Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
Vickyrichy (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:44:11 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can undoubtedly be called digital gold. As gold was the first currency in the real world, and still humanity appreciates it, and Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and is likely to be always valuable.
Well, I don't disagree to the fact that bitcoin can be compared to physical gold but i'm concern about the main idea behind the development of bitcoin. It was created to make transactions easier and faster. It was designed to be a decentralized digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:20:40 AM

So that bitcoin could be called digital gold, it must have a very high stability in price. This is precisely how gold distinguishes itself as a measure of value and as a means of accumulating value. How can bitcoin be called digital gold, if it cost $ 20,000 in December, and $ 6,000 in two months. Gold never became cheaper.
InKiTy38

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:26:00 AM

Bitcoins are digital  gold -based investors because they have gold-like characteristics such as bitcoin that can be used to store, trade, and invest in. It can be said that bitcoin is like gold.
kujaroth

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:34:30 AM

Your argument is commendable. But to bounty hunters and investors alike, gaining money from crypto is gold for them just for the sake of metaphor. Earning money from crypto is so easy that's why they view it as digital gold.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:37:29 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Bitcoin is considered a digital gold because of its underlying values. However, we cannot really say that the value of it is really like a gold that accumulates value over time. Bitcoin has different ways of increasing its value. Bitcoin depends on the need and the transaction is faster through online users.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:42:52 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
do not think narrowly, the characteristic of bitcoin is quite flexible because of its high votalility value. many people consider bitcoin as an asset for the future because of the many benefits that can be gained from bitcoin investment.
bitcoin has characteristics similar to gold because the amount is limited, bitcoin technology is also stable and will not experience degradation, nor is it possible to make fake bitcoin in contrast to fiat money that can be copied and falsified.
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:44:01 AM

We consider bitcoin as gold, though gold has existed since ancient times and the golden values that bring us can not be told, and today with the digital technology bitcoin was born. And bitcoin is also considered by investors as digital gold
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:01:24 AM

There's no doubt, bitcoin is definitely a digital gold. In the fact that its price is high even if it fell down, but somehow its volatility or the unpredictable value of it  discourage some of the potential investors of it and the fact that they are lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will surely be an asset in the future.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Baekhyun

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:07:47 AM

we as investors consider bitcoin as an asset, I don't think it's a problem. precisely the opportunity to get greater profits can be obtained from investment in bitcoin, if we are narrow-minded and only consider bitcoin as a payment instrument, will bitcoin be as popular now? Bitcoin votality value is an attraction for investors to invest here. Today bitcoin is flexible broo, everyone has their opinions.
adiouqiue91821

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:10:02 AM

Think of Bitcoin as a digital gold, Bitcoin has made investors much richer than gold in recent times. I believe in the future Bitcoin will replace the gold.
Sate Jamu

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:10:49 AM

It can be said that bitcoin is digital gold, this is because the character of gold and bitcoin is almost the same, for example is the number of stocks, we all know that the stock of bitcoin is limited so that the value continues to grow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████
 ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████
████[        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████[     ▄█████████████      ██████████▄
████[    ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀██████
████[   ]████                         █████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄._       ]████
████[     ▀████████████████████▄      ]████
████[        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ]████
████[                       ]████     ]████
████[                       ▄████     ]████
████[     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀     ]████
████[    ██████████████████████▀      ]████
████[     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'        ]████
█████                                 █████
 ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 Y██████████████████████████████████████▀
  `"▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S E S S I A

NEW GENERATION
SOCIAL NETWORK

█████████ █▄
█████████ ███▄
█████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

GET APP

Get cashbacks from your
purchases and kickbacks
from your friends purchases
▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████

███▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
███████████████████
████████████████▀
████████████▀
█████████▀
█████▀▀
███
GET IN ON
Google Play
██████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████

,d██
        d███
  _o▄▄▄.███b▄▄▄▄▄
,▄██████▄ ▄███████
▄███████████████
███████████████
████████████████
▀█████████████████
 █████████████████
  ███████████████▀
   ▀████▀  ▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:14:21 AM

This maybe have a deep meaning for others. Other says if you would compare bitcoin price to a price of gold, Some says what is literally means of bitcoin.
asemene41

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:18:02 AM

yes right, this will not be forever profitable this is a normal investment because there will definitely be a loss, but I believe bitcoin is an investment that is very profitable this century but not in the short term this is a long-term investment
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:27:47 AM

We consider bitcoin as gold, though gold has existed since ancient times and the golden values that bring us can not be told, and today with the digital technology bitcoin was born. And bitcoin is also considered by investors as digital gold

As long as people can earn money or profit from these digital currencies, they will be investing on it their money and their time. They are investors, they will invest on a profitable, that is like breathing for them.

Bitcoin treated as a Digital gold is also natural since Bitcoin is being compared to Bitcoin as the most popular and most expensive crypto investment. But I don't really treat it like Gold since Bitcoin is Bitcoin.
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:38:00 AM

yeah, don't look at bitcoin as a currency but look at bitcoin as digital gold.
the phrase is correct. see bitcoin as gold not as money, because gold is a profitable investment...
phanquan5111994

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:47:56 AM

Yes!!
I think Bitcoin is really digital gold!
Digital gold as well as gold !!!
Its price is also up and down erratically !!!
I see digital gold can compete with gold !!!
That will definitely happen in the future !!!
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:50:48 AM

I consider bitcoin to be digital gold, because in my opinion bitcoin is one of the valuable investments besides gold, bitcoin has a limited supply of coins which makes its value very fluctuating
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:52:17 AM

It is true that Bitcoin is a digital currency, but its value continues to increase over time making bitcoin referred to as digital gold, there are many similarities in the nature of bitcoin with Gold, such as its limited supply, and its value can be divided to the smallest part. appropriate if at this time Bitcoin is referred to as digital gold because Bitcoin is a luxury item.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:02:55 AM

Yes!!
I think Bitcoin is really digital gold!
Digital gold as well as gold !!!
Its price is also up and down erratically !!!
I see digital gold can compete with gold !!!
That will definitely happen in the future !!!

There is no doubt again that bitcoin is same with digital gold, everyone can get bitcoin, a lot of markets to be able to buy and sell bitcoin, and the price always increase, so bitcoin is digital gold.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
lequyen

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:04:37 AM

Bitcoin is simply a coin, it is important to be a pioneer in this area so it is valued. In the future I believe there will be coin to replace Bitcoin and do a good job of payment
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: