Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
Kpapanget

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:13:17 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

cryptocurrency should really be taught in any schools so that people would become aware of it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:14:23 AM

Actually a student of mine told me today that they were studying about cryptocurrencies in their economics class (I am an english teacher).
I was curious so I went to go talk to the economics teacher and it turns out she is an investor lol.
We were pleasantly surprised that we were even hodling some of the same coins (polymath and nano).

For this situation, it was included in the class because of the teacher's personal interest.
however, I believe there is a lot of merit to studying crypto.
Just by tracing the short history of the market, you can see clear examples of how supply and demand works.
Also, the nature of speculation and bubble economies.

Not only that, discussing how blokchain can transform the world is a good deep dive analysis into how bloated our organizations and companies are.
For anyone remotely interested in economics it is a terrific area of study.

mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:34:57 AM

Well Cardano is one of the projects that pushing to the education sector
i believe after it becomes common topic in universities, Schools will have "special" programs for Cryptocurrency just like they have for Cyber Security
cliber

Activity: 672

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:09:04 AM

It's a good idea if cryptocurrency is taught in schools because this is related to banking. However, if we look at the attitude of some countries that prohibit cryptocurrency activities, it is difficult to implement. And even if we do it by word of mouth, it will also be dangerous. What I say specifically in countries that still prohibit

simak84

Activity: 616
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:07:13 AM

This is not serious. At school, children must receive basic knowledge that will be useful to them in later life.
Therefore, I consider it absolutely useless to talk about cryptocurrency at school.
However, I consider it quite possible and necessary to introduce a small direction on it in colleges. Especially for students of economic faculties.
It will be the most correct decision.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:11:09 AM

This is a very laudable idea. Crypto needs to spread its wings across the globe and to achieve this, it requires massive and effective awareness creation. Integrating Blockchain and cryptocurrency into the educational curriculum is one of the ways to create awareness on crypto.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:20:53 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I think children doesn't need to do this because what i think its a big obligation for them at an early age to handle.Even in our country bitcoin was not known to teachers,its just few of us,there is also a  big problem in accordance with the law in a certain country.There is a certain time for them to learn on but not with their age.

bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:33:33 AM

Cryptocurrency was taught at the school, in my opinion, a very good idea. However, it will be difficult to be able to enter the world of education. Because many people who don't know about Cryptocurrency and the government don't approve. So the lesson about Cryptocurrency is limited to those who already know about the internet world.

akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:43:21 AM

Of course this is a good idea, the times are increasingly modern and education in schools will certainly increase too, if this can be realized of course it takes a long time, because crypto in some countries has not been recognized and of course government approval is also needed in this matter

distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:46:17 AM

this is a technology and world development. very important for those who are studying to learn this from the beginning. I think cryptocurrency and blockchain must be included in a course at a university. I see there is university info that has opened courses on blockchain.

skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:14:57 AM

In my opinion, if cryptocurrency is taught in schools, it will disrupt their focus in learning. Nowadays school children are very proficient and adaptable to technology. When they understand the use and benefits that can be obtained from crypto, they will be curious, addicted and tend to play more often with crypto. That can be a trigger for them to be lazy in school and then quit school because they are able to make money.
11:11pas

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:21:29 AM

Of course this is good if cryptocurrency can be taught at school early, because in the future crypto will be more widely known but this is certainly not easy because it has to get approval from the government, hopefully this can be realized so that crypto will develop better

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

It seems to me that all this is definitely too overvalued, of course it’s good if the children knew what a blockchain is, but I think that over time this will be very often studied and many technologies can really try to do something for themselves.
KolayZdun

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:37:57 PM

Hi guys!

That even sounds cool. I would be happy if my children began to learn how to use cryptocurrencies and give them some theory at school. It's fantastic for me and if it's life I'll be very happy

deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

Actually I've heard about blockchain courses in a few schools but not cryptocurrency per say. Like you mentioned, it will be wise if crypto is taught in schools in my own opinion too. Something shocked me last week, I saw an exam paper of a popular professional body, ICAN (which is an accounting professional exam) and guess what, one section was about bitcoin, ethereum and ripple. If crypto can be taught in schools, the scam notion will reduce and general acceptance will also increase.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:21:21 PM

The adoption of cryptocurrency will lead to lots of development and growth of cryptocurrency. The Cryptocurrency education will be one the sort after service and cryptocurrency is successfully become adopted, The cryptocurrency will definitely be taught in school!
vike

Activity: 411