Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I have lots of participated projects which requires KYC, but the sad thing is that they were very strict in terms of the scanning the pictures, it must be cleared and can be read, but the bad thing is that i dont have a good camera, so some of my projects were just become useless and im just helping the project to succeed in their ICO for free.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 11:15:54 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
it depends on how you view it, in my own opinion i believe bounty hunters are also investors. some invest their influence, some their intellectual property and all. I believe the essence of KYC is to cut cheaters from a bounty

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
trobbert

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:16:22 AM

Sometimes hunters can become your client, so it is not cheat. just accept it.
It is common practise and nobody declines it.
stock999

Activity: 260

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

I don't see a problem if a project declares KYC for bounty since the beginning. So everyone has a free choice to participate or not.
The problem could be  if a project changes rules to the end of bounty, when our job is almost done. I consider such action as a scam, i.e. the project just is looking for a reason how do not pay us for a work.

What should i place here? Any advice appreciated.
oleganpetro

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:17:35 AM

Look at the shadow forums and you will understand how much your data is worth. Some companies just sell our data.And it’s bad that companies can change their rules at any time, it’s necessary to decide how.
vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:27:06 AM

Of course it is very sad when asked without warning to pass kyc , but I think that many people can go , but who has not passed this risk again with the bounty that you take just do and you're lucky!
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Maybe you forget one rules that always state by bounty manager. They have a right to change any rules if they think it's needed. And usually, they implement KYC because they think there are so many scammers and cheaters join their bounty. If you do bounty honestly, I think there is nothing to worry about KYC.

Abuchi2

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

I think KYC for bounty hunters for me is okay and good why because you will found out that some people will use more than 3 accounts to partake in there bounty but with kyc it will make them reduce that bad act.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

KYC procedure I think is one of the world crypto beneficial projects. This procedure excludes fraudulent participation (SCAM) in bounty campaigns, but also eliminates people who try to sign up for the same campaign from multiple accounts for higher earnings. It is not difficult to do KYC, the only problem being the time that your submitted documents are validated.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:11:23 PM

Situations are different and I also don't like that i need to disclose my data and pass verification. When I came to the field of cryptocurrencies , I was sure that their main advantage is anonymity. But now the SEC has started checking ICO projects and all those projects that promised or promise dividends to their investors are simply obliged to pass the KYC, because they fall under the definition of securities and this information is simply necessary under these rules. But some projects are just scammers and collect data for their own benefit, because in other cases KYC isn't justified.

Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:21:29 PM

Now some of bounty campaign wants KYC for getting rewards/token.
Before few months, maximum bounty campaign wanted KYC of bounty participants. KYC actually stands that participants has no multiple account. To prevent multiple account joining, kyc need

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 12:29:05 PM

I have never participated in any bounty campaign so far AND I'm not looking forward to getting into Kyc backed bounty as an older member here cryptocurrency is not selling your identity, yes you could if you are an investor because of the restrictions but not as a bounty hunter because you are not going to accumulate millions of dollars of that token.

deguzmanwacky

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

Translator

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 01:13:15 PM

I agree, I am a bounty hunter and there is this specific bounty campaign that asked to comply with KYC when it is already ending. It isn't bad but maybe just inform everyone from the very beginning and not after or almost after the campaign. It sucks. KYC is a good protocol to prevent bounty cheaters in my opinion but companies should inform everyone from the very start.
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:14:09 PM

I think that the passage of the KYC is not made specifically to specifically deceive its members and especially investors. Unfortunately, due to the large number of fraudulent ICO, the passage of KYC is unsafe.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:50:03 PM

Personally I do not have any problem to give my KYC for any project where I am investing as a investor but as a bounty hunter I also believe KYC should be done before approval to start the work because sometime after finishing the bounty we do not came to know KYC has open for some specific days If we failed to send our KYC in the that period we do not get any reward and that is the most worst thing for any bounty hunters because all his efforts to get rewards goes in vain. Rules to participate in bounties should be always crystal clear in general terms so that nobody can be a victim of cheat.

kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

From my point of view, today the KYC process is more like the theft of your personal data at your request, that is, in most cases when KYC actually doesn’t need developers, they are still asked to submit it. I am totally against it and will never give up
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

There are security  ICOs  which are regulated by the authorities and hunters are earning real securities , not utility tokens.
And they will get a share from the  income. In these cases KYC is obligatory as a part of regulation requirement.
It would be nice if each ICO clearly state at the beginning of the bounty  if they ask for KYC  and everybody
can decide to participate in it or not.
MrPao

Activity: 280

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:03:35 PM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

The project team has the right to change any rule as they wish is the most rogue rule, it is tantamount to telling you that even if we don’t pay, it’s reasonable. And there are indeed many of bounties changes in the middle or after the end of campaign rules, resulting in many bounty hunters not getting paid.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

I think you should KYC before participating in the bounty project. KYC also to eliminate many people create hundreds of accounts to join the bonus, I think this is beneficial to us
SnowDawn

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:06:29 PM

I would call it more a trick, which allows you to save on bounty hunters. I can not stand those who do not fulfill their obligations and promises.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: