Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:40:06 PM

Now to be a devil's advocate.   I'm considering doing some day trading at bter to build up some points, and start doing a daily vote push for dnotes.  

More exchanges means more likely the coin and it's value can be gamed by people who think crypto coins are nothing but imaginary stocks, but also opens up the coin to new users that might result in a larger user base, which helps stability.   Still debating it internally, so if anyone has thoughts on it, I would appreciate it.

Be very careful with Bter. They are shady at best. See below for one example:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113238/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:43:18 PM

Now to be a devil's advocate.   I'm considering doing some day trading at bter to build up some points, and start doing a daily vote push for dnotes.  

More exchanges means more likely the coin and it's value can be gamed by people who think crypto coins are nothing but imaginary stocks, but also opens up the coin to new users that might result in a larger user base, which helps stability.   Still debating it internally, so if anyone has thoughts on it, I would appreciate it.

This is just my personal opinion:

I still suffer from a Mintpal voting hangover! Tongue 

I think we would achieve better stability and value by targeting new users that are outside of crypto, as they are hanging onto their DNotes as a long term investment.  Users within crypto that understand what it is that DNotes stands for, and believe in it, will find us.  In general, day traders show little allegiance, and will likely sell for the next quick profit.  It would be really nice to see the DNotesVault & CR.I.S.P. combo have a chance to work it's magic.  I know the big exchanges are coming, but it should only be when DNotes needs them.  That being said, with the length of time it takes to vote your way onto an exchange, it probably wouldn't hurt to start now for a spot there in a year.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:49:18 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113238/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin

That is an eye opening article!!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:15:04 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 02:42:36 AM by Dyna

Okay. Since this is only the 3rd day of the year, we can try some “what ifs”. I would even venture as far as sharing some of my “strategic visions” if you promise to be a good student and try to understand that “strategic visions” are not “strategic plans”. Let us stretch a little bit, and say the “strategic visions” are wishful thinking, to the extend, that if conditions are favorable it can quickly be converted into a strategic plan.

My strategic visions are that one day DNotes will be traded on every major exchange, including a DNotes dedicated exchange supported by our own banks, or partner banks offering a whole array of financial services. Deposits in DNotesVault will have a collateral value. Using the blockchain and smart contract, the bank/s can approve a line of credit to any DNotes stakeholders, anywhere instantaneously without a “loan officer” as we know it today. A prepaid multi-currency debit card can also be issued  at the same time in the same manner. By then, DNotes stakeholders may be prepared enough to have a blank debit card with zero balance on hand before applying (signing up) for a line of credit to load it up. Well are you a little more convinced that you should start saving your DNotes using DNotesVault?

Yes, DNotes is (will be) better than fiat currency, if politicians can finally understand the potential power of the currency and the blockchain technology. It is safer, more transparent, more traceable, more accountable and can be as stable as fiat currency, regulations permitting. In fact, unlike our current banking system heavily dependent on the leverage of fractional reserve lending, using DNotes to provide a line of credit is extremely conservative and secure.

Here is how it works. You have 100,000 on deposit at DNotesVault. Since it may be years from now, let’s assume that each DNotes = $1 for easy calculation. The “bank” has a loan to asset ratio of 2:5, meaning that if you need a $2,000 line of credit for a 12 month, you send (or commit) 10,000 DNotes to be released at the end of 12 months, of which the needed amount will be sold instantly(end of 12 months) to pay off the $2,000 plus interest. The balance will be returned to your DNotesVault immediately. The debit card is also loaded with DNotes and managed through our global payment network inter-connected with other exchanges and payment networks. As long as you have DNotes or USD somewhere in our systems your buying power travels with you to anywhere in the world. It will be a one world system one day and that is not far out. DNotes has a healthy growth path ahead, a very essential component to support increasing value appreciation of the currency.

Go ahead, vote for DNotes everywhere. After the unfortunate experience with Mintpal/Moolah, it’s not likely that we will official subject our stakeholders to that kind of hard work. We appreciate the huge support our stakeholders had given us, winning by a huge margin. Kind of a sad story, but that’s life, never all sunshine.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:22:36 AM

This is just my personal opinion:

I still suffer from a Mintpal voting hangover! Tongue 

I think we would achieve better stability and value by targeting new users that are outside of crypto, as they are hanging onto their DNotes as a long term investment.  Users within crypto that understand what it is that DNotes stands for, and believe in it, will find us.  In general, day traders show little allegiance, and will likely sell for the next quick profit.  It would be really nice to see the DNotesVault & CR.I.S.P. combo have a chance to work it's magic.  I know the big exchanges are coming, but it should only be when DNotes needs them.  That being said, with the length of time it takes to vote your way onto an exchange, it probably wouldn't hurt to start now for a spot there in a year.  Smiley

Excellent points here Chase. Being listed on another exchange doesn't necessarily mean we will have more supporters, or more support.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:27:25 AM

That is an eye opening article!!!

Quite unfortunate, indeed. DNotes can grow a lot faster by involving more people and partnership. However, I am constantly being reminded that it is better to put in more hours and not take the change of bringing in the wrong people into our camp. Slow and steady is still the better way to go. I am blessed to have our team strongly committed to "trust and integrity" as our sign post. It may take a little longer, but it is better do the right things that we all can be proud of. The Mintpal/Moolah deal is still hurtful. It does not surprise me that we are still buying back some of the DNotes they stole from us.They has been a number of dumps the last couple of weeks. The fact that we are getting a lot of buying support at 3800 sat is a very good indicator.  
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:11:14 AM

I am always an attentive student. =p

What if's are good to play, because it resulted in interesting information.   Now to spend some cycles processing it and the implications.   ( don't worry, I do understand the difference between a vision and a plan, and prefer the guidance of the former over the rigidity of the later).  But initial reaction is pleased.

Besides, the voting via points is voting for free, I wouldn't endorse any attempt by anyone to pay to play, because I think the value is there that pay to play is unessecary.  Not trying to make this a community project, just was something for me to do if the concept itself wasn't something bothersome? I think is the proper word choice.   Not trying to make something like this happen in days or weeks, but a few months of votes should at least put us over copypasta coin v.9817
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:32:22 AM

What if's are good to play, because it resulted in interesting information.   Now to spend some cycles processing it and the implications.   ( don't worry, I do understand the difference between a vision and a plan, and prefer the guidance of the former over the rigidity of the later).  But initial reaction is pleased.

Besides, the voting via points is voting for free, I wouldn't endorse any attempt by anyone to pay to play, because I think the value is there that pay to play is unessecary.  Not trying to make this a community project, just was something for me to do if the concept itself wasn't something bothersome? I think is the proper word choice.   Not trying to make something like this happen in days or weeks, but a few months of votes should at least put us over copypasta coin v.9817

Great questions elrugrim. Provoked some interesting information and conversation for sure. Our forum and community could benefit from more of it. Cheesy

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:48:29 AM

Thanks, elrugrim. I will give you an "A" for being a very responsive student.

We don't like to project too far into the future on things that we are not actually working on or planned to in the near future. That is why I wanted to specifically qualified that. A lot of things are highly dependent of the regulatory environment.  Our industry is not helping with rampant bad behavior confusing a lot of our politicians who are not always that informed or objective to beginning with.

I would say that any efforts to promote awareness of DNotes is a good thing. There are always a lot of great investors who share our values who are customers of every exchange. We certainly appreciate your efforts and like to thank you for your support.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:44:17 AM

We don't like to project too far into the future on things that we are not actually working on or planned to in the near future. That is why I wanted to specifically qualified that. A lot of things are highly dependent of the regulatory environment.  Our industry is not helping with rampant bad behavior confusing a lot of our politicians who are not always that informed or objective to beginning with.

I would say that any efforts to promote awareness of DNotes is a good thing. There are always a lot of great investors who share our values who are customers of every exchange. We certainly appreciate your efforts and like to thank you for your support.

I think that everything that has gone on in the last year has left me with serious trust issues.  Not all day traders are self serving (otherwise I would have to call myself self serving).  Not all exchanges are going to turn into Mintpals.  If I really stop to think about it, the number of dishonest people (pump and dump, scam, etc.) is probably really small, it's just that they make the most noise, and illicit the biggest reactions.

Maybe my new years motto should be "Innocent until proven guilty". Wink 

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:12:06 AM

I think that everything that has gone on in the last year has left me with serious trust issues.  Not all day traders are self serving (otherwise I would have to call myself self serving).  Not all exchanges are going to turn into Mintpals.  If I really stop to think about it, the number of dishonest people (pump and dump, scam, etc.) is probably really small, it's just that they make the most noise, and illicit the biggest reactions.

Chase, you are absolutely correct. The number of bad actors are most likely limited to a fairly small group. It is reasonable to give people the benefits of the doubt and regard them as "Innocent until proven guilty". We will continue to preach the positive message and be helpful when we can.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:34:54 AM

The Dogecoin network hashrate just surpassed Litecoin's, any thoughts on this?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:52:16 AM

Chase, you are absolutely correct. The number of bad actors are most likely limited to a fairly small group. It is reasonable to give people the benefits of the doubt and regard them as "Innocent until proven guilty". We will continue to preach the positive message and be helpful when we can.

After the PAYCOIN debacle in the last few days we can clearly understand the trading floors are rigged with a big pump and dump mafia behind it. DNOTES trading volumes are under the radar at the moment but if volume rises we will need to keep a look out for pump and dump groups not to try to manipulate the coin. I love the vault and locking my DNOTES in there so we just need to get the word out to mainly savers and long term investors and also have our own site where regular folks can also buy DNOTES, like was mentioned, our own exchange.
Just sent another 2k plus for our nest egg to the Vault.. trying to get to 100k by end of April.. Cheesy

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DsoldD

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:15:43 PM

I have just recently started collecting Dnotes with the intention of keeping them long term. It's only been a couple of months since I started to stockpile note. I find the idea of encouraging people to see their Dnotes as a long term investment interesting. It seems to me that other cryptocurrencies have less direction and a lot of people are just trying to cash in which is increasing their volatility. I see the recent drop in Bitcoin value as one indication of that. But I have become concerned that the developers are relying too heavily on the community. By that I mean that the more Dnotes are held by long term investors the more stable they appear to be, but there is still potentially the risk of people dumping their coins when the value increases sufficiently.

I don't mean to sound skeptical, I was just wondering what other firm plans do the devs have to get Dnotes into the mainstream as a useable currency that can allow for everyday transactions through online stores/vendors/other payment systems? I think that being able to use Dnotes in the same way as current payment methods for transferring fiat currency is going to be a very important part of building a platform that people can trust.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:38:22 PM

Wishing the DNotes Team and Coin a fantastic 2015.

Keep up the good work guys!

BTW I have registered for the Vault... Good job!  Smiley Wink Cheesy
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:01:44 PM

I have just recently started collecting Dnotes with the intention of keeping them long term. It's only been a couple of months since I started to stockpile note. I find the idea of encouraging people to see their Dnotes as a long term investment interesting. It seems to me that other cryptocurrencies have less direction and a lot of people are just trying to cash in which is increasing their volatility. I see the recent drop in Bitcoin value as one indication of that. But I have become concerned that the developers are relying too heavily on the community. By that I mean that the more Dnotes are held by long term investors the more stable they appear to be, but there is still potentially the risk of people dumping their coins when the value increases sufficiently.

I don't mean to sound skeptical, I was just wondering what other firm plans do the devs have to get Dnotes into the mainstream as a useable currency that can allow for everyday transactions through online stores/vendors/other payment systems? I think that being able to use Dnotes in the same way as current payment methods for transferring fiat currency is going to be a very important part of building a platform that people can trust.

Hi DsoldD,

It's nice to hear from you.  This is an excerpt of a conversation from Dec. 21, which may help a bit:

posted by minerpage:
Still, every long term coin strategy needs an economic model to survive the initial excitement. I've seen many coins do well until the highly anticipated spike and the following selloff... at which point the coin is practically dead in the water... speculation can be good to get a market position, but needs to be sustained with economic activities (buying and selling goods with the coin) so I would think a payment gateway is pretty essential early in the game... the sooner the better... am looking for that model with this coin  Smiley

posted by keemo:
Agreed about the need for an economic model. However, prior to that a largely, diversified critical mass of owners is needed. The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly. This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse. Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.

posted by Dyna:
This is an exceptional post, demonstrating a high level of understanding of DNotes core objectives and strategic directions. Bingo “diversified critical mass of owners is needed” Why is this important? ….. “The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly.”

Yes, this is a key component of our stability model. …… “This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding a number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse.” Our good whales are somewhat like first responders acting as defensive linemen to prevent a collapse as well to minimize unsustainable upward spikes. However, it is the collective action of the large majority of our stakeholders that keep DNotes price stable. Through consistent and clear messaging majority of DNotes stakeholders are net buyers, starting with a small stash and adding to it for the long term. Our family of CR.I.S.Ps. will take this to next level, making DNotes even more stable.

“Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.” Well said. No further comments needed.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:04:37 PM

The Dogecoin network hashrate just surpassed Litecoin's, any thoughts on this?

That is interesting, in terms of value, the numbers don't exactly add up. That would mean a lot of miners are mining Doge at a much lower profit margin. What do you think?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:09:09 PM

After the PAYCOIN debacle in the last few days we can clearly understand the trading floors are rigged with a big pump and dump mafia behind it. DNOTES trading volumes are under the radar at the moment but if volume rises we will need to keep a look out for pump and dump groups not to try to manipulate the coin. I love the vault and locking my DNOTES in there so we just need to get the word out to mainly savers and long term investors and also have our own site where regular folks can also buy DNOTES, like was mentioned, our own exchange.
Just sent another 2k plus for our nest egg to the Vault.. trying to get to 100k by end of April.. Cheesy

Thank you qiwoman. Being able to purchase DNotes without much hassle will definitely be helpful to the DNotes community and potential new investors and a topic that is pretty high on our radar. However, it could take some time as it needs to be done right and following all the rules and regulations. Good luck reaching your 100k goal Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:13:38 PM

Hi DsoldD,

It's nice to hear from you.  This is an excerpt of a conversation from Dec. 21, which may help a bit:

posted by minerpage:
Still, every long term coin strategy needs an economic model to survive the initial excitement. I've seen many coins do well until the highly anticipated spike and the following selloff... at which point the coin is practically dead in the water... speculation can be good to get a market position, but needs to be sustained with economic activities (buying and selling goods with the coin) so I would think a payment gateway is pretty essential early in the game... the sooner the better... am looking for that model with this coin  Smiley

posted by keemo:
Agreed about the need for an economic model. However, prior to that a largely, diversified critical mass of owners is needed. The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly. This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse. Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.

posted by Dyna:
This is an exceptional post, demonstrating a high level of understanding of DNotes core objectives and strategic directions. Bingo “diversified critical mass of owners is needed” Why is this important? ….. “The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly.”

Yes, this is a key component of our stability model. …… “This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding a number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse.” Our good whales are somewhat like first responders acting as defensive linemen to prevent a collapse as well to minimize unsustainable upward spikes. However, it is the collective action of the large majority of our stakeholders that keep DNotes price stable. Through consistent and clear messaging majority of DNotes stakeholders are net buyers, starting with a small stash and adding to it for the long term. Our family of CR.I.S.Ps. will take this to next level, making DNotes even more stable.

“Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.” Well said. No further comments needed.

Welcome DsoldD and thank you for joining us on the forum. Don't worry, it is a legitimate question and Chase has provided a nice snippet to help answer your question. I know Dyna is very busy and working on multiple projects, but I know he can explain our plans best, I will mention it to him when he has time.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:15:08 PM

Wishing the DNotes Team and Coin a fantastic 2015.

Keep up the good work guys!

BTW I have registered for the Vault... Good job!  Smiley Wink Cheesy

Thank you coin@coin, it is very nice to see you on the forum again. Appreciate the support and all the help you have provided to the DNotes community!

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: