Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:24:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79923 times)
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 09:49:47 AM

That's really the right explanation.If any project subsequently changes the rule. if he adds a condition that it is obligatory to do the KYC.This project has a very low chance of success.

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:10:37 AM

KYC is good so as to limit scammers that use other people details to register for the bounty.  But the only issue is that most bounty don't request it before the bounty begins they only request at the end of bounty,  sometimes people who genuinely work for the token loose their reward in that process
There should be a standard for each bounty manager to implement this. Kyc is an important part because it is proven to be able to reduce unfair distribution, with the existence of Kyc it will reduce the fraudulent actions of participants who make multiple accounts. Indeed, Kyc is not entirely perfect, but let's look at the positive impact that with the existence of Kyc, a project can reduce the risk of cheating on participants who follow the bounty on a project.
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:10:49 PM

If you ask this, you should ask a standard requirements of companies who run campaigns and hire managers to work for them, first.
There should be a standard for each bounty manager to implement this.
It is one of main reasons that companies ask their participants to do KYCs, but not all reasons. Maybe some hidden reasons we don't know for each project.
Doing KYC to control cheaters maybe just the surface of KYC's purposes from companies.
Kyc is an important part because it is proven to be able to reduce unfair distribution, with the existence of Kyc it will reduce the fraudulent actions of participants who make multiple accounts. Indeed, Kyc is not entirely perfect, but let's look at the positive impact that with the existence of Kyc, a project can reduce the risk of cheating on participants who follow the bounty on a project.

Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

MYID

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:19:24 PM

This is really a true fact that bounty hunters are being cheated in the way of seeking KYC. Earlier this was not needed but now as the ICOs are increasing so does the bounty hunters are growing and the promotion also going without any hurdle. As, the bounty hunters are growing the reward is proportionally decreasing. Hence the to get the reward bounty hunters are giving their all data in the form of KYC and also being cheated after that.

distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:25:50 PM

That's really the right explanation.If any project subsequently changes the rule. if he adds a condition that it is obligatory to do the KYC.This project has a very low chance of success.
does not provide a good guarantee. where sometimes because they have succeeded, then the team asked the bounty participants to do KYC I think that was part of the anticipation of the fraud committed by the bounty hunter. all become very reasonable for the current situation.

Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:31:07 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
what you say is true sudden bounty problems are required to fill KYC I think it is feasible because from the beginning of making a bounty there are rules, rules can change at any time, all return to each other, and have their own risk

yobo2020

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:42:38 PM

Yes, I total agree with you because bounty hunters are not customers they are just a promoter, moreover if  kyc is  should be done is should be done before registration of such project.
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:43:07 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
right. They are making it difficult for bounty hunters. they know that we are the ones who need them and do not have a voice, so they suppress us.
For projects that require KYC provision, we should avoid them and avoid providing our information. they will sell our information to anyone.

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 01:17:04 PM

I think there is an advantage and also a disadvantage to kyc the advantage which helps to identify real participants in the project and also the disadvantage which involves personal information that sometimes are not safe, the bounty managers play a very significant role in this . I suggest to get the right information about the project before participating to ensure kyc required or not

bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:23:46 PM

a little agree kyc is a cheating method from ico or project to cheat bounty hunter because i see there are some projects that previously did not do kyc but when ico they finished the new rules emerge that is required to do kyc, and the funny thing is in difficult to use passport / only applies to certain countries I agree if the bounty doesn't do kyc
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:21:42 PM

Some project's kyc are son frustrating that, you might not be able to get get despite providing all the necessary delays demanded.
I have had encounter with some, who ask for live video coverage of oneself. What for?
They can still be avoided since there are so many projects that do not demand kyc.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:02:41 PM

Some project's kyc are son frustrating that, you might not be able to get get despite providing all the necessary delays demanded.
I have had encounter with some, who ask for live video coverage of oneself. What for?
They can still be avoided since there are so many projects that do not demand kyc.
In my opinion, high quality project need to apply KYC procces to their customers. It means the project is very serious and is really avoiding money laundering or anything bad. Although, there are some low quality or even scam projects not apply KYC on their tokensales.

However, I agree that some KYC proccess is really frustating and taking much times and not demanding KYC doesn't mean scam. No KYC is okay, but KYC is better.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:10:40 PM

KYC is not a big deal for most bounty hunters but the issue is that most projects now introduces KYC after the end of  bounty campaigns which to me isn't fair

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:15:21 PM

The bounty campaigns are not good for earning the necessary amounts for living and there is no need to fight for getting bounty tokens fast. Bounty hunters usually cry on the social medai groups and telegram chats about the new exchanges and they never agree with the decisions of boutny managers.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:27:09 PM

Yes, I total agree with you because bounty hunters are not customers they are just a promoter, moreover if  kyc is  should be done is should be done before registration of such project.
Bounty hunters are not customers but still, they are users of their coins and that's probably the purspose of asking for KYC even though that's still a stupid reason if you think about it. Every bounty should announce the requirement of  a KYC before someone register as a promoter.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 10:25:50 PM

I don't understand why bounty hunters are made to take part in KYC just as investors do. But when it comes to voting or making decisions about listing of a project, it is only investors view that are considered. Bounty hunters are normally not respected in groups and they are mostly cheated. KYC is one of the ways that bounty hunters are prevented from receiving their rewards at the end of the project. I wonder why respect is not accorded to bounty hunters and they ain't treated like investors but when it comes to KYC, they expect everyone to be on the same page.

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 10:28:39 PM

My advice is get your documents ready if asked then upload and wait most times ICOs can be unjust to hunters just the last minute they announce some kinda of KYC for no reason at all while they didnt announce it from the very first beginning that is seriously not encouraging at all

Kalm

Activity: 269

https://i.imgur.com/ya7OkAV.png

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:48:52 PM

Kyc is important of the all people. Kyc (know your customer). So don't share any one. Before share the kyc documents choose the best project. If you believe then share it. Kyc is people personal information. So thing and share it.

Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:51:52 PM

They often argued that the law or a kind of regulation require them to implement KYC for bounty and ICO and some even go to the extent of requesting KYC for airdrops. As long as the requirement is well spelled out before the bounty, I don't see much issue here. Hunters can simply avoid such bounty. However, it becomes cheating when it comes during or after the campaign.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 01:07:13 PM

It is not just to cheat bounty hunters but it is one of the perks having kyc.

Do you want to cheat bounty hunters?

Just ask an unannounced kyc and put a very short time limit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: