Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:20:48 PM

It was convenient and fair to arrange KYC verification for bounty hunters separately from investors and before starting work. This procedure deters many by its complexity and is often absent from the initial rules of participation in the campaign. It's cheating.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 10:22:45 PM

IF the investors who pay money on the ICO do KYC then why hunters dont?
The ICO team wants to secure their place that there will be no citizen in restricted country to participate on their initial coin offering.
This will make them feel safe for their future. lets respect their decision.

But there's a difference: bounty hunters don't buy tokens, the cannot be called customers, they just do not send devs any money, the only thing they give to a project is their work; and there's no law about restrictions to work with citizens of other countries. KYC stands for Know Your Customer, not Know Your Worker.
Yes, bounty hunters are not investors, and therefore are not clients of ICO projects. Therefore, they should not be tested by KYC. However, if it is conducted illegally, then in any case it should be carried out before joining the ICO generosity campaign, and not after the bounty hunters do their work. We should have the right to choose to participate in this ICO project, or not because of the KYC audit, and now the ICO teams simply force us to try to undergo such testing, and they put us in all sorts of obstacles because they are already interested not to pay us earned tokens. This deception should not be.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:35:52 PM

It's almost like they are just delaying the process of distributing the bounty to the participants. This happened to me. After the campaign, bounty hunters were required to do KYC and most of the bounty hunters did the KYC because it's a waste if it will just leave what we worked for then after KYC the verification was almost 3 months then there is always that the pinned message thank you nothing more. Thankfully after 8 months of waiting we got the tokens.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:36:23 PM

I know it's a little bit complicated when a certain project requires kyc for bounty hunters since they aren't holding a huge amount of their coin and an investors to this. But it somehow some  ICO require us to pass KYC in order to received rewards and it's up to us if we go through such thing since we knew it from the start as one requirement.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
angelica laura

Activity: 229
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:14:04 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I agree with what you say. I myself felt a failure because the bounty didn't pay me because I didn't pass the KYC. All the time I spent doing boutny was all in vain. Now I go home empty-handed. I think it's very unfair because the way they minimize the participants is very cheating.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
dobladi

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:17:53 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
It is simple, send your 'KYC' and receive your token rewards. Those who refuse to do so are mostly the 'cheaters'. Through KYC, multiple account users will be determined and they will only be able to receive rewards for 1 account only. Using multiple accounts is prohibited in order to promote fairness and that I think is reasonable. In my opinion, KYC is not a problem although it eats up time sending, but if it is for fairness, I won't mind doing so.

jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:23:49 PM

I will not take part on anything which will ask KYC for bounty hunter job. Waste of my time to question if I will get my reward they promise, this is for despereate guys. Every week payment or no work is fair, some cannot be trusted even to get to the end of the month. And as others say, KYC is know your costumer, this is not for workers it is for clients.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:34:05 PM

you forgot one more thing
KYC is intended to identify user identity and information
if at any time there is a problem involving the user, it is easy to process legally

MAUTMALAIKAT

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:51:02 PM

right. it is wiser if the bounty lists KYC at the beginning of the bounty, from the bounty, to the completion of the request for KYC. If you have been notified from the start, maybe some bounty hunters can choose to fill KYC or not follow the bounty.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Gaggy185

Activity: 437

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:58:20 PM

KYC in the current bounty ICO campaign does not make sense at all. It's not required with bounty members. KYC is only proper for investors with a capital investment of more than 10 ETH. So neglect KYC with bounty members because this is a waste of time.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:43:25 AM

Sometimes KYC needed by developers to fill government regulation. In others perspective, if KYC needed, its means that project is legit and its not a scam ICOs. I think KYC is not too bad.

missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:46:55 AM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

That is very true and unjust. The rules they set should always be consistent for everyone to follow. Because, giving out your KYC too much early will not benefit you. Thus, just like stealing your personal identity.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:56:20 AM

I'm actually down to KYC before or after the campaign. But it is way more practical to have it before the campaign so incase you aren't qualified or deemed to be a spammer of some sorts, then they reserve the right to not let you participate in the campaign.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:05:48 AM

I have never wanted KYC for the bounty activities I participated in. Is it a lie, and there is no way to verify it.
stoxalpha

Activity: 305

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:10:49 AM

The overall trend of ICO has ceased to exist, and Ethereum prices have returned to normal. In the future, STO will lead the third wave of cryptocurrency. ICO is only an elite investment product that is not suitable for newcomers.

qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:11:36 AM

Sometimes KYC needed by developers to fill government regulation. In others perspective, if KYC needed, its means that project is legit and its not a scam ICOs. I think KYC is not too bad.

Indeed KYC isn't too bad. And there are several reasons why bounty hunters and investors must use that. Moreover, usually those who use KYC are investors. As you said to fulfill government regulations. And I think bounty participants are useful for people who use cheating a lot. With the existence of KYC, it might reduce the fraud in the bounty campaign.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:15:04 AM

~ snip ~

you forgot one more thing
KYC is intended to identify user identity and information
if at any time there is a problem involving the user, it is easy to process legally

yeah right kyc is also beneficial for both parties as it can make the process more faster .  

In my case , i am not against on this kyc thingy because i am not an ico investor nor a bounty hunter at all therfor i wont find it a hassel  but if ever i will be given a chance to invest or join on the said activities then i will only choose the ones that do not have a kyc on it because i dont also want to expose my identity online .

boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:19:21 AM

Kyc filters out the people how cheating bountie campaigns. That is why i think kyc is not bad, but it also has a different side. The other side is that you are never sure who to send your data to.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:20:40 AM

not all project that required the kyc is to cheat bounty hunters, some is a legit one
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:14:03 AM

not all project that required the kyc is to cheat bounty hunters, some is a legit one

I agree, i am not against KYC but it must be cleared before hand.

I understand the sentiment of people who are complaining about projects implementing KYC at the end of the campaign, since many of us here does not want their identity to be exposed online.  The argument is that if they new that KYC is needed they would look for another campaign that does not require one but, they believe they were being cheated since they are unable to fulfill the requirement of passing KYC and not be able to get the reward they should receive if the project does not change rule.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: