Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:10:29 PM

So, I won this round, lol! Thanks for the prompt attention. I like that. Check your net. You might have already caught a fish.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

Well, I'm certainly not a retirement planner but, It would, in my opinion, need to incorporate the following items:

1. Secure and guaranteed
2. A minimum initial deposit and low monthly or quarterly deposits after
3. Some form of interest. Not POS or anything like that right now but, a fund would need to be created to provide small monthly interest payment.
4. Marketing
5 Dedicated overseers
6.Small monthly management fee (you need to get something back for the fund and operators)
7. Down the road, when you start to consider POS or other methods of keeping the network healthy, a lot of this can be provided automatically.

I wouldn't look at this as a profit center but, DNotes in general will profit as the coin gains value through this exposure. Also #6 can be adjusted as the coins value increases. Make it a selling point, help increase awareness of DNotes and your monthly fees will go down.

As far as marketing it, no real difference from marketing DNotes itself except increase your presence in areas where young people congregate online and off. You already advertise to many areas, beef it up and make the fund your prime offering. Include the others as well but don't push the coin itself, push the usefulness of it.

And the big one; make sure it's within the scope of the law. I don't think this is a stumbling block right now but, get your ducks in a legal row for the coming years. As long as the matching funds are being held where they can be audited, that should be fine for now.  

It sounds like a lot of work but, you have already done the heavy lifting with existing products. And, think about this, it is an area NO ONE has even begun to move into except DNotes, why not own it?

Thanks RJF! That's a great start. I'm no expert on retirement savings plans either and as I have time I intend to check out many of the offerings from financial institutions and how we can offer some of the same services as well as improving on them.

There is no doubt in my mind that cryptocurrency is going to play a role in retirement savings in the near future and fairly big role in the long term.

Part of the package we are trying to create could include:
Tools
Technologies
Services
Interfaces

The possibilities are endless.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:26:16 PM

So, I won this round, lol! Thanks for the prompt attention. I like that. Check your net. You might have already caught a fish.

You're the man! Thanks!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:34:36 PM

You're the man! Thanks!

You are welcome.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:17:41 PM

You're the man! Thanks!

You are welcome.

Couldn't help thinking a bit more about this. Another thing that a digital retirement account should provide is a withdrawal limit. A range of percentages could be offered or the customer could set their own limit on how much they could take out per month. This would serve another function of providing an anchor for the coin as accounts multiply and values go up. It would take a lot of coins out of circulation (sitting on exchanges) and put them to work stabilizing the network. They would maintain value being "on deposit" I can see where it would help smooth out the constant price fluctuations sort of like a "heat sink" Settings could only be changed yearly except for verified hardship.

It could all be offered in packages like "Max Saver" "Mid Saver" etc with each having it's own range. Sounds like a lot of work but not as much as it appears. Once programmed, the code could be reused in many other offerings.

Just saying...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:18:42 PM

You're the man! Thanks!

You are welcome.

Couldn't help thinking a bit more about this. Another thing that a digital retirement account should provide is a withdrawal limit. A range of percentages could be offered or the customer could set their own limit on how much they could take out per month. This would serve another function of providing an anchor for the coin as accounts multiply and values go up. It would take a lot of coins out of circulation (sitting on exchanges) and put them to work stabilizing the network. They would maintain value being "on deposit" I can see where it would help smooth out the constant price fluctuations sort of like a "heat sink" Settings could only be changed yearly except for verified hardship.

It could all be offered in packages like "Max Saver" "Mid Saver" etc with each having it's own range. Sounds like a lot of work but not as much as it appears. Once programmed, the code could be reused in many other offerings.

Just saying...

Protect the future of your investment type of deal, sounds good. Breaking the contract could be a touchy subject, if someone got sick and needed to pull their DNotes out or something.

elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:46:35 AM

My thoughts on retirement accounts-

This one seems much trickier then an account for kids, because you have to take it in context and user expectations are different between the two.

For instance (I'm sharing my perspective, and only mine, so if someone else feels differently, feel free to share yours)

For a CRISP for kids account-  I am slowly stocking it up with dnotes, with the expectation that it basically is serving as a savings account, with the hopes of long term growth in the value of of DNotes, but, I also don't really expect to see any gains other then what I put into the account.

For a retirement account- My personal expectation is that an account has some intrinsic way of accruing value / volume in and off itself, independent of my own contributions to such a fund.    I don't know if DNotes (hell, honestly all of crypto) has the infrastructure in place to create this kind of tern around, and honestly, I don't see any method of creating such a return outside of having a CRISP retirement daytrader (which in turn, would likely be counter productive to coin health/crypto health at this point, because god knows the last thing we need is yet another large volume daytrader ((Counter point to myself, I would likely still try and take advantage of such a service myself)))

Rambling now, so will cut this short and try and recapture the thoughts that slipped the mortal coil far to soon.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:23:59 AM

This one seems much trickier then an account for kids, because you have to take it in context and user expectations are different between the two.

For instance (I'm sharing my perspective, and only mine, so if someone else feels differently, feel free to share yours)

For a CRISP for kids account-  I am slowly stocking it up with dnotes, with the expectation that it basically is serving as a savings account, with the hopes of long term growth in the value of of DNotes, but, I also don't really expect to see any gains other then what I put into the account.

For a retirement account- My personal expectation is that an account has some intrinsic way of accruing value / volume in and off itself, independent of my own contributions to such a fund.    I don't know if DNotes (hell, honestly all of crypto) has the infrastructure in place to create this kind of tern around, and honestly, I don't see any method of creating such a return outside of having a CRISP retirement daytrader (which in turn, would likely be counter productive to coin health/crypto health at this point, because god knows the last thing we need is yet another large volume daytrader ((Counter point to myself, I would likely still try and take advantage of such a service myself)))

Rambling now, so will cut this short and try and recapture the thoughts that slipped the mortal coil far to soon.

I agree the CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will be more complex than the one for kids, but it also going to be a flexible, first of it's kind, exciting investment vehicle.

There are several ways that a retirement account can grow including additional contributions, dividends, interest, or capital gains.  DNotes gives you the option of additional contributions and what most of us are counting on, the potential for huge capital gains.

An unstructured, self directed plan allows you to make as many contributions as you want, whenever you want.  This allows the most flexibility to accommodate people who want to make a large contribution now while prices are low, monthly contributions, or random contributions as their financial situation allows. 

This is going to be very exciting!!

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 02:06:35 AM

I agree the CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will be more complex than the one for kids, but it also going to be a flexible, first of it's kind, exciting investment vehicle.

There are several ways that a retirement account can grow including additional contributions, dividends, interest, or capital gains.  DNotes gives you the option of additional contributions and what most of us are counting on, the potential for huge capital gains.

An unstructured, self directed plan allows you to make as many contributions as you want, whenever you want.  This allows the most flexibility to accommodate people who want to make a large contribution now while prices are low, monthly contributions, or random contributions as their financial situation allows. 

Smiley Smiley

Great post elrugrim, that is a valid expectation we have to consider and overcome. Chase has explained it very well. Don't forget Dyna's post about adding your vault address to your signature Cheesy

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:36:56 AM

For a CRISP for kids account-  I am slowly stocking it up with dnotes, with the expectation that it basically is serving as a savings account, with the hopes of long term growth in the value of of DNotes, but, I also don't really expect to see any gains other then what I put into the account.

For a retirement account- My personal expectation is that an account has some intrinsic way of accruing value / volume in and off itself, independent of my own contributions to such a fund.    I don't know if DNotes (hell, honestly all of crypto) has the infrastructure in place to create this kind of tern around, and honestly, I don't see any method of creating such a return outside of having a CRISP retirement daytrader (which in turn, would likely be counter productive to coin health/crypto health at this point, because god knows the last thing we need is yet another large volume daytrader ((Counter point to myself, I would likely still try and take advantage of such a service myself)))

There are several ways that a retirement account can grow including additional contributions, dividends, interest, or capital gains.  DNotes gives you the option of additional contributions and what most of us are counting on, the potential for huge capital gains.

An unstructured, self directed plan allows you to make as many contributions as you want, whenever you want.  This allows the most flexibility to accommodate people who want to make a large contribution now while prices are low, monthly contributions, or random contributions as their financial situation allows.  

Smiley Smiley

Great post elrugrim, that is a valid expectation we have to consider and overcome. Chase has explained it very well. Don't forget Dyna's post about adding your vault address to your signature Cheesy

I was going to just have a quick peek and get back to other stuff I have been working on.
The challenge to respond is so tempting, I just can’t resist.

Let us start thinking what really matters most when it comes to long term investment at the time of distribution or withdrawal. It is the sum of the total savings adjusted for any capital gains or losses, in the case of DNotes. POS coins would argue that their coin is superior as a savings vehicle because it pays interest and the compound effect can be substantial over the long term. POS coins do have their merits but also comes with some challenges, especially in terms of stakeholder technical support, which also generates impressive page count. That may be a good thing. We believe what matters most is the total return on investment. From my personal experience with AsiaCoin and XCurrency the generous POS interest was of little help. I am no longer a stakeholder of either coin, and still recovering from my heavy losses.

DNotes business model is more like a real world business that believes in long term growth and capital appreciation verse a different business model that pays high dividends. In our case a solid growth path is vital. It has to growth from a solid base, building momentum, at a higher and higher rate of speed over time. This gives us the scale to dominate. Think of Walmart or Amazon at their formative stage, if it makes any sense. Other wise just be patience and wait.

Chase is exactly right. It is about the high potential long term capital gain. DNotes is designed to require near zero tech support, easy of use and reliable appreciation for the masses, hence an ideal savings vehicle for long term savings account. CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is expected to be very well received by small business owners whose retirement savings accounts are seriously under funded. Their employees are in even worse shape. So what is the buzz about our large family of CR.I.S.Ps. We can not even beginning to guess which one will be more popular. Is it CR,I,S.P. for Kids, Students, Employee Benefits, Retirement or Charity……………???  Your guess is as good as mine. I do know that they will be our drivers of healthy growth and our path to mass consumer and merchant adoption, in a world with a lot of stakeholders buying and selling to preserve and promote mutual interest and self benefits.

Get use to a new saying which I have been using for the last forty years. “We do things that others won’t, so that we can do things that others can’t. That makes it challenging for “me too” if that provides any comfort.

Sorry. RJF. I just burnt up my time. Keep up the great discussion. I will try to respond to your post tomorrow.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:16:10 AM

For a CRISP for kids account-  I am slowly stocking it up with dnotes, with the expectation that it basically is serving as a savings account, with the hopes of long term growth in the value of of DNotes, but, I also don't really expect to see any gains other then what I put into the account.

For a retirement account- My personal expectation is that an account has some intrinsic way of accruing value / volume in and off itself, independent of my own contributions to such a fund.    I don't know if DNotes (hell, honestly all of crypto) has the infrastructure in place to create this kind of tern around, and honestly, I don't see any method of creating such a return outside of having a CRISP retirement daytrader (which in turn, would likely be counter productive to coin health/crypto health at this point, because god knows the last thing we need is yet another large volume daytrader ((Counter point to myself, I would likely still try and take advantage of such a service myself)))

There are several ways that a retirement account can grow including additional contributions, dividends, interest, or capital gains.  DNotes gives you the option of additional contributions and what most of us are counting on, the potential for huge capital gains.

An unstructured, self directed plan allows you to make as many contributions as you want, whenever you want.  This allows the most flexibility to accommodate people who want to make a large contribution now while prices are low, monthly contributions, or random contributions as their financial situation allows.  

Smiley Smiley

I was going to just have a quick peek and get back to other stuff I have been working on.
The challenge to respond is so tempting, I just can’t resist.

Let us start thinking what really matters most when it comes to long term investment at the time of distribution or withdrawal. It is the sum of the total savings adjusted for any capital gains or losses, in the case of DNotes. POS coins would argue that their coin is superior as a savings vehicle because it pays interest and the compound effect can be substantial over the long term. POS coins do have their merits but also comes with some challenges, especially in terms of stakeholder technical support, which also generates impressive page count. That may be a good thing. We believe what matters most is the total return on investment. From my personal experience with AsiaCoin and XCurrency the generous POS interest was of little help. I am no longer a stakeholder of either coin, and still recovering from my heavy losses.

DNotes business model is more like a real world business that believes in long term growth and capital appreciation verse a different business model that pays high dividends. In our case a solid growth path is vital. It has to growth from a solid base, building momentum, at a higher and higher rate of speed over time. This gives us the scale to dominate. Think of Walmart or Amazon at their formative stage, if it makes any sense. Other wise just be patience and wait.

Chase is exactly right. It is about the high potential long term capital gain. DNotes is designed to require near zero tech support, easy of use and reliable appreciation for the masses, hence an ideal savings vehicle for long term savings account. CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is expected to be very well received by small business owners whose retirement savings accounts are seriously under funded. Their employees are in even worse shape. So what is the buzz about our large family of CR  .I.S.Ps. We can not even beginning to guess which one will be more popular. Is it CR,I,S.P. for Kids, Students, Employee Benefits, Retirement or Charity……………???  Your guess is as good as mine. I do know that they will be our drivers of healthy growth and our path to mass consumer and merchant adoption, in a world with a lot of stakeholders buying and selling to preserve and promote mutual interest and self benefits.

Get use to a new saying which I have been using for the last forty years. “We do things that others won’t, so that we can do things that others can’t. That makes it challenging for “me too” if that provides any comfort.

Sorry. RJF. I just burnt up my time. Keep up the great discussion. I will try to respond to your post tomorrow.

No problem  Smiley  I would agree that continued sane management of DNotes will provide an exceptable return on investment for any of these funds. Simple appreciation of DNotes itself should provide a nice return. I have been lucky to complete more than one career and in all honesty, the money I saved and invested on my own has earned me a much higher return than 2 IRA retirement accounts. The appreciation of DNotes in the last months has surpassed the percentages gained, and lost in those IRAs.

Perhaps it's time to take the bull by the horns and change the way this whole segment works. If you all have faith in the raise of DNotes, as I do, this could be a game changer in many financial products. Your turn...

DNotesVault
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:30:22 AM

You're the man! Thanks!

You are welcome.

Just saying...

Protect the future of your investment type of deal, sounds good. Breaking the contract could be a touchy subject, if someone got sick and needed to pull their DNotes out or something.

Like a Certificate of Deposit or IRA, penalty for early withdrawal. Again, the idea is to maintain a certain amount in the overall fund to keep things stable and prevent players from using the funds to gain interest and jump out early. Serious savers only need apply...

DNotesVault
srbty

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:54:57 PM

will DNOTE be on bittrex soon?
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:31:47 PM

I enjoy reading crypto news, and thought I'd like to share this (a link, to yet another example of what an incompetent development team with no foresight and honesty looks like)

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/paybase-is-just-now-looking-at-stripes-tos-after-violating/

I don't particularly want to flame other alt coins in this happy thread, but I do want to point out how over-hyped this crypto was and how their incompetent team under-delivered on Every. Single. Promise... that they made to their "excited" community. They now have (tens of?) thousands of disgruntled "investors" who have been lied to and scammed. This massive project that had lots of money involved, no longer has any credibility. The crypto in the link above and the mining company that preceded it, whether fraudulent scam or not, has made a mess of what should have been a simple launch, and let down all of its stakeholders.

To run a successful crypto, or business, you need to have honesty, integrity, transparency, along with the desire and ability to carry out promises made. I think the Dnotes developers have this locked down. Each and every strategic step has been met in the approximate time periods that were laid out publicly in the planning stage. Dnotes will succeed because each feature and new release is timed for maximal success. I'm going with the idea that the dev team already know the following idea that could have something something to do with their approach: It doesn't matter so much to be the first, but being the best positioned when everybody wants what you are offering.

"In the early 1980s a team of IBM engineers in Boca Raton, Florida were convinced that the next wave of computer technologies will become mainstream with a personal computer on every desk. Unable to convince corporate to fund their R&D project to develop a personal computer and a disk operating system (DOS) they went ahead anyway with a rather small budget. Anxious to get some real life feed back they signed up to display their new generation of PC at a computer show in Chicago. As it was told they were working with and counting on Digital Research (DR DOS) to provide the operating system. Unfortunately, as a small company then, Digital Research team decided support another computer exhibition in Europe, which they believe was more promising. Reportedly, IBM engineers were in a desperate mode, struggling with a Disk Operating System that just didn't work. One of the IBM engineers found out that two young men (Bill Gates and Paul Allen) were working on a version of DOS and so they contacted them. Bill Gates immediately recognized that this was their "luck break". He seized the opportunity, negotiated a great deal and delivered what he promised.  The rest is history."  

- DYNA March 06, 2014

The timing schedule and strategic planning behind this development is incredibly important. It must be in tune to world demand of crypto perfectly, to be best positioned in that "critical moment" (nightcrawler movie) or "tipping point" (Malcolm Gladwell book). Honesty and integrity are required to achieve the strategic plan laid out. To do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it. Bill Gates and Paul Allen were the only two people in the world who had the skills that IBM (and the world) needed.

"For DNotes to be adopted as the digital currency of the future with lasting value, DNotes must be willing and able to do things that others can’t or wouldn’t do. This includes identifying undeserved groups such as women."
- Posted by DYNA March 07, 2014

]"I am working aggressively with our Dev. to position DNotes to ensure that these potential pojects will fit perfectly with our overall strategies. There is a lot going on behind the scene to give DNotes the best chance to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value. Stay tuned."

- Posted by DYNA March 07, 2014, before the launch of Cryptomoms.com.

"DNotes is positioned from the ground to be the digital currency of the future that is sufficiently stable for merchants, reliable growth in long term value for investors, and a trading vehicle with a narrower trading range for the more conservative traders/investors."

- Posted by DYNA March 30, 2014

Those are excellent questions. DNotes could very well be one of the most generous crypto currencies in terms of giveaways. We absolutely believe in the shared stake concept and that our giveaway programs have made it possible for many to own crypto currency for the first time. Based on our registration data, our giveaways through Cryptomoms is indicating that 25% of our giveaways have gone to female stake holders...

DNotes is fundamentally different in substance and style. We are totally committed to building a solid foundation right from the start, deliberately maintaining a low profile to avoid rapid increase in the price of DNotes that is not yet supported by fundamental values. Stability in the value of the currency is one of the key targets our business model seeks to achieve. Instinctively, we all love rapid price appreciation and we certainly understand the mechanics of the law of supply and demand.  However, if demand is artificially generated constantly to induce rapid price appreciation, stability in the currency is not achievable. We all love rapid price appreciation, but for long term stake holders, sustainable price appreciation within a reasonable range is the most valuable selection criteria to consider. Until there is a digital currency sufficiently stable, wide spread adoption by merchants is highly unlikely
- Posted by DYNA May 13,1014

I got tired about here, I'll edit, and repost all this tomorrow or something. 3am here.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:02:42 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 02:20:19 PM by Dyna

I enjoy reading crypto news, and thought I'd like to share this (a link, to yet another example of what an incompetent development team with no foresight and honesty looks like)

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/paybase-is-just-now-looking-at-stripes-tos-after-violating/

I don't particularly want to flame other alt coins in this happy thread, but I do want to point out how over-hyped this crypto was and how their incompetent team under-delivered on Every. Single. Promise... that they made to their "excited" community. They now have (tens of?) thousands of disgruntled "investors" who have been lied to and scammed. This massive project that had lots of money involved, no longer has any credibility. The crypto in the link above and the mining company that preceded it, whether fraudulent scam or not, has made a mess of what should have been a simple launch, and let down all of its stakeholders.

To run a successful crypto, or business, you need to have honesty, integrity, transparency, along with the desire and ability to carry out promises made. I think the Dnotes developers have this locked down. Each and every strategic step has been met in the approximate time periods that were laid out publicly in the planning stage. Dnotes will succeed because each feature and new release is timed for maximal success. I'm going with the idea that the dev team already know the following idea that could have something something to do with their approach: It doesn't matter so much to be the first, but being the best positioned when everybody wants what you are offering.

"In the early 1980s a team of IBM engineers in Boca Raton, Florida were convinced that the next wave of computer technologies will become mainstream with a personal computer on every desk. Unable to convince corporate to fund their R&D project to develop a personal computer and a disk operating system (DOS) they went ahead anyway with a rather small budget. Anxious to get some real life feed back they signed up to display their new generation of PC at a computer show in Chicago. As it was told they were working with and counting on Digital Research (DR DOS) to provide the operating system. Unfortunately, as a small company then, Digital Research team decided support another computer exhibition in Europe, which they believe was more promising. Reportedly, IBM engineers were in a desperate mode, struggling with a Disk Operating System that just didn't work. One of the IBM engineers found out that two young men (Bill Gates and Paul Allen) were working on a version of DOS and so they contacted them. Bill Gates immediately recognized that this was their "luck break". He seized the opportunity, negotiated a great deal and delivered what he promised.  The rest is history."  

- DYNA March 06, 2014

The timing schedule and strategic planning behind this development is incredibly important. It must be in tune to world demand of crypto perfectly, to be best positioned in that "critical moment" (nightcrawler movie) or "tipping point" (Malcolm Gladwell book). Honesty and integrity are required to achieve the strategic plan laid out. To do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it. Bill Gates and Paul Allen were the only two people in the world who had the skills that IBM (and the world) needed.

"For DNotes to be adopted as the digital currency of the future with lasting value, DNotes must be willing and able to do things that others can’t or wouldn’t do. This includes identifying undeserved groups such as women."
- Posted by DYNA March 07, 2014

]"I am working aggressively with our Dev. to position DNotes to ensure that these potential pojects will fit perfectly with our overall strategies. There is a lot going on behind the scene to give DNotes the best chance to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value. Stay tuned."

- Posted by DYNA March 07, 2014, before the launch of Cryptomoms.com.

"DNotes is positioned from the ground to be the digital currency of the future that is sufficiently stable for merchants, reliable growth in long term value for investors, and a trading vehicle with a narrower trading range for the more conservative traders/investors."

- Posted by DYNA March 30, 2014

Those are excellent questions. DNotes could very well be one of the most generous crypto currencies in terms of giveaways. We absolutely believe in the shared stake concept and that our giveaway programs have made it possible for many to own crypto currency for the first time. Based on our registration data, our giveaways through Cryptomoms is indicating that 25% of our giveaways have gone to female stake holders...

DNotes is fundamentally different in substance and style. We are totally committed to building a solid foundation right from the start, deliberately maintaining a low profile to avoid rapid increase in the price of DNotes that is not yet supported by fundamental values. Stability in the value of the currency is one of the key targets our business model seeks to achieve. Instinctively, we all love rapid price appreciation and we certainly understand the mechanics of the law of supply and demand.  However, if demand is artificially generated constantly to induce rapid price appreciation, stability in the currency is not achievable. We all love rapid price appreciation, but for long term stake holders, sustainable price appreciation within a reasonable range is the most valuable selection criteria to consider. Until there is a digital currency sufficiently stable, wide spread adoption by merchants is highly unlikely
- Posted by DYNA May 13,1014

I got tired about here, I'll edit, and repost all this tomorrow or something. 3am here.

Wow! Did I say all that? Thanks, TeeGee for reminding me. Quite a pleasant surprise.

For the records DNotes was launched on February 18, 2014.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:21:50 PM

We have spoken with bittrex briefly a while back and DNotes does not meet their criteria, which was a high page count on bitcointalk.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:37:12 PM

We have spoken with bittrex briefly a while back and DNotes does not meet their criteria, which was a high page count on bitcointalk.

I wonder if the stock exchanges count forum pages before agreeing to list a company on the exchange?   Grin Wink Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

If I remember correctly, their conclusion was that DNotes did not have sufficient support from its community based on our forum page count.

Despite various attempts, Cryptsy has yet to be convinced to at least place DNotes on their voting list.

It is not always easy to take a different path. We see things quite differently and there are no compelling reasons for us to change course. Do the right things and everything else will follow, sooner or later.
AshleighM

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

Hi I'm new to crypto currency, I'm very excited to explore different possibilities in the industry. Mainly non-profit and charitable organizations that could benefit from crypto currency.
I'm currently completing a double major degree an honours in international development and politics and am looking forward to applying it in order to help improve the lives of others.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:03:04 PM

Hmmmm.. not a coding guru, but I think I have seen automated escrow services-  I wonder if that could be incorperated.

Ah =)  Nevermind!   Anyways yeah.. really no need to reinvent the escrow wheel again at this point in time.

Not trying to be self-serving but some in our industry may wish that we provide escrow services since DNotes places very high value on trust. However, we prefer to remain highly focused in accomplishing our core missions which are most valuable to our stakeholders and avoid risk exposures that may be disruptive.

There have been an increasing number requests for us to make CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a priority. We do know that a lot of savings for retirement are under funded. The potential high returns of saving a small amount of DNotes on a regular basis could make quite a difference. Let us know what you think.

Yes, outstanding, stick to the plan!

Also, I think CR.I.S.P. retirement accounts would be received well in many circles. I know most young people don't think much about retirement until it's too late but, introducing a savings plan in their own digital world just might bring them on board before it's too late. I would say go for it!

I agree, it's a perfect time for CR.I.S.P. for Retirement.  RJF made a good point, this may be the type of digital world savings plan that gets young people saving for their retirement.  The potential returns, could help give people hope for a secure retirement. I love this idea!

I agree. RJF made a great point. It could be a great thing to get young people to start thinking about retirement early. The older age group who know just too well that their retirement accounts are way under funded, will likely look at this favorably. This could have worldwide appeal. How should we package it? Love to have inputs from our community.

Did I remember correctly that one of RJF's New Year resolutions is to collect some DNotes. This could be a good chance. Show us a good plan to be well executed with a full press release, I will show you some DNotes. Lol, but I am serious. We now have a good infrastructure to get our community more involved and earn some DNotes at the same time. Don't forget that our bars are set high and we take our time to do things right.

Well, I'm certainly not a retirement planner but, It would, in my opinion, need to incorporate the following items:

1. Secure and guaranteed
2. A minimum initial deposit and low monthly or quarterly deposits after
3. Some form of interest. Not POS or anything like that right now but, a fund would need to be created to provide small monthly interest payment.
4. Marketing
5 Dedicated overseers
6.Small monthly management fee (you need to get something back for the fund and operators)
7. Down the road, when you start to consider POS or other methods of keeping the network healthy, a lot of this can be provided automatically.

I wouldn't look at this as a profit center but, DNotes in general will profit as the coin gains value through this exposure. Also #6 can be adjusted as the coins value increases. Make it a selling point, help increase awareness of DNotes and your monthly fees will go down.

As far as marketing it, no real difference from marketing DNotes itself except increase your presence in areas where young people congregate online and off. You already advertise to many areas, beef it up and make the fund your prime offering. Include the others as well but don't push the coin itself, push the usefulness of it.

And the big one; make sure it's within the scope of the law. I don't think this is a stumbling block right now but, get your ducks in a legal row for the coming years. As long as the matching funds are being held where they can be audited, that should be fine for now.  

It sounds like a lot of work but, you have already done the heavy lifting with existing products. And, think about this, it is an area NO ONE has even begun to move into except DNotes, why not own it?

Discussion Notes and Concepts  of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement:
[/b]

Quote – RJF:
“And the big one; make sure it's within the scope of the law. I don't think this is a stumbling block right now but, get your ducks in a legal row for the coming years. As long as the matching funds are being held where they can be audited, that should be fine for now.”

RJF, you came up with some great ideas. Unfortunately, because of regulatory hurdles some of them can not be incorporated at this time. They could very well be part of our future plans. At some point in the future we could have a DNotes Exchange registered with FinCEN and licensed with every state or we can partner with an exchange that is already registered and meet all the regulatory and compliance reporting requirements. Doing it ourselves will take years and cost a fortune. It is also possible that our objectives can be accomplished through acquisition. For now we have to stay clear of certain areas.

A brief understanding of the registration and licensing requirements may be helpful. I am not a lawyer and will try to give you a “layman” understanding. FinCEN is given a mission to prevent money laundering and all “money transmitters” are required to register with FinCEN by law. The registration part is easy. The ongoing compliance reporting is extremely demanding and cost a fortune. Money transmitters must be licensed in every state, with the exception of a couple of states. This is a very expensive and time consuming process. State regulators’ mission is consumer protection. From a legal prospective, many issues are unsettled and FinCEN regulatory guidance is confusing.

Until we get a better picture, DNotesVault is best characterized as a secure web wallet and does not engage in any sale, trade or exchange of currency. It is a free service for our stakeholders and we do not penalize withdrawal.

I hope I did not dampen your enthusiasm too much. We just have to remain patience and not disrupt or jeopardize our growth path.

You and our community have brought up a lot of good points for discussion. Please continue.

Especially in view of legal constraints preventing us from incorporating some exciting features, we need to be very creative with the landing page of CR,I.S.P for retirement. Perhaps it should allow a talk forum and rich contents related to retirement savings. This is where our community can really come together and make valuable contributions. When it is ready for launch, we will support it with a full press release. Thanks for your support.
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: