Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:39:49 PM

OK, I gotta admit, I've been beating everyone up about the online and mobile wallets. (mostly online wallets)

Looking at the target demographic for Guncoin, it's people trading firearms.  People that buy firearms, people that sell them, and people that use them buying ammo and parts.  (yes I own a few, they are f***ing addicting)

What is the common denominator?  They are proficient in firearms, not cryptocurrency.

How do you get them to use crypto?  Make it secure, make it easy, and make it better than what's already out there used to trade them.. (charging high rates up to 25%)

What does the online wallet and lightning network do?  It makes it easy.

What do all the other additions to the wallets do?  Make it secure for miners, traders, and users.

Why a mobile wallet?  Gun shows and POS (point of sale) devices.

Is Guncoin geared toward usability in its target demographic?  ABSOLUTELY!!  (without that, nothing else matters)

Is Guncoin geared toward investors?  Yes, in that it's geared for success in its target demographic. (mine it, buy it, don't count on coin for free)

And maybe someday masternodes, if they make sense.. (I'm claiming #1 right now..)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:51:55 AM

My understanding is that masternodes can help to facilitate anonymous transactions (in addition to other things potentially). Whether or not they offer any improvement to anonymous capabilities beyond what is already there with Guncoin I have no idea.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:32:28 AM

My understanding is that masternodes can help to facilitate anonymous transactions (in addition to other things potentially). Whether or not they offer any improvement to anonymous capabilities beyond what is already there with Guncoin I have no idea.

You are correct, but that are other ways to invoke anonymity besides master nodes.  And we are researching them and determining how best they fit in with the Guncoin framework.  Additionally, the current available source code for masternodes comes from Dash and is not really a good match with what he we have going.  But like damn315er said, we are on a solid path for GUN to provide exactly what the firearms community needs and will likely be able to us.  Most of them are not crypto savvy.  All that being said, masternodes in the future could be a serious option for us if the source code we draw from expands to cover a compatible version. But probably not in the next two quarters for sure, I plate is pretty full for then.....

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:32:28 AM
Merited by Elder III (1)

I can't convince you about masternodes, whether that is soon, or in the distant future, but it allows to have a few things which are usually a feature of many masternodes:

1. They can confirm transactions or "reserve" them for inclusion in the blockchain. Usually called something like InstantSend or SwiftTx
2. They can coordinate built in obfuscation either with some form of CoinJoin or Zerocoin protocols.
3. They usually require collateral, which locks in the funds, generally off the market and can affect price, usually upwards pressure. (Not always.)
4. They allow decentralized automatic voting on budget funding for just about anything, if this feature is activated.
5. You can combine two features to make transactions both instant and private.
6. These masternodes are almost always online. So you'll have at least that many full nodes working to secure the network and relaying transactions.

The budget system is a method for allocating funds from the Guncoin blockchain's block rewards to projects that support the Guncoin network.

So, for example, we (the masternode owners) could vote for proposals, such as paying Salaries to the Guncoin Core Team. Usually, that's a good idea. Others could be marketing initiatives. Owners can vote to fund projects such as a superbowl advertisment (this is an inside joke of Dash) or vote changes in the system like block size increases (again Dash) but we might not need those things considering we have 2 minute block times already.

The budget system and masternode governance isn't a democracy. Since only the masternode owners can vote, you need to have GUN to vote. Since you need to be a significant investor, you are naturally incentivized to work for the good of the project.

It's also very expensive to try to force a Yes or No vote because that would require one person or group to have a lot of masternodes. If "they" do have the resources, it would be in their best interest to keep the network healthy and to make the charts go to the moon.

There are several site listings similar to coin market cap, that exclusively list only masternode coins.
https://masternodes.online/
https://masternodes.pro/
http://www.mnrank.com/

So, there are like 90 coins that have masternodes (maybe 60 of them are garbage). That's like saying there are 2000 altcoins and tokens, but 1800 of them are garbage too.

Anyway, something to think about. There's also no rush. It just seems to be a trend these days that I noticed.

If it's not masternodes, it's forgers or witnesses, and those have crazy 3 second block times. (and it works too, so awesome.)

Again, no rush. Two quarters. Two years.

My 1911 was invented more than a hundred years ago. It's still one of the best defensive and portable firearms out there.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:44:57 AM

I can't convince you about masternodes, whether that is soon, or in the distant future, but it allows to have a few things which are usually a feature of many masternodes:

1. They can confirm transactions or "reserve" them for inclusion in the blockchain. Usually called something like InstantSend or SwiftTx
2. They can coordinate built in obfuscation either with some form of CoinJoin or Zerocoin protocols.
3. They usually require collateral, which locks in the funds, generally off the market and can affect price, usually upwards pressure. (Not always.)
4. They allow decentralized automatic voting on budget funding for just about anything, if this feature is activated.
5. You can combine two features to make transactions both instant and private.
6. These masternodes are almost always online. So you'll have at least that many full nodes working to secure the network and relaying transactions.

The budget system is a method for allocating funds from the Guncoin blockchain's block rewards to projects that support the Guncoin network.

So, for example, we (the masternode owners) could vote for proposals, such as paying Salaries to the Guncoin Core Team. Usually, that's a good idea. Others could be marketing initiatives. Owners can vote to fund projects such as a superbowl advertisment (this is an inside joke of Dash) or vote changes in the system like block size increases (again Dash) but we might not need those things considering we have 2 minute block times already.

The budget system and masternode governance isn't a democracy. Since only the masternode owners can vote, you need to have GUN to vote. Since you need to be a significant investor, you are naturally incentivized to work for the good of the project.

It's also very expensive to try to force a Yes or No vote because that would require one person or group to have a lot of masternodes. If "they" do have the resources, it would be in their best interest to keep the network healthy and to make the charts go to the moon.

There are several site listings similar to coin market cap, that exclusively list only masternode coins.
https://masternodes.online/
https://masternodes.pro/
http://www.mnrank.com/

So, there are like 90 coins that have masternodes (maybe 60 of them are garbage). That's like saying there are 2000 altcoins and tokens, but 1800 of them are garbage too.

Anyway, something to think about. There's also no rush. It just seems to be a trend these days that I noticed.

If it's not masternodes, it's forgers or witnesses, and those have crazy 3 second block times. (and it works too, so awesome.)

Again, no rush. Two quarters. Two years.

My 1911 was invented more than a hundred years ago. It's still one of the best defensive and portable firearms out there.

OK, exactly the kind of response I was looking for.  And yes, I have seen most of that and yes it is very interesting stuff.  But when I step back and say, beyond the path that we are already on, how does that benefit the gun shop owner selling you that 1911 in his store or online?  To that, I am still stumped.

But you are exactly right.  We had to wait 2 years for technology to advance to a point where we could provide the kind of coin we want.  At some point, in the future, more of these features will be able to coexist in the same coin - maybe sooner than we think.  We will always be open to them - just do not want to undo our current work any time soon.  By the way, sorry dam315er, if and when we get masternodes, dabs gets the first one since it was his idea, but you can have the next two....LOL

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:13:04 PM

As I write this, we are 975 blocks away from the 840,000 block hard fork as part of GUN V1.3.  The vast majority of V1.3 that you are running has been running perfectly so once we have seen a few hours successfully run after the fork, we will upload and release GUN V1.4.  It is packed full of new and current features that we are very excited about and looking forward too.  While there is no rush, there is a hard fork for certain items at block 850,000 (2 weeks).  It has tested out well to this point with issues either.  Bushstar has done a wonderful job for us.  As always, we appreciate your patience and support and we progress farther down the roadmap.

sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 06:43:28 AM

Telegram Channel run by disrespectful @TeamGuncoin . Would you want to invest in such an unprofessional team? I'm divesting in GUNCOIN ASAP.

Elder III

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:44:13 AM

I don't know what may or may not have been said that isn't in that screenshot, but based on what is there to read..... It doesn't seem disrespectful to me if people were asking for a new individual's credentials..... I'd be more worried if nobody inquired about the background of someone that was offering suggestions or advice.
damm315er

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:36:09 PM

I don't know what may or may not have been said that isn't in that screenshot, but based on what is there to read..... It doesn't seem disrespectful to me if people were asking for a new individual's credentials..... I'd be more worried if nobody inquired about the background of someone that was offering suggestions or advice.

Look at the flower background..

He's a gun hater that came in badgering us.  So asking for credentials was the perfect excuse for him to get butthurt.

Then he tried baiting me to attack him via PM, so he could post that too. (fail)

Then he started a twitter war, and his followers clowned him on twitter. (fail)

And, now he's posted here..  lol  (fail)

He's just trying to be relevant by having a negative effect on something he disagrees with.
damm315er

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:43:51 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot..

He also called me names (the first sign that you're losing an argument, is when you resort to name calling), but didn't show that in his screen captures.  I wonder why?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

He's just trying to be relevant by having a negative effect on something he disagrees with.

All I asked was if Electrum wallet was on the roadmap. GunCoin Admin said no. That was the end of it until you came trolling in with your credential BS.

I don't hate guns. I held many GUNCOINs until this happened.

People just need to see what kind unprofessional staff runs GunCoin that's all (@Damn315er @GunCoin Admin)

bushstar is a contractor developer. A great developer and person. I would never lump him in with GunCoin staff.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:27:38 PM

We are less than 400 blocks away from the V1.3 fork at block 840,000 if you are still one of the very few on  V1.1, you need to update ASAP.  Within 24 hours after the fork, bushstar will release GUN V1.4.  Keep in mind the V1.4 will also have a hard fork at block height 850,000.  V1.4 is a big release for Guncoin as it brings us all the way up to bitcoin core 0.13.  We will make sure the pools and exchanges get the word on V1.4 as well.  As always, thanks for your patience and support.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 05:38:08 AM

if people were asking for a new individual's credentials.....

i honestly can't think of any Telegram channel I'm on for crypto that asks for an individual's credentials for making a suggestion.

I'd be more worried if nobody inquired about the background of someone that was offering suggestions or advice.

I guess you should worry for all the other altcoins out there because not one Telegram staffer I've come across makes it a point to disrespect and troll another individual over a suggestion. The follow-up ridicule by damm315er just goes to show how unprofessional the whole team is.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:11:55 AM

As many of you know, block 840,000 came and went and there was no issue with the hard fork for any GUN V1.2 or V1.3 users at all.  So we will be releasing GUN V1.4 shortly.  Please watch for the initial announcement on Twitter and Telegram as we get the OP here and main website updated with the new links and details of the release.

This is a major release for Guncoin as it contains core code from bitcoin core 0.11.x - 0.13.x. - you can see all the details of this release as well as what is yet to come for Guncoin on the updated Roadmap on the Guncoin website.  Thanks so much to Bushstar for his support and another wonderful job with this release. Again, that to the community for your patience and support!

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 10:37:34 PM

As many of you know, block 840,000 came and went and there was no issue with the hard fork for any GUN V1.2 or V1.3 users at all.  So we will be releasing GUN V1.4 shortly.  Please watch for the initial announcement on Twitter and Telegram as we get the OP here and main website updated with the new links and details of the release.

This is a major release for Guncoin as it contains core code from bitcoin core 0.11.x - 0.13.x. - you can see all the details of this release as well as what is yet to come for Guncoin on the updated Roadmap on the Guncoin website.  Thanks so much to Bushstar for his support and another wonderful job with this release. Again, that to the community for your patience and support!

As you may have already seen, GUN V1.4 is available on Github and our website.  There is a lot of new features in this one, it should be considered a mandatory upgrade, since there will be a hard fork at block 850,000.  Please upgrade at your earliest convenience.

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:52:11 AM

As you may have already seen, GUN V1.4 is available on Github and our website.  There is a lot of new features in this one, it should be considered a mandatory upgrade, since there will be a hard fork at block 850,000.  Please upgrade at your earliest convenience.

I just updated mine.
Went smooth, no issues at all, and synced super fast.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

I just updated mine.
Went smooth, no issues at all, and synced super fast.

Yes, very good - it appears that people are a bit slow doing the upgrade.  Hopefully, all will get onboard with V1.4 soon.  Just a reminder there is a hard fork at block 850,000 - not that far away. So far, for those that have switched over - all is well.

Elder III

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

I just upgraded in about 90 seconds. It went very smoothly and all looks good so far.

For those mining on AMD, what kind of hashrate do you get with the RX series on GatelessGate miner (or a different one)?
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 07:52:24 PM

I just upgraded in about 90 seconds. It went very smoothly and all looks good so far.

For those mining on AMD, what kind of hashrate do you get with the RX series on GatelessGate miner (or a different one)?

One thing we would like to do is add a Mining section at some point in the Users Guide that shows several different configurations including both AMD and NVIDIA cards, what miners work best, etc.  We do have a few recommended miners in the Neoscrypt links on the website, but that is it.  There are lots of options and they are always changing it seems.  If anyone has a good website or document that covers this that we can include to help others, please let me know.

SpAcEDeViL
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1027

Miner-Control.de Pooler

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:36:33 PM

Hy,

https://miner-control.de makes now an update.

@DEV do you have an Discord Channel? Can you send me a invite link, so i dont forget, to make a wallet update in the future. Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: