Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
Stolivie

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

As far as I know, it is taught in schools already, but it is introduced to college students in courses like information technology, computer science, computer engineering and other courses related to computer. They are taught about the concept of nodes and blockchain technology, how it works and also mining. The non-technical side or the layman's term should be taught to the masses because cryptocurrency os an emerging technology that is here to stay for the coming years. if one can teach how to send an email or how to add a friend in social media, then teaching cryptocurrency should also be considered.
I think it is good if the students know about the upcoming currency in the world. They should also know blockchain technology and the features of this new technology. But this should be in a limit and not like a subject. There should be an informative programs in schools and in that programs cryptocurrency should be taught. Students will be aware about it before their practical life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maknae09

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:56:59 AM

Yes the time will come in future because the digital currency is booming. A lot of people already use this currency. Hopefully in future it will the main transaction system. So the basic learning should start from school.

I think in the future of living, cryptocurrencies will not just going to be teach in school, it can also be teach indoors, inside the family matters. Crypto will become as important as local currency and bank notes. It will then be functional as it. Therefore, everyone should learn the use of Cryptos.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:33:29 AM

Not in the schools but in universities it could be. It will help to the youth to be more disciplined, far-sighted, smart and clever. I am only for this idea.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:41:18 AM

It could be taught with financial courses like accounting, if it would be taught in highschool, I think only some student would be interested. If the person think that crypto is scam because of what they heard in media, try to explain and let them understand well what it truly means.
lebedi

Activity: 197
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:13:37 AM

Learning crypto at schools is very early doing but in the older age like in the universities like others have said it could be learnt. It will bring only pluses.
virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:31:57 AM

Learning crypto at schools is very early doing but in the older age like in the universities like others have said it could be learnt. It will bring only pluses.

I do not think crypto at school will be a popular secondary subject, and it may be available only in some economics schools.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:51:54 AM

In developed countries electronic money can put electronic money into schools. But in Vietnam it is not necessary. That is not required knowledge. They need to learn more about science, nature and society in order to prepare themselves for life. They need to be trained in life skills.
SilverCup08 (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:19:30 PM

I don't think it's necessary to teach or learn Cryprocurrency in schools, it is a knowledge that should be gotten extensively (out of school). I won't support the idea of learning and teaching cryptocurrencies in schools.
I don't want it taught in schools either. Students would have a funner time socializing than investing in Bitcoin.
Well, the purpose of teaching it in schools is not for the students to invest right now but to pack them with knowledge about it so that someday, when cryptocurrencies are  not just for investments but are already a medium of transactions widely accepted worldwide, they are ready already.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:22:42 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrency is so important in our society for now to teach kids in school. Maybe in future, but not now...
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:23:56 PM

In developed countries electronic money can put electronic money into schools. But in Vietnam it is not necessary. That is not required knowledge. They need to learn more about science, nature and society in order to prepare themselves for life. They need to be trained in life skills.
I understand. Third world countries may find it even more difficult to accept cryptocurrencies as part of their daily lives more so part of their education system. Even other developed countries are also not accepting it but maybe someday, when the world turns digital that no one can no longer resist it. Just maybe.
Genjik

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:29:12 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I can explain a little, cryptocurrency is indeed a lot of people who do not understand it, even in my country not everyone knows because the cryptocurrency itself in my country is indeed disputed and makes the economy of the country have an impact, and moreover people think it is a fraud mode, and do not believe with digital money

🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:33:22 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrency is so important in our society for now to teach kids in school. Maybe in future, but not now...
I agree that right now, the society may not find it important to teach cryptocurrencies in school yet but when is the right time to do so? What if someday, everything becomes digital and cryptos will be the only currency left to exist? Are we then going to cram to learn about it? I know it does sound impossible but we'll never know what's out there. I've seen a website working on having a Virtual World in the future. If that happens, cash will no  longer exist. You might want to check it out in case you get interested. https://virternity.com/virternity
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:38:31 PM

I can explain a little, cryptocurrency is indeed a lot of people who do not understand it, even in my country not everyone knows because the cryptocurrency itself in my country is indeed disputed and makes the economy of the country have an impact, and moreover people think it is a fraud mode, and do not believe with digital money

Exactly the point! What better way can you think to keep people aware about the cryptocurrencies so that the society will be able to understand and perhaps eventually accept it than by teaching them in schools? The world may eventually turn digital where cryptos will be the only form of currencies to be used. Ignorance is not an excuse in that kind of world IMO.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:43:33 PM

It could be taught with financial courses like accounting, if it would be taught in highschool, I think only some student would be interested. If the person think that crypto is scam because of what they heard in media, try to explain and let them understand well what it truly means.
Well said! That's exactly what I'm thinking as a better way to prepare our youth to the future of cryptocurrencies. Teach the basics in highschool then incorporate it in financial courses like Accounting and Banking and Finance. People will then get to realize that it's not scam.
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

In my opinion, the issue of electronic money taught in schools is an interesting idea. As crypto becomes the future of finance, when the government has accepted and supported crypto, this is a necessity.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

In my opinion, the issue of electronic money taught in schools is an interesting idea. As crypto becomes the future of finance, when the government has accepted and supported crypto, this is a necessity.
I agree, crypto is the future of finance but since that is the case, my point is to start teaching it to the youth of today so that when that time comes, they are already prepared. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be a feasible idea because not everyone in the world accepts it already. I won't be surprised if someday, they will be cramming to incorporate it in the education system.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

I will be happy when the schools of some great countries start teaching the blockchain and the basics of the digital crypto economy. I think you should not study a separate cryptocurrency.
That is also a great idea which will then cover everything and not just cryptocurrencies. That should be good enough for younger people to have basic knowledge about the whole crypto industry. I hope this would be recognized soon enough before it's too late.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:19:32 PM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

Know everything is not possible. The problem is that people work day by day to work. And simply does not have time to study a little more information. Yes, even we are lagging behind, because there simply is not enough time to track down all the new trends. When a cryptocurrency enters our lives every day, more and more people will learn about it. Of course, I can't explain it even to my girlfriend. Cheesy

She sometimes thinks I'm just a blogger. Grin

SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:22:08 PM

Everything can be, but not so soon, but the governments of the countries are not very interested in that people were developed, which means that no one will seriously teach you, will give only the basics.
The basics are fine as long as the younger people are kept aware about cryptocurrencies as a preparation should someday it becomes the future of finance but unfortunately, I don't think that even the basics are taught in schools now due to it still not being widely accepted in the whole world.
SilverCup08 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:28:08 PM

Know everything is not possible. The problem is that people work day by day to work. And simply does not have time to study a little more information. Yes, even we are lagging behind, because there simply is not enough time to track down all the new trends. When a cryptocurrency enters our lives every day, more and more people will learn about it. Of course, I can't explain it even to my girlfriend. Cheesy

She sometimes thinks I'm just a blogger. Grin
No. The idea is to teach it to the younger people in school and universities so that they are already knowledgeable about the cryptocurrencies when it takes over in the financial system in the future. For those who are already working should probably just have to learn on their own. If it starts to be taught in schools now, then maybe someday, your future son can explain it well to his girlfriend lol!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: