Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:05:30 AM

yes that's right, I agree with you, bitcoin is a digital currency and not digital gold, because everyone is free to argue like that, as long as it is not harmful to others and harming bitcoin is enough ...

there is no harming bitcoin. Bitcoin is a bunch of code, nothing more than that. People who are emotionally attached, they can possibly can hurt, but that's not hurting cryptocurrency...

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:46:15 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
You are only seeing gold as a store of value but that is a lie that has been sold for those that like the idea to have a fiat currency, gold is a lot more than that and together with silver were the choice of money for thousands of years and once you understand their characteristics it is easy why they took that place.

This is why people compare bitcoin to gold they share many of the same characteristics but bitcoin is better, while gold is scarce in earth that does not mean there is not a lot of gold over the universe, but it does not matter if we develop the technology to travel to other worlds or even galaxies you will never find more bitcoin anywhere in the universe so bitcoin is even scarcer than gold and that makes it even better in our eyes.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
perova93

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:03:37 PM

there were already many ships around the world where they were forced to divide crypto wallets! now crypt coins are electronic assets! I began to notice that on the radio began to pass more and more often the rate bitcoin, with other fiat money!
Khan Apon

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:26:48 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is a digital gold. In my logic bitcoin is a great currency of the world. In this time bitcoin price getting low, but it will rise up next time. But totally i want to say at any reason bitcoin is a digital Gold.     
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:31:19 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a digital gold and many men call asset too in the world.Now a days bitcoin has a lot of demand in the crypto world. Smiley
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:31:57 PM

there were already many ships around the world where they were forced to divide crypto wallets! now crypt coins are electronic assets! I began to notice that on the radio began to pass more and more often the rate bitcoin, with other fiat money!
If we are going to out basis on the price. We can maybe really said that the bitcoin will be considerable as a digital gold. It is really amazing and it is really verry profitable in terms of investment. We need to have patience on this huge dip foe us to gain on the near future.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:32:02 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Yeah for most it's more like an asset even though they insist they see bitcoin as a currency  Grin still they would cash out to fiat due to price increase of bitcoin , instead of spending bitcoin directly they'll turn to fiat to encash it for a paper money. So yeah for now it's safer to say btc is like a digital gold , hopefully when right regulations and implementation would prosper more merchant and company would accept btc as a  payment.

lumon2112

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:36:44 PM

Well, I think so, but it is a little more expensive and it's getting heavier, but it can both be de-egg and grow in price)))

rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

Bitcoin is certainly the digital gold and for me this reality is much more doable than it becomes a real virtual currency accepted in any corner
rancakadu

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:47:07 PM

So for this reason, I think bitcoin is a good store of value, just like gold.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:21:22 PM

i think you can say that bitcoin is a digital gold. i mean when gold first found, it has been a big euphoria about it. same as bitcoin now, there is a big euphoria about it
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:29:59 PM

Bitcoin is a digital crypto currency, it is not gold but we can consider it as digital gold becaue of its amazing value. Many people inside the crypto feild that is really amazed on the bitcoin value due to its high demand and the continueous growth of the volume of the investors on the feild. This is really amazing.
nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:32:03 PM

Because the value of bitcoin is almost like gold, it becomes more valuable like gold and it's incredible because only our digital numbers can't even touch it but the price is incredible. So I believe it is considered digital gold.
hanlap

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:51:23 PM

Currently, gold prices range from $ 1200 to $ 1500, but people look back at the price of Bitcoin has soared $ 7000 then several times gold, then not counted in 2017 has increased to $ 20000, do not call Bitcoin is gold. What will the call be ? Such as diamonds.
Don Karnage

Activity: 52

DAOX ICO 2.0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:52:33 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can undoubtedly be called digital gold. As gold was the first currency in the real world, and still humanity appreciates it, and Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and is likely to be always valuable.

DAOX 《  Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs  》  https://daox.org/
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      The product is LIVE      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:07:02 PM

someone's view is different about bitcoin ... in my opinion, the bitcoin function can be used for both reasons. some people use it for transactions and some people use it for transactions and investing because more and more people are using bitcoin as a transaction tool, the transaction volume is also increasing which makes the price more expensive. and this is what makes people invest in bitcoin
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

I think the reason why others see bitcoin as a digital gold is due to its precious value. It is very hard to include bitcoin as a legal tender. The volatility rate of these coins are too high and beyond standard of control. Besides it is more of an asset for investment. I think if you have bitcoin, you have an asset just like gold. Gold is physically precious and bitcoin is digitally precious too. But the two are different anyway.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:36:38 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can undoubtedly be called digital gold. As gold was the first currency in the real world, and still humanity appreciates it, and Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and is likely to be always valuable.

Really good explanation and yes bitcoin can be termed as digital gold but only after attaining a certain level of stability which is a major concern as people invest in gold because the value gradually increases and rarely decreases with a small margin but with bitcoin the scene is completely different.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Vickyrichy (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:30:50 AM

It doesnt matter if you advise against it or not.
At this point of BTC evalution,  it is much more an asset as it is an currency, I would like that BTC would be more accepted more now.
I get it that you are concern more about people accepting bitcoin, but what if they accept bitcoin and have a wrong perceptions about bitcoin?  I'm concern about how people see bitcoin. It think people will appreciate bitcoin if they see it as a digital currency than they seeing it as a digital gold. 
wnfakind

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:36:38 AM

Of course it is, it is the digital gold. The uses cases for it are not what people expect it to be.. but because of the history and where it’s place in time is.. it’s is the standard. It’s no different than the gold rush days when we found gold and mined the shit out of it, this is the exact same concept but with data and information. Bitcoin is the first and will set the standard for trading price wise. I’ve been through a dozen small gowns in mnpeovence and they are setting up mining farms in place of gold mining and coal mining as that industry is depleted and these communities want to thrive.

I don’t see why this keeps coming up as there is more than enough information already on the past years explaining this better Han any post you will find here... must be fore an airdrop to keep repeating shorty posts
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: