Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:37:51 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
Being a bounty hunters we can't argue with those rules from bounty managers as the can change it anytime. If you don't want to undergo KYC, then join on those campaign that in the early stage they declare no KYC. For me, doing KYC on the bounty hunters will limit those participants that has multi account. Although this will not totally eliminate cheaters but this will minimize.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:42:01 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I do not agree with you, maybe KYC can prevent farmers from multiplying multiple accounts in one ico. and this happens a lot, even I see that there are many who use signatures but don't do their jobs as they should and only do social media reports. I think we need self-reflection

You are likely right about cheaters. Some people might misuse bounty campaigns. Also, the team can make any rule about bounties. But everything must be clear before registration. If KYC is required, participants should be informed before they participate in the campaign. Also, it should be done before they start to spend their time.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:44:25 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers.
I guess there could be more strict KYC procedure for workers(even if they are "part time") than for investors because people who advertise project are more responsible than people who invest money in it. If I am wrong in terms of law correct me please.
But this doesn't mean I support KYC at all, just simple addition.
Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
Imagine how may fake ICOs will launch bounty topics just to receive bounty hunter's id's. And there is no need to wait till bounty campaign end Smiley Wrong.

And I really don't understand one thing - why KYC is even required. For governments? What does this mean?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

KYC aims to stop scammers and cheaters. And KYC will ask when that campaign is open, your mission is to read and if you accept KYC then you have the right to participate in that campaign. If you don't like it then you can ignore it. If the KYC announcement occurs after the campaign is over, then the campaign is definitely a scam

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:46:06 PM

I do not agree with you, maybe KYC can prevent farmers from multiplying multiple accounts in one ico. and this happens a lot, even I see that there are many who use signatures but don't do their jobs as they should and only do social media reports. I think we need self-reflection

You are likely right about cheaters. Some people might misuse bounty campaigns. Also, the team can make any rule about bounties. But everything must be clear before registration. If KYC is required, participants should be informed before they participate in the campaign. Also, it should be done before they start to spend their time.
usually bounty manager announced about KYC in their bounty thread.but most bounty hunter lazy to read bounty thread correctly.they just in hurry working bounty task , but did not read spesific rules.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:47:43 PM

I am of the opinion that the KYC procedure for bounty hunters is a useless thing. Investors are one thing, but bountists are another thing, they do not sign any contracts and work on their own peril and risk.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:51:08 PM

I agree, the conditions for the passage of the KYS should be announced at the beginning of the project.
Although the procedure is not a problem, but when they talk about its necessity after the end of the work of the hunter - it suggests that they carry out the "sifting"

salad daging

Activity: 1666
Merit: 800

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Yes, that is not fair enough, because after the bounty hunters work, they are only required to verify KYC and not all can graduate, because KYC is supposed to be one of the initial requirements to join the bounty, so only bounty hunters meet the requirements that can joining the bounty, there will be no more bounty hunters who don't get tokens because they don't pass the KYC

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jusertvaz

Activity: 428
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

Last year I didn't even know, what is KYC, but somehow after participating in one of the bounty I had to pass it. It did not take long and I was paid tokens. Why on the stock exchange it is possible to pass KYC and after participation in the bounty of the company you get to do this very difficult? Your data is most likely useless from the scams.

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:13:15 PM

KYC is a welcome idea for genuine projects, but when it is used to cheat bounty hunters, is what i disdain. We even need it at this time, owing to the fact that some bounty hunters now cheat with multiple accounts and one of the viable ways in which they can be curbed is to introduce KYC. Although there are some scam projects that use the process to get the details of people for unscrupulous acts.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

I have seen several shady project using kyc to limit the bounty hunters from assessing their reward. The practise must be frown at by all and sundry in cryptocurrency. The project that device kyc to cheat should be blacklisted and boycotted!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

You can actually consider bounty hunters as "investors", since, instead of paying for the investment, they invest their time and effort to promote the project. They are getting paid with crypto instead of being paid in cash. Also, some bounty hunters are cheating campaigns, that is why some account spammers are avoiding campaigns with KYC since it is difficult to provide all the necessary documents if the owner many accounts is just one.
delton22

Activity: 345
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:23:39 PM

yes i totally agree with you. so many bounty campaigns will host a bounty, and after bounty hunters must have completed all required tasks, the project and bounty managers will now implement KYC as a compulsory measure in order to receive your bounty rewards, which is totally being wicked
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

I think most time the reason for KYC in bounty is because of cheaters, the KYC are been perform so that few people will not take the majority of the tokens hence the token is shared to the right hunter, But what i am against is when the team decides to keep the bounty tokens of the people who failed the KYC, that's a total cheat, the tokens are supposed to be distributed to all the hunters that passed KYC.
I understand that in most cases, this is something that can really help to curb cheaters who are trying to make use of different number of accounts to cheat bounties.

I do not have problem with KYCs, as long as the project is legit, but for other people's sake, I feel it is a necessary thing for the team to at least make that glaring before anyone start the bounty and not when the ICO ends.

I feel sometimes it is just a strategy for some projects to use and dump bounty participants, considering that if they make the announcement for KYC, they might see less participants, and truly I see that as plain cheating and lack of integrity as well as lack of honesty.

md mohib
Copper Member

Activity: 524
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

KYC was compulsory for ico private customer and there are no KYC for bounty hunter. But now some stupid cheater joined with multiple account so many project decide to required KYC.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.
project owner and bounty manager have set a rule for them to change any rule as they wish, bounty participants can't complaint at all, a lot of bounty campaign require KYC at the end of campaign, as a bounty participants, just have two option, burn reward or pass KYC, but I don't think is cheat because only investor need to pass KYC before participant token sale, after sale/campaign end only check bounty hunter documents, don't pass KYC then no reward (same as investor)
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

Yes, under the pretext of applying KYC verification, the ICO team is simply deceiving bounty hunters. This is especially the case when they declare such a check at the end of the ICO or even after it has ended. It generally falls under fraud. And sometimes even the required information can not be provided. You fill in their tables, but it does not accept information, it is not clear what they want. Namuchaeshsya until it is done. And sometimes you just throw unsuccessful attempts, especially when you learn more about the minimum amount that they are going to pay for these sufferings.
However, on the other hand, quite correctly, bounty hunters are not clients of ICO projects.
 The client is the one who pays his money. The investor is a client, but not a bounty hunter. In relation to the ICO team and bounty hunters, the clients are the ICO team. They pay us and are our customers.
Liklopor

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:10:17 PM

Yes, I agree that new projects should warn in advance that it will be necessary to pass the KYC. and I think that those projects that announced the passage of KYC after the completion of the Bounty are trying to deceive bounty hunters.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:11:56 PM

I quite agree with you mate. The bounty campaign that requires KYC before registration get a few bounty hunters to participate.  It will be most fair if bounty state at the point of registration and so that bounty hunter can decide to participate or not to partake.
Cedrick

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:16:05 PM

I agree. KYC should be simple and fast for bounty hunters. Its not like we are investing with a huge money. Bounty hunters are just in for the rewards and they should be paid for their efforts. I hate it when someone didn't receive a payment just because of the delays from KYC or the admin didn't approve it. What will happen to his/her coin? Maybe it is going to someones pocket? Just asking.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: