Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

Ya, well there are a lot of dollars out there too Wink
that what i mean! those $, mintcoin is using them to stabilize his value whereas bc use them to increase his value since it doesn t have dilution.

Whoa, no need to get excited. The coins added aren't enough to cause effect in the market. They, are however a great reason to buy and hold Mint.

Every proven currency in the world has inflation.

-Mintcoin already has 44 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control in latest wallet
-Android coming soon
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per year until cap of 70 Billion.

So get on board before the first year is up! The price depends on you  Wink

Don't forget to subscribe mintcoin subreddit   http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/ and like us on facebook     https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin

Sorry if i look excited Wink i m not i just pointed something that i feel wrong in your post. I know all that, that s why i m currently buying mint.

Again i m not excited, but there were not a single currency that was "proven". They all failed, and thanks to inflation.

Mint looking very good but not the short term like BC. Anyway with the last pump i don t think that BC will go much higher for the time being. Mint on the contrary Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

mint is still young, and has already a decent userbase, many exchanges supporting it and many merchants, like many others have pointed out. We need to start spending them, they must circulate if we want this to work.

The road to stability is long and bumpy, mint is still a toddler, with time on its side.
No need to worry.

And on another note:
Avoid thinking and dividing your selves in MyCoin Vs TheOtherCoin attitude.
It is a false dilemma, fake problem, it only serves to divide the cryptocommunity.

No coin is better than any other coin, this is pointless.

Your coins are tools. All coins, all currencies in the world are merely tools. It is up to the user to put those tools to good use.
Do not enter false dilemmas like that.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:48:18 PM

Sorry if i look excited Wink i m not i just pointed something that i feel wrong in your post. I know all that, that s why i m currently buying mint.

Again i m not excited, but there were not a single currency that was "proven". They all failed, and thanks to inflation.

Mint looking very good but not the short term like BC. Anyway with the last pump i don t think that BC will go much higher for the time being. Mint on the contrary Wink

I'm kidding with you about the excited thing  Grin

As far as the inflation thing, I was referring to fiat currencies. I agree with you that Mintcoin is a longterm hold. It's just soooo undervalued at this price. I think it will steady rise the next few weeks with people wanting to get on board.

\
rudius

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:53:48 PM

As far as the inflation thing, I was referring to fiat currencies.

Yes me too Wink

I have big hopes for crypto currency.

With all the coins out there, i think that it is a competition. Altcoins is just a lab for what will emerge for the 2.0 of bitcoin. We dont know yet.
L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:06:08 PM

Ok so, I am having nothing but issues with this new wallet. Every time I turn around it stops syncing, I have to close and reopen. Then the coins I have minted will be lost. Is there a node I need or something I am doing wrong? I am really getting tired of loosing coins.
Hello,
If you're using 1.8 wallet, you can safely ignore sync problems. Just hover your mouse on the "syncing" text, if it says last generated block is generated just a few seconds/minutes ago, then you're fine.

There are some rogue clients on the network that announce wrong block heights (they are people who did not upgrade to 1.7 or upgraded late, and still haven't noticed), when such a client connects to you, it confuses your client. Your client disconnects them, but the estimate on UI stays there. So it's really a display issue.

I am sort of gathering that things are ok. I am running 1.8. But I am just getting so many accepted blocks. Is there a reason for this?

I also read I dont need my wallet open to mint new coins? But if that is the case, why is it when I leave my wallet closed and then open it, nothing new happens? I have only minted when my wallet was open, synced, and unlocked. I am just trying to get some clarification.

rudius

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:12:14 PM

Ok so, I am having nothing but issues with this new wallet. Every time I turn around it stops syncing, I have to close and reopen. Then the coins I have minted will be lost. Is there a node I need or something I am doing wrong? I am really getting tired of loosing coins.
Hello,
If you're using 1.8 wallet, you can safely ignore sync problems. Just hover your mouse on the "syncing" text, if it says last generated block is generated just a few seconds/minutes ago, then you're fine.

There are some rogue clients on the network that announce wrong block heights (they are people who did not upgrade to 1.7 or upgraded late, and still haven't noticed), when such a client connects to you, it confuses your client. Your client disconnects them, but the estimate on UI stays there. So it's really a display issue.

I am sort of gathering that things are ok. I am running 1.8. But I am just getting so many accepted blocks. Is there a reason for this?

I also read I dont need my wallet open to mint new coins? But if that is the case, why is it when I leave my wallet closed and then open it, nothing new happens? I have only minted when my wallet was open, synced, and unlocked. I am just trying to get some clarification.
Nope, you are not loosing any coin age when you close it. But to mint you must have you wallet open.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

In the last week I've mined a lot of coins but always... ALWAYS... I have the same... "UNCONFIRMED... GENERATED BUT NOT ACCEPTED"... why?

what I'm doing bad?... why I can't get a confirmed block from my stacked coins?

Thanks in advance....
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:09:30 PM

In the last week I've mined a lot of coins but always... ALWAYS... I have the same... "UNCONFIRMED... GENERATED BUT NOT ACCEPTED"... why?

Thanks in advance....

wich version of the wallet do you have pal?
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:21:02 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

And I have deleted all blocks and peers files and chainstate in order to download the updated files... I'm with this situation from more than a week and I don't know what to do... please... help...

Thanks

-CryptoGuy-

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:30:37 PM

Thanks in advance....

How many coins do you have in your wallet?  Dont need an exact number, but it would help people.

ie - having 1500 coins total, minting on that total is going to have a lot lower "luck" then someone with 15 million.

Another question - have you limited the number of connections eiher intentionally or unintentionally via a setting in your router? (or your conf file obviously)  Being able to get your POS block out to the network faster (via more connections to other wallets), will make your chances of it being accepted to the blockchain that much higher.

I'm sure others will have something to add - but at the end of the day, do not worry about it to much.  If it isn't accepted today, then when it tries again tomorrow because your coinage is still high enough to mint, your just going to end up with another days worth of interest.  I'd understand if these coins were worth a little something to the end of not being able to buy something you want, but the chances of you trying to buy something with these thigns at the moment is probably extremely small.

Dont get me wrong - I understand the frustration.  The first time I tried solo mining Litecoin back in the day, I was sure I was being dooped by something or someone because I didn't get a block in three days of mining except some rejected blocks which paid nothing obviously.  Then the next day I minted 4 blocks in one day.  If only I had known how much they would be worth one day.  Unfortunately I sold at $3 and change because none of thought they would be going much higher anytime soon.  IT did pay for my laptop though!
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:37:17 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

And I have deleted all blocks and peers files and chainstate in order to download the updated files... I'm with this situation from more than a week and I don't know what to do... please... help...

Thanks

Please try this and let us know how it goes. Remember wallet.dat is your mintcoins, so make sure it's safe: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22vihb/updated_to_wallet_18_now_stuck_on_block_227004/

\
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:42:07 PM

Thanks in advance....

How many coins do you have in your wallet?  Dont need an exact number, but it would help people.

ie - having 1500 coins total, minting on that total is going to have a lot lower "luck" then someone with 15 million.

Another question - have you limited the number of connections eiher intentionally or unintentionally via a setting in your router?  Being able to get your POS block out to the network faster (via more connections to other wallets), will make your chances of it being accepted to the blockchain that much higher.

I'm sure others will have something to add - but at the end of the day, do not worry about it to much.  If it isn't accepted today, then when it tries again tomorrow because your coinage is still high enough to mint, your just going to end up with another days worth of interest.  I'd understand if these coins were worth a little something to the end of not being able to buy something you want, but the chances of you trying to buy something with these thigns at the moment is probably extremely small.

Dont get me wrong - I understand the frustration.  The first time I tried solo mining Litecoin back in the day, I was sure I was being dooped by something or someone because I didn't get a block in three days of mining except some rejected blocks which paid nothing obviously.  Then the next day I minted 4 blocks in one day.  If only I had known how much they would be worth one day.  Unfortunately I sold at $3 and change because none of thought they would be going much higher anytime soon.  IT did pay for my laptop though!

Thank you for your answer...

As Jack the ripper said... please... I'll go by parts...

I have more or less 400000 coins in my wallet and I have mined a block every 10 minutes more or less the problem is all blocks are unconfirmed and I don't know why...

I have the latest wallet and I have downloaded the latest blocks and I still get unconfirmed blocks... hundreds and hundreds of unconfirmed blocks... it is frustrat... I know it is difficult to mine but PoS should be a little easy than a standard mine, as I understand...

I will check the number of connections as you mentioned but I think my problem will be other thing... anyway... thank you for you idea and I will try it as soon a send this reply...

Thanks and I'm open to other ideas...
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:48:51 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

Please try this and let us know how it goes. Remember wallet.dat is your mintcoins, so make sure it's safe: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22vihb/updated_to_wallet_18_now_stuck_on_block_227004/

Yes... I've done this but I will try another time in order to make sure...
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:54:32 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

I just threw entire folders in the trash when I did it, minus wallet.dat of course.

\
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

I just threw entire folders in the trash when I did it, minus wallet.dat of course.

I've done it... for fourth time and I'm downloading now the blocks... but I think this time will be as other times... I don't know what is happening but I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem... anyway... I'm trying your solution in order to discard things...
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:05:37 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

I've done it... for fourth time and I'm downloading now the blocks... but I think this time will be as other times... I don't know what is happening but I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem... anyway... I'm trying your solution in order to discard things...

Either way please report back, we need to get this thing figured out. I actually don't have any coins set to mint for about 8 days, so I won't know for sure until then, but if you go back a few pages or look on Reddit their are plenty of people minting successfully.

\
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:15:13 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

Once you've completed the blockchain download, go into the "Debug Console" and type repairwallet then hit enter...if this doesn't make a difference then go to the debug console again and type salvagewallet.

One question....your coins, did you acquire them all at the same time, or was it small amounts that you deposited over time?
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

Either way please report back, we need to get this thing figured out. I actually don't have any coins set to mint for about 8 days, so I won't know for sure until then, but if you go back a few pages or look on Reddit their are plenty of people minting successfully.

For this reason I'm asking here... because something is wrong in my wallet and I don't know what is... anyway... i'm downloading new blocks... it will take me sometime so... I think I will prepare some pop-corn in order to wait as comfortable as I can...
vingaard
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:19:23 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

Once you've completed the blockchain download, go into the "Debug Console" and type repairwallet then hit enter...if this doesn't make a difference then go to the debug console again and type salvagewallet.

One question....your coins, did you acquire them all at the same time, or was it small amounts that you deposited over time?

I got my coins in amounts of 1000 to 3000 coins at the first days of coin mining....
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

Thanks in advance....

v 1.8.0.0

Thanks

I got my coins in amounts of 1000 to 3000 coins at the first days of coin mining....

I recently spent a lot of time in the Clean Water Coin IRC chat room while testing their wallet for fixes. It sounds like you could have one of several possible problems.

This helped me tremendously with issues I was having with the wallet. It was a temporary fix to bypass issues with bad code.

BACK UP WALLET.DAT

We are going to be re-naming your Mintcoin -qt.exe file

1. Close your wallet if it is open.
2.. Go to your MINTCOIN wallet folder and right click on "Mintcoin -qt.exe", and change it to "Mintcoin -qt -salvagewallet -repairwallet -connect=0.exe"
3. Start Wallet and see if it helps.

If not:

1. Your conf. file needs to be updated to all known GOOD nodes. If it has nodes (IP addresses) that are the wrong block height, your wallet will not be able to synch right. One thing I also noticed is that a lot of people aren't keeping their .conf file in the %appdata%\Mintcoin folder, and are instead keeping it in the wallet folder. Move it over to the %appdata%\Mintcoin folder if this is the case.

These are my current .conf file settings, and my wallet just minted on time successfully yesterday, so they are working just fine. You can open your .conf file and see if your values are different. If they are, try pasting mine in and restarting wallet.

testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=82.73.249.168
addnode=173.69.49.106
addnode=82.131.33.87
addnode=96.244.241.62
addnode=79.103.60.211
addnode=115.187.228.119
addnode=93.103.143.167
addnode=71.204.235.217
addnode=50.171.251.116
addnode=65.25.244.83
addnode=76.91.118.4
addnode=91.61.40.108
addnode=98.177.158.203
addnode=98.207.109.245
addnode=75.174.4.1
addnode=99.245.184.159
addnode=78.83.27.181
addnode=96.18.173.160
addnode=118.123.116.219
addnode=173.26.106.194
addnode=82.233.163.250
addnode=177.140.202.7
addnode=97.81.64.44
addnode=79.166.77.203
addnode=68.145.81.59
addnode=181.165.200.142
addnode=144.76.220.169
maxconnections=100
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=12789
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

Hope that helps!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: