Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:14:39 AM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.

Yes, so true. We are comparing the virtual and the reality here, but they both exist in reality its just that bitcoin is digital. With this it can be lined up.with gold because of the characteristics it has, and also it has a high value which is one of the factor that must consider. We can say that bitcoin will not only stays as being digital gold but soon it will be the currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:26:17 AM

I think it is not because how do you say that it was gold?

The BTC price was volatile and the gold I think was not because it increases always and not dump for the most.  I think it is good to say that it was crypto in a currency or way in currency because you can see that it was like currency and not gold.
TontomHit

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:39:00 AM

I agree calling Bitcoin the digital gold. It was created to be a currency, that is true, and it can function as one, but for the majority, it is a store of value, a speculative investment, a "safe" asset, where money can be put (especially in countries where inflation rates are crazy high)

tocotococold

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:44:57 AM

I find bitcoin has the same characteristics as gold but to say bitcoin is digital gold isn't really. People invest in gold because of its safety over other areas but the bitcoin always fluctuates and fluctuates unpredictable. Its volatility makes it impossible to become digital gold.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:56:21 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, where transactions are very dependent on the internet network. We cannot equate bitcoin with digital gold, because bitcoin does not have a real physical form, while gold has a real physical form.
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:12:06 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 06:57:37 PM by lousie9

Bitcoin is a digital currency, where transactions are very dependent on the internet network. We cannot equate bitcoin with digital gold, because bitcoin does not have a real physical form, while gold has a real physical form.
there are other advantages not offered by gold, bitcoin is active as a currency with the highest crypto volume. this is even more complicated than just gold. equation with fiat is preferred because bitcoin reacts actively to exchange with very active fluctuations. the government must be aware of this.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

mve34

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:51:26 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I agree with you in a way, but I also agree with the 75% of the people that see Bitcoin as digital gold. the worth of gold doesn't vary a lot from time to time, its quite stable, so you can't really invest in gold just the same as you could in Bitcoin.

Although a lot of people invest money in Bitcoins to make a profit, there are also a lot of people that buy bitcoin to pay with it without the govenment knowing about it but there is a big risk in that because Bitcoin is quite unstable, for example the value of bitcoin went up about $700 in just 2 hours.

The world is evolving, a lot of the things are going digital just like maybe gold.
Andrey995

Activity: 115

twogap.com

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:58:37 AM

I would say that bitcoin is not gold but he is close to be the special way of talking with our money beceause this is the different world and he is above under usual money 

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:11:06 AM

Unfortunately bitcoin is different with gold, it has a value because people believe it as future online payment

lebowski75

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:49:46 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I couldn't agree more.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:12:01 AM

I would say that bitcoin is not gold but he is close to be the special way of talking with our money beceause this is the different world and he is above under usual money 
i think the equation is as an investment tool. but bitcoin was created as a payment tool like fiat money. because price has prospects to increase, many use it as an investment tool

Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:31:28 AM

A gold never you can't exchange by bitcoin. Gold is a material that is accept every country and it is touchable anybody can use this. But bitcoin is just online currency, you can't seen that and bitcoin isn't touchable. Though at this time many countries people working on bitcoin in differents way. Day by day bitcoin sector are increasing in around the world. But bitcoin can't same to gold. Gold is pure Metal but bitcoin isn't a metal. Bitcoin is can be a digital currency but not digital gold.
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:26:14 AM

If you're asking me if bitcoin is a new kind of digital gold then all I could say is that as of now I could not really consider bitcoin as a digital gold because its been many months now that bitcoins current market value is down on the drain now and I'm not very sure if bitcoin will ever rise up again just like before.
bdsharminsoltana

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:33:19 AM

No, I don't think so. Bitcoin is just digital currency which individuals exchanges it in the Internet. Bitcoin isn't visual money and they can not hold by hand. Be that as it may, gold should be possible. We can not contrast gold and bitcoin. Nevertheness, Bitcoin is significantly more costly than Gold
kaena555

Activity: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:35:21 AM

Government structures, any, will support and support only that has huge turns of the market. Photo here rumors are that they say soon there will be something that will Eclipse bitcoin.

JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:30:05 PM

For me, it's a favorable option than traditional payment when it comes to accepting payment via crypto because I accept BTC in exchange for my freelancing service. I convert them on a regular basis because have to pay bills. but it doesn't mean that I don't store them but as a gold. No

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:02:00 PM

Actualy every people have different opinion about bitcoin,otherwise in my own thought  maybe we can consider that bitcoin is a digital gold because of its important or value into the crypto world,thats why in other hand maybe we call the bitcoin a same and true value of gold thats can we see into our monetary fund in the bank but in the form of  digital figures.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
aryadiningrat123

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:05:24 PM

in my opinion bitcoin isn't digital gold. but bitcoin as a digital investment.
and bitcoin is very useful for people who have a lot of free time to generate an income.
maxy1999

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

it is the digital gold ,It's the gold of the world or the new world. Bitcoin is gaining a lot of attention in many areas and starts to see it as a strategy to prepare for the momentum of the cryptocurrency market.BTC
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:20:15 PM

Why should people be comparing bitcoin gold in the first place? To mine understand gold is an element which has gotten a monetary value because of its usage or importance. Bitcoin on the other hand is a currency but unlike our local or fiat currencies, is only used across digital devices until it it is exchanged into a physical cash. the two, bitcoin and gold are different entities and should therefore be seen and treated as such.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: