Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50860 times)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2019, 10:17:19 PM

HALVING UPDATE
If you did not already know, UPX hardfork regarding our TX Reduction, Block reward halving, and general core updates is scheduled for November 1st, 2019 (block height: 295,550). i strongly recommend updating your wallets for this update, and updates for uPlexa daemons for all pools & merchants are mandatory.
read this important news here
https://medium.com/@uplexa/important-halving-update-e30013ccac4

Any news about Masternodes? When will they be implemented and how much would they cost?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2019, 10:19:24 PM

HALVING UPDATE
If you did not already know, UPX hardfork regarding our TX Reduction, Block reward halving, and general core updates is scheduled for November 1st, 2019 (block height: 295,550). i strongly recommend updating your wallets for this update, and updates for uPlexa daemons for all pools & merchants are mandatory.
thank you for this notice.
when i could download the newest wallet version? 1st november?

uPlexa GUI Version v0.2.2 is available since yesterday.
It was updated to work with the hardfork, so you can download it now.

https://github.com/uPlexa/uplexa-gui/releases/tag/v0.2.2?source=post_page-----e30013ccac4----------------------

sk38

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 10:23:51 PM

uPlexa GUI Version v0.2.2 is available since yesterday.
It was updated to work with the hardfork, so you can download it now.

thank you very much  Wink
TheDragons23

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 06:22:06 AM

Saving up all my coins for the halving. And i like that uplexa has gone up a bit in the last couple days. Hype for Halving!!
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 08:12:53 AM
Merited by whotheff (1)

HALVING UPDATE

Any news about Masternodes? When will they be implemented and how much would they cost?

noooo not "masternodes" buddy, UTILITY NODES!! Cheesy

Last news were that they were coming in November, and the required locked amount would be 2M upx.
So one could say that NOW, a UPX utility node is dirt cheap...

Those who are not getting in now will feel sorry later, but that's what happens in crypto Smiley
CaptainBean

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 09:01:23 AM

Ahoy Mateys! Wondering about the upcoming halvening in nov and how it ties in with the UPX adding "masternodes", I know its being called something else as to avoid the nasty association that some have paired with the masternode landscape but i cant remember what it was being called?

Will a small fry like me with less then 50k UPX to date to their name be able to get involved with this?

Arrrg dont make me walk the plank mateys for the silly questions!

lol you sound like a funny guy Cheesy

first of all the 'masternodes' will be called "utility nodes", to emphasize on the fact that..they will really be useful in the network!

Then, the locked amount required for the utility nodes will be 2M UPX, but you will also have the possibility to participate in a "shared/pooled utility onde" system.
Though I'm not sure 50k will be enough, if there's a minimum stake for participating (I'm not so sure but I think I remember the minimum participation was 250k, can anyone confirm?)

Sorry i dont know how to do these quotes properly matey ha ha ha arrrrrg. I would love to know more about the stake participation, can anyone shed more light on this? I feel a coin aimed at being accessible to people with low hardware and IOT but then one that excludes those users from even partially being able to participate in utility nodes because of their low hash / hardware is a bit of a contradiction.

To be fair i be firing all me CPU cannons at Uplexa and there is no way i could get the 2 mil needed, 250k on the other hand would atleast be a worthy goal to work towards and I would feel encouraged that the way things were being setup included small fish in the sea like myself. Keen to keep discussion, great chats so far ya bunch of salty sea dogs! Arrrg

thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 10:45:36 AM

Guys, a huge uPLexa-fan from the beginning, I am wondering: Uplexa has all the right stuff, great ideas, great devs and it delivers everytime! Do you think uPlexa will ever get out of being held hostage to the sideways movements of BTC? What will it really need to get unleashed from this position? I know, we're all about the tech and not about price... But some of us really care about the price since it's what makes the project viable for the public (together with a proper usecase) and attracts more money, and thus possibilities for more development.

Sideways movement with btc is better than straight up dying as a project i like how resiliant uplexa is haha

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 12:25:49 PM

It is resiliant that's right!
Is it possible for a noob to implement a utilitynode into a raspberry pie 4? What kind of equipment is needed to run a node yourself? I'd like to get one myself, but 24h power-on is pretty expensive with my standard homepc.
thesudio

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 05:47:17 PM

Is it possible for a noob to implement a utilitynode into a raspberry pie 4? What kind of equipment is needed to run a node yourself? I'd like to get one myself, but 24h power-on is pretty expensive with my standard homepc.

There are a few ways to get it done. Id personally set up a virtual pc host using googles free service or as you say get a raspberry pi. Both options will work veey well but one day as the node gets bigger google will want a few dollars a year to make the storage bigger for the virtual machine. I will make a full instructional video for anyone wanting to set uk a utiliry node.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 09:14:48 PM

There are a few ways to get it done. Id personally set up a virtual pc host using googles free service or as you say get a raspberry pi. Both options will work veey well but one day as the node gets bigger google will want a few dollars a year to make the storage bigger for the virtual machine. I will make a full instructional video for anyone wanting to set uk a utiliry node.

That's a great udea TheSudio! Will it run on Windows too? I have a spare PC which just sits there doing almost nothing. If I can turn it to a UPX node without putting Linux on it it will be cool.

Cappex

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 09:56:46 PM

Been mining uPlexa for about a month or so and have made about 11k uplexa! I've tried mining monero and other cryptonight coins and this one is the most profitable by far,

I highly recommend you switch to this coin.
you are absolutely right bro... this project have a silent growth and the present low difficulty in mining not during for a long time.
guys the iot devices will be at daily use in the near future and immaginate your tv mining some uPlexa for help the pay the electricity bill... awesome things, silent giant UPX
TheDragons23

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:52:09 AM

Been mining uPlexa for about a month or so and have made about 11k uplexa! I've tried mining monero and other cryptonight coins and this one is the most profitable by far,

you are absolutely right bro... this project have a silent growth and the present low difficulty in mining not during for a long time.
guys the iot devices will be at daily use in the near future and immaginate your tv mining some uPlexa for help the pay the electricity bill... awesome things, silent giant UPX

Ye, when we go to these apartments this year ill see if i can get the miner going on the android tv that they have. haha (maybe i can pay back some of the rent)
Cappex

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:45:59 AM

Ye, when we go to these apartments this year ill see if i can get the miner going on the android tv that they have. haha (maybe i can pay back some of the rent)
sure bro... for example i have obtained a low hashrate with my old tv box android but they works... the android miner is extremely easy to setup just put wallet and start and this is a good thing for all the possibile final users.
i am very happy to had joined this project...
CaptainBean

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 08:54:02 AM

Ahoy matey, i would imagine that if you can afford that 0.051674714 BTC stake which is what 2m UPX is currently worth according to coin geko then you could afford to leave a desktop pc on 24/7 and the costs would be minimal? Especially as i cant imagine a utility node drawing 100% cpu if ARM based setups will be able to run them. If we are talking a i3 of the last 4 gens then the watts per hour would be minimal i feel.

Arrrrrrg.. coins ahoy keep them miners firing at UPX bay!
tybiboune

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:24:52 AM

Hi, sounds intriguing... Google free service you say? What kind of service is that? If there's a free way to host utility nodes that might be a crazy breakthrough for uPlexa...
whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 10:50:14 PM

Hi, sounds intriguing... Google free service you say? What kind of service is that? If there's a free way to host utility nodes that might be a crazy breakthrough for uPlexa...

I think he means: https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/gcp-free-tier

However, under "Restricted actions" it clearly says:

"In addition to resource constraints, the Free Trial Terms of Service describes uses cases
that are prohibited during the free trial.
For example, you may not use GCP services to mine cryptocurrency during your free trial."

I don't know if that includes running a crypto node.

TheDragons23

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 12:21:57 AM

sure bro... for example i have obtained a low hashrate with my old tv box android but they works... the android miner is extremely easy to setup just put wallet and start and this is a good thing for all the possibile final users.
i am very happy to had joined this project...

Yea, it works i guess. i dont have a android tv box at my home. i agree that android miner is easy to setup
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 06:35:27 AM

Markscheider Mining Pool

Uplexa

http://upx.ms-pool.net.ua/#

The server is located in the Netherlands.

POOL FEE: 0.25%
Min. Payment: 50 UPX
Algorithm: Cryptonight UPX
PAYMENT INTERVAL: 3 minutes
DENOMINATION UNIT: 0.01
A wide range of mining ports
The possibility of separation by workers
Customizable payout threshold
The ability to mine immediately to the exchange
You can set a constant DIFFICULTY.

Node for remote connection: upx.ms-pool.net.ua:21061

Telegram Pool Chat
https://t.me/Markscheiderpool

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
tybiboune

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:28:25 PM

"In addition to resource constraints, the Free Trial Terms of Service describes uses cases
For example, you may not use GCP services to mine cryptocurrency during your free trial."

Oh, right... Then it's 'free for a very limited period'.. Very interesting for hosting a node 😁😁
Plus yeah, Google will kick your butt after a few days most probably.
Let's not be greedy, a small vps costs $30 a year, that seems fair enough Smiley
TheDragons23

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 07:45:49 PM

Oh, right... Then it's 'free for a very limited period'.. Very interesting for hosting a node 😁😁
Plus yeah, Google will kick your butt after a few days most probably.
Let's not be greedy, a small vps costs $30 a year, that seems fair enough Smiley

Yea, i don't think hosting a node on google free service would be the way to go tbh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: