Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:17:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
correhidor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:30:07 AM

DNotes thanks to continuous fluctuations of the price perfectly is suitable for exchange trading.

P.S. Thanks DNotes Team for giweaway. This is the best way of promoting of cryptocurrencies checked by practice.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:39:12 AM

DNotes thanks to continuous fluctuations of the price perfectly is suitable for exchange trading.

P.S. Thanks DNotes Team for giweaway. This is the best way of promoting of cryptocurrencies checked by practice.

Hi correhidor, welcome to the DNotes forum. We believe the giveaways, promotions, and rewards are important to the growth of DNotes.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:58:32 AM

I honestly dont know anything about Dnotes bahaha
I just bought some coz my instincts tell me to do it Tongue

You have good instinct waterpile. We are just getting started. There are a lot of things we don't know either. So welcome to the party. We need all the good idea and support from everyone to make DNotes increasingly more valuable and useful.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:17:46 AM

Below is a long article that appeared in Wall Street Journal today. The following caught my attention. In my previous posts I had mentioned our vision of DNotesVault being a critical part of a Global DNotes Financial network that would include a regulated exchange, a DNotes Bank and partner banks. DNotesVault depositors, to the extent of their pre-approval loan to deposit ratio can be instantly approved a loan anytime, anywhere worldwide without a bank or a third party. The funds can be immediately credited to a multiple currency debit card or a bank account.

With due respect, we may already be one step ahead of the Professor of Finance. Our strategic plans are ahead of regulations. I am quite certain that it will become a reality in four to five years. That is one more reason to save your DNotes whether it is to supplement your retirement, help pay off your student loans or for your dream vacation.

"Just as block-chain technology has created a currency that operates without need of a bank, it could help users get loans without a bank, or make investments without a broker or exchange."

Wall Street Journal:
March 1, 2015 11:09 p.m. ET
JOURNAL REPORTS
http://HTTP://WWW.WSJ.COM/ARTICLES/DO-CRYPTOCURRENCIES-SUCH-AS-BITCOIN-HAVE-A-FUTURE-1425269375
Dr. Harvey is a professor of finance at Duke University in Durham, N.C. He can be reached at reports@wsj.com.

Do Cryptocurrencies Such as Bitcoin Have a Future?
[/b]

Innovative alternative currencies come with great possibilities—but also great risks

Despite the mystery, the whiff of scandal, and general public unfamiliarity with the concept, somebody out there is buying, and selling, not just bitcoin but dozens of other cryptocurrencies as well. The total market capitalization for these unregulated electronic forms of payment was roughly $4.04 billion as of mid-February, according to coinmarketcap.com, a website that tracks trading in alternative currencies. More than 500 altcoins, as they are also known, were represented on the site recently.  ……………………..

Valuing Bitcoin as a Technology

True, bitcoin isn’t backed by any central authority. But that doesn’t matter. Bitcoin exists because users assign value to it. To say it violates the rules of finance because it lacks a central issuer is problematic on many levels. Governments don't “guarantee” stability of their currencies—look at the ruble and Swiss franc. Similarly, the fair price of a bitcoin as measured by the discounted value of future cash flows may be zero. But the same is true of fiat currencies, including the euro and U.S. dollar. No commodity underpins the value of a euro or dollar. You tend to lose money when you hold cash. This doesn’t deter people from holding cash.

But forget about exchange rates for a moment. The most exciting thing about bitcoin is the technology behind it, the block chain, an online, transparent record of every transaction on every bitcoin. It is a giant electronic financial ledger that is used to authenticate each transaction and, in the process, produce more bitcoins.

The block chain’s potential reaches far beyond bitcoin the currency. It is a way to both verify ownership and to set up contracts. Imagine getting into your car. Through your mobile device, the car locates your identity code and proof of purchase in the block chain. This allows the car to start. But say you have missed three payments on your car loan. Additional terms in the block chain make sure the car will only start for the person or institution that lent you the money.

Making contracts part of a block chain would be easy by introducing “if, then” statements to the chain in computer code. Almost any financial instrument, including stocks, bonds or options, could be represented and made verifiable in such a format.

Disrupting Markets

Just as block-chain technology has created a currency that operates without need of a bank, it could help users get loans without a bank, or make investments without a broker or exchange.

Yes, the value of a bitcoin has fallen sharply over the past year. However, it is a serious mistake to judge bitcoin’s future based on the movement in the exchange rate. A better indicator is the activity of highly respected venture capitalists who are pouring money into hundreds of bitcoin- and block-chain related ventures.

It is true that bitcoin is currently too volatile to be a long-term store of value. But much of this is due to illiquidity, which is not unexpected when the technology is so new. A regulated, insured, U.S.-based bitcoin exchange opened in January that is backed by the New York Stock Exchange, which should add liquidity and reduce volatility.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:29:54 PM

Below is a long article that appeared in Wall Street Journal today. The following caught my attention. In my previous posts I had mentioned our vision of DNotesVault being a critical part of a Global DNotes Financial network that would include a regulated exchange, a DNotes Bank and partner banks. DNotesVault depositors, to the extent of their pre-approval loan to deposit ratio can be instantly approved a loan anytime, anywhere worldwide without a bank or a third party. The funds can be immediately credited to a multiple currency debit card or a bank account.

With due respect, we may already be one step ahead of the Professor of Finance. Our strategic plans are ahead of regulations. I am quite certain that it will become a reality in four to five years. That is one more reason to save your DNotes whether it is to supplement your retirement, help pay off your student loans or for your dream vacation.

"Just as block-chain technology has created a currency that operates without need of a bank, it could help users get loans without a bank, or make investments without a broker or exchange."

Wall Street Journal:
JOURNAL REPORTS
http://HTTP://WWW.WSJ.COM/ARTICLES/DO-CRYPTOCURRENCIES-SUCH-AS-BITCOIN-HAVE-A-FUTURE-1425269375
Dr. Harvey is a professor of finance at Duke University in Durham, N.C. He can be reached at reports@wsj.com.

[/b]

Innovative alternative currencies come with great possibilities—but also great risks

Despite the mystery, the whiff of scandal, and general public unfamiliarity with the concept, somebody out there is buying, and selling, not just bitcoin but dozens of other cryptocurrencies as well. The total market capitalization for these unregulated electronic forms of payment was roughly $4.04 billion as of mid-February, according to coinmarketcap.com, a website that tracks trading in alternative currencies. More than 500 altcoins, as they are also known, were represented on the site recently.  ……………………..

True, bitcoin isn’t backed by any central authority. But that doesn’t matter. Bitcoin exists because users assign value to it. To say it violates the rules of finance because it lacks a central issuer is problematic on many levels. Governments don't “guarantee” stability of their currencies—look at the ruble and Swiss franc. Similarly, the fair price of a bitcoin as measured by the discounted value of future cash flows may be zero. But the same is true of fiat currencies, including the euro and U.S. dollar. No commodity underpins the value of a euro or dollar. You tend to lose money when you hold cash. This doesn’t deter people from holding cash.

But forget about exchange rates for a moment. The most exciting thing about bitcoin is the technology behind it, the block chain, an online, transparent record of every transaction on every bitcoin. It is a giant electronic financial ledger that is used to authenticate each transaction and, in the process, produce more bitcoins.

The block chain’s potential reaches far beyond bitcoin the currency. It is a way to both verify ownership and to set up contracts. Imagine getting into your car. Through your mobile device, the car locates your identity code and proof of purchase in the block chain. This allows the car to start. But say you have missed three payments on your car loan. Additional terms in the block chain make sure the car will only start for the person or institution that lent you the money.

Making contracts part of a block chain would be easy by introducing “if, then” statements to the chain in computer code. Almost any financial instrument, including stocks, bonds or options, could be represented and made verifiable in such a format.

Disrupting Markets

Just as block-chain technology has created a currency that operates without need of a bank, it could help users get loans without a bank, or make investments without a broker or exchange.

Yes, the value of a bitcoin has fallen sharply over the past year. However, it is a serious mistake to judge bitcoin’s future based on the movement in the exchange rate. A better indicator is the activity of highly respected venture capitalists who are pouring money into hundreds of bitcoin- and block-chain related ventures.

It is true that bitcoin is currently too volatile to be a long-term store of value. But much of this is due to illiquidity, which is not unexpected when the technology is so new. A regulated, insured, U.S.-based bitcoin exchange opened in January that is backed by the New York Stock Exchange, which should add liquidity and reduce volatility.

I'm in absolute agreement... save your DNotes!

That was a very interesting post, a solution found in the infrastructure the team here are working on, or have already implemented. The DNotesVault provides a great situation where people can be their own secure bank, and be in pole position to access all new features that stem from it! The trick to success here may we be keeping one or two steps ahead of the Professors of Finance around the world - and especially the regulators.

"It is true that bitcoin is currently too volatile to be a long-term store of value. But much of this is due to illiquidity"

I contend that this is the case, and look towards future challenges for all alternative currencies when they reach similar market capitalizations. On the one hand new liquidity from Wall Street and wealthy investors will send the prices sky high on entry, and at the other end of the scale no single player would have enough capital (in fiat) to ensure the price doesn't drop down too much. Once liquidity is in the hundreds of billions, these vicissitudes are much less harsh - you may see fluctuations of less than 1% on a normal trading day. It is my thinking that this difficult area of market capitalization (loving my US spelling?) begins in the 10 million dollar zone, and goes til around 50 to 100 billion. It is reasonable to expect price volatility in these market cap zones, and that is why we have seen it with Bitcoin. Traders with large holdings love wide spreads too, and will pump and dump accordingly to ensure a large trading range exists.

I'm sure there are solutions to these problems, and with an engaged community, I'm sure that difficulty zone may be overcome through decentralized co-operation in mutually beneficial outcomes for all players. These are just my thoughts anyway. I have thought long and hard about ways to work around the difficult market capitalization period described, but I'm sure somebody will think of something great - the type of innovation decentralised networks encourage. First though, I need to sort out my sleeping cycle!

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:16:11 PM

Wall Street Journal:
JOURNAL REPORTS

[/b]

Despite the mystery, the whiff of scandal, and general public unfamiliarity with the concept, somebody out there is buying, and selling, not just bitcoin but dozens of other cryptocurrencies as well. The total market capitalization for these unregulated electronic forms of payment was roughly $4.04 billion as of mid-February, according to coinmarketcap.com, a website that tracks trading in alternative currencies. More than 500 altcoins, as they are also known, were represented on the site recently.  ……………………..

Disrupting Markets

Looks like the URL changed or got cut off, try here:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/do-cryptocurrencies-such-as-bitcoin-have-a-future-1425269375?KEYWORDS=bitcoin

An excellent article by an economist that seems to understand digital currency and what it is truly capable of.... And, kudos to the Wall Street Journal for publishing it, they have come a long way in the last few years.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

yeah they are waking up and start to understand whats going on ...

so i take a look in coinmarketcap after this crazy days and wow you must see

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/

Dnotes up to 22 in list
nubits its the next step

Congrats all
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:37:14 PM

yeah they are waking up and start to understand whats going on ...

so i take a look in coinmarketcap after this crazy days and wow you must see

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/

Dnotes up to 22 in list
nubits its the next step

Congrats all

Ever forward my friend, ever forward... Healthy growth for the right reasons should be sustainable for the long run. I am honored to be a part of this project.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:02:11 PM

Wall Street Journal:
JOURNAL REPORTS

[/b]

I'm in absolute agreement... save your DNotes!

That was a very interesting post, a solution found in the infrastructure the team here are working on, or have already implemented. The DNotesVault provides a great situation where people can be their own secure bank, and be in pole position to access all new features that stem from it! The trick to success here may we be keeping one or two steps ahead of the Professors of Finance around the world - and especially the regulators.

"It is true that bitcoin is currently too volatile to be a long-term store of value. But much of this is due to illiquidity"

I contend that this is the case, and look towards future challenges for all alternative currencies when they reach similar market capitalizations. On the one hand new liquidity from Wall Street and wealthy investors will send the prices sky high on entry, and at the other end of the scale no single player would have enough capital (in fiat) to ensure the price doesn't drop down too much. Once liquidity is in the hundreds of billions, these vicissitudes are much less harsh - you may see fluctuations of less than 1% on a normal trading day. It is my thinking that this difficult area of market capitalization (loving my US spelling?) begins in the 10 million dollar zone, and goes til around 50 to 100 billion. It is reasonable to expect price volatility in these market cap zones, and that is why we have seen it with Bitcoin. Traders with large holdings love wide spreads too, and will pump and dump accordingly to ensure a large trading range exists.

I'm sure there are solutions to these problems, and with an engaged community, I'm sure that difficulty zone may be overcome through decentralized co-operation in mutually beneficial outcomes for all players. These are just my thoughts anyway. I have thought long and hard about ways to work around the difficult market capitalization period described, but I'm sure somebody will think of something great - the type of innovation decentralised networks encourage. First though, I need to sort out my sleeping cycle!

Once again you have made some excellent comments, TeeGee. Your ability to understand our strategic directions is impressive. You have certainly been a valuable contributor in helping us to expand and refine our strategic plans. Let me briefly highlight some of your comments:

1.   Your “own secure bank, and be in pole position to access all new features that stem from it!”  Indeed, DNotesVault could evolve to be a financial powerhouse allowing our depositors to conduct all financial services without the need to go through a bank as we know it today. No third party or middle man needed.

2.   “No single player would have enough capital (in fiat) to ensure the price doesn't
drop down too much.” This will always be the case. Even our most committed supporters are limited in how much they could do. A healthy growth rate providing solid fundamental value is the best line of defense, to avoid drastic price decline. No pump and dump is a critical factor. DNotes core supporters are invested for the long terms. They are net buyers for long term investment.

3.   “It is reasonable to expect price volatility in these market cap zones (in the 10 million dollar zone)” DNotes is already the most stable digital currency in our industry as a result of a different path it has taken since its beginning. DNotesVault, CRISPs, and long-term investment mentality are all designed to minimize volatilities.

4.   “An engaged community, I'm sure that difficulty zone may be overcome through decentralized co-operation in mutually beneficial outcomes for all players.”  A clear and consistent messaging in promoting co-operation in group efforts for mutual benefits has certainly contributed to DNotes stability.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:07:28 PM

Hi again everyone! I love the action and the promising wall street journal!!! I had a thought I've been holding off... We need TEE SHIRTS! lol.. I've wanted a Dnotes tee shirt for awhile now. This could be a way for individual stake holders to spread the word. In a few years when Dnotes becomes bigger and people hear about it. They will think back and say to them selves, there must be something to this because I've seen or heard of it before from somewhere. We could possibly even buy the shirts with Dnotes! Which may enthuse more sales and people wearing them nation wide! Lets spread the word together! It may be something that would be better to hold off for now, i don't know just thought id point it out. I cant wait to see the wonderful Dnotes emblem EVERYWHERE! lol

Lets keep it up, thanks for the dedication TEAM!
Daniel

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:05:29 PM

For the record, I would like to formally request we move to add DNotes to ShapeShift. I know we touched on this before but, have looked at them again and we could integrate their APIs into DNotesVault which would allow deposit of any supported crypto directly converted to DNotes. Would be quite enticing for those holding large amounts of altcoins who don't want to deal with selling and buying on an exchange. They offer live chat and I have included their contact info below:

Email: mail@shapeshift.io

Chat: https://shapeshift.io/index.html  (popup)

And don't forget to vote for DNotes on Cryptsy!

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:24:44 PM

For the record, I would like to formally request we move to add DNotes to ShapeShift. I know we touched on this before but, have looked at them again and we could integrate their APIs into DNotesVault which would allow deposit of any supported crypto directly converted to DNotes. Would be quite enticing for those holding large amounts of altcoins who don't want to deal with selling and buying on an exchange. They offer live chat and I have included their contact info below:

I have contacted them via email asking their process for getting a coin listed on their exchange. I'll let everyone know when they respond.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:26:41 PM

Hi again everyone! I love the action and the promising wall street journal!!! I had a thought I've been holding off... We need TEE SHIRTS! lol.. I've wanted a Dnotes tee shirt for awhile now. This could be a way for individual stake holders to spread the word. In a few years when Dnotes becomes bigger and people hear about it. They will think back and say to them selves, there must be something to this because I've seen or heard of it before from somewhere. We could possibly even buy the shirts with Dnotes! Which may enthuse more sales and people wearing them nation wide! Lets spread the word together! It may be something that would be better to hold off for now, i don't know just thought id point it out. I cant wait to see the wonderful Dnotes emblem EVERYWHERE! lol

Daniel

Hi again Daniel, good to hear from you again. Thanks for the kind words. We should have someone submit a DNotes design to the t-shirt contest site that PEACEOFWAR was doing. Any volunteers? Cheesy

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:27:22 PM

I have contacted them via email asking their process for getting a coin listed on their exchange. I'll let everyone know when they respond.

Excellent, thank you!

DNotesVault
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:40:44 AM

Excellent, thank you!

What a great find RJF, that service would be amazing if the API were integrated with the Vault. It would certainly make it much easier for holders of Bitcoin to acquire DNotes, because buy / sell walls on exchanges can be very confusing for people unfamiliar with them.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:48:43 AM

Daniel

Hi again Daniel, good to hear from you again. Thanks for the kind words. We should have someone submit a DNotes design to the t-shirt contest site that PEACEOFWAR was doing. Any volunteers? Cheesy

I'm no designer but this is just something i had in my head I thought would be cool. So i designed this on custom ink and obviously could be modified. But I was thinking anyone with there own ideas should post them. In a few weeks we can decide or vote on which ones best. Then PEACEOFWAR can submit it which is an awesome idea.

bigger image = http://s23.postimg.org/bh3k6onmj/Dnotes_img.jpg

This took me 20 minutes. Here's what I did- designed it on custom ink, took a photo with my phone, cropped it, posted it on postimg.org, right click on your photo and copy the URL code. This was the simplest way I could think of you guys may have a better way.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:54:24 AM

Wall Street Journal:
JOURNAL REPORTS

[/b]

Disrupting Markets

finally Wall Street wanna start to know more about cryptos. I hope they do find the true worth of using cryptos. This might be a good sign
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 03:09:40 AM

Daniel

I'm no designer but this is just something i had in my head I thought would be cool. So i designed this on custom ink and obviously could be modified. But I was thinking anyone with there own ideas should post them. In a few weeks we can decide or vote on which ones best. Then PEACEOFWAR can submit it which is an awesome idea.

This took me 20 minutes. Here's what I did- designed it on custom ink, took a photo with my phone, cropped it, posted it on postimg.org, right click on your photo and copy the URL code. This was the simplest way I could think of you guys may have a better way.

Thanks Daniel, that looks great!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

Daniel

Hi mrbum805. Thanks for your confidence in DNotes. I believe that it will be everywhere one day, for very good reasons; because it is better than fiat currency and it helped many people along the way, especially those who are invested in us for the long term and those less fortunate we were able to help out early.

This is the beginning of a long journey with a lot of hard work ahead. Your Tee Shirts promotional idea is great and the design looks good to me, But artwork is not my area of strength. It will be helpful to get more inputs from our community. I will certainly want to buy some when they become available.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 02:20:18 PM

Excellent, thank you!

What a great find RJF, that service would be amazing if the API were integrated with the Vault. It would certainly make it much easier for holders of Bitcoin to acquire DNotes, because buy / sell walls on exchanges can be very confusing for people unfamiliar with them.

My thoughts exactly. Anything we can do to ease entry into DNotes will be worth the effort.

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: