Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 11:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814514 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:16:40 PM

DNotesVault withdrawals have been processed successfully.

DsoldD

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:06:40 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been lurking the forum for a while but I hadn't seen the posts Chase quoted and I appreciate that my question wasn't taken the wrong way Smiley I think the team behind Dnotes are doing things differently (in a good way). The concerns I mentioned above are based on the observations I have made in the short time that I have been dabbling with cryptocurrencies and the reason I became interested in the first place. At first I saw crypto as a flash in the pan. A way of capitalizing on a sector that wasn't flooded by mainstream investors yet. But the vision of the Dnotes team struck me as different so I decided to get on board. I hope you guys get to realize your vision. The future of decentralized currency which will lead to freedom from the stranglehold of traditional financial institutions is in the hands of people with the foresight required to implement groundbreaking ideas.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:21:43 PM

The Dogecoin network hashrate just surpassed Litecoin's, any thoughts on this?

That is interesting, in terms of value, the numbers don't exactly add up. That would mean a lot of miners are mining Doge at a much lower profit margin. What do you think?

It's a very bold move, that clearly shows doubt in the top ranked Scrypt coin. The DOGE/LTC merged mining seemed to spur the transition, but there isn't enough conclusive evidence to say it was the only reason. I've been watching other coins that have recently opted for merged mining, one saw a 50x increase in network hashrate, which had zero effect on the price.

One conclusion that can be drawn from this, is that the market is in a time of uncertainty and miners are desperately looking for stability. These times of confusion could be a good opportunity for us to take a large market share, and restore some civility to our industry.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:32:41 PM

The bright side to the BTC value crash is that in a day or so, I can buy another btc or so, and pick up some cheapy dnotes (in terms of a USD valuation).
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:04:44 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been lurking the forum for a while but I hadn't seen the posts Chase quoted and I appreciate that my question wasn't taken the wrong way Smiley I think the team behind Dnotes are doing things differently (in a good way). The concerns I mentioned above are based on the observations I have made in the short time that I have been dabbling with cryptocurrencies and the reason I became interested in the first place. At first I saw crypto as a flash in the pan. A way of capitalizing on a sector that wasn't flooded by mainstream investors yet. But the vision of the Dnotes team struck me as different so I decided to get on board. I hope you guys get to realize your vision. The future of decentralized currency which will lead to freedom from the stranglehold of traditional financial institutions is in the hands of people with the foresight required to implement groundbreaking ideas.

Glad to have you DsoldD and thank you for the kind words.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:08:53 PM

That is interesting, in terms of value, the numbers don't exactly add up. That would mean a lot of miners are mining Doge at a much lower profit margin. What do you think?

It's a very bold move, that clearly shows doubt in the top ranked Scrypt coin. The DOGE/LTC merged mining seemed to spur the transition, but there isn't enough conclusive evidence to say it was the only reason. I've been watching other coins that have recently opted for merged mining, one saw a 50x increase in network hashrate, which had zero effect on the price.

One conclusion that can be drawn from this, is that the market is in a time of uncertainty and miners are desperately looking for stability. These times of confusion could be a good opportunity for us to take a large market share, and restore some civility to our industry.

Thanks for bringing this up, we definitely need to look into how it could impact DNotes and if it fits into the overall strategy.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:11:54 PM

The bright side to the BTC value crash is that in a day or so, I can buy another btc or so, and pick up some cheapy dnotes (in terms of a USD valuation).

Hovering around 260 per bitcoin, puts the DNotes price right around a penny. It will be interesting to see how long the bitcoin price will hold there.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:29:01 PM

I have just recently started collecting Dnotes with the intention of keeping them long term. It's only been a couple of months since I started to stockpile note. I find the idea of encouraging people to see their Dnotes as a long term investment interesting. It seems to me that other cryptocurrencies have less direction and a lot of people are just trying to cash in which is increasing their volatility. I see the recent drop in Bitcoin value as one indication of that. But I have become concerned that the developers are relying too heavily on the community. By that I mean that the more Dnotes are held by long term investors the more stable they appear to be, but there is still potentially the risk of people dumping their coins when the value increases sufficiently.

I don't mean to sound skeptical, I was just wondering what other firm plans do the devs have to get Dnotes into the mainstream as a useable currency that can allow for everyday transactions through online stores/vendors/other payment systems? I think that being able to use Dnotes in the same way as current payment methods for transferring fiat currency is going to be a very important part of building a platform that people can trust.

Hi DsoldD,

It's nice to hear from you.  This is an excerpt of a conversation from Dec. 21, which may help a bit:

posted by minerpage:
Still, every long term coin strategy needs an economic model to survive the initial excitement. I've seen many coins do well until the highly anticipated spike and the following selloff... at which point the coin is practically dead in the water... speculation can be good to get a market position, but needs to be sustained with economic activities (buying and selling goods with the coin) so I would think a payment gateway is pretty essential early in the game... the sooner the better... am looking for that model with this coin  Smiley

posted by keemo:
Agreed about the need for an economic model. However, prior to that a largely, diversified critical mass of owners is needed. The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly. This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse. Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.

posted by Dyna:
This is an exceptional post, demonstrating a high level of understanding of DNotes core objectives and strategic directions. Bingo “diversified critical mass of owners is needed” Why is this important? ….. “The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly.”

Yes, this is a key component of our stability model. …… “This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding a number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse.” Our good whales are somewhat like first responders acting as defensive linemen to prevent a collapse as well to minimize unsustainable upward spikes. However, it is the collective action of the large majority of our stakeholders that keep DNotes price stable. Through consistent and clear messaging majority of DNotes stakeholders are net buyers, starting with a small stash and adding to it for the long term. Our family of CR.I.S.Ps. will take this to next level, making DNotes even more stable.

“Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.” Well said. No further comments needed.

Welcome to DNotes DsoldD. I am working on a number of important projects and did not plan on making my daily post till the end of the day. However, recognizing that the points you raised are not just valid but of critical importance, I feel you deserve an earlier response.

DNotes is like a loaf of bread that is still in the making, typical of just about any business at the formative stage. When it is still in the form of bread dough, it doesn’t look like a loaf of bread or taste as good. DNotesVault, CryptoMoms, and our family of digital savings plans are somewhat like trying to invite interested parties to get together while the bread is being made and baked. In the mean time, it gives us the opportunity to enlighten them as to why our bread is unique and special, worthy of their consideration to be part of the DNotes family. This is almost the equivalent of building a customer base before launching a product.

Mass merchant adoption of DNotes is one of our most important strategic objectives. Essentially, there are two different approaches. Aggressively push as many merchants to sign up to accept DNotes worldwide, and promote the numbers aggressively and hope that everything else will fall in place. We believe that this is a faulty approach but it is significantly easier to execute, consequently, most common in our industry. In marketing this is known as the “push” approach.

DNotes will not pick the easiest route or the fastest way to get something done for the sake of pumping up the price of DNotes. It makes sense when we are committed for the long term. If we are not selling today or over the near term, the higher price than what it already is does not matter as much. What is most important to us is price stability and reliable long term appreciation. I am repeating “stability” and “appreciation” because they are among the most important components in mass merchant adoption of DNotes, and highly desirable for CR.I.S.Ps. to be successful.

DNotes is confident that it is more prudent and strategically sound to deploy the “pull approach” in marketing DNotes to merchant accounts.  This is much more difficult and time consuming. Under this approach you create the most favorable conditions and establish a relationship with your target, to the extend, that the product (DNotes) sells itself. Interesting, but how do we get the merchants to come to us, saying that they want to add DNotes as a form of payment for their products and services? We may already have the solutions waiting to be executed.

What if we happened to have an insider or a number of insiders who are DNotes stakeholders, possibly including the business owner? That is one of many reasons why the combination of DNotesVault and our family of CR.I.S.Ps may be the most powerful combinations in our pursuit of mass consumer and merchant adoption of DNotes. Wait, that alone will not be sufficient. Proven stability and reliable long term appreciation must be part of the package, but that will not happen without trust and integrity. We want our merchants not to immediately cash in their DNotes in fear of currency loss. Is that why the price of Bitcoin is on a free fall again? Perhaps a typical 40% increase from Christmas season revenue may have some thing to do with it.  

I can make it sounds real simple but it’s not that simple. Think of it as any your favorite competition where a panel of judges rate the contestants based on six categories. A perfect 10/10 in one or more but 6/10 or less in others is not likely for one to come home with a medal. This is a serious problem in our industry. There is a serious lacking in delivering a complete package with deeply informed and capable leadership.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:40:28 PM

That is one way of looking at the valuation.   The way I look at it is, if I buy a btc now, and get dnotes, odds (in my personal opinion only) are that next month, btc will be higher, and if I buy a btc then, I would end up with less dnotes for it.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:06:18 PM

I have expected this to happen for some time. Lets call it the "shake out" phase. I believe we are on the verge of separating the contenders from the pretenders. DNotes role in this? Steady as she goes I would say. After all, stability is what the rest lack. I don't think we need any flashy promotions or gimmicks to survive (thrive?) during this phase, just good old honesty and hard work.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mystiqu

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:10:27 PM

I see this is a great community and I don't want to tank the coin.  I have a large amount of coins I would like to sell.  I'm already at a loss.  Volume is way too low right now.  Anyone want to buy them privately?  Or anyone know how I can sell them off the exchange, as to not tank the price and to prevent me having an even greater loss?  Need the cash ASAP and the way crypto is looking with the losses across the board, I would like to sell soon before I lose everything.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:15:01 PM

I see this is a great community and I don't want to tank the coin.  I have a large amount of coins I would like to sell.  I'm already at a loss.  Volume is way too low right now.  Anyone want to buy them privately?  Or anyone know how I can sell them off the exchange, as to not tank the price and to prevent me having an even greater loss?  Need the cash ASAP and the way crypto is looking with the losses across the board, I would like to sell soon before I lose everything.

Are you talking about DNotes or other coins? If DNotes, how many do you want to sell?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mystiqu

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:21:16 PM

Dnotes.  I'm trying to get out of crypto with the way everything is tanking right now, and need the cash I do have left.
Is it okay for be to post the amount of coins I want to sell here?
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:24:46 PM

Now to be a devil's advocate.   I'm considering doing some day trading at bter to build up some points, and start doing a daily vote push for dnotes.  

More exchanges means more likely the coin and it's value can be gamed by people who think crypto coins are nothing but imaginary stocks, but also opens up the coin to new users that might result in a larger user base, which helps stability.   Still debating it internally, so if anyone has thoughts on it, I would appreciate it.

This is just my personal opinion:

I still suffer from a Mintpal voting hangover! Tongue 

I think we would achieve better stability and value by targeting new users that are outside of crypto, as they are hanging onto their DNotes as a long term investment.  Users within crypto that understand what it is that DNotes stands for, and believe in it, will find us.  In general, day traders show little allegiance, and will likely sell for the next quick profit.  It would be really nice to see the DNotesVault & CR.I.S.P. combo have a chance to work it's magic.  I know the big exchanges are coming, but it should only be when DNotes needs them.  That being said, with the length of time it takes to vote your way onto an exchange, it probably wouldn't hurt to start now for a spot there in a year.  Smiley

Excellent points here Chase. Being listed on another exchange doesn't necessarily mean we will have more supporters, or more support.

Agreed. I think that a key to Bitcoin or any alt currency is to make it user friendly and build services that attract non crypto users. All of us in the crypto world look at most of the alts to see if it's worth investing in long term or even short term to bet/risk to flip a profit. I think that the easier DNotes or any crypto can attract the general public they will build long term support. The good thing is that DNotes does appear to have long term plans to phase in things that could attract the general public.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:23:06 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 12:10:05 AM by Dyna

Dnotes.  I'm trying to get out of crypto with the way everything is tanking right now, and need the cash I do have left.

Our official recommendation is that all transactions be conducted through the exchange, due to the nature of our industry. Interested parties should communicate with you through PM if necessary to make special arrangement as needed.

We very much appreciate your concern that a large sell order will negatively affect our price, over the short term. There have already been an increased amount of selling and so far they have been absorbed with increased buying. We certainly appreciate your support and confidence expressed.

It is unfortunate, but we know that a lot of people have lost a significant amount of their investment. We wish you the very best and hope that every thing will work out for you soon.
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:32:32 AM

Are you talking about DNotes or other coins? If DNotes, how many do you want to sell?

Please be careful when trading outside of an exchange. You will get scammed.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:42:31 AM

Our official recommendation is that all transactions be conducted through the exchange, due to the nature of our industry. Interested parties should communicate with you through PM if necessary to make special arrangement as needed.

We very much appreciate your concern that a large sell order will negatively affect our price, over the short term. There have already been an increased amount of selling and so far they have been absorbed with increased buying. We certainly appreciate your support and confidence expressed.

It is unfortunate, but we know that a lot of people have lost a significant amount of their investment. We wish you the very best and hope that every thing will work out for you soon.

They also have a marketplace forum with members who will act as an escrow service.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199130.0

If you must sell them outside of an exchange, that is the appropriate place to list your offering.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:53:58 AM

Bitcoin makes top 5 list for technologies funded by Venture Capitalists in 2015.

"The Top 5 Technologies VCs Will Fund in 2015"

Jan 4, 2015 - Gavin McCulley for the National Edition

As we welcome the new year and get geared up for top trends at CES 2015, it’s interesting to take a look at the top 5 tech sectors and their rising stars. This is where top VCs will be looking to make big investments in 2015. If your startup fits into one of these categories, 2015 could be your year!

1.  “Now Time” Social Media – As social media and connective platforms continue to grow, those that share your “past” such as Twitter (thoughts) and Instagram (sights), will be augmented with platforms that share your “now”. Stream is an app that turns your smart phone into a live streaming video camera, and allows your followers to see what you see, as you see it. Services like Stre.am are heralding a new era of global human connection and VCs know there are fortunes to be made with companies pioneering this space.

2.  Bitcoin – Despite incredible odds, crypto-currency continues to gain traction as a viable electronic currency. This massively disruptive movement provides incredible opportunity for awesome players like BitStash, a recently funded startup that provides ultra-secure BitCoin wallets at an affordable price, which will help more people get comfortable using BitCoin. Early movers like BitStash have a unique position that make VCs take notice.

3.  3D Printing – The ability to create a prototype of anything you can imagine, in your home, is disrupting the world, and VCs know it. So it’s not surprising that companies like AstroPrint are making a big splash in the early-stage funding world. AstroPrint allows users to slice, store, and print 3D files from any web enabled device, like a smartphone. In addition, you can monitor your 3D printer and organize designs in the cloud. Products like AstroPrint are making 3D printing more mainstream, and that means more users, which means big opportunity, something every VC loves!

4.  The Internet of Things – Connected devices, especially the connected car, are changing the way we live, and startups like Zubie, which recently received several millions of dollars in venture capital, are at the forefront of this movement. Through a neatly-inserted device below your dashboard, Zubie instantly turns your ride into a smart car connected to the cloud and allows you to see everything from maintenance reports to driving habits. As our world becomes more connected, VCs are eager to find gems like Zubie.

5.  Data Acceleration – With the onslaught of the Internet of Things, there is a huge market need for more bandwidth, but it will take years for the required fiber optic upgrades. AccelerationSystems.com, a startup that just closed a seven-figure Angel round, offers a patented cloud based internet acceleration solution with a novel approach to solving the big data transfer problem, increasing transfer rates by almost 100X. Companies like AccelerationSystems.com will be obvious short-term acquisition targets by big data aggregators, making them particularly attractive to the VC community.

These 5 technology sectors are going to be on fire in 2015, and you can expect Venture Capitalists to fanning the flames!

http://tech.co/top-5-technologies-vcs-will-fund-2015-2015-01

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:00:50 AM

Despite the recent price slump, 2014 was still an awesome year for Bitcoin and other cryptos to creep into the mainstream. 2015 should be an interesting year! Great post Chase.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:29:52 AM

That's not up to me but, I would strongly suggest you sell them through an exchange, takes the danger out of it. Without a Smart Contract it's a dangerous thing to do. Best of luck to you...

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: