Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:16:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
viktoriya1945

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:26:34 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
Typically, schools do not teach financial literacy, government is need workers and not financiers who can make money, so cryptocurrency it will be possible to study a narrow range of applicants in universities at the department in economics or programming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:33:11 PM

We will definitely come to this and our children will already be studying at school and they will be taught lessons on the blockchain and cryptocurrency, but time must pass before all this is implemented

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:39:43 PM

I'm sure it will be taught in finance courses. Some universities have already started providing blockchain courses. We are witnessing a historical moment and a revolution of finance.

It is high probable to be taught in finance courses. But as to be considered as subject in high school and in university I believe it is still early to be realized. Cryptocurrency is still in its aggressive development and it has to be established well before including it in the school curriculum.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:49:44 PM

Looking at the rapidly spreading cryptocurrency around the world, we can say that it’s time to introduce this subject into the school curriculum. Not only cryptocurrencies, but all economic phenomena must be taught in schools.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

I think it is very good to teach cryptocurrencies at school. Why? Because this can reduce the chances of teenagers being deceived, and it will enable young people to better develop blockchains in the future!
I agree. It will also teach them to be more confident in becoming a potential investors someday in which will be a good way to achieved the success. This will also help to managed the time and money wisely since they will learn a lot in cryptocurrency.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:58:09 PM

I agree that in schools to present such a subject as cryptocurrency literacy, because for the future cryptocurrency, and sooner or later, every person will face the crypt.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
Mary89

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
People will learn faster than we will wait for the cryptocurrency to be taught in schools, children of nine years already know the capitalization of bitcoin, and in schools they can not teach the simplest truths. So it will take a lot of time to teach cryptocurrency in schools.
SoloV

Activity: 504
Merit: 112

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:23:41 PM

Some universities are introducing blockchain courses. The same is done by some large technology companies. I think that in the future more such areas of study will appear in universities.

Leenwar

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

If my university taught the cryptocurrency's courses, I would be happy. Instead, the learning process consists of many unnecessary subjects.
dawai asmara

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

I'm sure it will be taught in finance courses. Some universities have already started providing blockchain courses. We are witnessing a historical moment and a revolution of finance.

It is high probable to be taught in finance courses. But as to be considered as subject in high school and in university I believe it is still early to be realized. Cryptocurrency is still in its aggressive development and it has to be established well before including it in the school curriculum.
it may still take another 10 years for crypto to be taught in high school. but if crypto develops rapidly and the government responds well it will be faster. but if you see the current conditions it seems that crypto must be restored first so that it is more acceptable to the community.
but I'm sure it's only a matter of time so we just have to wait.
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:11:57 PM

I agree with you to make it taught in schools to teach those new generation about currencies that can help us to improve the economy and community. And I think it can give more job to those people who don't have a job to work in their own country that's why I believe that if it is going to happened it can help more people.
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:13:33 PM

Now I see that there are many universities that also do understanding about blockchain. if indeed this development is getting bigger I think it will also be a vocational for students to be able to learn it
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:16:17 PM

I do not think that this is a good idea, because schools probably need to learn basic things, then it’s better to talk about programming as a whole, because I think that cryptocurrency is about programming and economics
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:16:41 PM

I think it is necessary to study the whole blockchain technology, work algorithms, writing smart contracts, this will be useful for people in the future

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

Why not? But if we do that, let us just make sure that we are not doing that for the sake of riding what seems to be a trending wave. More importantly, we should try to look more and more on the deeper side rather than on the outer appearance, lest we fall on a pit many pseudo-believers and supporters caught themselves in when they entered during the time when the prices were at their highest.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:41:59 PM

There is no really bad about cryptocurrency to be taught in schools because crytocurrency as soon as so fort might be used by everybody in the near future, if the government,  all over the world would really accept cryptocurrency as part of their national currency, so it can be taught in schools.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:06:19 PM

I think the benefits of cryptocurrency are a lot. If this system is used with good things and learned from the positive side and made the basis of education from an early age. This will slowly provide a positive value for the cryptocurrency. Hopefully in the future cryptocurreny can be more desirable and widely studied by various groups. So that a negative view of cryptocurrency will be less.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

Some universities are introducing blockchain courses. The same is done by some large technology companies. I think that in the future more such areas of study will appear in universities.
- Some universities introduce blockchain because it is a new technology and it will contribute to many different fields in the future, they will soon provide this knowledge to students, which will give students more options and space to develop their careers in the future. I am very supportive of this but I hope that they will not teach more about crypto because young people are often in a hurry and want to make money early, when they know about crypto, they will know about trading and investing, bounty, they will waste a lot of time on that and affect their schooling

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:14:41 PM

Personally, I am fully confident that the time will pass and the cryptocurrency will infiltrate our life almost completely. Where we will pay for cryptocurrency services. And for many it is very incomprehensible what it is. Open courses on how to handle the crypt. Schools will teach everything about cryptocurrency. And this will be the new era of the crypto of the world.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:16:37 PM

Well, it probably will be superfluous, because why should the children know how this is arranged? Perhaps it's best to study at a university lesson, because we're studying financial structures at a university or college.

To be honest, I would be so happy if there some were financial lessons when I was at school, this is such an important thing that everyone needs to be knowledgeble about, but due to some reasons this topic is still ignored (no surprise our nation is so poor!). So yeah, crypto and blockchain could be a part of some financial course at least in university.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: