Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6277 times)
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:11:36 PM

They thought it as a digital gold because of its value, highest value among others digital currency, and other concept that bitcoin can be mined too just like the gold we knew.
therefore bitcoin can be said to be digital gold if in my opinion the value is getting more and more expensive and can be mined as well as real gold. be digital gold bitcoin
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:24:29 PM

They thought it as a digital gold because of its value, highest value among others digital currency, and other concept that bitcoin can be mined too just like the gold we knew.
therefore bitcoin can be said to be digital gold if in my opinion the value is getting more and more expensive and can be mined as well as real gold. be digital gold bitcoin

Gold has a more stable price to be used as a long-term investment but is different from Bitcoin which doesn't have the certainty when the price will rise and when it will go down.
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:34:30 PM

It will be determined by the concept of supply and demand. The scarcity of bitcoins (only about 21 million coins) and its increase usage (for example blockchain technology)
will make the price of BTC to go up. Currently, BTC is at a dip or going down which make sense after a huge correction, but I am very optimistic about its price going up in the coming years and for sure BTC will become digital gold in the future. I believe this is a good time for people to buy and hold BTC for a future gain. All the best.
novakamena

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

In fact, gold is an object that can be touched and felt but in the world of digital economy the flagship is bitcoin and its potential is much greater than that of any other currency or human precious metal !
The physical nature of gold makes it hugely inefficient for global transactions. And this is why bitcoin is important! It is the first currency in the world that is both decentralized and digital. It is more reliably scarce than gold and more private and transactionally efficient than "modern" digital banking. This is why people are excited about bitcoin, it has the potential to be completely revolutionize money.
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:37:32 PM

Gold is much more stable than bitcoin so we can not compare bitcoin to gold. Bitcoin could be a successful currency but in the future because right now it has to work on its stability
bratuha

Activity: 420

BRINGING MAGIC

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Bitcoin has much greater scalability than gold. It can be divided into an arbitrarily large number of parts and it is faster by a million times than any other kind of precious metals. Bitcoin is a new jet money.
I think the same but very many peoples want to touch their money!!!)
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:56:12 PM

Bitcoin is not gold as the author said. Gold is a stable currency and the price is kept at about the same level for a long time. The price of bitcoin is flying up. For 9 years, the price has reached a huge amount, but still it is difficult to call it gold.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
mojo2208

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

ghfhghg
myCworld

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:07:16 PM

Gold is a precious metal while BTC is a cryptocurrency. There is no comparison between the two of them. Not in terms of payment, nor in terms of investment. Which is perfectly OK Wink
ironman01

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:08:22 PM

It is the trend for the moment but not the gold yet. The stability of its price and its popularity will show whether it can be a digital gold or not.
111RONY

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:23:25 PM

The main idea and motive was to make it a safer way of making electronic transactions but we the adopters made an add-on onto the technology by taking it to a whole new level and making it a digital asset.

This doesn't kill the dream of making Bitcoin a safer means of making transactions. There are companies and stores accepting BTC as a form of payment.
Papaczed

Activity: 378

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:20:44 AM

Well, the main idea and motive was to make it a safer way of making electronic transactions but we the adopters made an add-on onto the technology by taking it to a whole new level and making it a digital asset. This doesn't kill the dream of making Bitcoin a safer means of making transactions. There are companies and stores accepting BTC as a form of payment.

I agree with the statement above. Many times  bitcoin is being labeled  as digital gold for the reason that it frequently compared to it. Some crypto userssaid that both bitcoin and gold are assets and the value of it are increasing as time passed by.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ONDOYFLORES

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:01:01 AM

For me bitcoin is not consider a digital gold ,bitcoin is used to buy goods paying bills etc.  and the value of bitcoin goes ups and down but the price of gold from time to time goes up always .
minymax1212
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:05:26 AM

No. Bitcoin is not digital gold. as far as I know. In 1994, A very first cryptocurrency - or you can called something like virtual gold named DIGIGOLD. However, in 1998, DigiGOLD shut down because the world could not follow this technology. Thus, this is a history of Bitcoin. You can say that Bitcoin is the grandson of DIGITAL GOLD
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 01:11:04 AM

Most of crypto expertise liken Bitcoin to a digital gold since Bitcoin shares some common features with real life gold. Both Bitcoin and gold are mined. Also, both Bitcoin and gold are affected by the "supply and demand" principle, hence due to the limited supply, any increase in the demand of Bitcoin leads to the further increase in the price and value of Bitcoin as well the real life gold.

Panunggalan

Activity: 139
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:43:29 AM

just right that Bitcoin Digital Gold, bitcoin is a currency Digitan and digital currencies like bitcoin must advance and must be developed, we must not stop supporting this very rare digital currency

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
tadung8790

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:31:21 AM

For me, bitcoin is not digital gold, bitcoin is cryptocurrency. It can be easily exchanged with other currencies through the exchange. The value of bitcoin will increase in proportion to its popularity
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 02:40:25 AM

As per opninon of assets bitcoin is a digital gold as people are investing in gold for future and consider its a asset now bitcoin taking its place and it's now first preffrance thats why bitcoin is a digital gold.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:41:29 AM

yeah, you're right about that.
indeed many people say that bitcoin is digital gold, but still bitcoin is a digital currency.

maybe the reason many people say that bitcoin is digital gold because bitcoin is like gold that must be mined first to get it.

Timmy-tianlan

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:49:36 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
For me, I don't really believe bitcoin is a gold for digital currency, it's not the same fixed value and it's not the fixed rate with usdt as well. I think it will have something better come out and be the actual gold in cryptocurrency world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: