Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
SilverCup08 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

I'm pretty sure crypto will be taught in schools in several years, not as a single subject but at least as a part of economy\banking\computer science course.
There are already teachers' initiatives who decided to give their students some info about blokchain and cryptocurrencies (I heard about this in some British schools). These courses are not obligatory, but they give the evidence of a rising interest in crypto, especially with the new generation.
Yep I think that the European countries are the one that are more open and liberated about cryptocurrencies and it's really good to know that they are at least already introducing it in school. It does not really have to be an individual subject like what you said but it's good enough to do some basic ideas teaching.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:58:10 PM

Definitely yes! Both the crypto coins and the blockchain system should be taught in schools. I wish I could go to school where I live, even though it's a school. But unfortunately.
I agree. Both cryptocurrency and blockchain should be taught in schools. Both has ever fast rate of changing technology and one won't work without the other so it goes without saying that the knowledge about them should come together. Unfortunately, not so many thinks of it that way.
dadisde
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:01:11 PM

I think that in the nearest future the crypto currencies will become mass adopted and it would be a must for every university to taught about crypto. But we need governments adoption to start to taught crypto in schools and this will be a very long term process.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I think it is reasonable. If all the universities offer a new one, Blockchain technology, the future of Crypto will certainly be great. I always wait for real news from the US and Japan. I hope the two countries will lead in the education trend on Blockchain technology.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I totally agree when it becomes a subject and teach the student how cryptocurrency works and on whats the goodness of earning money in here not by only earning but all of the features that crypto have. I think its better to be taught and inclined in the subject economics since cryptocurrency can help economy of a certain country.
That's right. At least include in courses related to finance. Other than Economics course, it's could also be included in other courses  like accounting, business administration and more. It's a great foundation for the future of the next generation who might be interested in investments and businesses.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

Hi guys!

I think it is reasonable. If all the universities offer a new one, Blockchain technology, the future of Crypto will certainly be great. I always wait for real news from the US and Japan. I hope the two countries will lead in the education trend on Blockchain technology.
I couldn't agree more. A new blockchain technology that will make all things interconnected including of course the cryptocurrencies will revolutionize this technology and what better way to learn about it but from schools.
You might also want to lookout for news from European countries. From what I know, they are the ones more open to the idea of teaching cryptocurrencies in school.
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:09:04 PM

Crypto is an idea in my opinion whose time has come and to FasTrack mass adoption taking crypto to the ivory towers is an encouraging move. I agree it should be taught in school
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

I think that someday it will definitely happen and schools will talk about cryptocurrency. But before that happens, cryptocurrencies must become a truly mass phenomenon. The market is still too young and tools for simple interaction with cryptocurrency are not ready for users far from technologies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

I think that someday it will definitely happen and schools will talk about cryptocurrency. But before that happens, cryptocurrencies must become a truly mass phenomenon. The market is still too young and tools for simple interaction with cryptocurrency are not ready for users far from technologies.
People are only interested in Blockchain technology and very few people in the school are interested in the coins in this market. I think the application of Blockchain technology is absolutely necessary as it can help our lives and if you are a passionate programmer of this technology then surely you will have a good future.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:08:34 PM

The cryptocurrency taught in the school is inevitable, because now with the popularity of the blockchain, people have to give more emphasis to encryption, especially than Bitcoin, which is definitely a great creation in the history of human finance, any learning Financial people should know something about it.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

Hi guys!

I totally agree when it becomes a subject and teach the student how cryptocurrency works and on whats the goodness of earning money in here not by only earning but all of the features that crypto have. I think its better to be taught and inclined in the subject economics since cryptocurrency can help economy of a certain country.
That's right. At least include in courses related to finance. Other than Economics course, it's could also be included in other courses  like accounting, business administration and more. It's a great foundation for the future of the next generation who might be interested in investments and businesses.

Good idea, it's time for schools to provide an easy and safe way to make payments, I'm sure if the school uses crypto then there will be many benefits that can be obtained.

Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:36:36 PM

It baffles me why some people are just too negative about Cryptocurrency. Even when some of them makes money through it, they still find it very difficult to change their thoughts about it. Kudos to early investors in Bitcoin who believed it at the initial stage when there's no any tangible testimony.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:07:28 AM

I think that in the nearest future the crypto currencies will become mass adopted and it would be a must for every university to taught about crypto. But we need governments adoption to start to taught crypto in schools and this will be a very long term process.

Exactly. The initiative to teach cryptocurrencies in schools should come from those in authority or at least they should approve it. You are right, time will come that there will be a mass adoption for it. Are they going to wait for it before they teach people about it?
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

Crypto is an idea in my opinion whose time has come and to FasTrack mass adoption taking crypto to the ivory towers is an encouraging move. I agree it should be taught in school
Indeed it is. This is very well said. Indeed the time has come to bring cryptos to the Ivory towers. Unfortunately, those who can make it happen do not look at it that way therefore, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Both teaching it in schools and taking it to a higher level.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:20:11 AM

I agree. Truly someday it will be part of the academic curriculum but until then, mass adoption will be hard to achieve if only a few people knows about it. While I agree that the technology for it still needs a lot of improvements, the younger generation should already learn the basics albeit of course, there's nothing we can do about it to implement it.
akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:21:41 AM

Yes, I think this is a good thing if the cryptocurrency will be taught in schools so that it will be more widely known, even if it is realized it certainly takes a long time because some governments prohibit cryptocurrency, we will look forward to whether it can be realized

cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:23:22 AM

If Blockchain Technology is taught at school, I think this is a very good idea. That way more people will be interested in joining Cryptocurrency. So when they have entered the Cryptocurrency, they already have knowledge. And many people won't be easily caught up in fraudulent projects.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:25:36 AM

People are only interested in Blockchain technology and very few people in the school are interested in the coins in this market. I think the application of Blockchain technology is absolutely necessary as it can help our lives and if you are a passionate programmer of this technology then surely you will have a good future.
Well, teaching cryptocurrencies school, if ever it will happen, should automatically includes the learning about blockchain too because they come together all the time in my opinion and they don't have to be interested in it. They just have to learn it in preparation for the future innovation of cryptos.
peregar2022

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:29:07 AM

She is still very young, but I think in the future she will be studied in schools so that children know about her since childhood.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:30:27 AM

The cryptocurrency taught in the school is inevitable, because now with the popularity of the blockchain, people have to give more emphasis to encryption, especially than Bitcoin, which is definitely a great creation in the history of human finance, any learning Financial people should know something about it.
Absolutely on point my friend and how we just wish that people in the authority thinks of it the way we do. Indeed, cryptocurrencies, not just bitcoins, will bring a new face to the financial system in the future. Surely, it will be a great tool to begin learning about it in school, cryptos and blockchain for that matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: