Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:17:03 PM

Let's say dividends are 0.0002 BTC per share per month, how would that compare to the share price?

As a rough guide (for a successful ACtM) share price will settle at a ratio of between 4:1 and 10:1 with the annualised dividend.

So between 0.0096 and 0.024.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

It's in kens best interest to pay out the .0025 to the 10mill first
iamnot_

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:23:46 PM

It's in kens best interest to pay out the .0025 to the 10mill first

It's in the business prospectus to pay out the 0.0025 first, so there's really no way around it without creating a shitstorm.
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 11:23:21 PM

Data Center Update: 4/5/2014

We are continuing to bring up machines in our data center; however, we won't have the air conditioning running until next week, so this may limit us to the number of TH we can put on line this week.

Shipping of products:

Due to bring the Data Center online on Thursday and Friday we did not ship any products.  We will continue shipping starting on Monday the 7th.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:05:46 AM

Hey Ken good work.

Do you have a timeline for our custom 28nm? Are you designing it to be similar to hashfast chip?
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

We are continuing to bring up machines in our data center; however, we won't have the air conditioning running until next week, so this may limit us to the number of TH we can put on line this week.

Shipping of products:

Due to bring the Data Center online on Thursday and Friday we did not ship any products.  We will continue shipping starting on Monday the 7th.

Can you let us know when the AC will be running? Early or late next week? Also, when will you finish up the verification of shares so we can start trading? Thanks.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:47:21 AM

Let's say dividends are 0.0002 BTC per share per month, how would that compare to the share price?

As a rough guide (for a successful ACtM) share price will settle at a ratio of between 4:1 and 10:1 with the annualised dividend.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:52:59 AM

we do not have our own chip yet ,don't be too optismistic.  but i hope we can success.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:40:42 AM

Shipping of products:

Can you let us know when the AC will be running? Early or late next week? Also, when will you finish up the verification of shares so we can start trading? Thanks.

The AC should be running late next week, they are waiting on parts.  I will start working on the verification program on Monday, moving it up to the server and testing it out.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:44:17 AM

Shipping of products:

The AC should be running late next week, they are waiting on parts.  I will start working on the verification program on Monday, moving it up to the server and testing it out.

Once the AC is up, is there any reason, even if one that you can't/wont disclose, for increasing the self-mine by 100th/s per month instead of faster? Is time the limiting factor? If so, would it be possible to hire someone solely to build the mine?
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:06:56 AM

Shipping of products:

Once the AC is up, is there any reason, even if one that you can't/wont disclose, for increasing the self-mine by 100th/s per month instead of faster? Is time the limiting factor? If so, would it be possible to hire someone solely to build the mine?

There are a number of factors which limits how fast we can increase our self mining hash rate.  1) Available power, we have to install step down transformers, power panels and outlets in each rack.  2) Available funds for mining boards, power supplies, coolers, cables, etc.  3)  The amount of time it takes to install a working miner in the rack.  4) The amount of time it takes to tweak the miners for maximum performance.  5)  Maximum available power and cooling, we believe using our calculations we have enough power and cooling for 1,069 TH based on the electrician's estimate.     
Ozymandias2

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:11:03 AM

Shipping of products:

There are a number of factors which limits how fast we can increase our self mining hash rate.  1) Available power, we have to install step down transformers, power panels and outlets in each rack.  2) Available funds for mining boards, power supplies, coolers, cables, etc.  3)  The amount of time it takes to install a working miner in the rack.  4) The amount of time it takes to tweak the miners for maximum performance.  5)  Maximum available power and cooling, we believe using our calculations we have enough power and cooling for 1,069 TH based on the electrician's estimate.     

Interesting! Thanks for the detailed answer!
drasted

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:14:11 AM

The AC should be running late next week, they are waiting on parts.  I will start working on the verification program on Monday, moving it up to the server and testing it out.

What else needs to be done with it? You told us months ago it was ready and that you just needed to upload it.

I just have to set it up on the server.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:33:04 AM

Shipping of products:

You mention "using our calculations we have enough power and cooling for 1,069 TH based on electrician's estimate." But what about Funds. (2), do we currently have enough Funds to raise 1,069THs?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:37:04 AM

You mention "using our calculations we have enough power and cooling for 1,069 TH based on electrician's estimate." But what about Funds. (2), do we currently have enough Funds to raise 1,069THs?

This is why I think it's important to get full ROI before splitting the dividend 50/50 (reinvestment+shareholder profit).

If we don't get the full ROI back before sending shareholder their profit, this company will bleed money.

I really want to hear Ken's opinion on this matter.

I think the process needs to be:

Mining until FULL ROI. --> Now split 50% shareholder dividend, and 50% reinvestment for even more money so the company can make great progress.

I'm not sure where my old simulator went, but high reinvestment ALWAYS ended up with the shareholder making more money from dividends in the long run.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:46:24 AM

I'm 100% For us Reinvesting 100% until we're in the black, but before this considered by Ken I ask that he has a set game plan out for what to do with this money. If it's going to sit in a wallet for months or weeks and not go to use then he might as well pay it out as dividends.
Ozymandias2

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:53:34 AM

I'm 100% For us Reinvesting 100% until we're in the black, but before this considered by Ken I ask that he has a set game plan out for what to do with this money. If it's going to sit in a wallet for months or weeks and not go to use then he might as well pay it out as dividends.

I'm undecided on this issue, but I don't believe that this line of thinking follows. Funds could be needed at a later date (say for mass wafer production of the custom chip) so they may have to sit until they are needed (unless I misunderstood your post and this wouldn't count under your "not go to use" clause. Granted, I do believe some dividends should be paid out, but a war chest could be useful.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:08:07 AM

If it's going to sit in a wallet for months or weeks and not go to use then he might as well pay it out as dividends.

Just remember one thing, all money that gets paid out as a dividend will never ever return to ActiveMining, the company had its IPO and it's unlikely to have a third one.

I have no problem with the ROI funds sitting in a wallet for months. Worst case scenario Ken one day closes the company and pays out the wallet funds as a final dividend.

If we have 1000 bitcoin, and then use all of it for 5,000 boards/chips, now after 3 months we have ROI, so now we have 1000 bitcoin again, this is good. Now 50% goes back to the company and we the shareholders are getting profit from the dividend.

It's profit because the company is no longer losing value. The warchest is the same base it was by the time we get a dividend so our share value remains constant as we get paid out profit. In fact the value of the share shall rise because of the 50% reinvestment.

Now if Ken pays out funds before ROI, the shares MUST fall in value because capital is being lost back to shareholders (This isn't sustainable either)

The whole point of buying hashfast was to make profit. So that in the future both ActiveMining and the shareholders will be better off. If we pay out before ROI we risk ruin by taking valuable capital away from the company.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:11:14 AM

If it's going to sit in a wallet for months or weeks and not go to use then he might as well pay it out as dividends.

Just remember one thing, all money that gets paid out as a dividend will never ever return to ActiveMining, the company had its IPO and it's unlikely to have a third one.

I have no problem with the ROI funds sitting in a wallet for months. Worst case scenario Ken one day closes the company and pays out the wallet funds as a final dividend.

If we have 1000 bitcoin, and then use all of it for 5,000 boards/chips, now after 3 months we have ROI, so now we have 1000 bitcoin again, this is good. Now 50% goes back to the company and we the shareholders are getting profit from the dividend.

It's profit because the company is no longer losing value. The warchest is the same base it was by the time we get a dividend so our share value remains constant as we get paid out profit. In fact the value of the share shall rise because of the 50% reinvestment.

Now if Ken pays out funds before ROI, the shares MUST fall in value because capital is being lost back to shareholders (This isn't sustainable either)

The whole point of buying hashfast was to make profit. So that in the future both ActiveMining and the shareholders will be better off. If we pay out before ROI we risk ruin by taking valuable capital away from the company.

This hinges on Ken making the right decision everytime and things always working out. We still don't know how much we lost on the eAsic deal or the 55nm deal. This is also money ActiveMining will never get again. What's the point of throwing money at stuff that won't stick, it would be better served paying Divs
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:12:22 AM

Basically, if we pay out too soon and ActiveMining can't get it's own profit for reinvestment + the ROI then the shares MUST fall in value. Capital is being lost and it will not return.

If we demand that ActiveMining gets itself sqaure by mining and selling it's hardware before reinvestment and dividend, the shares must RISE in value because ActiveMining will be adding capital back into operations.

Capital lets Ken buy more bulk, so cheaper $/gh and also lets Ken pursue a full custom chip.

I am actually uncomfortable with ActiveMining having less than 3,000 Bitcoin to it's name, it doesn't give us a lot of space to work.

I want money now as much as anyone. I put a lot into this, but I also know that ActiveMining is not rich and paying out too much too soon will mean I never get my ROI.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: