Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:26:07 AM

Gold is a very interesting element out there, but despite it's appeal, it is very hard for me to consider it money.

Its the same as diamonds, emeralds and rubys, all of them are shiny precious assets, but none of them are money, they are just valuable commodities Smiley

Bitcoin is money.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:37:25 AM

Gold is a very interesting element out there, but despite it's appeal, it is very hard for me to consider it money.

Its the same as diamonds, emeralds and rubys, all of them are shiny precious assets, but none of them are money, they are just valuable commodities Smiley

Bitcoin is money.

The only thing that makes your perception of fiat currency to be worth more than gold, is its artificial stability - which is considered a "given" in western-type countries.

For example, if you lived in a country with serious inflation or currency devaluations, you would not value your national currency. You would take gold (or any hard asset) every time, instead of the national fiat currency, because it actually IS better money than the devaluing fiat.

Billions of people live in countries like these, and for them gold provides a kind of stability that fiat money can't. Same goes for bitcoin (being more volatile). Still, if you are in a country with a weak national currency, bitcoin is almost as good as any hard foreign currency, so it's preferable to local currency.

In a sense, the billions of people living in countries with weak national currencies have far more to gain by adopting gold and bitcoin, compared to "stable" economies that run USD, EUR, GBP etc.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:47:32 AM

Bitcoin is money.

The only thing that makes your perception of fiat currency to be worth more than gold, is its artificial stability - which is considered a "given" in western-type countries.

For example, if you lived in a country with serious inflation or currency devaluations, you would not value your national currency. You would take gold (or any hard asset) every time, instead of the national fiat currency, because it actually IS better money than the devaluing fiat.

Billions of people live in countries like these, and for them gold provides a kind of stability that fiat money can't. Same goes for bitcoin (being more volatile). Still, if you are in a country with a weak national currency, bitcoin is almost as good as any hard foreign currency, so it's preferable to local currency.

In a sense, the billions of people living in countries with weak national currencies have far more to gain by adopting gold and bitcoin, compared to "stable" economies that run USD, EUR, GBP etc.

Gold is a stable asset, bitcoin is a stabilizing currency.

Bitcoin should become stable in the next 2-3 years, then it will be the most stable currency out there (stable also counts if it appreciates 2000%)

Gold will stay more or less the same, since gold is just a metal, it wont be worth more than it is, only if you find new properties of it.
It is only that other currencies will devalue faced to gold.

Bitcoin will become ever incresing since bitcoin is a currency, representing a whole ecosystem of faucets, exchanges, gambling sites, and more. If this underlying economy grows, bitcoin will grow. And it has no reason not to grow Smiley

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:28:19 AM

Bitcoin is money.

as a far as i know(joking here), the value to a thing(any thing) is given by us, by supply and demand, and not by an astronomical entity, everything has value and in the same time everything has not it

this is the reason why something cannot really be considered more worthless if one day there will be more adoption for it

something is really without value only if no one care about it
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:20:33 AM

What about gold coins? Do you also not consider them as money? I don't say about using them at face-value, but I know people that paid in them (according to market gold price) when making big purchases (e.g. buying real estate)...

BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:48:44 AM

It is like asking the difference between Apple and Orange, Bitcoin always called as digital gold, it contains the word of gold, since the value of gold never erase. Well about the Value of Bitcoin, it has its own pioneering future in the arena of financial markets.
Drogon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

In my opinion bit coin has all the properties of gold plus extra which just improves it.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:00:28 PM

Bitcoin is money.

as a far as i know(joking here), the value to a thing(any thing) is given by us, by supply and demand, and not by an astronomical entity, everything has value and in the same time everything has not it

this is the reason why something cannot really be considered more worthless if one day there will be more adoption for it

Anything that can represent value that you can use to exchange goods is money.. including diamonds, emerland and ruby, but in modern society it was constituted that fiats are money.
Bitcoin is a objectively superior form of money, still unknown to society. This is a paradigm shift that will take time.
As for intrinsic value, nothing has intrinsic value, except food, whater and shelter, because everyone needs those, so those are ALWAYS in demand, therefore it can be deduced that they have intrinsic value, because they'll be forever in demand.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 02:15:52 PM

Bitcoin is money.

Anything that can represent value that you can use to exchange goods is money.. including diamonds, emerland and ruby, but in modern society it was constituted that fiats are money.
Bitcoin is a objectively superior form of money, still unknown to society. This is a paradigm shift that will take time.

I don't think it is something that could be called a paradigm shift. I can't figure out even one conceptual difference between gold and bitcoin that would justify such a claim

As for intrinsic value, nothing has intrinsic value, except food, whater and shelter, because everyone needs those, so those are ALWAYS in demand, therefore it can be deduced that they have intrinsic value, because they'll be forever in demand.

What about air? If it has intrinsic value (which seems to be pretty obvious), why there is no market demand for it overall (but please don't repeat the old story about clean air vs polluted air)? I guess that not everything that has what you call intrinsic value, is always in demand...

Aren't you missing something?

mahi4ever

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:25:37 PM

We can take in loan for gold and can deposit in bank and achieve interest on them.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:24:53 AM

We can take in loan for gold and can deposit in bank and achieve interest on them.

You mean take out an loan, buy gold and temporarly pay the interest from your salary, but at the end when you sell your gold bar, you gain more than your loan was paid + all the interest on it?

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Btree

Activity: 140

bitcoin é uma árvore que vai continuar a crescer

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:36:06 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 09:36:12 AM by Btree

good idea but we must think about interest that Loan, better we use that gold to trade on market
if gold price up we sell on near market in your place

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:40:45 AM

Did you mean using loan to get some gold bar then put that gold bar into bank and get interest to pay the loan? If you mean that way I dont think that

your interest can cover the loan of gold bar because the payout for bank interest is low. Btw if you do that whats the point of having investment? You

will get nothing then
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:57:13 AM

you are speaking about virtual gold i guess, because it would be troublesome to move the gold from one place to another, not really practical

and anyway how it work with collateral? or there are specific website for something like that?
Anony

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:59:48 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
It is difficult to change the of people to invest in bitcoins either invest in gold.
Both have their own values ,bitcoins need support mainly due to market demand,increased investments and network effect.
Similarly, gold has set a standard in the economy and it is going to maintain it in the future too.
On comparing, Bitcoin is ideal for everyday transaction and gold is still important in rebuilding the economy. Grin

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
jones techbit

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:00:54 PM

Gold and Silver just isn't practical at the moment with how easy it is for authorities to seize it and they have absolutely no respect for personal property or privacy

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:17:51 PM

In my opinion bit coin has all the properties of gold plus extra which just improves it.

Nope, bitcoin is winning about its technology, and the speed of transcation and yes the volatile price Grin and there is nothing else

It is difficult to change the of people to invest in bitcoins either invest in gold.
Both have their own values ,bitcoins need support mainly due to market demand,increased investments and network effect.
Similarly, gold has set a standard in the economy and it is going to maintain it in the future too.
On comparing, Bitcoin is ideal for everyday transaction and gold is still important in rebuilding the economy. Grin

Its true both of them have their own values, but gold is kind of promising investment if you compared to bitcoin. I dont know what people said about bitcoin but what I do know is bitcoin is just some kind of short investment but gold is a long investment. I didnt say you can't invest both, may be you can diversify it but you must take a deep closer look which one is really worth to invest
pigzone

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:56:20 PM

Obviously i would choose bitcoin over gold because it is much more secure
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:00:29 PM

Gold and Silver just isn't practical at the moment with how easy it is for authorities to seize it and they have absolutely no respect for personal property or privacy
Yes I agree I have face this situation few months ago and lost huge amount of my money because authorities seized my Gold bars now I am only going with bitcoin for my savings
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:29:20 PM

Yes I agree I have face this situation few months ago and lost huge amount of my money because authorities seized my Gold bars now I am only going with bitcoin for my savings

How did that situation happen for you?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: