Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:20:23 AM

KYC for Bounty hunters is one of the ways to decrease the amount of multiaccounts, but it is not really effective. As for me, I think only investors who invest real money should go through KYC process, it is unnecessary to obligate Bounty hunters to pass it.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:23:24 AM

KYC for Bounty hunters is one of the ways to decrease the amount of multiaccounts, but it is not really effective. As for me, I think only investors who invest real money should go through KYC process, it is unnecessary to obligate Bounty hunters to pass it.

That's right, KYC systems are not really needed by bounties because you can check in more detail from the results of the work they have done to create other multi accounts.
dubynin1990

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:36:50 AM

Do not understand the need for KYC, especially hunters. They are ordinary workers and their work can be judged by the links to their posts, a video or article and on the basis of their quality to pay awards, why KYC in such a scheme? Don't understand what new projects will only reduce the interest bounty hunters to their campaigns.

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io
paveel90

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:23:43 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

KYC is too much. Teams are not sure about the value of their tokens, but they want me to provide them with my precious personal data. No hecking way.
bgpsq

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:26:49 AM

Know your customer verification for bounty hunters are required mainly because a lot of bounty hunters are chrating and they use multiaccounts. So they require this to protect themselves.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I personally agree with your humble opinion,to me KYC is not supposed to a big issue in our decentralized cryptocurrency community,again to treat bounty hunters using KYC, as if they never merited their hard work is quite unfair. Bounty mangers need to readdress this pending issue of KYC

HOMT

Powered by,
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:43:13 AM

KYC helps to eleminate people who use several accounts and public accounts, so it helps the teams to save some tokens. I like it, because competition must be fair.

TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:44:45 AM

I undestand it next way: if you are going to just sell tokens right and are not going to use the solution, you may not pass KYC. In other cases, you will be the customer.
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:48:49 AM

I also think that this is wrong since we are not given any guarantees that these documents will not go anywhere further

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
AlisaWhishie

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:10:44 PM

IF the investors who pay money on the ICO do KYC then why hunters dont?
The ICO team wants to secure their place that there will be no citizen in restricted country to participate on their initial coin offering.
This will make them feel safe for their future. lets respect their decision.

But there's a difference: bounty hunters don't buy tokens, the cannot be called customers, they just do not send devs any money, the only thing they give to a project is their work; and there's no law about restrictions to work with citizens of other countries. KYC stands for Know Your Customer, not Know Your Worker.
Totally agree with you. The customer here is the one who pays his money. The KYC check is primarily aimed at preventing the laundering of dirty money. It is primarily for this purpose that investors pass it. ICO generosity campaigners (bounty hunters) do not invest in ICO projects and therefore are not investors. In the relationship between bounty hunters and the ICO team, it is the ICO team that pays bounty hunters to promote their ICO projects. Therefore, the ICO team is the client of the headhunter. So who should be tested by KYC before whom?

That would be a blilliant idea - to test the team before working with them! Well, if I'm not mistaken, there's a KYC procedure for ICO teams by ICObench, but I don't actually trust this platform, and I'm almost 99% sure that the main thing that they care about is money, not real safety inside the community.

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

I think that KYC is not a problem only if it's stated in bounty rules by bounty manager since THE BEGINNING of the campaign. Otherwise I totally agree with your opinion.
jack8989

Activity: 331

StartFi

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:14:19 PM

right. There have been several such projects. There is even a project that tricked the bounty hunters into sending KYC to them and then they escaped. They sell our information to make more money. That really is a bad thing in this market. we really need protection.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MRlong

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:14:40 PM

LOL. Just because you couldn't pass KYC and didn't receive your reward so you think KYC required for bounty hunter because they don't wanna pay token for bounty hunters? LOL. As I know KYC required for bounty hunters because they wanna find out alt account and cheater whom are cheating bounty campaigns with alt accounts. I don't think KYC required to cheat bounty hunters cause there are so many bounty hunters still fine and they could easily pass KYC.
ljp7839008

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:25:34 PM

KYC is even need a measure. I think it's a plus as a bounty participant. After all, then will not lead the same person in the bounty a few accounts. Thus entering KYC in the bounty participation becomes more valuable.
AlisaWhishie

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:26:05 PM

-snip- As I know KYC required for bounty hunters because they wanna find out alt account and cheater whom are cheating bounty campaigns with alt accounts. I don't think KYC required to cheat bounty hunters cause there are so many bounty hunters still fine and they could easily pass KYC.

Do you really think that it can solve the problem of alt accounts? That's what actually made me LOL! Go google "buy documents for KYC", there're so many fake documents shops and just people who'll make them for you in Photoshop with any data (name, age, etc) you need. And it will cost you about $5! So if someone is really into using alts for cheatting in bounties, KYC won't stop him, unfortunately.

BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:57:35 PM

basicly that's what you say about KYC is just for costumer im agree, but when you joining in project bounty and the bounty is finish but giving announcement in the last campaign even every members must to complete KYC to get the payment, i think its normal, cuase rules is rules you must to agree every rules what his create.
aalavandan

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

KYC is not there to cheat bounty hunters and definitely not the worth think that could happen to you. The worst thing is when a project cuts the budget from 500k USD to 20k USD and announcing another Bounty round.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

In some cases it makes it easy for the projects to catch scammers and cheaters while some projects use it to cheat hunters, Especially when it is introduced at the end of the bounty program.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:08:22 PM

You are so right. I do not like such teams, that are announcing anything and than do not following their promises. If they are doing such things in a bounty campaign, they are going to do that with investors and with the project itself.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:18:53 AM

You understand that it's not their job, and the requirements of regulatory authorities. They give you coins and that there was not their own accounts, they request data bounty hunters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: