Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
great.crypto.finansist

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

In schools, it is necessary to study not a specific crypto currency, but to introduce the principles of programming in cryptography into the educational process of the senior classes, as well as blockchain technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:04:19 PM

In this it seems to me that there is no point, because lately cryptocurrencies are becoming more and more transparent, I think that in this respect we will soon come to the conclusion that tokens will be securities and cryptocurrencies will be only BTC and ETH
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:15:40 PM

I do not think it's a good idea. At school, there are enough different and necessary subjects for studying. Cryptocurrency must be dealt with, having already mastered the course of the school. This should be approached consciously and seriously.
halisakal

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
that is really interesting point! indeed, since the world updates we have to consider new subjects in schools. and i think it is more than wise to start learning these new things.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:40:43 PM

In our world, so many different knowledge. Not everyone teaches in educational institutions. We can give a close example. As far as I know, trade as a science does not exist. There are many books, videos, trainings, but there is no structured knowledge. Crypto can expect the same fate. Perhaps, crypto will be taught in some faculties of some universities.

keepandhold

Activity: 223

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:19:11 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
Read the works of Robert Kiyosaki and you will understand why school is not taught and will never teach financial literacy. It is very good that you have figured it all out, but do not try to explain it to other people, their worldview is completely different.
bitcoinerror

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:42:04 PM

Hi guys!

Read the works of Robert Kiyosaki and you will understand why school is not taught and will never teach financial literacy. It is very good that you have figured it all out, but do not try to explain it to other people, their worldview is completely different.
Not Bitcoin or any other currency, the technology behind Blockchain is the technology of the future, which can change many aspects of the global economy. Therefore, the opening of crypto education is a necessity
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:18:12 AM

I think it's too difficult for schools. Maximum as an introduction to the blockchain or some kind of immersion with the help of history, but no more.

harry_crypto

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 05:25:50 AM

The teaching of blockchain is rapidly spreading, it's a very heartening to the acceptance of consumer and public friendly coins like EVT.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:28:03 AM

I think it's too difficult for schools. Maximum as an introduction to the blockchain or some kind of immersion with the help of history, but no more.
not difficult, blockchain technology is just a little complicated and more dedication is needed to learn it.
oioi

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:36:35 AM

I know in Malaysia that it has been introduced to elementary school children about cryptocurrency,
even though it is only limited to understanding what Bitcoin and its creators are, and staying large
for the future of cryptocurrency will definitely enter the school curriculum,

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:38:51 AM

If crypto is taught in school is a good and interesting thing, in this case students can learn about bitcoin so that it will not happen with a negative response.
Teachings about bitcoin will provide benefits as well as lessons in banking. Global knowledge about bitcoin will support the advancement of time and technology.
it's a good thing to teach, I've heard also about bitcoin from my economics lecturer, but it's not a special class for crypto,
but only economic subjects that are inserted some information about bitcoin, I think it's also a good thing to introduce bitcoin
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:32:04 AM

Hi guys!

I clicked this post cuz it's soooo interesting topic. I think cryptocurrency to be taught in school in the far future like economy? or it can be the main part of economy as well Smiley

3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:40:23 AM

Hi guys!

u can try explain them in the easy way just liked, in past hundred years there was no computer no internet and maybe no paper money, but why now we have it? different generation, everything was changed. We forced to follow how the world changed  Wink
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:15:53 AM

That's awesome! I believe that there should be significant changes in the global education system and if the lessons on cryptocurrency are really taught, it will be a huge engine in the world. I am sure that then our lives will change completely
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:31:56 AM

leave aside cryptocurrency, the blockchain education should be first taught in school. After that cryptocurrency which works on top of the blockchain. Directing students first towards cryptocurrency only will only create spirit to just earn cryptocurrency in them which will lead in lessen the interest among them regarding the education of blockchain. The students should be educated about technology that how it is changing the world and how it can benefit in future to human and in all business sectors, not to just earn.
olayadave

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:59:23 AM

Crypto Currency teaching in schools can be of great help to young people early on to learn the crypto currency. It can be a great help to young people because it can be one of the most important changes in their lives.
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:38:10 AM

Why not? Although the question is, what kind of subject will it be in our schools? After all, it can be as a separate subject or part of computer science.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:57:26 PM

The school is always blatantly back in accepting new technologies, especially since bitcoin still has many controversial aspects, and few risk talking about it.
But sooner or later, it will happen, it is inevitable

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:18:59 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 01:03:07 AM by TonixGaming_14

How can cryptocurrency be taught in schools?
I still understand blockchain technology may somehow appear in the school curriculum, but cryptocurrency... Only if it's in history class.
In mathematics, pupils need to teach the basics of cryptography.
In computer science lessons, pupils should be told about smart contracts and mining algorithms Grin

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: