Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
raiuk

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud

Well, you should. Sharing your twitter account doesn't equate transparency.

And it was YOU who mentioned a hard fork the first time you attempted to take over mint.

So this shit is YOUR fault. I've been with mint since the beginning and you just showed up one day and and announced you are taking over.

That is not how one does business.

Nobody cares about your opinion. Bye.

She didn't show up oen day, she wanted to take over long time ago!! At that time the devs threaten her and David for these actions. I fully support both of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

i own 10mil mint bought at average of 15 satoshi havent been following developments but have watched price fall and now i just think its funny that the premine got sold so cheap.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:37:53 PM

There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud

Well, you should. Sharing your twitter account doesn't equate transparency.

And it was YOU who mentioned a hard fork the first time you attempted to take over mint.

So this shit is YOUR fault. I've been with mint since the beginning and you just showed up one day and and announced you are taking over.

That is not how one does business.

Nobody cares about your opinion. Bye.

She didn't show up oen day, she wanted to take over long time ago!! At that time the devs threaten her and David for these actions. I fully support both of them.

This guy is entitled to his opinion, but I think pretty much everyone supports the change so it's time to get on or off the boat.  If he's been with mint since the beginning then he knows that nothing has happened in months.  Something had to give.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:38:00 PM

paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.

mgburks77 - I understand your concerns. Please Pm me what type of verification you would like to see in addition to my online resume and social profiles and I will try to have everything put together in a press release package for you and anyone else who shares your concerns for (hopefully monday). -  I will include an explanation of this in my release as well. I know this is allot to take in - especially if you are an investor from Mintcoin's peak. I was investing right up to our peak when everything crashed. I couldn't understand why the price was continuing to crash when MINT was so much better then most of the alternatives out there. If any means of verification require additional costs I will get a price for you to deposit the appropriate amount of mintcoin to. (funds have been spent on facebook paid advertising and mintcoin bounties. I am a little broke Smiley

David contacted me when the community decided to initiate the Mintcoin Fund to assist with the development and website management

From there I started donating my website hosting / switched over mintcoin.cc as well, my donations have turned into news releases, thunderclap campaigns, new social profiles, fan banners for social, project development, marketing reports and now here. Helping other members of the team who care as much as I do about this coin to take it where it should of gone from its current peak.

I would also like to ask that in return for my cooperation for taking these extra steps of verifying my identity that you in return become an active part of this conversation and offer constructive feedback to the Business strategy I posted earlier in the thread as this should be a community decision and you are apart of the community.

The developer was burned out on the coin. Plain and simple. He had been for awhile. It happens.

paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:26:53 PM

paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.
I don't need to login to github mintcoin user account, just creating a new project there and adding my personal github account as a project collaborator would allow me to commit to the project repository and do whatever project's owner is able to do (as long as I have collaborator access for my account).

And I won't need to access any other accounts like social networks, etc.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:04:03 PM

mgburks77 - I understand your concerns. Please Pm me what type of verification you would like to see in addition to my online resume and social profiles and I will try to have everything put together in a press release package for you and anyone else who shares your concerns for (hopefully monday). -  I will include an explanation of this in my release as well. I know this is allot to take in - especially if you are an investor from Mintcoin's peak. I was investing right up to our peak when everything crashed. I couldn't understand why the price was continuing to crash when MINT was so much better then most of the alternatives out there. If any means of verification require additional costs I will get a price for you to deposit the appropriate amount of mintcoin to. (funds have been spent on facebook paid advertising and mintcoin bounties. I am a little broke Smiley

David contacted me when the community decided to initiate the Mintcoin Fund to assist with the development and website management

From there I started donating my website hosting / switched over mintcoin.cc as well, my donations have turned into news releases, thunderclap campaigns, new social profiles, fan banners for social, project development, marketing reports and now here. Helping other members of the team who care as much as I do about this coin to take it where it should of gone from its current peak.

I would also like to ask that in return for my cooperation for taking these extra steps of verifying my identity that you in return become an active part of this conversation and offer constructive feedback to the Business strategy I posted earlier in the thread as this should be a community decision and you are apart of the community.

The developer was burned out on the coin. Plain and simple. He had been for awhile. It happens.

Burned out actively unloading the 700,000,000 pre-mine. And now I'm supposed to have empathy for her/him/them?
Yeah, not in this lifetime.

Time to see this for what it was, a Pump and Dump.

Notice the active cheer leading squad is no longer around?

I'm not saying this isn't salvageable to some degree, but lets stop kidding ourselves over what this really was.
Sandals4life

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:10:11 PM

700,000,000 is less than 4% of the coin supply. This is much less to worry about than most coins which have premines, IPOs or covert instamines, et al that are much worse. Mintcoin's mining phase and distribution was great, but one thing after another has kept pounding the price down. Website issues, transparency, FUD, and also big multipools dumping millions of coins...Remember, Mintcoin was so profitable to mine during the initial distribution/mining phase that large Bitcoin multipools were mining Mintcoin and mining hundreds of millions of coins, and then they were dumping them too. But the mining phase is over now so this can't happen again.

Mintcoin's intital distribution was almost too good. It distributed so many coins to too many people...that didn't even want Mintcoins and dumped them. Too much of a good thing, became a bad thing for Mintcoin lol. Shocked  At least nobody can say Mintcoin had a bad distribution, it was epic. It was the most profitable coin to mine during the mining phase.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:22:19 PM

Did the old dev team cash out the premine for them self?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:23:43 PM

Yes they opted to take it out as payment for there services.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

***holes

I think MINT was my last altcoin adventure.
I honestly thought it would be different this time.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
liveandletlive77

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:18:41 AM

How low do you think it will go? Are some of you people still trying to sell/dump your coins? I want this coin to rise, and I want to invest more, but I don't have a lot of extra money so I just want to know when it will stop dropping. Also, if big investment and pump comes into this coin will people dump? or are the dumpers all gone now? I just want to know really how committed are the people in this community, and when you think the coin will turn around for good.
someguy4

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:36:36 AM

I have been writing a wow healing addon on curse for a while, added mintcoin as a possible donation address: MXSLssubATpKQuFQ5BT26WRDbz3msWE5gd addon: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/random-healing-addon-m/pages/main/
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:47:33 AM

How low do you think it will go? Are some of you people still trying to sell/dump your coins? I want this coin to rise, and I want to invest more, but I don't have a lot of extra money so I just want to know when it will stop dropping. Also, if big investment and pump comes into this coin will people dump? or are the dumpers all gone now? I just want to know really how committed are the people in this community, and when you think the coin will turn around for good.

I really don't think there are many people hanging around this thread who are interested in dumping anything. As far as selling goes, there are probably a few, but not at this price, and probably not before it at least reaches their buy-in price.

As far as big investment/pump, I still think there are more hodl'ers here than sellers. I personally made my first buy at 38, and I will not sell for anything less than 380 (barring some unforeseen financial calamity, of course). And even if it hits my personal plateau, I don't think I'd sell as long as things were going well with the coin, and in my life. I'd give it a minimum of three to four years to see where it may go. There is a cycle, look at btc. I'm not about to "panic sell" - it could literally cost a fortune. It may not, but I'm willing to risk that. I think most everyone who is still here thinks the same way, to one degree or another. And as long as this community cares for, and nourishes this coin - stays positive about it, and innovates - Mint has a better chance than a great deal of the rest of the alts out there today. I resolutely believe that.

My advice at this time, and at this price would be, buy and hold. At the same time, I would stress that you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose. That statement gets old - but it never gets untrue.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:57:32 AM

Sorry Cryptomommy, but the mere action of unloading the 700,000,000 million pre-mine indicated they had no intention of sticking around for the long term. If their intention was long term, they wouldn't have sold off the entire pre-mine.

The fact you keep apologizing for their actions is a little bit disturbing.

acceptance2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:17:46 AM

I really don't think there are many people hanging around this thread who are interested in dumping anything. As far as selling goes, there are probably a few, but not at this price, and probably not before it at least reaches their buy-in price.

As far as big investment/pump, I still think there are more hodl'ers here than sellers. I personally made my first buy at 38, and I will not sell for anything less than 380 (barring some unforeseen financial calamity, of course). And even if it hits my personal plateau, I don't think I'd sell as long as things were going well with the coin, and in my life. I'd give it a minimum of three to four years to see where it may go. There is a cycle, look at btc. I'm not about to "panic sell" - it could literally cost a fortune. It may not, but I'm willing to risk that. I think most everyone who is still here thinks the same way, to one degree or another. And as long as this community cares for, and nourishes this coin - stays positive about it, and innovates - Mint has a better chance than a great deal of the rest of the alts out there today. I resolutely believe that.

My advice at this time, and at this price would be, buy and hold. At the same time, I would stress that you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose. That statement gets old - but it never gets untrue.

If you've been following the Block Explorer over time I think your assessment about more holders than sellers is somewhat true - especially now we theoretically won't be swimming against the developers 700,000,000 which we have been all along.

What people need to realize, a lot of the trading we've seen, especially on Mintpal, wasn't genuine, as in you're selling, I'm buying, the trade is completed. A lot of the trades on Mintpal were run similar to wash or box trading. One person, no doubt the developer, was creating a market, moving Mintcoin back and forth between accounts, creating the illusion of a market where none exists. That being the case, having to swim against a 700,000,000 premine actually was significant because it counted for a lot of the real trades on the way down.

But the good news is, if in fact the developer has sold off everything, it may be clear sailing ahead if people are patient a little bit longer.

I believe there may be some good developments on the horizon.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:41:29 AM

When the Android Wallet is released it will make all the difference in the world.

Frankly, I could care less if it Mints.

I want it for the ability to introduce Mintcoin to people.

I live in a very small but popular tourist city. Tourists from Asia, North America and Europe. In abundance.

From observation over 90% have either a tablet, Android phone or I-Phone with them while traveling.

We have close to 100 locations renting bicycles for people to cruise the city.

I will offer a Go Green - No Gasoline campaign awarding people FREE Mintcoin from the vendor to customer to introduce them to the Green Crypto Currency - Mintcoin.

It will not have a profoundly fast impact, but it will be spreading the Mintcoin message to all corners of the earth in a practical way.

Simple campaign, bit of ground work on the front end, no foundation necessary or needed.

If this was being replicated on a weekly or monthly basis, this would be a coin I would want to invest in for the future.

When the Android Wallet is released I will post details for others to access if they want to do something similar in their location.

And yes, I'll be funding the campaign in my city.
wheatrich

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:48:10 AM

walks in  what's going on in this

oh

I should've seen this coming from the original dev since he was a bit sketchy.  ah well   I'm a bit too optimistic in this forum.
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:52:24 AM

acceptance2

When you have access to an android wallet, I would enjoy receiving updates on your efforts.

Utilizing paper wallets with info about mint and wallet download link might be a useful tool for those you encounter that want to do more research prior to installing some random app ... just a thought for down the road.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:24:50 AM

acceptance2

When you have access to an android wallet, I would enjoy receiving updates on your efforts.

Utilizing paper wallets with info about mint and wallet download link might be a useful tool for those you encounter that want to do more research prior to installing some random app ... just a thought for down the road.

I will make sure people have the option to download the wallet immediately. That will have a much higher adoption ratio than simply sending them away with a piece of paper which would likely be lost before they even got back to their guesthouse/hotel.

Of course offering both is the best solution.

In addition to the information sheet I'm also working on a nice sticker/decal similar to:

What do you think, Ride Green or Go Green?
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:32:26 AM

Nice. Ride.

Looks like your have a well laid out plan in mind/process.

Like I said...look forward to updates.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: