Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:59:19 PM

Wasn't People's Asic out that way?

Out towards Iceland? I'm pretty sure they're in Cali.

I think he may have been referring to my post (which somehow disappeared without my own or the mods deletion) where I asked if there was a guy who would/could reset ActM's miners should they for some reason go offline (specifically since the DC is in Cali or somewhere else on the west coast and Ken is usually in Missouri).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:37:40 PM

I think there would be good potential for bitcoin data centres in Scotland cool air and lots of potential for cheap energy. Lots of invest is going into renewables.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:48:43 PM

Since tomorrow is update day, I figured I'd ask: Ken, can you give us any news on the work that has been done so far on ActM's own custom 28nm chip?

6. Give us a specific date for your announcement that will reveal details of the 28nm chip that is in development. 

I wish I could, this is a moving target at the moment

The above is the last that we heard about it, and in the month that's passed since, I'm curious as to see what work has been done to push this project forward!
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

Since tomorrow is update day, I figured I'd ask: Ken, can you give us any news on the work that has been done so far on ActM's own custom 28nm chip?
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:08:00 PM

Hi Ken,

What's the deal with the hashrate drop over the past day?

To hot in the datacenter.  100+
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:36:05 PM

Hi Ken,

To hot in the datacenter.  100+

could not handle 19kW of power? how small is your data center?  (I was running 4kW in a 1bdrm apartment with 2 windows half-open and it was comfortable temperatures (noisy of course))

what happens to the other 40TH of equipment that is in this 'phase'? and the 140TH more after that?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

It's hot here in California this week.  Outside temps +95 F in some area's.  I'm not surprised he shut down a few racks.  Should be cooling down a lot by friday.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:50:13 PM

Hi Ken,

could not handle 19kW of power? how small is your data center?  (I was running 4kW in a 1bdrm apartment with 2 windows half-open and it was comfortable temperatures (noisy of course))

what happens to the other 40TH of equipment that is in this 'phase'? and the 140TH more after that?

They are ramping up. Give them a little break. All datacenters go through this process.

Everyone instantly comes on here to post a complaint when they see the hashrate go down, it's going to fluctuate until things get settled.
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:22:17 PM

Hi Ken,

If you would read the thread before posting you would have seen that we are waiting for the air conditioning to be fixed.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

Ken, are you preconfigureing and wiring the miners so once we get the AC and power all up to spec all you will have to do is turn them on?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:12:38 PM

Ken, are you preconfigureing and wiring the miners so once we get the AC and power all up to spec all you will have to do is turn them on?

Yes, the team is getting everything ready to run.  The air conditioning parts came in today.
sebastienurbain

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:19:42 PM

Data Center Update: 4/5/2014

We are continuing to bring up machines in our data center; however, we won't have the air conditioning running until next week, so this may limit us to the number of TH we can put on line this week.

Shipping of products:

Due to bring the Data Center online on Thursday and Friday we did not ship any products.  We will continue shipping starting on Monday the 7th.

Can you let us know when the AC will be running? Early or late next week? Also, when will you finish up the verification of shares so we can start trading? Thanks.

The AC should be running late next week, they are waiting on parts.  I will start working on the verification program on Monday, moving it up to the server and testing it out.

How is the verification program working?
BitSwe

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:59:48 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the prospector was mentioned in "SovereignBTC" podcast episode #10. About 7-8 minutes in the podcast.
Nothing special though, just a short mention.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

re: Prospector - Almost 40 sold now. 40x2k = 80k. Let's hope some of these buyers start leaving positive feedback and we get a decent reputation built up.
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:28:37 PM

Ken,

I want to say thank you for what you have accomplished this past month. I can't imagine how difficult it has been competing in this space in the past year. I hope that as things continue to scale up, you will continue to modestly hire when help is needed. We've got mining, manufacturing, development, and sales/customer relations. That's a lot going on, employees should not be placed into the position where focusing on one aspect of the company causes another aspect to be neglected. I know you have hired new employees in the past few months, and it has helped tremendously. Hire knowledgeable people that have leadership traits and new skills that bring value to the team. Hire them on contract if you don't think you will need them long-term. As people get more experienced, hopefully they will be able to predict potential issues and plan around them, as time is very valuable in the bitcoin world. I know that it is a learning process and things will go more smoothly with more exposure. If ACTM is to be successful, it will need a small army behind it (besides all of us crazy shareholders).

I am also curious, as are the other shareholders, as to the status of the custom 28 nm chip. Looking solely at the history of the company, I would place a bet on this not precipitating to anything. However, I know that there are many challenges to the development of these chips, and a lot of these challenges cannot really be learned until you're ankle deep into the process. The bitcoin network and mining competition has increased incredibly, so I don't blame you for cancelling projects that wouldn't have been profitable. I hope that as a result of the previous failed/cancelled projects that you and others involved have gotten past the learning curve and are able to actually make a chip. I hope that there are employees working on this non-stop, as time is very valuable in this development. I hope that the employees involved have enough foresight to predict potential delays ahead of time, and plan around them. Is there any information that you can give us on the development of this chip, or are we supposed to just believe? How is our cash supply, do we have the funds to complete this development in an efficient manner?

Next up, Intellihash. Is there active development being done on intellihash? If there isn't active development, why not? Manage your human resources so that this can be developed, if it is something that you still believe can bring value to the company.

I hope that you have development focused in all aspects of the company congruently, and that human resources don't have to be shuffled around causing more delays and unsuccessful projects.

Thanks,
4ju5tice

Hi.
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:40:09 PM

I found this while reading a BFL thread and wanted to share some thoughts.

So do you actually need a motherboard or host computer for this thing to work?

If so, that seems retarded.

Yes. Well considering you could put 6 of these together (assuming spacing with risers and your mobo supports) that's pretty nice. It allows you to scale well as well. But since these are never shipping, it doesn't matter Tongue

VMC is doing something like that as well. but you have to buy the board to hold the cards from them i believe.

http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=26&controller=product

I feel like it may be a good idea to clean up the site so people don't get drawn away from the available product. I would think all attention should be funneled to a product that is in stock and will build a reputation for VMC. A shopper may find it cumbersome to sort through the pre-order products to find something tangible to hold and judge VMC with.

Maybe I've lagged behind in terms of understanding where the company stands but there are still mentions of work with eASIC on the front page as well as the silver, gold, and platinum editions. I believe if I were a new, prospective buyer I would have a better time navigating if the home page had the prospector plastered in the center, alone. Further navigating through drop down menus, a newcomer would then be able to see future products that will/may be released (I don't really know what on the site is going to materialize and what isn't).

Having said this I think this falls behind A/C, refunds, and shipping products in terms of priorities.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Yes. Well considering you could put 6 of these together (assuming spacing with risers and your mobo supports) that's pretty nice. It allows you to scale well as well. But since these are never shipping, it doesn't matter Tongue

VMC is doing something like that as well. but you have to buy the board to hold the cards from them i believe.

I feel like it may be a good idea to clean up the site so people don't get drawn away from the available product. I would think all attention should be funneled to a product that is in stock and will build a reputation for VMC. A shopper may find it cumbersome to sort through the pre-order products to find something tangible to hold and judge VMC with.

Maybe I've lagged behind in terms of understanding where the company stands but there are still mentions of work with eASIC on the front page as well as the silver, gold, and platinum editions. I believe if I were a new, prospective buyer I would have a better time navigating if the home page had the prospector plastered in the center, alone. Further navigating through drop down menus, a newcomer would then be able to see future products that will/may be released (I don't really know what on the site is going to materialize and what isn't).

Having said this I think this falls behind A/C, refunds, and shipping products in terms of priorities.

We are no longer involved with eASIC, those projects have been cancelled. There is a minimal amount of information about a custom 28nm chip currently being developed. I do agree that we should streamline the website to focus towards our current products, maybe have a link to the others showing 'future products'.

Hi.
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 01:17:51 AM

Getting ready to clean up the site.  Just getting some of the logistics out of the way as far as shipping and customs, before we launch our advertising.
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 01:22:33 AM

What are our plans for bringing more miners online if we can't sell our stock.. We can't let this stock sit idle as I am sure you know it will be worth 30% less than what it is now in about 10 days. We need to be a mining company first that sells off our excess hardware or selling it at a price that it makes more sense to sell it then use it.. If it is more profitable to mine, then we should be mining with our hardware. Also, it might be a good idea to have a second date center for redundancy. Us sitting and waiting for a data center for 1 week makes our products 15% less profitable. People would kill to not lose 15% of their money in the stock market per week.

Yes, I understand all of these dynamics.  We have a plan in place and we are executing the plan. Just waiting on the air conditioning to be fixed, so we can bring more machines on line.  The machines are just sitting there ready to be turned on.  We are also in the process of an more electric, so we can increase the hash rate even more.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:33:12 AM

Hey Ken hows the progress on shares and our own ASIC?

cheers. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: