Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:35:45 AM

Blockchain technology is an emerging area. It might not have reached alot of global acceptance but with time things will change. Currently courses are run on it to evangelize and educate the public. Check the bitdegree site for some courses

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 12:45:42 AM

Bitcoin is rapidly moving in the mainstream, maybe one day we'll see cryptocurrency, blockchain and bitcoin being taught in school, but there are a lot of articles about cryptocurrency on so many popular websites and thousand more on youtube videos, it's the most search niche in the industry, it could only means people really wants to learn about cryptocurrency.

docamvan1997

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:03:56 AM

Yes. It can be taught in schools. There are many schools where teach about blockchain and cryptocurrency. Teachers teach how to create a blockchain. Blockchain is the good technology.
ajoygb

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:31:23 AM

Thats good because the best way to educate people about crypto is in school. It is most likely that students or young people can understand the system well when you introduce it to them. Specially in school whatever thaught there they will absorb like sponge.
canhancut82

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:37:23 AM

Cryptocurrency is essentially a game only. The new Blockchain is real technology, and blockchain can grow without cryptocurrency, that's for sure. Teaching about cryptocurrency at school does not make sense.
Vicky624

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 01:38:55 AM

Although it may be taught in school as a subject but it will be some how difficult to carry out the practical aspects most especially in some countries like Nigeria, Kenya etc. But it can still be taught in school
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 01:41:34 AM

Cryptocurrency is essentially a game only. The new Blockchain is real technology, and blockchain can grow without cryptocurrency, that's for sure. Teaching about cryptocurrency at school does not make sense.

If it doesn't make sense then why are you here in the first place? Teaching cryptocurrency in schools would be a big help for the cryptocurrency industry because it would make people be aware that it is not just a fad but it is a kind of technology that would be of help to the people and businesses alike. However, people should not just learn about cryptocurrency but of blockchain technology as a whole because it is the backbone of cryptocurrency in which it wouldn't exist without it.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:52:34 AM

Of course it will and even if it isn't a standardized curriculum it already is being discussed at various levels in education.  Definitely a hot topic in many college level business classes as well as in discussion at high schools.  I've even heard grade schoolers talking about bitcoin so this topic of cryptocurrency is already pervasive throughout many schools.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:56:22 AM

Well it's interesting to know that many school are already offering crypto currency and blockchain as a course in their school, you can google and see many school that are already offering that, some of them are online school. you can enroll.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:06:34 AM

Probably in the future it will be taught in schools, because crypto currency is a big help as well for all students especially to those who had problems with tuition. And in fact most teachers as well are interested to be involved on it nowadays but had small doubts because of some accusations around the internet. And afraid as well that maybe it can affect Student performances in school.  
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:12:56 AM

I believe that majority of the people here in the forum, have knowledge of the cryptocurrency but don't know how details of its existing and functionality. Cruptocurrency is very complex in nature, understanding its origin, its purpose were really hard to understand even most people in the forum considering it is continually developing.

So, how could you teach them in schools?
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:48:56 AM

Many things we can't learn in the school it's fact. If crypto course in the school then also I don't think it impact much. Because we get just normal basic info and can't learn practically. This types of things we can learn with good manner just while doing. In the schools who gonna allowed to take risk or allow to dive in the market.
One of the problems that I see with a lot of people is that they think they are going to learn everything that they need to know in school, they do not understand that that is just the bare minimum, if they really want to become good at anything they will need to do their own research, just look at cryptocurrencies, you're not going to learn this in most schools around the world and yet it is going to give you some of the best benefits of your life.
Ankush2108

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 02:54:21 AM

Yes its a really good idea, i appreciate it. But i think it will take some time when cryptocurrency will be taught in schools or some special courses will be created specially for crypto tutorial classes.
SPdiginomads

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:00:35 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

It would be a pleasant surprise if its been added to the education system. Perhaps people will adapt soon on cryptocurrency and being more educated on how it works. Less scam and being regulated by authorities.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:01:16 AM

Many things we can't learn in the school it's fact. If crypto course in the school then also I don't think it impact much. Because we get just normal basic info and can't learn practically. This types of things we can learn with good manner just while doing. In the schools who gonna allowed to take risk or allow to dive in the market.
One of the problems that I see with a lot of people is that they think they are going to learn everything that they need to know in school, they do not understand that that is just the bare minimum, if they really want to become good at anything they will need to do their own research, just look at cryptocurrencies, you're not going to learn this in most schools around the world and yet it is going to give you some of the best benefits of your life.

both of guys were correct . if crypto would be a subject in schools , i think they will only teach thier students the basics of using it like creating a wallet account and identifying your private and public keys but schools do also have a level (e.g lower level , high school level , college level ) so the higher the level you are studying , the more advance courses that you will get . so my point is  , we can still learn the advance part of cryptos if we are on college or higher level .
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:13:33 AM

In my opinion it could be but in some countries cryptocurrency is still considered illegal and prohibited so you have to understand the consequences, it's better if you want to introduce cryptocurrency to do it online only the rest tell the people you want to teach find their own
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:17:46 AM

Yes, It can be taught in School. Maybe in future schools will also start teaching about cryptocurrency.

Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:31:26 AM

Very much even with you according to but in their time there was no crypto currency. In general, older relatives live in the past when there was a nationalization of wealth in the country. I even told them when bitcoin was below $ 2000 that you need to buy it, but I was told that this is a fraud. Imagine then that I and my family would have earned a lunge during this time. Any financial asset must be kept before the peak and then sold and this is clearly shown to us by crypto-currencies.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:39:37 AM

Actually, the demand for cryptocurrencies classes is a lot. And many unformal schools already provided it, but still with a limited sector. It needs governments contributions to make formal schools have classes about it.

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all.
I don't think the adoption is able to be improved by formal educations, Instead, the usability and scalability need to be improved to be able to scale with the mainstream. As we can see, right now The UX design is complicated that make regular user having a hard time about cryptocurrencies.
Svarora
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 03:56:23 AM

i think for a brief introduction you can introduce it to schools. but for this the worldwide government have to think positively about it. ofcourse crypto will grow because there are so many social communities, people associated with it and there number is increasing day by day. so if we introduce it in school it will be win win situation for all

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: