Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
nemesio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:06:56 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

if cryptocurrency will be taught in school, it will be a huge breakthrough in the world and finally cryptocurrency will begin to perceive differently and in the right perspective. I'm sure it will be a revolution in the mind

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

It could be a great idea, but the problem is there are too many subjects at the moment... perhaps it could be one lesson of informatic subject... perhaps
UsherClara

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:12:32 AM

Maybe in the future they can introduce cryptocurrency in school but for now it would be hard because most governments are not into adapting cryptocurrency into their countries. If they could find a way to minimized the risk of being scammed then maybe that would be the right time to teach cryptocurrency in the academe. I think when that time comes where the risk of investing into cryptocurrency is minimal, gain would also reduce.
If cryptocurrency can limit the usage of crime, it is really good subject to be taught in school. But i think you should find how to limit criminal first, it is really important.
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:15:55 AM

Well, i am thinking about to become crypto tutor Smiley
Cryptocurrency is something what might be taught in school.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 09:16:46 AM

yes I too believe it is a bit tough to make people understand about cryptocurrency but any new thing will have challenges but finally, it will emerge.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:21:30 AM

Is it true? will this have a good impact? whether there is permission for this. I think this is too fast to do, crypto currency is not so good to be taught in the school environment and included in the education curriculum
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:38:55 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

for me, cryptocurrencies are very serious and it seems to me that if they are introduced in schools as a mandatory discipline to study, it will be just the largest coup in history. a huge step towards a digital future
yurez

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:44:15 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 03:45:34 PM by yurez

Schools should start teaching lessons Savings. Personal Budget.
It is necessary to acquaint students from an early age with methods of saving money, various forms of savings;  the structure of the student's personal budget, the importance of his planning;  to bring up the skill of rational housekeeping.
About the lessons of investing in cryptocurrency, I think it's too early to say.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:59:43 PM

my family knows briefly about cryptocurrency. I bring them up to speed, because it's my legacy. I don't think schools will start teaching this soon. because the education system is far behind the present. I believe that it is our responsibility to teach our children to earn as we do.
bajindul88

Activity: 303

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:18:05 PM

Hi guys!

It's possible if it is for the content of the course, but for secondary education level subjects it seems unlikely. because the government needs consideration and its ranks so that crypto becomes a school lesson, we know that even the banking people don't all agree with crypto investments because the physical is not visible,
LuaKT

Activity: 162

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

It will be very good because people need to learn something while they are young and in schools professionals will teach them about blockchains and they will definetly have more knowledge about that. I already saw some next about that i think in malta they will start to teach about blockchain some schools. You are right. That is what we need.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
notlasttrain

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:48:00 PM

I think this is right thing to do because children should know about such way to earn money and they will be protected from many scam projects
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

I think this is right thing to do because children should know about such way to earn money and they will be protected from many scam projects

I think crypto has now begun to be explained in the world of children, because I have heard that many school children are familiar with crypto. therefore, over time, surely crypto will develop even more from now on
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:01:07 PM

If Blockchain Technology is taught at school, I think this is a very good idea. That way more people will be interested in joining Cryptocurrency. So when they have entered the Cryptocurrency, they already have knowledge. And many people won't be easily caught up in fraudulent projects.
Right, we should start with educating children so that when they are grown up they already know all the pitfalls, pros and cons of crypto trading and investment.
My children are too young for crypto they would not comprehend because they are not willing.
Also, I believe it will only be taught in school when it's fully regulated by the government, they will create a curriculum for this, but I guess
there is no need because anyone can educate with proper research online.

I think we need to be around the age of 15 or so to be able to take on the crypto market. But I find it unnecessary, because the stock market is a long-standing market and more examples to illustrate the children than the crypto.
RuJuliette

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:16:49 PM

It will be very good because people need to learn something while they are young and in schools professionals will teach them about blockchains and they will definitely have more knowledge about that.

Yes you are right, many people lost this last year really much money, because they often haven't even basic knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrencies and many of them were trying to trade on the exchanges although they knew very little about how to reduce the losses. That would never happen if these people got some of such useful knowledge already in the school.

fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:21:21 PM

I think that so far cryptocurrencies are so young and extremely unstable that they should not be taught at school. There will always be in school enthusiasts who will be interested in this topic and they will be able to learn more about it if such a desire arises, but it is not necessary to teach at school.

Zainal-baguz

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:23:39 PM

that's very good bro. because I am very supportive too. if there is a school that teaches and educates students in the world of cryiptocurrency. but my advice for high school is above ..

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
BTCmasterVM

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:25:26 PM

This will be possible when cryptocurrency will be used in most parts of the world in everyday life, but we still have to try to get through to this stage, as now the development of this area is only beginning to gain momentum.
Takia

Activity: 256

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:46:15 PM

I think in future schools will talk about cryptocurrency. but in schools that will be allowed to take risks or make it possible to dive in the market. When it will be used actively throughout the world Wink Wink
SloveNing
Copper Member

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:57:17 PM

someday it will become evident that the need for cryptocurrency technology can be accepted and taught by everyone to enter the school room, cryptocurrency is the technology that is needed by everyone now due to transaction speed and convenience, but the level of security of wallet and exchange needs to be improved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: