Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

PPS: Josh, you still didn't answer the direct question, merely dancing around it: "Did you delete the post in question, or not ? Why do you think a mod or admin would delete that one particular comment given your greatest hits here ?"

Josh is so used to lying he cannot answer direct questions anymore. Avoiding, misrepresenting, flat out lying, it's all he knows how to do at this point.

should've made a politician career instead of bitcoin mining industry ^^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:11:04 PM

should've made a politician career instead of bitcoin mining industry ^^

Good point. He might be warming up for running for office.

Buy & Hold
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 12:20:06 AM

<snip>

*hugs and kisses honey*

Love seeing you fly off the handle with your lunatic ravings Smiley Keep it up !

Why would Josh's incendiary and arrogant post be deleted by a moderator or admin, and leave the rest of Josh's ravings up ?

Excellent, thanks for admitting it.  Now we can move on.  I have no reason to answer to you, a self professed liar.  You are scum and beneath my contempt.

PS: This popcorn is FUCKING TASTY ! Orville Redenbacher Hot-Air popped + Land-o-Lakes Salted Butter == Heaven !

PPS: Josh, you still didn't answer the direct question, merely dancing around it: "Did you delete the post in question, or not ? Why do you think a mod or admin would delete that one particular comment given your greatest hits here ?"

EDIT: Turns out grue stated he deleted the comment as it was off topic (?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) There we go. Mystery solved. *makes motions with hands of things going over his head*

Comedy gold!  You performed all of your ritual responses in one post, congrats on your hat trick.  Not only that, but you posted a stupid statement, then edited your post to show what an idiot you were... man, my work here is done. You are actually responding to your own posts at this point, heh.  Try to remember to breathe, we wouldn't want you to pass out from lack of oxygen or something, you need the few braincells you have left.

ihavenoideahowthingsworkaroundhere

This pretty much describes your entire life, doesn't it? Be honest now...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:26:02 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 01:41:10 AM by Xian01

Comedy gold!  You performed all of your ritual responses in one post, congrats on your hat trick.  Not only that, but you posted a stupid statement, then edited your post to show what an idiot you were... man, my work here is done. You are actually responding to your own posts at this point, heh.  Try to remember to breathe, we wouldn't want you to pass out from lack of oxygen or something, you need the few braincells you have left.
I'm clarifying my own posts so the information is accurate. Would have been nice if you didn't wait 6 months to change the "August 2013 Tapeout" verbiage on the Monarch page until Feb 2014, speaking of updating posts with accurate information. Maybe you wouldn't be in this predicament you presently find yourself in.

Wouldn't have to do this silly dance if you would just answer questions directly, instead of coming off as arrogantly dismissive.

*smootch honey*
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:29:00 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 03:50:35 AM by Xian01

Be honest now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFv9hOoJ8yA
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:37:08 AM

I think the ethics of Blackarrow should be AT LEAST as low as BFL.

I have ordered miners at both companies (out of all the mining manufacturers out there I just had to pick the wrong one two times Ina row fml), but so far BFL has provided a better service than BA.

Their website even claims the X-3 is in stock, and at the end of the page it says "This is a PRE-ORDER (Batch 2), available for dispatch around 15/05/2014"

I have the feeling they are not even updating their website and/or news anymore, as we haven't heard any new information for a long time. The forums where always badly moderated, pretty much only deleting anything negative, just like they deleted 1/3 of the posts on this forum.

It really looks like one of those companies that was once good and now gone rogue, and try to lure people in by using their reputation from former times to scam people, and I don't think they plan on sending us anything at all, ever.

There's no warning for potential new customers on their homepage or on the selling pages, so new customers wouldn't even know about all the trouble they will run into if they'd decide to purchase a miner. "In stock" my ass.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:08:26 AM

As much as I hesitate to agree with Inaba, he does have a point...

When I was first going through the list, and saw that you were using BFL as one of your rating points, any thought about objectivity about this list went out the window.

Keeping the list is an important thing for people to be able to compare how a company has performed, but only if it is objective.

It appears that the maintainer/administrator of the list has a personal axe to grind and is using the list to do it with, and sorry, but that gives your list as a whole, a lower ethics rating than you probably want it to have.

There is no question that BFL has earned itself a lot of bad karma with the community in the past, but the way the list digs specifically at BFL, it makes it appear that no matter what BFL does to make things right and improve their image, they will never be able to raise their reputation as far as the list is concerned.

Guys... your list suffers by doing this. Be objective.

=squeak=

If anything it points to the limitations of the system in that it gives BFL a higher rating that it deserves given the millions they have stolen from people. Let us not forget that fact.

There is nothing in what BFL stands for as a company that would warrant a positive number on any scale or system. They are an abject failure as a company and to agree with Inaba with regards to giving BFL a "fair" shake? Pardon me but where was that fair shake for their customers the past 2 years? Seriously... when do customers get the benefit of proper and timely refunds, honest specifications and a company that rectifies their customers problems. If that is the scale we use then BFL gets a failing grade on all accounts. This is just funny that anyone would argue that BFL needs to be given the same scale to measure them on. At this point their failures should remove them from any scale and a big red warning label applied DO NOT BUY FROM BFL EVER is all that needs to be said. Right? I think everyone except Inaba will agree with that assessment.

Though BFL is by far not the only scam company out there, and BFL actually delivers sometimes (although often very late).

BA has not delivered for almost a year now and they don't communicate nor refund either.

Now in what way is BFL worse than BA? You either ship in time or you don't, you either honor refunds or you don't, etc.

Personal vendettas have nothing to do with it.

I have been a victim of both BFL and BA but I don't consider BFL to be worse than BA, in fact in my opinion, if anything, BA is worse.

The whole posts about them discussing about tape out internally, while they announced tape out months earlier, and they were well aware they would not meet deadlines, but they decided it was better to let customers believe they would meet the deadlines, that indeed a horrible hing to do and no company should EVER lie to their customers. Lying to your customers is a dead sentence to your company and your ethics as a person. But do you really believe BFL is the only one doing this? It's quite clear other companies do this as well. If they announce they'll ship in February, but continue to make up excuses, despite being "ahead of schedule", for months in a row, and every time it is "shipped next week", and don't even ship 9 month later, and at some point even claiming that they in fact did ship (they did send a prototype version to a handful of people just to be able to say that they shipped), some of these prototypes even caught fire and now they are using that as an excuse to not ship. From the facts it's evidence that they lie to the customers, yet they get a higher ethic rating than BFL while they do the same horrible things.

Lie about shipping date? Check
Lie about quality? Check (they claim their quality is military grade and that's why they can not keep their promise of matching their price with competitors, which proved to be a lie)
Lie about refunds. Check
Lie about have tape out? Not confirmed by chat logs, but by evidence we can assume they did indeed lie about this
Lie about being on schedule. Check
Lie about having shipped? Check (well technically they did ship, but I don't count shipping a failed prototype to a handful of seemingly randomly selected persons to be actual shipping)

What else can they lie about? They lied about pretty much everything.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:04:46 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:16:18 PM by Xian01

'Calls people out for being trolls, assholes, pathetic, scum, liars etc..... yet feels so insecure has to purchase some guns for protection.'
... with company money.
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:20:04 AM

When will you be updating this guide to more accurately reflect Bitmains downward spiral since releasing the terribly overpriced & under performing S4, their lack of support & untested firmware releases?

Will your bosses let you do that?

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:15:35 PM

I don´t really think pricing is a part of the evaluation process. (Unless it is a complete ripoff).

At around 0.3-0.4$/GH internal cost per GH, I don´t really see these units as terribly overpriced.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:10:04 PM

When will you be updating this guide to more accurately reflect Bitmains downward spiral since releasing the terribly overpriced & under performing S4, their lack of support & untested firmware releases?

I can do what I want, but you have to use facts not made up stuff.

1) Price has nothing to do with this guide, if its too expensive don't buy...
2) Underperforming, where? Every unit hits over the 2.0 selling mark. If not, then you're ignoring the instructions to use a manual difficulty of 2048.
3) Lack of support? They're the first company to actually hire a proper representative purely to increase communications.
4) Untested firmware releases? Engineers were getting heckled so much for a firmware update that they pushed an update with one file location wrong. It was fixed within a day, and within the meantime another member of staff had already shown the workaround.

It only takes one look at your post history to see that you'll disagree with anything I say regardless, purely because one of the three pools listed you disagree with: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=371518;sa=showPosts

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:14:33 PM

If pricing were part of it then everyone should have a low rating! Nothing being sold at retail will make a positive ROI even with free power.
Lassi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:28:36 PM

If pricing were part of it then everyone should have a low rating! Nothing being sold at retail will make a positive ROI even with free power.

And that makes any guide at this point useless. This might be the end of this portion of the forum considering it was the user coming here to discuss hardware that made it relevant. As time goes on there will be no more interest or users.

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

And that makes any guide at this point useless. This might be the end of this portion of the forum considering it was the user coming here to discuss hardware that made it relevant. As time goes on there will be no more interest or users.

Why does it have to be about ROI?

Alot of people mine simply because they can...

It's not about the ohh shit ROI in 2 months to me.

It's about the ohh shit broke ROI 6 times over after a year to me.

Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

Nobody could ever guarantee ROI for any miner, as bitcoin could be worth 1$ or 1000$ tomorrow, and many other unknown parameters influence a possible ROI.

It is highly unlikely that a large amount of hashpower would be maintained without the possibility of ROI, therefore increasing the chance of already bought equipment to achieve ROI.
deleterase

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:34:58 PM

I can do what I want, but you have to use facts not made up stuff.

1) Price has nothing to do with this guide, if its too expensive don't buy...
2) Underperforming, where? Every unit hits over the 2.0 selling mark. If not, then you're ignoring the instructions to use a manual difficulty of 2048.
3) Lack of support? They're the first company to actually hire a proper representative purely to increase communications.
4) Untested firmware releases? Engineers were getting heckled so much for a firmware update that they pushed an update with one file location wrong. It was fixed within a day, and within the meantime another member of staff had already shown the workaround.

It only takes one look at your post history to see that you'll disagree with anything I say regardless, purely because one of the three pools listed you disagree with: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=371518;sa=showPosts

LOL....that'll be a NO then.

Can't risk losing your Bitmain bribes wages eh?

1) I won't.
2) Wrong. Read the thread again.
3) Who's the proper rep?
4) Maybe if they tested the first release properly/at all they wouldn't get heckled.

Dogie sells out  Roll Eyes
Lassi

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:35:24 PM

Why does it have to be about ROI?

Alot of people mine simply because they can...

It's not about the ohh shit ROI in 2 months to me.

It's about the ohh shit broke ROI 6 times over after a year to me.

It doesn't but you are not going to get 100s of people coming here to buy things that don't ROI. Games over for the home user and by default this forum will fade as fewer people engage in this hobby.

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:36:39 PM

There are undoubtedly some development tendencies that will push mining more towards bigger installations (this is nothing new).

That doesn´t mean you cant profit from this development, but your home-miner at 0.15$/kWh is indeed unlikely to ROI any time soon.

Bigger commercial buildings with 100TH+ mining power already account for more than 50% of the network.
Lassi

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:44:40 PM

There are undoubtedly some development tendencies that will push mining more towards bigger installations (this is nothing new).

That doesn´t mean you cant profit from this development, but your home-miner at 0.15$/kWh is indeed unlikely to ROI any time soon ever again.

Bigger commercial buildings with 100TH+ mining power already account for more than 50% of the network.

FTFY.

What could be possible is a million usb miners spread far and wide to maintain the vision of the public miner.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:47:31 PM

Yes lack of support. I think that you missed this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg9163035#msg9163035 It seems that the S2 firmware isn't up to date and all S2s are in danger of having their hashrate stolen. Don't judge entirely on the past actions, judge by the present actions. (like in AMs case where they are represented by not having preorders when they DO have preorders)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: