Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:09:22 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
It will be interesting to see if cryptocurrency can be thought in high schools in subjects like Economics or financial related.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:12:32 PM

Crypto is still struggling with mainstream adoption and acceptance by governments of different countries, until that hurdle is crossed, I don't see the possibility of cryptocurrency being introduced in the curriculum of schools anytime soon.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

It will actually be a nice idea and will wish it materialize in most schools if not all. This will make the children or students know what the digital world hold for them. This will really help them to know the basis at the tender age and start on a good note.
AutisticKid007

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:23:46 PM

People from diffeerent country still tottaly blind about crypto. Some of them have negative definition of ccrypto. And it's hype spreading out rapidly instead off it's possitivity. So crypto need some step like that as you say.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:31:44 PM

There is no school to teach of crypto , you should subscribe good channel on YouTube for learning about crypto.
And even if there was a school that taught about the topic of cryptocurrencies, do you remember how awful was the school at teaching stuff? Even some of the most interesting topics in the world were made incredibly boring by the way the teachers presented that information to you, is that what we want? That teaches that do not know anything about cryptocurrencies begin to teach about cryptocurrencies.
electrobit8024

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:33:49 PM

I ask me to my best friend that "do you have any idea about bitcoin". Then surpeisingly ans me that "this a currency what's use in deep web and dark web for criminal work". Then I tried to give concept about bitcoin andcryptocurrency.
Dessy88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:35:16 PM

Yes the time will come in future because the digital currency is booming. A lot of people already use this currency. Hopefully in future it will the main transaction system. So the basic learning should start from school.

how can it be one of the lessons in school while crypto alone is not fully accepted in some countries. so it's still very difficult to develop in school children and in my opinion it's not the right way

blackwell77

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

Cryptocurrency will be added with the academical finance soon I wish. An then everyone have a concept on it. Specially which country standing on a side of crypto they can take this step as soon as possible.
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 09:55:00 PM

To me, there should be a special subject on bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The teenagers need to learn about it early in life.
ligerti

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:58:44 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

I really hope that in the future children will learn the specifics and possibilities of crypto while studying in schools. This is really a necessary condition for the development of the world society and the improvement of the economy.
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:27:38 AM

This is a good thing. They will know more about the world of electronic money. What electronic money can bring. It helps to have students have a basic knowledge so that they can participate in electronic money later. Many children will become billionaires when investing in electronic money.

I think this can teach on the high-school or in the college because they can understand better than in the junior school and they can try to use the crypto. But this needs approval from the schools, and perhaps, the government will be involved in this field because the school related with the governments. And if this is a success, then we can see that the younger people will have the opportunity to make money and save the money.
outsole

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:36:10 AM

I don't think the schools will implement to teach students about crypto currency, for what purpose teaching them about that thing? Students who are interested in crypto currency has their own way and sources to gather information.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:03:30 PM

If crypto is taught in school is a good and interesting thing, in this case students can learn about bitcoin so that it will not happen with a negative response.
Teachings about bitcoin will provide benefits as well as lessons in banking. Global knowledge about bitcoin will support the advancement of time and technology.

You will see, less than 5 years will pass, and the cryptocurrencies will be taught in high schools. I am sure that in future, the cryptos will be widely used, thus, young people should know everything about them.
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:06:35 PM

maybe it can be learned in a university while for public schools it will be difficult to understand for underage children. I think it might happen if Crypto's fame is good in the world. and many are interested in it so I am sure there will be knowledge in bookkeeping
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:08:47 PM

maybe it can be learned in a university while for public schools it will be difficult to understand for underage children. I think it might happen if Crypto's fame is good in the world. and many are interested in it so I am sure there will be knowledge in bookkeeping
Today life is very difficult and it is difficult enough for parents to support families. These problems are very much displayed on children and they also have a difficult childhood. Based on this, it is not necessary to aggravate the childhood of our children by teaching cryptocurrency, which they do not need at their age.
BTalarmus

Activity: 443
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:06:45 PM

Cryptocurrencies are already used by millions of people, and cryptocurrency market totals hundreds of billions of dollars. It is impossible not to notice this phenomenon, therefore, it is necessary to explain for children in schools what it is so as not to become in the future victims of fraudsters who sell bitcoins by weight.
Chom_

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:15:57 PM

honestly it also crossed my mind, and I also experienced difficulties when explaining to others who do not believe in cryptocurrency, and they also admire it is fraud, maybe we hope for the same subject about cryptocurrency and will bring public opinion to be positive and how important is the blockchain technology in this era
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:32:41 PM

I'm not sure if this is exactly necessary. I don't think that it is. Yes it would be a good thing to happen, but not really necessary. I think that it is something that they can learn at anytime if they are interested in it.  Cryptocurrency is growing daily, and a lot of persons are getting to know about it, so whoever picks interest in it, can choose to go out of their way to stay updated about it, and be a part of it.
makadaka

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:35:00 PM

It seems to me that it would be great if they taught cryptocurrency at school. it would definitely raise the level of education of the population in the future in the field of blockchain and cryptocurrency Wink

▐ █   CoinFast |█   https://coinfast.io/ ))
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬  [  Join the Whitelist  ]  ▬▬ ●●
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:24:06 PM

I am very happy to see enthusiasts that would like to spread the information about cryptocurrencies to everyone. But we have to admit that this field is new and quite unstable at the moment: I would recommend starting with blockchain first. Maybe if they see the possibilities of decentralized databases, they would actually be curious about it and that would be great. A young generation of developers can bring us the new leaders of companies which will have the blockchain implemented or they would actually use crypto on a daily basis. Our possibilities are limited only with the fantasy  Wink.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: