Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:20:42 AM

I unplugged my miners a month and a half ago, but my stats page is still show 0.02093685 BTC pending in the payout queue...  it says it will be paid out 4 days if I remain inactive.  I had thought that all of my payouts were complete.  Is that normal to take that long to payout?  

No, he had already been paid out everything that he was owed already a month of and a half before.

He had not been payed "everything" there was still 0.02093685 outstanding, are you retarded?
At what point was it determined that the "non payment" had anything to do with shelved shares.

A) Do you understand how Eligius works?  Do you understand how CPPSRB works?  Do you understand what I mean by "shelved shares"?  It is theoretically possible for me to receive payment for shares that I submitted in March, when I quit mining.  I have already been payed everything that I am "owed" based on the luck at the time that I was mining, but if the pool has a long run of exceptional luck, it will "pay back" shares that were mined further and further back in time until it gets to my shares.

B) It was never completely determined, but there was indeed a very good run of luck leading up to his comment, and he accepted the explanation provided by another poster.  Given the lack of further information, case closed.  If he was unsatisfied with the explanation then he could have provided more information such as exact dates, and people could have investigated further to check the numbers.  See also these posts:

I've never reached the maximum reward before, but yesterday was SO close!

11blocks today? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Grin

(Note: the comment from Grix is especially meaningful.  If he got close to 100% payout, then fairly aged shelved shares must have been paid.)

C) So you are indeed basing this on just this one guy, whose situation you don't know anything about?  You're not mining with Eligius, you're not missing any payments yourself?  If yes, then STFU and GTFO!

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coin_Master

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:42:51 AM

Looks like your run of good luck just ran out, hope you enjoyed that 18 hour block Smiley
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:21:34 AM

Looks like your run of good luck just ran out, hope you enjoyed that 18 hour block Smiley

Last 10 blocks: 91.47%
Last 12 hours: 24.6%
Last 24 hours: 61.08%
Last 7 days: 101.6%
Last 30 days: 103.54%
Last 90 days: 99.18%

I'd say Eligius is still doing just fine.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
HPmuirt

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:36:06 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 02:24:05 PM by HPmuirt

1) You can sign a message using the Blockchain wallet.  I have not used Blockchain, but I know this is an option somewhere.  

So no, you don't really have to change your payout address.  But continuing the discussion...

2) Your awarded shares percentage is just a number.  If the pool has a run of good luck then your shares from the time you mined with the old address, and those shares are awarded, then they will be paid out to that address.  The shares mined on your new address will be paid out to your new address.  There is no penalty to changing addresses (save if one of the addresses gets orphaned with a small BTC amount that is less than the minimum payment threshold.... and if this happened, you could go back to mining at that address to bring it above the threshold).  You could change payout addresses on a daily basis if you wanted to.

3) This has already been addressed, but Bitcoin-Qt needs to know the private key for the address.  The private key is the "secret" that allows you to "unlock" the BTC in a given address.  You can give the public address to anybody, but you keep the private key to yourself.  Bitcoin-Qt can import private keys, but I'm not sure if you can obtain a private key to a Blockchain address.

4) You will also need to have a Namecoin wallet and generate a valid Namecoin address in order to receive Namecoins.  If you have been mining BTC without a Namecoin address added into the settings, you will not be able to recover the Namecoin mined during that time.  Don't worry about it, it's less than 1% of your earnings.  It's a nice bonus and worth taking a few minutes to set up, but not anything to lose sleep over.
Many thanks for your reply - very helpful  Grin

I have now managed to sign the message in my blockchain wallet and thus change my settings on Eligius. Also, quite opposite to some recent posts, received the payment to my Blockchain account within an hour or two, so all is now good.

Cheers n beers

HPmuirt
baddw

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:35:23 PM

1) You can sign a message using the Blockchain wallet.  I have not used Blockchain, but I know this is an option somewhere.  

So no, you don't really have to change your payout address.  But continuing the discussion...

2) Your awarded shares percentage is just a number.  If the pool has a run of good luck then your shares from the time you mined with the old address, and those shares are awarded, then they will be paid out to that address.  The shares mined on your new address will be paid out to your new address.  There is no penalty to changing addresses (save if one of the addresses gets orphaned with a small BTC amount that is less than the minimum payment threshold.... and if this happened, you could go back to mining at that address to bring it above the threshold).  You could change payout addresses on a daily basis if you wanted to.

3) This has already been addressed, but Bitcoin-Qt needs to know the private key for the address.  The private key is the "secret" that allows you to "unlock" the BTC in a given address.  You can give the public address to anybody, but you keep the private key to yourself.  Bitcoin-Qt can import private keys, but I'm not sure if you can obtain a private key to a Blockchain address.

4) You will also need to have a Namecoin wallet and generate a valid Namecoin address in order to receive Namecoins.  If you have been mining BTC without a Namecoin address added into the settings, you will not be able to recover the Namecoin mined during that time.  Don't worry about it, it's less than 1% of your earnings.  It's a nice bonus and worth taking a few minutes to set up, but not anything to lose sleep over.
Many thanks for your reply - very helpful  Grin

I have now managed to sign the message in my blockchain wallet and thus change my settings on Eligius. Also, quite opposite to some recent posts, received the payment to my Blockchain account within an hour or two, so all is now good.

Cheers n beers

HPmuirt

I realized I wasn't entirely correct in #4.  I suppose you could just set up a Namecoin receiving address on an exchange, and have your NMC sent there.  This is probably a better idea if you just want to dump it for BTC.  If you want to use Namecoin to reserve names, of course you will need the Namecoin client.

Also, I am not sure the status of Namecoin payouts from Eligius.  There have been problems on and off for months now with Namecoin (i.e. the official Namecoin ).  The pool might be mining it but only paying it out infrequently.

Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:33:37 PM

Wow, this is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum, and that says alot. How is anyone supposed to take you, or any of your stupid arguments (that clearly aren't based on reason, but rather some hatred you appear to have for eligius), when you don't even understand variance? Right before that 12 hour block there were SEVERAL blocks solved within hours. VARIANCE.
Coin_Master

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:50:27 PM

Wow, this is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum, and that says alot. How is anyone supposed to take you, or any of your stupid arguments (that clearly aren't based on reason, but rather some hatred you appear to have for eligius), when you don't even understand variance? Right before that 12 hour block there were SEVERAL blocks solved within hours. VARIANCE.

This has nothing to do with me, this has to do with someone who mined on Eligius questioning why there was still a pending payout due after a month and a half.  The only point I was making is that "Eligius does not payout as expected".
It was forum members that "assumed" the explanation was shelved shares, but this may not be the case, and until an investigation is done, it cannot be assumed to be the case.  We can all read the FAQ:
Does the pool *owe* me payout of my Shelved Shares?
No. The shelved shares are shares that pool itself never received any funds to pay in the first place.

But you are "totally" missing the point.
1. Someone pointed out that "something unexpected happened" this in itself demonstrates there is a problem.
2. It has never determined that there is not a problem, only speculated that it was shelved shares.

I have no hatred for Eligius, and I fully understand variance which is why I mine at a PPS pool, it makes no sense to mine in a CPPRBS pool that constitutes such a small percentage of the total network hashrate while difficulty climbs so quickly, any misplaced belief that it averages out over time is pure nonsense, you don't have time.

Reward is determined by your hashrate proportional to the total network hashrate, over time.  As the total hashrate climbs your expected rewards will diminish, you can't afford to have variance at this point.
baddw

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:59:39 PM

1. Someone pointed out that "something unexpected happened" this in itself demonstrates there is a problem.
2. It has never determined that there is not a problem, only speculated that it was shelved shares.

This is where you are wrong.  Somebody, who was a relatively unknown poster, posted a question with no screenshot attached, no mining address attached, no definite dates given... no PROOF at all.  It was just a simple question.  A simple answer was provided.  The OP accepted the answer and moved on.

The whole thing might have been 100% fictional.  "Something unexpected happened" might not have happened at all!  Therefore, there is no demonstration of an actual problem with Eligius.  If 3 or 4 other people piped up with the same problem, ok, we might have a problem on our hands.  If the OP provides more evidence, ok, we might have a problem on our hands.  If a simple answer is given, indicating that a simple but rare situation had occurred and that there is no actual problem, and the OP accepts that simple answer and moves on, then the problem did not exist.

You can't give credence to every little thing and use it to determine that there is a problem.  "TROLL X SAYS Y, THEREFORE Y IS TRUE AND ELIGIUS IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET" is not a valid thread of logic.  (Not saying the OP was a troll.  Just that he *could* have been, and without proof one way or the other, or corroboration by others, there is no way to tell.)

Coin_Master

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:55:44 PM

Point taken, moving forward it is good to see such strong supporters of Eligius.
dreisbits

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:07:48 AM

With the risk of being called names, being banned, flamed, having my puny wallet hacked and generally being treated horribly, I felt the need to write my very first post in this forum and say what I think about Eligius and the people who run it and also the people who support it. Just joined after noobing for a few months and getting ripped by other pools and for the first time I understand how things work (by reading this very thread, by the way). You contribute, block is found, 25 bitcoins are split based on contribution, crystal clear. Some days it takes a while to find a block and the payment queue is slow, some days many blocks are found fast and the rewards are sent faster. You can track everything and everything is out in the open. No fees of any kind, that's awesome - in the true spirit of the cryptocurrency concept. My first payment came straight from being generated and not from some wallet, that had a cool factor for me (yes, still a silly noob, go ahead and make fun). The guys who run this fixed a problem in no time yesterday, I was impressed. The people who believe that a one time 16 hour block is a tragedy, should look at the stats, Eligius has a fairly large piece of the pie out there in terms of blocks found. All in all I think this is a cool community and I think I'll stay and support it, at least until my wife decides that she does not want to pay our ever growing electric bill anymore. I know it will never make me rich, I just don't know how to run 16 Antminers out of my closet like dmwardjr - not that even that will ever make me rich (sorry dmwardjr, love your setup) - my electric panel will just blow up, I can't even run an electric heater without tripping circuit breakers. But I know this will change the world and I'm happy I'm part of it.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:12:07 AM

With the risk of being called names, being banned, flamed, having my puny wallet hacked and generally being treated horribly, I felt the need to write my very first post in this forum and say what I think about Eligius and the people who run it and also the people who support it. Just joined after noobing for a few months and getting ripped by other pools and for the first time I understand how things work (by reading this very thread, by the way). You contribute, block is found, 25 bitcoins are split based on contribution, crystal clear. Some days it takes a while to find a block and the payment queue is slow, some days many blocks are found fast and the rewards are sent faster. You can track everything and everything is out in the open. No fees of any kind, that's awesome - in the true spirit of the cryptocurrency concept. My first payment came straight from being generated and not from some wallet, that had a cool factor for me (yes, still a silly noob, go ahead and make fun). The guys who run this fixed a problem in no time yesterday, I was impressed. The people who believe that a one time 16 hour block is a tragedy, should look at the stats, Eligius has a fairly large piece of the pie out there in terms of blocks found. All in all I think this is a cool community and I think I'll stay and support it, at least until my wife decides that she does not want to pay our ever growing electric bill anymore. I know it will never make me rich, I just don't know how to run 16 Antminers out of my closet like dmwardjr - not that even that will ever make me rich (sorry dmwardjr, love your setup) - my electric panel will just blow up, I can't even run an electric heater without tripping circuit breakers. But I know this will change the world and I'm happy I'm part of it.

Eligius is cool.  Don't forget to setup your NMC payout address.  I just got another one payout recently.  At 0% fee + NMC, I don't see why anyone would want to mine anywhere else.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:36:39 AM

is namecoin working again Huh

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

I received a payout recently.

M

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:37:22 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 09:56:07 AM by Biffa

I received a payout recently.

M

Confirmed, just had a big backlog Namecoin payout on the 9th November and some dust yesterday.

Thanks!

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 10:52:25 AM

Site (www.eligius.st) and stats are not working.

mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:58:25 AM

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/0.8.54
kodiak1120

Activity: 220

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

Any update on this?  I switched pools temporarily.  Can anyone confirm that shares are still being accepted even though the webpage is down? 
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:43:37 PM

Any update on this?  I switched pools temporarily.  Can anyone confirm that shares are still being accepted even though the webpage is down? 

Hacker hit the website again Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:47:48 PM

In all the time I've been here, I've never seen a case where front end problems affect back end shares.  All is well, you just can't see it.

M

mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:53:05 PM

330274 (Main Chain)    2014-11-16 13:49:03    00000000000000001849ed57a441be19c1af62c857d2363465e9194f5cb24399
we are ok!
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: