Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:01:35 PM

I remember when I was wanting to buy gold in 2008, it was valued at $800. Now it was at $1200 late last year.
Gold will always go up, I don't know if it because people think it is a safer than any other product to own.
But gold will always go up in value. It only dips slightly at times but not like the way cryptos do.

The only way Gold won't go up is if people stop valuing it. At some point in the next couple decades, if there is a point where a new currency like crypto currency takes over the world and there is no value for fiat currencies which are backed by gold, there will no more be a value of gold. It will be just another luminous metal used by women as shiny jewelry. Unlikely to happen now, might happen someday.

Gold and others metals always will have a good value in future for a reason very simple, its are used on many Industries,And each day is more difficult to get those.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:05:10 PM

Gold has been digitized, as i saw on bitgold. so its not a bad idea.
But i still like bitcoin most.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 04:29:55 PM

Why not buy silver instead of gold. There will be no more silver in the ground within 10-20 years..

I dont think so,

Maybe you are talking about production estimated to current mines,but must have more reserves and new mines will be created.

Lol you are crazy, the demand rises every year but silver is getting short and harder to mine. The price of silver is undervalued same as with gold. Beside that There is so much more paper gold/silver then there is physical, when everybody cashes out there paper there will be a major problem.

http://dailyreckoning.com/are-we-running-out-of-silver/

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/05/06/silver-mine-supply-is-running-out-of-steam/

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:21:00 AM

Why not buy silver instead of gold. There will be no more silver in the ground within 10-20 years..

I dont think so,

Maybe you are talking about production estimated to current mines,but must have more reserves and new mines will be created.

Lol you are crazy, the demand rises every year but silver is getting short and harder to mine. The price of silver is undervalued same as with gold. Beside that There is so much more paper gold/silver then there is physical, when everybody cashes out there paper there will be a major problem.

http://dailyreckoning.com/are-we-running-out-of-silver/

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/05/06/silver-mine-supply-is-running-out-of-steam/

No I'm not. Because silver is found mixed with and alloyed with numerous other metals such as gold, lead, and copper this could be mined for many years more that you have mentioned.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 09:49:11 AM

So then what if the IMF and the US government sells their gold reserves, i`m sure the rich list in gold is even more monopolitic.

In fact, you are pretty much wrong on this

Even if we assume that the Fort Knox gold is actually there, the total US gold reserves would equal to some 8,000 metric tons. The IMF gold reserves are around 2,800 metric tons of gold, which produces a total of about 11,000 tons. Given that the estimate of all gold out there (including jewelery) is at 180,000 tons, the cumulative IMF and US government gold holdings amount only to miserable 6%...

And don't forget that burned coins are irreversibly lost (unlike gold), which doesn't favor more even distribution

I think they got more gold than they say on paper.

Also a 6% massive sell can trigger a really big panic which will then make every major gold holder sell.

You think? Okay, you are entitled to, but rumors have it that the gold has already been sold, and there is no gold in the vaults of Fort Konx any longer. Amazingly, the last audit of Fort Knox occurred in 1953, so there has been no audit in over 60 years. If they have nothing to hide (save for gold, of course), there should be no fear to allow an audit, right?

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:13:04 PM

You think? Okay, you are entitled to, but rumors have it that the gold has already been sold, and there is no gold in the vaults of Fort Konx any longer. Amazingly, the last audit of Fort Knox occurred in 1953, so there has been no audit in over 60 years. If they have nothing to hide (save for gold, of course), there should be no fear to allow an audit, right?

I heard of conspiracies that the gold was sold by the 6 big banks before the 2008 crisis.

However, i think that is foolish to believe, its far more likely that they just moved the gold out to their own vaults.

So basically a plain theft, they took out the gold from the national vault, and moved it to the IMF vaults or BIS vaults is much more likely.

I dont think they are so foolish the sell the gold if they also know their banking system is on the verge of collapse. They just hide it, and pretend that gold is bad, and scaremonger gold, to keep their system alive, but when the time comes , they are also prepared to use the gold as a collateral to save their skins.

Just like China and Russia buys gold, i bet the IMF and global bankers are not that foolish to not buy gold aswell.

Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:33:21 PM

half and half.

hahahaha. I would actually take 80/20 because of the rising inflation in ten years the price of gold will shoot up to thee stars and bitcoin 20  percent itself will be as valuable as  gold in 10 years. So I get double profit ! yay yay  Grin Grin
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:43:24 PM

if u can afford to lose the amount that you invest, go on bitcoin, more funny more innovative, if u like more stable investement buy gold
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:28:33 PM

The price of gold is probably inflated at the moment. I think Bitcoin will at least go up long term. I pick Bitcoin.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:16:41 AM

i think gold is more than bitcoin if we hold it on situation like crisis comodity or economic because people flee to its relative safety when world tensions rise during such times, Many are beginning to see commodities, particularly gold, as an investment way which their funds should be allocated
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:39:23 AM

half and half.

hahahaha. I would actually take 80/20 because of the rising inflation in ten years the price of gold will shoot up to thee stars and bitcoin 20  percent itself will be as valuable as  gold in 10 years. So I get double profit ! yay yay  Grin Grin

People still believe that fiat currencies are backed by gold but they are not anymore, that stopped 40 years ago. Cash is just assumption of the value which will be repaid back later and debited and credited like that. I don't think so people will be losing it for gold, gold's value will depreciate in a decade and as far as bitcoin goes, its a gamble too. So you can be optimistic, sure!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:32:30 AM

i think gold is more than bitcoin if we hold it on situation like crisis comodity or economic because people flee to its relative safety when world tensions rise during such times, Many are beginning to see commodities, particularly gold, as an investment way which their funds should be allocated

ironically gold and bitcoin share the same chart, so i don't find gold so much safer than bitcoin at this point, gold has more stability only because it is more ancient and because people have traded it long enough to know what to expect from it
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 10:07:47 AM

I would chose Bitcoin. because it provides me with lot of flexibility. I can move it whenever and wherever at the ease of my own will. Maybe the global adoption has not occurred yet, but when it does, it will wipe out the use of gold as reserve currency.

dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:49:26 PM

ironically gold and bitcoin share the same chart, so i don't find gold so much safer than bitcoin at this point, gold has more stability only because it is more ancient and because people have traded it long enough to know what to expect from it

i think bitcoin and gold have positive and negatif score each of it but actually i really like gold especially for jewerly because gold is one of the luxury symbol. Gold is a substance that is in high demand and there is a finite amount that can be produced and same case bitcoin to but the difference betwen them is bitcoin jus a virtual stuff and gold is real.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:41:12 PM

if u can afford to lose the amount that you invest, go on bitcoin, more funny more innovative, if u like more stable investement buy gold

I think gold and bitcoin both have the same amount of pros and cons, but the difference is bitcoin has more potential to rise in value. Although I agree that you should invest the same amount you can afford to lose. But you gotta risk it to win the biscuit. And bitcoin is gonna have major issues for the next seven to eight years but the next few years  will clear up all the flaws hopefully.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:37:16 PM

I think gold is getting out of trend.

If you ask any person on the street they have no fkin clue about gold.

You have more supporters for bitcoin than for gold, even though gold is 5000-6000 year used metal, while bitcoin is only 5.

This shows us that except a few african countries, the western world doesnt give a shit about gold anymore. It was good but it lost its appeal already.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:47:33 PM

You have more supporters for bitcoin than for gold, even though gold is 5000-6000 year used metal, while bitcoin is only 5.

This shows us that except a few african countries, the western world doesnt give a shit about gold anymore. It was good but it lost its appeal already.

It's true. I only personally know one person who has any involvement with gold. It never crosses the mind of the vast majority and never will.

It's far more ingrained in places like India than anywhere in the West.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:10:28 AM

And yet most western countries are now scrambling to repatriate their gold from other countries and gold/silver sales have increased so much the last few weeks there is now a shortage & longer shipping times with the US mint running out silver.  China/Russia are accumulating gold as quickly as possible, Texas is trying to repatriate their gold from the FED.

Its not the number of people that matter its how much those people have to spend, people with a lot of money buy gold.  Saying there are are more supports for BTC than gold is naive at best, take a look at the market cap size for gold V BTC

Perhaps there is a reason the average man on the street knows nothing about gold (real money) and all those cash for gold shops keep popping up, where is all that gold purchased cheaply getting funneled too?
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:17:39 PM

And yet most western countries are now scrambling to repatriate their gold from other countries and gold/silver sales have increased so much the last few weeks there is now a shortage & longer shipping times with the US mint running out silver.  China/Russia are accumulating gold as quickly as possible, Texas is trying to repatriate their gold from the FED.
Those are the central banks and governments, that is not equal to the people.

Its not the number of people that matter its how much those people have to spend, people with a lot of money buy gold.  Saying there are are more supports for BTC than gold is naive at best, take a look at the market cap size for gold V BTC

Well i know 10 stores in my area that accept bitcoin, i dont know of any that accept gold, maybe the "shady" markets in the ghetto zone accept jewelry but still that is not a pretty legitimate place to buy anything.

And the market cap again is 99% owned by big banks, central banks, hedgefunds and governments. And the rest of 1% is jewelry and a few coin collectors

Perhaps there is a reason the average man on the street knows nothing about gold (real money) and all those cash for gold shops keep popping up, where is all that gold purchased cheaply getting funneled too?

Ok but what are you doing with it, just buy gold and when the price goes up you dump? It looks like a pump and dump to me.

Definitely you just brag and deisik too about gold having an intrinsic value, but the intrinsic value is derived from the market.

If there is no market for gold, gold doesnt have value. It's obvious that it will crash even lower perhaps back to 500$ where it came from, even though the $ inflation is much higher.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Scambag

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:32:34 AM

The Bitcoin supply is, in fact, limited and finite. It is set to reap immediate benefits going forward when it comes to supply and demand, the most basic sound money concept. No worries about mere fiat currency principles like inflation or deflation. You can chart the amount of digital currency in circulation at any time in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: