wont be like Flappy or Huntercoin, it will be much, much more. Not only will CGA get ridiculous amounts of exposure from this game, it will guarantee that CGA will not fall off the face of the earth (unlike so many shitcoins before us).

We have been working around the clock non stop since CGA was released (partially from recovering from my early mistakes, but these things happen when you try something that no one has done before), working around work, school, and personal schedules, sacrificing our time and sanity to "pick up the slack" that IMO is what the community (that are making all the profit anyway) should be doing.

Adding onto this:
I have been working my butt off to make a feature that NO OTHER COIN HAS. That feature is that CGA will be able to completely kill off a blockchain fork within probably 20 minutes, and force clients on the fork to go back to the correct chain immediately. Not even Bitcoin or Litecoin can do this without a major hard fork and a lot of organization and lead time. This lead time can destroy the price of a coin if exchanges have to be frozen for days while the network decides what to do, so being able to resolve a fork within 30 minutes has obviously huge implications for CGA and all coins.

CGA will be the only coin to have access to this software for the first month, after which YACC will also get it since the developer (Cassey) helped me out a lot and we work together. After this time, I will be hand picking developers that I trust and coins that I think are worthy, and will be helping them implement this in their own coin source. The source code to generate and send these fork-correcting messages will not be released to the general public, because a malicious developer could use it to destroy a legitimate blockchain. Down the road, I will make this system completely decentralized and automatic, so forks will become a thing of the past.

Once again, this is UNIQUE to CGA, and while there is a definite need for this utility, CGA is going to be the FIRST and ONLY coin to have it for a significant amount of time. To say that we're not working on CGA and actively developing it is flat out wrong.

So, yeah. I guess the cat is out of the bag. I will not be divulging any technical implementation details to anyone, so don't bother asking.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: