Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:39:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:32:06 AM

but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
This is the problem of many people. They complain that they lost money by buying bitcoin at $ 20,000 last year. What they thought! They do not understand how the crypto-currency market is organized, what is bitcoin. They see in him only the way of gain. It's a pity, but very few people really understand this issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Testament28

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

I do agree with your opinion. Literally, Bitcoin can never be compared to Gold. They both have value and unpredicted ups and downs of its price. They differ in many different ways. But still, both of it can be an investment.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:32:36 AM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.

I agree. It has the capability and features to be considered as such, however, currently, I think that Bitcoin has a long way to go before such status can be achieved. Although it has been present for a good decade now, to me, and to many people, it can still be considered as a juvenile currency and asset, and so, since it lacks that stability aspect, it still has a long way to go before it can be coined as digital gold. Upon comparison, we all know that gold is one of those ever-enduring assets that doesn't get affect by market changes that much. Its value has been carved in stone, and the trust people have in it as an asset is also second to none. Once Bitcoin achieves those status, then it can be considered for such title.

Shiro21

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:03:35 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
I think that is not a big problem, after all the facts prove that now that bitcoin is developing with its status as an asset, people are more comfortable investing than using it for shopping. the fluctuating existence of bitcoin makes it increasingly attractive to investors, although it seems gambling but with a good strategy we can get many benefits.
hyipplus

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Yet, I understand some of the principles can be similar but in general gold in my country is constantly growing while bitcoin is always jumping up and down, so that is the difference between.
doolittle

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:42:21 PM

YAY, at least someone thinks the same as me. I'm tired of saying that bitcoin is not a currency, it is digital gold of the 21st century. My friends laugh at me when I tell them that. I tell them that bitcoin is mined as well as gold and its little all 21 million Gold and then more in the world.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:30:38 PM

The gold as seen by most metal mongers is quite precious and no doubt the gold is a value commodity. If you see the bitcoin as a golden digital asset, then so be it, if not consider it a digital currency and you are safe. Just make sure that you understand the parameters, purposes and privileges the crypto works and offers.

Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:33:22 PM

Yes bitcoin is a digital gold because most of the people had become billionaire in the previous year in the history of cryptocurrency and with this bitcoin is a digital gold.
Bitcoin can be expensive as gold, since it is in the virual world, it could be considered as digital gold. It is an asset where the value is becoming higher as time goes by.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:37:54 PM

Everyone has a different view about bitcoin, what makes people think bitcoin is digital gold because bitcoin has the characteristics of gold, can be exchanged, as a protector of wealth, and valuable.
olgafox0404

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

bitcoin can be called "DIGITAL GOLD" only it has much more prospects for cement from simple gold and bitcoin is much more convenient in its application
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

it's up to you to want bitcoin as you want. everyone has different perceptions and different goals, in this industry bitcoin is more likely to be a trading center for all crypto and investment.

Indeed, bitcoin has a great perceptions from people who really believes on how it can provide sustainable profit to everybody. With regards to trading it has an awesome ways to handle your funds in the same manner which fiat and digital currency will be appreciated. Digital gold is our hope for financial stability specially when it comes to long term trading.
matthewio

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:04:13 PM

Before bitcoin , gold was the most valuable form of money, something with real value, bitcoin was modeled after some of the unique qualities of gold sold as durability, scarcity, universally acceptable etc,that is how it got the name digital gold, bitcoin is also 'mined'
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:07:10 PM

You are correct that Bitcoin is a digital currency because this is what it was intended to be. A digital means of transaction governments and banks have no hands on. But we cannot deny the fact that through the years Bitcoin has evolved into an asset because this is how the majority sees it. Something that has and increases in value tends to become a commodity. It may be frustrating for some, but this is just how things have turned out to be in the crypto space.

Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:16:17 PM

You are indeed correct upon saying that bicoin was created to be used on day to day transactions.
But we also cant deny the fact that there are a lot of people nowadays who invested on it simply because they see it as a means to accumulate more wealth hence it can be treated as digital gold too.
What we lack right now are services or stores that accepts bitcoin as an echange to their products, there may be some that exist by they are simply not enough.
We need more of them.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:30:54 PM

Yes bitcoin is a digital gold because most of the people had become billionaire in the previous year in the history of cryptocurrency and with this bitcoin is a digital gold.
Yes for I consider it also as a digital gold, why, simply because of the benefit that it gives to its user. Bitcoin changes many lives and give hope to hopeless people. Bitcoin was also profitable and it was continue growing and developing.

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:00:33 PM

Right. If gold is appreciated in real money, bitcoin is valued as a diamond in digital money. Bitcoin is of great value. Bitcoin is bought and stored by many people. Market capitalization can reach trillions of dollars.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:32:40 PM

I think i will believe that this statement is true. Since it has a good value and its precious to the bitcoin enthusiast, maybe the value of bitcoin will increase more in the future and i think that if bitcoin will lose its high value, therefore its not gonna be called a digital gold.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:39:12 PM

One of the main reasons for Bitcoin to be compared to gold is its scarcity, its ability to maintain value in the face of turbulence (it is a better value reserve than fiat), another curious fact is the creation of Bitcoins, which are mined, I think Satoshi took this into account, share some characteristics with gold.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:45:26 PM

I guess what you really thought of bitcoin is really a digital gold but it is figuratively coined term. It is digital gold in a way that bitcoin is a valuable coin in the market and reached a $20000 mark. Bitcoin is speculative investment and which it is compared to a gold investment but more volatile.
PAES23

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:54:01 PM

This depends on the people who think what is bitcoin. It's possible for people to think bitcoin as a digital gold because bitcoin is like gold, it is limited and it is being mined. But most people think of it as a currency. but whatever people think of bitcoin, it will always remain as a digital currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: