Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

Is it possible to undermine guncoin SOLO?

How much hash do you have?

Let's hope that is a typo and one desires to solo mine Guncoin in a most beneficial way.

It is actually a very good question, and since the post got me interested, I pointed my video card at solo mining yesterday.

According to my math, and if I set it up properly, I may find a block every 14 hours or so.

Am waiting to see what happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:19:46 PM

Interesting. And in what country can I buy firearms for these coins and that there is nothing for it? I hope it's not against the law?

GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:27:38 AM

Interesting. And in what country can I buy firearms for these coins and that there is nothing for it? I hope it's not against the law?

You are free to buy firearms in any state or country in the world as long as you comply with the local laws, guidelines and policies.  That is up to you.  Guncoin has absolutely no effect on that and in all cases insists that you follow local laws concerning any firearm sales or transfers.  That being said, GUN is merely one option to use to transfer value in a firearms sale.  It would have the lowest fees of any other option. GUN owners exist in almost 39 countries that we are aware of at this time.

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:51:53 AM

Is it possible to undermine guncoin SOLO?

How much hash do you have?

Let's hope that is a typo and one desires to solo mine Guncoin in a most beneficial way.

It is actually a very good question, and since the post got me interested, I pointed my video card at solo mining yesterday.

According to my math, and if I set it up properly, I may find a block every 14 hours or so.

Am waiting to see what happens.

It's a copy/paste from another post a couple days ago..
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:59:41 AM

You are free to buy firearms in any state or country in the world as long as you comply with the local laws, guidelines and policies.  That is up to you.  Guncoin has absolutely no effect on that and in all cases insists that you follow local laws concerning any firearm sales or transfers.  That being said, GUN is merely one option to use to transfer value in a firearms sale.  It would have the lowest fees of any other option. GUN owners exist in almost 39 countries that we are aware of at this time.

I felt the need to chime in and say that Guncoin would also be the most fun option to use.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:49:09 PM

A couple of things to note here....First we did make some improvements to the reward schedule as you can see on the website of the OP here. The previous one was kind of open ended and did not make sense to us.  The new version is pretty much a standard with most coins and should make the coin more valuable in the long terms.

In regards to the Users Guide, it is constantly in the update process as we try to keep up with the coin.  Based on that, the Users guide release will tend to be a little on the irregular side of when it gets released. In other words, when we have new content, it will get updated.

It looks like the jump to V1.4 was pretty popular - a huge number have moved already and very few still on old versions.  I hope some of this is attributable to the message sent through the wallet as a reminder.  This Emergency Broadcast message is a useful tool that was added in a previous version so we can get information to GUN users as quick as possible.

Domsue

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:29:07 PM

1.4 wallet - Heads up, everyone must upgrade in 8 to 10 days...

https://i.imgur.com/qDHx0GQ.png

What happens if we can't do the upgrade? Or is this just for mining pools? My wallet is an original and I am very uneducated as to how to upgrade
Domsue

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:24:21 PM

We have had Guncoin since its inception in 2014. Unfortunately due to health and life everyday circumstances we have not been on the computer for quite awhile. We are getting back into the crypto world. Our Guncoin wallet will not sync. We are truly not technically savvy. Can anyone teach us how to get to where we need to be?? Would appreciate any help that can be given, Thanks

I have one concern and that is that your original wallet was not a Neoscrypt wallet - it was pure scrypt back then.  So we can try and see if this works.

1) Go to https://github.com/guncoin/guncoin/releases/tag/v1.3.1.0 and download the Windows self-extracting file.

2) Backup your wallet.data file in your Users/App Data Guncoin directly (not necessary, but generally a good idea)

3) Run the windows exe file.  The wallet will load and then will have to resync with the network.  Your coins should show up there.

Running the new wallet should sync with the old coins no problem!!

Backing up beforehand is always smart though.  Smiley

Another way to back your coins up is to manually create a paper wallet by going into your help menu and select the debug window option and  then the console tab....  On the command line of the console, type the command 'dumpprivkey' then your wallet address then you will see a private key generate...  Copy both lines of your private key and  wallet address and then repaste it in a Wallet.docx file and also physically print it out and there you have it, your paper wallet... No need to goto to a dubious website...  Assuming you've lost your backed up Wallet.dat file or your hardrive has crashed or files were erase you can load back your paper wallet into the network by simply going back to the console window and type in 'importprivkey'  then  cut and paste your private key address from your Wallet.docx file or manually type each Numeric Letter directly from your physical printed saved paper wallet (pain in the ass ) and your coins should appear once again.

I have a MAC would your instructions be any different?
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:33:55 PM

Whats the method of inputting private keys from a paper wallet to transfer funds from it to the V1.4 Wallet?

I will enjoy answering this one since giving out guncoin paper wallets seems to be one of my hobbies Smiley

Step by step:
Open your Guncoin wallet.

Click on the help menu, then on the Debug window option, which will appear.

Click on the Console tab.
In the lower prompt, type the words "walletpassphrase" (without the quotes), enter a space, then type in your passphrase, enter a space, then type in any number (in seconds) that you will need to have the wallet unlocked in order to type in the next step, hit the enter key.
(I seem to find that 240 gives me plenty of time to hand type in a private key, make a typo, and then try again, LOL.)

In the prompt, type in "importprivkey" (without the quotes), enter a space, then type in or paste the private key of the address which you are importing, then hit enter.

Wait for the wallet to reindex the blockchain, and your Guncoin will appear.
(It should appear in your transactions at the date that the wallet was loaded, not necessarilly the date it was imported)

You will have imported an address, with the associated amount of Guncoin.
Depending upon where you received the private key, you may desire to go to the coin control feature and move the Guncoin from that address to one that ONLY YOU have the private key for.

Also, I am going to use this post an an opportunity to let anybody know, that we are working on a stand alone paper wallet generator for Guncoin.
That is something I believe will come in very handy for sharing Guncoin, and in it's promotion.
Something one can print, load, and share.
When I talk with others about crypto currency, it seems to make a big difference if I can hand them something of value which is tangible.
I cannot give an exact time frame, but can say that we are moving forward.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

Whats the method of inputting private keys from a paper wallet to transfer funds from it to the V1.4 Wallet?

I will enjoy answering this one since giving out guncoin paper wallets seems to be one of my hobbies Smiley

Step by step:
Open your Guncoin wallet.

Click on the help menu, then on the Debug window option, which will appear.

Click on the Console tab.
In the lower prompt, type the words "walletpassphrase" (without the quotes), enter a space, then type in your passphrase, enter a space, then type in any number (in seconds) that you will need to have the wallet unlocked in order to type in the next step, hit the enter key.
(I seem to find that 240 gives me plenty of time to hand type in a private key, make a typo, and then try again, LOL.)

In the prompt, type in "importprivkey" (without the quotes), enter a space, then type in or paste the private key of the address which you are importing, then hit enter.

Wait for the wallet to reindex the blockchain, and your Guncoin will appear.
(It should appear in your transactions at the date that the wallet was loaded, not necessarilly the date it was imported)

You will have imported an address, with the associated amount of Guncoin.
Depending upon where you received the private key, you may desire to go to the coin control feature and move the Guncoin from that address to one that ONLY YOU have the private key for.

Also, I am going to use this post an an opportunity to let anybody know, that we are working on a stand alone paper wallet generator for Guncoin.
That is something I believe will come in very handy for sharing Guncoin, and in it's promotion.
Something one can print, load, and share.
When I talk with others about crypto currency, it seems to make a big difference if I can hand them something of value which is tangible.
I cannot give an exact time frame, but can say that we are moving forward.

Outstanding, it is great to see community member projects moving forward and doing so well.  Thanks so much for the detailed steps - I need to add that to the Users Guide at the next update.

Speaking of the paper wallets, these plus the mobile or online wallet to come it THE simplest and fastest way to recruit and educate new GUN users that ANYONE on this forum can do (OK anyone in a place where gun shows happen).  Think about this ......
1) You pay for a table at the GUN show for 2 days and sit there with your GUN Hat giving out free GUN stickers (Available from damm315er) and GUN brochures (in work and coming soon)
2) Someone walks up and you tell them to open their smart phone and download our app.  Once they do, you send them 1 GUN to the wallet and hand them 1 GUN in paper for that wallet.
3) Then point them to the Users Guide and website for further instructions.

How simple can that be?  Honestly, if you are sitting on thousands of GUN as an investment, you could easily do this 2-3 times per year to help increase the value of your investment.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:53:02 AM

I came across this today - an online newsletter that is tracking and reporting on Guncoin on a regular basis.  This is not the only post either.......

https://bzweekly.com/2018/02/07/guncoin-gun-raised-1-95-in-less-than-24-hours/

dwink

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:06:05 AM

Whats the slack invite link? I cant find one here or on the website.
lutuy

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:51:43 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 09:16:30 AM by lutuy

NEW POOL

NeoPool

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://neopool.net:4239 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> [-p <OPTIONS>]

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

Whats the slack invite link? I cant find one here or on the website.

PM me your email address,

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:54:35 PM

Is there a way to write to/edit a "dat" file to insert the private key then load it up?
Easiest is to just use "importprivkey" ... the tools needed to write/edit a "dat" file are more complicated to figure out.

Domsue

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

We have had Guncoin since its inception in 2014. Unfortunately due to health and life everyday circumstances we have not been on the computer for quite awhile. We are getting back into the crypto world. Our Guncoin wallet will not sync. We are truly not technically savvy. Can anyone teach us how to get to where we need to be?? Would appreciate any help that can be given, Thanks

I have one concern and that is that your original wallet was not a Neoscrypt wallet - it was pure scrypt back then.  So we can try and see if this works.

1) Go to https://github.com/guncoin/guncoin/releases/tag/v1.3.1.0 and download the Windows self-extracting file.

2) Backup your wallet.data file in your Users/App Data Guncoin directly (not necessary, but generally a good idea)

3) Run the windows exe file.  The wallet will load and then will have to resync with the network.  Your coins should show up there.

Running the new wallet should sync with the old coins no problem!!

Backing up beforehand is always smart though.  Smiley

Another way to back your coins up is to manually create a paper wallet by going into your help menu and select the debug window option and  then the console tab....  On the command line of the console, type the command 'dumpprivkey' then your wallet address then you will see a private key generate...  Copy both lines of your private key and  wallet address and then repaste it in a Wallet.docx file and also physically print it out and there you have it, your paper wallet... No need to goto to a dubious website...  Assuming you've lost your backed up Wallet.dat file or your hardrive has crashed or files were erase you can load back your paper wallet into the network by simply going back to the console window and type in 'importprivkey'  then  cut and paste your private key address from your Wallet.docx file or manually type each Numeric Letter directly from your physical printed saved paper wallet (pain in the ass ) and your coins should appear once again.

I have a MAC would your instructions be any different?

Thank you so much for your help. I did the what you said and backed up my old wallet and then went to page ! for the Mac wallet. At first I was afraid I did something wrong but after a few tweaks it started loading!!!!  Everything turned out fine and I am now on V1.4 !!!! Thanks so much

fuda

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:48:25 AM

I've stumbled on this...

https://guncoin.info/what-comes-next-for-guncoin/
>Please feel free to donate GUN as you see fit to help out and get more done sooner.
>Let me know when you do, so I know where it came from.

...but there isn't more info about donations on your site. At least I can't find any.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

I've stumbled on this...

>Please feel free to donate GUN as you see fit to help out and get more done sooner.

...but there isn't more info about donations on your site. At least I can't find any.

It's at the bottom of his posts.. 

Here is a link to one - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498671.msg30082141#msg30082141

I'll make a note for him to list the donation address on the website.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 03:23:01 AM

I've stumbled on this...

Yes, please send to the GUN address at the bottom of my post here and PM what you did so I know where it came from.  It will all be put to good use eventually with upcoming revs and projects.

Heno1974

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

soolo pool???
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: