Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:23:51 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

Your suggestion is an interesting one,to create massive adoption of cryptocurrency in the world, all we need is to create awareness in our school system especially in our high schools,by incorporating cryptocurrency courses in our school curriculum,that will help lay a good foundation for our young ones eg we can create blockchain technology 101 as a course.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:35:34 PM

I think it will be too early for students to learn crypto. It's better to study after school, children don't have enough information to study crypto, maybe only the basic things.
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:37:00 PM

Crypto currency is totally fully advanced system and understand to this system every body should have to get knowledge from any expert or any institutions because this system not explained in just one day or months. But now crypto is not in regular use and there is not full supporter to taught. But crypto currency teach will help to all new body in the future and will the best use in coming time.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

Well, if crypto currency will be used by everyone in the future. I think self awareness is really needed. However, for it to be part of the school curriculum, crypto currency should be first be approved by the government, which is we all we know not happening today.
newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:51:32 PM

I am sure that teaching crypto in schools is a brilliant idea and I recommend it to happen. In my country they don't teach it in school but I would be happy if one day they will stat talking about it.
andrey755

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:51:50 PM

Hi guys!

No one in schools will teach cryptocurrency, can only many years later, and will be taught to work with the keyboard at a higher level and all the people themselves will learn faster by trial and error, and their most important teacher will be the desire to learn.
Dwey

Activity: 251
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:53:19 PM

Yes. You should definitely teach this at your school since everyone deserves to be updated to the most recent trends in knowledge across the globe. Bitcoins happen to be the biggest thing in the financial world and have broad applications with some speculations that it may even become the reserve currency of the world
HectorAlden

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:02:17 PM

Hi guys!

Honestly, if Cryptocurrency is taught in schools it would be great as it is a good idea. Students will be able to learn about coins like Paragon, Power ledger and Cardano which is pretty good.
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

Hi guys!

It would be great if crypto was introduced into education. However, that is very difficult . Only when crypto explodes makes people interested and wants to own it, using crypto to trade on a regular basis and treat it as a formal asset. If that happens then I think they will put crypto into education
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:19:51 PM

Cryptocurrency is not a course which can be taught in school , this has to do with computer science and programming code, which we have many of them already, so it is only left to any business ventures to integrate blockchain technology in to his business by decentralizing the product I form of cryptocurrency and as more people are getting use to the then it will be every where,
TitsiCoiner

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:21:38 PM

If the introduction of this type of training will occur in our schools, it will not be very soon, as many do not take Bitcoin and cryptocurrency seriously.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
  ▂▃▅▆█ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram █▆▅▃▂
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

Blockchain technology is an already recognized and rapidly expanding product of technological changes in the world. Cryptocurrencies are one of the elements of the blockchain technology. I think that blockchain and related areas, including cryptocurrencies, should be studied at first in schools.
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:23:02 PM

Blockchain technology has come to stay and the best way to get involved is knowing the right information or knowledge about it. Teaching blockchain or cryptocurrency in schools will go along to equip individuals about the potentials associated with the crypto space. Blockchain mass adoption isn't that far.
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:25:08 PM

I think that in the future cryptocurrency will become a part of the economy and will be studied on a par with other subjects. Now our perception of the cryptocurrency is made up of news, social networking, rumors and this negatively affects people's opinions. But the modern man is curious and not stupid to understand and understand that this is our future.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:34:05 PM

Yes the time will come in future because the digital currency is booming. A lot of people already use this currency. Hopefully in future it will the main transaction system. So the basic learning should start from school.
Cryptoncurrency are next generation currency. So teaching about them is the best thing for a student and also good for world economy. Students will take serious benefits from cryptocurrency in their future. It will be the economy saviour for them in future and make them financially independent. We can teach cryptocurrency to them by making special understandable videos on them and also teach them about this by different blogs by many cryptocurrency experts and we can also arrange cryptocurrency campaigns. And the next thing is the cryptocurrency teaching helps to understand where they should invest their money and how they will gain profits in less time.
zerocashdev

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:14:12 PM

I do not think that schools need to be taught the basics of the cryptocurrency market because it is a highly volatile product at the moment and any day the cryptocurrency can slip to the bottom, it’s better to teach children in the stock, commodity and foreign exchange market  Grin
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:14:00 AM

Hi guys!

I think understanding and learning about money should first be teach by parents. Before teaching it, parents should first be well equipped with the knowledge concerning cryptocurrencies. If parents are now well knowledgeable, they are the one who will introduce cryptocurrencies to their sons/daugthers.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:47:31 AM

I think basic management and accounting can be applied to cryptocurrency investment and payment system. What should be taught should be the ideals of fryptocurrency and how cryptocurrency work!
Bosmuda

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:56:44 AM

Of course this is good news, the world of education will develop more advanced, but if realized, it certainly takes a long time because there must be rules from the government, we will see for the future whether this can be realized
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:04:09 AM

Hi guys!

Actually, it's a great idea to let kids learn about cryptocurrency in their wee days. But in the latter future, it should be vital that they learn to program their very own cryptocurrency, not just learn the accounting or business behind such technology. This way, we can develop better and it may surpass certain famous tokens out there based on features alone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: