Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814492 times)
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:28:10 PM

Question for the miners.

What kind of rigs are you using to mine? What software? Fulltime, Parttime?

I am using a pair of Nvidia GTX 750 TI's with the latest Cudaminer.  Kinda smalltime, They are in my main computer which is mining whenever I'm not actively using it.  The cards give a nice hashrate to power used. each card averaged about 295 kh/s and draws about 65 Watts under load each. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcuslong
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:19:30 PM

Has anyone had any experience with gawminer?  Would you recommend them?  Or does anyone have a asic vender they have dealt with and would recommend?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:27:14 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 01:52:41 PM by Dyna

The price of Bitcoin has dropped below US$500 again. Has anyone heard of any good reasons causing the current fall?

Followings are what I came across:

Bitcoin Price Falls Below $500 as US Watchdog's Warnings Hurt Investor Morale
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-price-falls-below-500-us-watchdogs-warnings-hurt-investor-morale-1461090

The Bitcoin price continues the downward trend with hitting an all time ... that may be triggering this price drop is the sale of Ethereum's bitcoins.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitcoin-price-crumbling/2014/08/13

Hope that is helpful.

All things considered, the price of DNotes has been holding up well at around 930 sats. The volume has dropped significantly. That is not a bad thing. To start trading at a lower entry point on Mintpal is favorable. Since DNotes is likely to get the attention of some new investors, a lower entry point with a higher uptrend potential is positive.  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Has anyone had any experience with gawminer?  Would you recommend them?  Or does anyone have a asic vender they have dealt with and would recommend?

Sorry, I don't know anyone who has used them. I do know a few people who have used and had a good experience with zoomhash.com. It does look like gaw has some better prices at the moment though. They also appear to have a thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529093.0

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:45:04 PM

Question for the miners.

What kind of rigs are you using to mine? What software? Fulltime, Parttime?

I am using a pair of Nvidia GTX 750 TI's with the latest Cudaminer.  Kinda smalltime, They are in my main computer which is mining whenever I'm not actively using it.  The cards give a nice hashrate to power used. each card averaged about 295 kh/s and draws about 65 Watts under load each. 

Using 6 GSD 80 chip 5.2 MH/s Blades approx 30 MH/s total on Win Box with core i7 and 32 G RAM. Running cgminer v 3.7.2

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:06:46 PM

The price of Bitcoin has dropped below US$500 again. Has anyone heard of any good reasons causing the current fall?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-price-falls-below-500-us-watchdogs-warnings-hurt-investor-morale-1461090

The Bitcoin price continues the downward trend with hitting an all time ... that may be triggering this price drop is the sale of Ethereum's bitcoins.

Hope that is helpful.

All things considered, the price of DNotes has been holding up well at around 930 sats. The volume has dropped significantly. That is not a bad thing. To start trading at a lower entry point on Mintpal is favorable. Since DNotes is likely to get the attention of some new investors, a lower entry point with a higher uptrend potential is positive.  

This looks like it might be the culprit or at least partially to blame:

http://www.coindesk.com/margin-trading-crash-price-bitcoin/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

Hope that is helpful.

This looks like it might be the culprit or at least partially to blame:

http://www.coindesk.com/margin-trading-crash-price-bitcoin/

Very possible. Margin trading is extremely risky in a highly volatile market. Another possible contributor to the price decline is that Bter Exchange was recently hacked. 50 million NXT coins were stolen.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/official-nxt-decision-blockchain-rollback/2014/08/15
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

in poloniex 226.000 extra coins added to sell and about 0.5 losse in buy orders.

bitcoin fall price maybe cose august people want money for holydays and the other news comented
srbty

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:04:28 PM

CryptoRush exchange does not support DNoteCoin as is writen on the OP ?
mem_co

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:24:26 PM

What makes you doubt it, and how long have you been using DNotes?

I wonder about the purchase. Any tips to  convince me?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 10:44:19 PM by DNotes

CryptoRush is in beta of launching it's new platform. We assume DNotes will be listed as it was before, however we have no official statement from the new management team. Added a note to OP link to prevent confusion.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:24:26 PM

"Here's our awesome announcement of the week. FIAT markets are coming to @MintPalExchange - launch support for ACH, Interac and SEPA."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:51:05 PM

"Here's our awesome announcement of the week. FIAT markets are coming to @MintPalExchange - launch support for ACH, Interac and SEPA."

That is excellent news. They have a chance to come back strong. I expect them to give DNotes great support and respect. We will do the same. They seem to be a group of professionals. Exchanges are becoming very competitive these days. The number of viable crypto currencies will drop drastically before long. I trust they have the good judgement in picking winners like DNotes.
srbty

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:29:09 PM

CryptoRush is in beta of launching it's new platform. We assume DNotes will be listed as it was before, however we have no official statement from the new management team. Added a note to OP link to prevent confusion.

I saw that. Thanks.
Micrux

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:15:08 AM

I use Gaw Miners... While my post count here is low, I have a feeling User: DNotes on here can vouch for me in regards to me only speaking the truth in  regards to my experiences...  Not that they know what I've gone through with them, but we've had business dealings in the past, and they've come to know to expect that from me.  At least I hope that's what they've come to expect from me...

Anyway..  (Skip to the bottom for the TLDR version... I tend to ramble, hence why I have a low post count)

My initial dealings with GAW was great..  It was right when the Gridseeds 5 chips came out and they were a vendor on Amazon. I purchased a few and had no problems whatsoever.  Easy ordering, fast shipping, and all was well with the world.

Then I bought a Week 4 pre-order War Machine...  That's when things went downhill. Initially their payment processing system wouldn't recognize my address or bank or something for the last bits of my payment... So while I had already paid 94% of the total cost of the device, the last 6% I opted to put on a credit card which "Wouldn't be a problem" per their support staff...  nothing could be further from the truth on that end...   

Long story short on that matter (too late)

Finally a money wire was sent that took 4 days to show up in their account... Not really their fault on that end, but it did in turn delay shipping by a week...  Meanwhile the price of the unit I purchased dropped during that weeks time.

Fast forward about a month later,  Gaw stepped up and reimbursed me for lost mining time.  (Delay in shipping etc)  Perfect... I'm happy again...  I've got my rig... I'm hashing away.

Then I watch the price drop like a brick on the unit I purchased....  As of the time of this writing, it is 20% of the total I paid for it...  I'm still paying it off.... In fact I could buy 3 of them at current price, for what I still owe on my one.

But that's not the worst part...  They opt to change their website..  They do the unveiling, and ta-dah...   New look, back end, all is well..  Except my War Machine..   Wiring for one of the power connector inside the unit shorted and burnt, causing the front fans to not work, and I'm getting nothing but hardware errors.  Not good.

Go to process RMA..   RMA system is not live yet on the new website. Should be up in 48 hours per support.
Wait a day or two.  Still nothing..
Reach out to support again.  "It's going up later today."
It doesn't.
Call support following day. Get their best support agent.. (Amanda)
She gets me an RMA number and prepaid shipping label in 15 minutes, by avoiding the RMA section of the site and actually talking to the RMA folks. 

RMA approved.. Still waiting on return of equipment... Results of this remain to be seen.  I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday to contact support again to find out whats going on.  (They've only had it in hand 3 days at this point.. so it's not like they are taking an inappropriate amount of time for turn around)

So now were at the:
TLDR version

Gaw Miners is a company that grew up fast. Really fast. As such, they are experiencing growing pains faster than they were able to react to them.  Honestly I don't think Josh (The CEO) had realized how fast things were going to take off. C'mon  $10 million in sales within the first 30 days of business...  That's one for the record books.

While the company itself is not 100% to blame for the rapidly dropping price in hardware, some delays in shipping, and such, they do their best to make things right for the customers..  That is the true strength of the company.   They have some innovations, especially with today's launch of "Project Prime", but where GAW Miners shines is not with the hardware they bring to the table, or competitive pricing, it's the willingness, and dedication to a positive customer experience that makes GAW miners stand out.

I will continue to do business with GAW in the future.. I just need to pay off my current rig before I add anything more to the mix.

So if you are planning on making a purchase over there... Here's a link  (Full disclosure) I get referral perks if you click through and order here...
http://gawminers.go2cloud.org/SH3a

And here are all the current active coupon codes for GawMiners.com

WELCOMETOGAW - $10 off orders over $150

GAW25 - $25 off orders over $200

GAW3FOR3000 - 3% off orders over $3000

GAW4FOR4000 - 4% off orders over $4000

GAW5FOR5000 - 5% off orders over $5000 
marcuslong
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:28:54 AM

Thank you for your post.  The fact that you've had problems but will continue to do business with them is waht finally sold me on it, I am going to pick up a couple Gridseed 5 chippers later this week and I will use your link when I do.  Thanks again.

I use Gaw Miners... While my post count here is low, I have a feeling User: DNotes on here can vouch for me in regards to me only speaking the truth in  regards to my experiences...  Not that they know what I've gone through with them, but we've had business dealings in the past, and they've come to know to expect that from me.  At least I hope that's what they've come to expect from me...

Anyway..  (Skip to the bottom for the TLDR version... I tend to ramble, hence why I have a low post count)

My initial dealings with GAW was great..  It was right when the Gridseeds 5 chips came out and they were a vendor on Amazon. I purchased a few and had no problems whatsoever.  Easy ordering, fast shipping, and all was well with the world.

Then I bought a Week 4 pre-order War Machine...  That's when things went downhill. Initially their payment processing system wouldn't recognize my address or bank or something for the last bits of my payment... So while I had already paid 94% of the total cost of the device, the last 6% I opted to put on a credit card which "Wouldn't be a problem" per their support staff...  nothing could be further from the truth on that end...   

Long story short on that matter (too late)

Finally a money wire was sent that took 4 days to show up in their account... Not really their fault on that end, but it did in turn delay shipping by a week...  Meanwhile the price of the unit I purchased dropped during that weeks time.

Fast forward about a month later,  Gaw stepped up and reimbursed me for lost mining time.  (Delay in shipping etc)  Perfect... I'm happy again...  I've got my rig... I'm hashing away.

Then I watch the price drop like a brick on the unit I purchased....  As of the time of this writing, it is 20% of the total I paid for it...  I'm still paying it off.... In fact I could buy 3 of them at current price, for what I still owe on my one.

But that's not the worst part...  They opt to change their website..  They do the unveiling, and ta-dah...   New look, back end, all is well..  Except my War Machine..   Wiring for one of the power connector inside the unit shorted and burnt, causing the front fans to not work, and I'm getting nothing but hardware errors.  Not good.

Go to process RMA..   RMA system is not live yet on the new website. Should be up in 48 hours per support.
Wait a day or two.  Still nothing..
Reach out to support again.  "It's going up later today."
It doesn't.
Call support following day. Get their best support agent.. (Amanda)
She gets me an RMA number and prepaid shipping label in 15 minutes, by avoiding the RMA section of the site and actually talking to the RMA folks. 

RMA approved.. Still waiting on return of equipment... Results of this remain to be seen.  I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday to contact support again to find out whats going on.  (They've only had it in hand 3 days at this point.. so it's not like they are taking an inappropriate amount of time for turn around)

So now were at the:
TLDR version

Gaw Miners is a company that grew up fast. Really fast. As such, they are experiencing growing pains faster than they were able to react to them.  Honestly I don't think Josh (The CEO) had realized how fast things were going to take off. C'mon  $10 million in sales within the first 30 days of business...  That's one for the record books.

While the company itself is not 100% to blame for the rapidly dropping price in hardware, some delays in shipping, and such, they do their best to make things right for the customers..  That is the true strength of the company.   They have some innovations, especially with today's launch of "Project Prime", but where GAW Miners shines is not with the hardware they bring to the table, or competitive pricing, it's the willingness, and dedication to a positive customer experience that makes GAW miners stand out.

I will continue to do business with GAW in the future.. I just need to pay off my current rig before I add anything more to the mix.

So if you are planning on making a purchase over there... Here's a link  (Full disclosure) I get referral perks if you click through and order here...
http://gawminers.go2cloud.org/SH3a

And here are all the current active coupon codes for GawMiners.com

WELCOMETOGAW - $10 off orders over $150

GAW25 - $25 off orders over $200

GAW3FOR3000 - 3% off orders over $3000

GAW4FOR4000 - 4% off orders over $4000

GAW5FOR5000 - 5% off orders over $5000 

Micrux

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:24:58 AM

Thank you for your post.  The fact that you've had problems but will continue to do business with them is waht finally sold me on it, I am going to pick up a couple Gridseed 5 chippers later this week and I will use your link when I do.  Thanks again.

Thank you.. and a word of caution..  If you have the option on your purchase, choose for delivery..  NOT hosted...  Their hosted miners are limited to mining certain pools and do not give you the coins directly, they covert them to BTC....  You can have hosted miners shipped to you after 30 days.. But that just delays delivery of product.. 

Mike - aka Micrux
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:41:05 AM

Hi everyone. DNotes is holding above 900 sats. That is a good thing. There is no noticeable sign of any pump or dump, not that I am expecting any.

With our continued commanding lead, we expect Mintpal to announce DNotes as the next winner to be listed on their exchange tomorrow afternoon (CST) 8-18-14.

We will support this new market to the best we can. Most likely it will be a slow start with a gradual ramp up. That will be another solid indicator that DNotes is not a P&D coin. We are here for the long term.

As always, thank you for your great efforts. It's another milestone we all can be proud of.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:45:24 AM

Thank you.. and a word of caution..  If you have the option on your purchase, choose for delivery..  NOT hosted...  Their hosted miners are limited to mining certain pools and do not give you the coins directly, they covert them to BTC....  You can have hosted miners shipped to you after 30 days.. But that just delays delivery of product.. 

Mike - aka Micrux

Thanks, for your word of caution, Mike. Any help given to our community is well appreciated.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:49:12 AM

[sic] "This selling is related to big businesses that accept the digital currency (Dish Network, Dell, Overstock etc.) immediately exchanging payments for physical, government-backed currency. Efforts to automate trading have also lead to the utilization of specialized bots that react to these sell-offs by dumping further stock, driving the currency’s price further down."

Not sure if anybody mentioned the above as a contributory factor in declining btc price.

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: