Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276778 times)
yonce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:56:09 PM

I have filed a complaint, Id: I1405051055108631 through:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I have also filed with my state attorney general. I am hoping this is all a mistake and I just get paid my initial deposit. I have printed to .pdf all my transaction history. I suggest more people should do this. Probably will go nowhere -- but it's all we can do at this point. It would be beneficial if anyone could post if they made USD deposits through any of the exchangers. The more of these the better.

It's funny, some of my deposits are still unspent and sitting as an only transaction through blockchain.

Good for you of course, but in previous history, a HYIP that pays for 7 or 8 weeks is nothing but a BLIP when looking at the industry as a whole. Just not worth the resources of any agency. Out of all the recent years, all that has ever been enforced was Liberty Reserve which was discussed during the Bitcoin hearings by the FinCen director. And that was an actual HYIP payment processor that was online for years and processed something like $6 billion. That is 1 site enforced in years and it was a processor.

This is really a jack-ass comment to make. We have already seen a HYIP prosecution: Pirateat40 and the Bitcoin Savings and Trust in Texas.

If anyone else is inclined to post a complaint on ic3.gov, please do not let this idiot persuade you otherwise -- just look at his trust rating.

I wasn't persuading anyone not to. Just telling them the history of the industry and how things have gone down. I told him good for him for doing so. Nothing jack ass about that. Again, trust rating is irrelevant for anyone on this forum unless they are trying to hawk some good in the marketplace here lol. HYIP's aren't USA based, so those forum ponzi's you are mentioning are a completely different breed of animal than the established HYIP industry. If you have the time, sure go for filing it. I personally wouldn't waste my time with doing it to any HYIP that has ever stopped paying me in the past.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

thats the way hyip is meant to be played.
coreyvg

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:25:33 PM

Hey guys just want to give everyone a chance to hear my story with btc-arbs. I deposited 1.4647 bitcoins on 11/04/2014 22:06. Was happy with the daily gains and the site as a whole until basically all my balance went into legacy. Sent several support tickets over the last few weeks and never got a reply. Sent another support ticket in today (5/5/14) saying "TAKE HALF OF MY COINS SEND ME THE OTHER HALF. SEND ME 0.8066 TO 17vdbbHeS6Ph4MaUZnUQdmTN8nbF2sNxZ AND CLOSE THE ACCOUNT. YOU WIN :-)" Within the hour I got a message from the administrator saying "done". I wish everyone on here luck with getting some of their money back or possibly all.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:55:27 PM

Hey guys just want to give everyone a chance to hear my story with btc-arbs. I deposited 1.4647 bitcoins on 11/04/2014 22:06. Was happy with the daily gains and the site as a whole until basically all my balance went into legacy. Sent several support tickets over the last few weeks and never got a reply. Sent another support ticket in today (5/5/14) saying "TAKE HALF OF MY COINS SEND ME THE OTHER HALF. SEND ME 0.8066 TO 17vdbbHeS6Ph4MaUZnUQdmTN8nbF2sNxZ AND CLOSE THE ACCOUNT. YOU WIN :-)" Within the hour I got a message from the administrator saying "done". I wish everyone on here luck with getting some of their money back or possibly all.

I have made two offers to them to consider my account settled with the return of my principal investment (27 BTC) and allowing them to "keep" the remaining interest that had accrued on it...I have yet to receive any kind of response to the offer, at all. It really seems like the only ones getting any amount of funds returned are lower than 1 BTC amounts. Nobody with a significant investment has seen a refund yet, it seems.
RickyCardero

Activity: 358

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:56:08 PM

I have made two offers to them to consider my account settled with the return of my principal investment (27 BTC) and allowing them to "keep" the remaining interest that had accrued on it...I have yet to receive any kind of response to the offer, at all. It really seems like the only ones getting any amount of funds returned are lower than 1 BTC amounts. Nobody with a significant investment has seen a refund yet, it seems.

Are you still getting paid with the little legacy transfers?

dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

And my promise to you about removing the feedback wasn't broken in any way. You haven't done any of the things I mentioned. Let me annotate it for your little ugly head:

You continuously try to smear me and what is even more disgusting is you are trying to smear my 100% truth answer to a guy who is confused about btc-arbs and asked me a legitimate question (NOPE haven't stopped that) Why would you want to do that? That brings me back to what I originally said about you - you are the guilty party and you hold a part of the blame for the mis information that has scammed our fellow bitcoiners here.(YUP ALL YOU DYASK) For as long as I have trying to educate people here on what they were investing in (even during Btc-arbs paying period) you have been trying to smear me. (BEEN ALL YOU SINCE DAY ONE) I still don't know why since you claim you are a btc-arbs investor. I'll gladly remove the trust I posted on your profile if you prove me otherwise. Do all the above and I will remove the trust after 24 hours have passed of you not provoking, harassing, or attacking me

I don't have to smear you, you are the one that is lying.    I still have 1.4+ btc locked up in btc-arbs.   No matter what I did, even providing account name and password wouldn't be accepted as proof by you.   I've already provided proof.   You are only proving you are a scammer.  You can't be trusted.

For the record, I never tried to confuse anyone, at least I can say that honestly.      

Anyway the only thing about the feedback is that it reflects badly on you and just further proves you are lying.   So you should remove all of your negative feedback about everyone for your own sake.  

I've added negative feedback for yonce.   I he comes clean and does what he said he would, I'll remove it.   I won't be held hostage by another scam.  

Of course I'll remove it. I even included annotations for what I said I'd remove it for. Held hostage, oh poor you, woe is me. Another trait of those who can't keep a friend.

Hmmm, all you did was add more negative feedback.   You seriously have a problem with lying.  

Self righteous, misleads people into scams, and thinks he is better than everyone else. I'd be terrified to meet him in real life. Probably has that serial killer look in his face.

Edit: Switched my feedback to negative.   If you want it off just remove all of your negative feedback that you have been giving people.   

For the record yonce hasn't removed any of his negative feedback as he committed to doing.   While it doesn't count against anyone because of his negative trust, he made a commitment to do so and it now 3 days past his own self imposed deadline.  When he removes all the negative feedback on myself and others, I will remove my negative feedback on him which does count against him.  Until then it is safe to assume he is dishonest and can't be trusted.    

On the plus side he isn't dominating this discussion thread anymore.   However, it is likely he will attack me again and likely post more nonsense, lies or whatever you want to call it.   I can take it so I won't retort.     In any event this will be my last post about this issue because if he doesn't take positive action now, nothing will work short of him be banned from the forums, which seems likely to happen in time given his behavior.   If that happens, I won't be apart of it as it just isn't worth it.  
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

Yeah, it's been dribbling out in very tiny amounts. Over the last two weeks, I've been returned 1.7 Bitcoin - roughly 4.5% of what I'm owed. Currently I have 35.85 Bitcoin still locked up in legacy.
yonce

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:07:53 PM

Yeah, it's been dribbling out in very tiny amounts. Over the last two weeks, I've been returned 1.7 Bitcoin - roughly 4.5% of what I'm owed. Currently I have 35.85 Bitcoin still locked up in legacy.

Have you gotten the 1.7 bitcoin back in actual BTC?

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:14:17 PM

Have you gotten the 1.7 bitcoin back in actual BTC?

About 1.2 has successfully reached my wallet after two withdrawals. I'll probably put in another withdrawal request after tomorrow's transfer/results are posted.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:19:20 PM

So after re-iterating my offer to consider my account settled with the return of my principal, this is the reply I got:

From   administrator
Sent on   May 05th 2014
Your patience is appreciated. We have made multiple legacy transfers today and more are coming soon. It has become clear that the BTC-Arbs system was hacked at the beginning of April, and a portion of the funds were stolen. Account balances were also manipulated, and incoming Bitcoin deposit addresses were changed.

The plan at this time is to continue making Legacy payments, while recuperating any losses. Our staff is manually reviewing accounts to ensure accuracy, at which point many accounts are having their full legacy balance transferred at once. Your ongoing cooperation is important if we are to continue with this process.

Ron James & The Global Capital Alliance

Quite a bit different from the replies of "Done" and restoration of sub-1 BTC account balances, I'd say. Pretty clearly, they're coming up with reasons why large balances can't be paid in full. I want them to explain how they can say how any funds could have been lost due to a website hack, when the site does not function as a wallet.
yonce

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:23:50 PM

So after re-iterating my offer to consider my account settled with the return of my principal, this is the reply I got:

From   administrator
Sent on   May 05th 2014
Your patience is appreciated. We have made multiple legacy transfers today and more are coming soon. It has become clear that the BTC-Arbs system was hacked at the beginning of April, and a portion of the funds were stolen. Account balances were also manipulated, and incoming Bitcoin deposit addresses were changed.

The plan at this time is to continue making Legacy payments, while recuperating any losses. Our staff is manually reviewing accounts to ensure accuracy, at which point many accounts are having their full legacy balance transferred at once. Your ongoing cooperation is important if we are to continue with this process.

Quite a bit different from the replies of "Done" and restoration of sub-1 BTC account balances, I'd say. Pretty clearly, they're coming up with reasons why large balances can't be paid in full. I expect the little guys will see their funds restored while those of us who were foolish to invest a significant amount will be left swinging in the breeze.

I wish you all the best in getting as much back as you can! I can't imagine having 30 some odd bitcoin stuck in a scam site. You can assure that the day will also come where even the little guys won't see their funds restored and the site will be turned off. With all that has been going on with btc-arbs since it first went scam now like 2 weeks ago, I actually have the feeling they have a significant amount of members who aren't here on this forum and still believe they are invested in a legitimate company instead of a poor quality HYIP. Certainly they are successfully stringing some people along successfully Sad.

supachimp

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:04:39 AM

ROFLMAO! I spammed the Support Message with over a hundred requests and BTC-ARBS.COM deleted my account.

"An error has occurred:
Incorrect login credentials"

and if i try to recover my password it says,

"An error has occurred:
Sorry we could not find this email in our database"

So if you want him to suspend your account you can officially keep navigation back and keep submitting support tickets til he suspends your account.

This site is garbage i'm glad i only had .15btc with this, at least i was able to withdraw .06btc from the legacy.

This site is officially beyond scam..
jseppeli

Activity: 430
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:36:58 AM

This is the latest regarding my support tickets

From   administrator
Sent on   May 05th 2014
Do you still have a legacy balance?

----------------------------------
jseppeli on 05/05/2014 16:00:51
Hello,
I read every day about more legacy transfers but I haven't received even one since I withdrew what I had in my member balance.
Why is that??
thepianoguy

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:45:16 AM

ROFLMAO! I spammed the Support Message with over a hundred requests and BTC-ARBS.COM deleted my account.

"An error has occurred:

"An error has occurred:

So if you want him to suspend your account you can officially keep navigation back and keep submitting support tickets til he suspends your account.

This site is garbage i'm glad i only had .15btc with this, at least i was able to withdraw .06btc from the legacy.

They disabled my account too even though I didn't bother them with spam. I had 10 BTC deposited. They don't answer to support tickets Embarrassed

Anyone knows how to prosecute the site owners for theft?
Draxon

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:28:38 PM

Last night I recieved all the BTC I withdrew from BTC-arbs.com in my wallet. :]

The email I sent was to this adress. It looks wierd, but Whois actually redirects any email to this adress to the real one out of security reasons. This is explained on the Whois website.
6547573D6D3C48BF97A407CD2AB7880B.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM

I simply asked for clearity on my balance status, why it's taking so long and more info about Ron James and the Global Capital alliance. I must add that so far I have recieved no reply from anyone.

But I got my coins back at least... But i'm not comming near BTC-arbs.com with a ten foot pole anymore.

Good luck to all of you on getting your BTC back, I hope it all works out.
vach

Activity: 237

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:39:24 PM

The email I sent was to this adress. It looks wierd, but Whois actually redirects any email to this adress to the real one out of security reasons. This is explained on the Whois website.

I simply asked for clearity on my balance status, why it's taking so long and more info about Ron James and the Global Capital alliance. I must add that so far I have recieved no reply from anyone.

But I got my coins back at least... But i'm not comming near BTC-arbs.com with a ten foot pole anymore.

How much did you withdraw?
actudoran

Activity: 358

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:04:26 PM

this is what I wrote 'em yesterday :
Thank you for resolving my other account "alegdan" !

I would like to know why aren't you resolving this account as well ? I keep seeing other people getting their money back in full while I don't even get a decent reply back ... I even offered you a BTC donation to speed up my transfer from legacy to normal account... are you just paying people who make most noise back ? I always wanted to be polite an not cause any aggravation ... I can post crap on a multitude of forums including bitcointalk and litecointalk where I go by the same user "actudoran" ... but that's childish ... let's do this like men ... gentlemen even !
you already got some dosh off me so please release the FULL BTC to current account!

actudoran

this is their reply today :

Trouble is .... I so much wanna believe it ... there's a 3.5 BTC balance here FYI ...

Being a gentleman is not just my nature but also the best possible way to offer enough cheek to resolve matters white gloves ( as much as possible ). a fuck you game only leads to being fucked ... especially as they alredy got their piece in the right position ... only takes a wiggle to be proper !
yonce

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

"An error has occurred:

"An error has occurred:

They disabled my account too even though I didn't bother them with spam. I had 10 BTC deposited. They don't answer to support tickets Embarrassed

Anyone knows how to prosecute the site owners for theft?

So sorry for your loss Sad - btc-arbs was a poor attempt at a HYIP. You can do what some people did by reporting to the agency for internet fraud. The owners have likely used different HYIP vendors to remain anonymous like all admins over the years.

yonce

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

Take your coins and run away from the btc-arbs! Smiley

nnkaceryan

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

I have been lurking on this thread since the beginning.. I deposited 1.5 BTC on 3/14/14 and have accrued roughly .7 BTC in interest before the bottom fell out... I made an offer to the admin via the email @whoisguard listed above and through a support ticket to send me my 1.5 BTC back and chalk the rest up to a lesson learned.. We shall see how it works out..
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: