Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6275 times)
coromabur

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:11:03 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Yes, I agree with you, because bitcoin is digital money that can be used as a good investment for the future and can be used as a transaction in the sense of being a means of payment in some countries but if gold is only used as an investment.
dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

I think it is more powerful then gold. If you say Bitcoin is a digital gold Huh  I say yes Bitcoin is a digital gold. It's more powerful and more expensive than ordinary gold. There is one difference between Bitcoin and gold that gold prices are usually a fixed one. some time, its price goes up and down But it is very small. On the other hand, If once the price of bitcoin starts to rise, it can't be said where it is stop exactly. Some time Bitcoin price is going to low but its not for a very long time. so Bitcoin is a very powerful currency now in online market. Day by day it is going to be more and more powerful and most valuable currency in all over the world. In this reason I said yes Bitcoin is a digital gold now. So everyone should invest in Bitcoin... Smiley Smiley Smiley
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:31:20 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Bitcoin is often equated or referred to as digital gold because Bitcoin has all the same characteristics as gold.

First, the amount of Bitcoin is limited, only a certain amount will be produced. Then, Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin. And, Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not experience degradation, nor can it be possible to make fake Bitcoin.

Actually, I also disagree when many people think bitcoin is digital gold because such perceptions often make people have a wrong understanding and consider investing in bitcoin as safe as investing in gold.
Malintha1996

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:42:22 PM

Most people think so. It is known everyone try to obtain bitcoin and keep it safe as gold which in terms have made the value of bitcoin today.So it is normal to devalue a little bit as gold does time to time.So in my perspective bitcoin is digital gold

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
miraj0007

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:24:07 PM

I think Bitcoin is a digital gold, and it can also be assumed that Bitcoin is much more expensive than Gold. With Bitcoin we can do a lot of good work, today many people have been successful in doing big business in Bitcoin. So Bitcoin is one of the best in the world.
Brandon Sousa

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:33:49 AM

I think the same as you. Bitcoin is not like gold. It's a digital asset and serves as a method of payment. it is virtual cash that is completely intangible and stored online. Like a regular currency, it can be used to buy things electronically, functioning in a comparable way to conventional denominations of dollars, euros, or yen, which are also traded digitally.
Christine Tavares

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

Bitcoin and gold are different in its main purposes. Bitcoin is a tech-based product and the main mission is to be a means of payment. Bitcoin can be developed and improved in the future, while gold is always the same. Just because Bitcoin and gold are similar at the point that they are both mined and speculated as an investment doesn't mean they are one kind.
Brenda Smith

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:35:28 AM

Although I agree that Bitcoin isn't a currency and just an asset, a digital asset to be more precise, I don't think it is a digital gold. Gold can be used to make jewellery, while Bitcoin is used to pay. The purpose of the two is different.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:36:19 AM

this is not a digital gold because bitcoin is a digital currency you can use this to transact to buy and to send money so much faster and you know gold is only a thing that a have a high demand now because of the small supply so thats why the value is so much high.
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:37:54 AM

no matter what perspective you think about bitcoin. digital gold or something. all you have to understand and understand is the concept and technology of bitcoin, especially the benefits that you can get if you are involved in this industry. so you should start looking for that knowledge
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:06:52 AM

maybe what you have said is also true for me bitcoin is a breakthrough in the economy that uses the advancement of the times and technology so that this development is needed in the current era

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:12:04 AM

Yes,  you can compare bitcoin as digital gold. Because in terms of value, gold and bitcoin has a huge value in the markets but in a different form. We cannot hide the truth that bitcoin rise unexpectedly last year 2017, but has a volatile.
taquine

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:17:52 AM

This can be like digital gold even though it is not digital gold. this is a better asset than digital gold. indeed different from digital gold, this very good asset can exceed digital gold for the future. the price is faster than digital gold.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:21:58 AM

Yes,  you can compare bitcoin as digital gold. Because in terms of value, gold and bitcoin has a huge value in the markets but in a different form. We cannot hide the truth that bitcoin rise unexpectedly last year 2017, but has a volatile.
bitcoin is not digital gold, it's just that it's considered that bitcoin is gold. we know that investors from bitcoin are almost the same as gold. well, but even though like that, now many feel that bitcoin is digital gold.
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:01:13 AM

No, bitcoin is not a digital gold rather it is more that digital gold because the value of bitcoin and its popularity and acceptance all are far more than digital gold.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:05:06 AM

The crypto experts had thought of bitcoin as just like as gold in an advance version whom they thought that bitcoin is a gold 2.0 version. Well i could not argue with this statement since bitcoin does really work just like gold and in the near future the bitcoin market price will goes higher and higher as more people will come to join and engage on bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
jannatakter

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

Bitcoin is not digital gold this is a better asset than digital gold.The price is faster than digital gold.so i believe that it is concidered digital coin.
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:42:04 AM

I actually do believe in the digital gold theory. Bitcoin is here to stay. I don't see a foreseeable fuukture without bitcoin. Having said that, bitcoin is scarce too. Like gold. It's supply is limited. Much more than gold supply on heart. People like to collect it, just like gold.

So, for these reason, I think bitcoin is a good store of value, just like gold. Well even better, because btc is funnier Than gold Cheesy
I agree with you beside i think Bitcoin is a digital hoard which like the precious metal itself, does not necessarily have many practical uses that are of great value. This issue has been discussed by many experts.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

bitcoin is not a digital gold, bitcoin doesn't have a physical form like gold, and bitcoin now exists on the internet. but bitcoin does help many people to make money like what they get from gold. I agree with the OP that said that bitcoin is a digital currency which we can use on the internet but in the future, I think bitcoin can also be used in our real life. but we agree that bitcoin is the investment that we can have because we can buy a small part of bitcoin for our investment and this is different with gold which we need to buy some amount of gold. maybe I can say that we have gold in our real life and we have bitcoin in the online life so we have two type of the investment

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 07:42:41 AM

Of course, some crypto experts consider Bitcoin to be a digital gold due to some features it shares with gold. Both assets are mined with sophisticated machines and are subjected to the principle of "demand and supply".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: