Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:34:27 AM

sorry not a troll, just an extermely unsatisfied customer..,.and the shady replies i recived from bitmain made me sick to my stomach and almost threw up.  I spent almost $4000 on their batch 1 junk, and I have never dealt with a company like this who treats their customers like shit while selling them defective priducts.

So agian, not a troll, just spreading the word about the shit they are pawning...why are you a fan? did your miner come to you undamaged and working perfectly, cause i know mine didnt, it came in pieces all messed up, and they expected me to figure out how to fix and re-engineer their broken piece of shit....and they dont really care about their custimers or they would have resolved my issue a week ago, instead i have a beatifull pile of crap sitting on my shelf..

and BFL? fu%$k them too they never delivered any products to me...i am just pissed as hell at the stupidity of bitmain.

go call someone else a troll idiot.

My miner came in perfect condition - not a scratch. You're exploding all over the place and all I asked was how to change the password. My miner still hashes. 1 of 10 boards was defective and I had to exchange 3 emails in total to get RMA.

TIP: Try not being angry at customer service because that won't get you anywhere soon. Judging by how you are posting, this is probably how you are emailing too. In the end, they hold the key and if you need support, ask nicely.

Sorry if I offended you, and I'm happy your miner came in perfect condition (except for 1 defective board) Smiley

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

She's dead Jim.

I had one card throwing X's so I decided to crack open the case and take a look. I had to drill out one fo the screws and bumped the power cord out. (I was planning to leave it on in case I didn't see anything wrong inside and avoid possible reboot SD problems.) Okay, finished opening it, checked the boards. A few needed to be reseated, although I guess it most of them still had some kind of connection because only on board had X's before I opened it up (was hashing around 900). Plug back in and nothing. No fan, no blue screen, just cold and dead. Flip the power switch a few times, unplug and plug a few times. Still dead.

I guess I'll try swapping the PSU?

Alright that was an adventure. Looks like some of the cables had gotten loose, including one of the backplane power cables. Fixed all the cables and got BSOD. Found an SD card I had around, flashed it, and then realized I need a microSD card. Oops. Look around some more and find a microSD card, flash that and it boots. I had removed two ASIC boards to make it easier to access the controller. Shutdown linux, pop the SD, power down, put the SD back, put the boards back in, and now it won't boot!

Pull one ASIC board and it boots fine. Looks like I need to upgrade the PSU to get it to run with 10 boards. Has anyone gotten any love from Bitmain on this issue, or do I just have to junk their PSU and use my own?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:41:17 AM

She's dead Jim.

I had one card throwing X's so I decided to crack open the case and take a look. I had to drill out one fo the screws and bumped the power cord out. (I was planning to leave it on in case I didn't see anything wrong inside and avoid possible reboot SD problems.) Okay, finished opening it, checked the boards. A few needed to be reseated, although I guess it most of them still had some kind of connection because only on board had X's before I opened it up (was hashing around 900). Plug back in and nothing. No fan, no blue screen, just cold and dead. Flip the power switch a few times, unplug and plug a few times. Still dead.

how long was ur PSU off?

these 1000w things have a 10-15 minute safety feature where it wont power up...

I waited around 20 minutes to see if it would reset, but it didn't. I'm pretty sure the problem was a loose power cable inside.

they replaced a dead 1000w with another dusty and dented 1000w enermax that had been shorted on the wrong side - purple & grey....

Sigh. I guess I'll just use one of my own PSUs. Pretty annoying since its not like the ROI on this thing is so great, but I guess I get to keep the PSU at the end. Right at 3 years of mining (multiple rigs) on my oldest AX1200...
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:44:02 AM

I am curious what is tempting you?

The price is tempting me, as I previously noted.

Furthermore, touching on your points about quality control, yes, I have read that the initial batches had some QA issues. I understand these issues have been mostly resolved in batches 2 and 3. This is why I'm taking the plunge with Batch 4 - I have faith they have largely resolved their initial problems.

The dozen or so S1's I own have been rock solid since I took delivery of them, and further reinforces that faith in Bitmain.

I don't want to jinx anything, but my batch 2 S2 has been hashing flawlessly since I got it out of the box.  The only trouble I had was because I was a nobbin and assigned it the same IP address as a PC on my network.  Once I figured that out, everything was fine.  It's true that other S2 owners have had some nightmare shipping damage... I guess I was lucky, however my unit had the foam on the case top, which probably helped keep the cards seated.  I haven't done anything to it, it's running 1TH/s with the stock PSU, stock settings.  All I did was put in my pool details.

I wish mine had the "hole in the side for the PSU" improvement, but it's working fine nonetheless.  It is good to see that Bitmain are making improvements for each batch.  Looking forward to hear success stores for batch 4, hopefully a lot less shipping damage (ideally none).

I really like my S2, it's my favourite miner right now. 

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:40:39 AM

Hi again,

I really don't have the time to explain how a legit company runs, but I will entertain your last few questions and possibly shed more insight on how we do business. To start off, I do apologize if I misunderstand what you are writing. I am finding it hard to understand a few things you have written. None the less, I think I get the general idea you are trying to portray.

First off, I see that you are trying to twist the meaning of our words. Yes, technically the miners are not "untouched". Any person with a brain should know that any electronics that get manufactured, whether it be a microwave, tv or Antminer, has to go through a series of tests to ensure functionality and etc. Yes, bitmain typically does a 24 hour burn in test on all miners we get. That is typical for any PCB/electronics board manufacture. It weeds our poorly manufactured products from the good ones. This is one way for us to know that miners we sell with work on arrival. Second, we only get palatalized shipments. I have worked years in the shipping industry, and personally can guarantee that shipments on pallets have lower chances of getting damaged then single boxed units. Hence, we trust our shipper. Third, we are not stupid. We obviously have our own mining operation, and any miners that have a damaged box will go into our own mining operation, just in case they are DOA. Its called sample testing (take a few from a batch, test, if test is passed, batch is considered good). Lastly, we rarely have miners just sitting around in boxes ready to ship, hence we are not stupid. This is because we receive a pallet or two per day, and by the end of the day, the miners on the pallets are sold. I would call this, good logistical planning.

Now, for one main point on why we are not dumb enough to user the miners and then sell them (I will give you the short version). We are not Bitmain, we do not have the ability to pay whatever we want per miner. We don't build them, they do and they charge us for ever miner. If you haven't noticed, the Antminers typically drop in price everyday. Some days are stable, some are not. If we used miners and then sold them, it would net us a loss.

Example!- Lets say we have 60 units in stock today and we decide to use them to mine. Great, we would net $300 in BTC. However, lets say bitcoins price drops $10 tomorrow. Bitmain may then also choose to lower their price to 0.5 BTC. If you calculate, that means our hardware would lose $1800 in value over 24 hours. But hey, we made $300 in BTC. You may ask then why we don't just mine them for a month? Here is another interesting fact that may blow your mind. If we pull in one pallet a day (60 units), and we sell 1 pallet a day (60 units), then over one months time, we would have sold 1800 units, and brought in 1800 units. In order to mine units for one month and then sell them, we would have to have 1800 units on hand, mining away. I am not sure if that is a lot to you, but it is a TON to us. Who has that kind of space, electricity, cooling and all??? In the end, instead of just doing whatever the heck sounds good, we choose to actually think it through, pull the numbers and plan things out. This is where our statement of "bad for business" comes into play.

In the end, do your research before accusing.

As for what is in stock, like stated above, we typically have around 60 units rolling in and rolling out.

I dont trying twist anything around.
Burning test for 24h? Do you really believe in any of this crap coming from you?
Just because you have fancy logo and accepting cards does not mean you right and i'm wrong.
Keep your examples to someone who actually will believe and are stupid more than anyone else.

Pallet a day(60 units) huh? Why i newer heard about you before?For some reason you hijacked this thread with your own stuff and trying explain me  what?

Sample testing, burning testing etc....all means you using miners end of story. Call this how ever you want its still mining.

When you testing units, what testing pool you using? How do you know they working?

I noticed that any who calling himself legit, reseller and other nice fancy words are always getting angry and upset when some one challenge them.
You saying units are brand spanking new BUT they are tested by bitmain for 24h(which is BS) and you as well.

I suggest you keep all this fancy info for someone who just starting because i dont believe that from let say april 23/04/14 you have sold any of units from that pallet  without notice to this community..

To back up this last sentence here is proof:

Domain Name: MINERSTORE.COM
Registry Domain ID:  
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Updated Date: 2014-04-25T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-04-23T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-08-08T00:00:00Z

Here is direct link: http://whois.domaintools.com/minerstore.com

This is second check on different site:

So it seems you in the business no more than 10 days and already  with you minerstore you sold pallet a day? When this happened? How its possible S1 was out of stock for few moments and you have 60 units in hand?

If any of it is not true or i made mistake and misread any of your info in your post im sorry but nothing sticks together...

Please start your own thread, dont make bold statements about unused S1 , burning tests , how many units you have in stock etc here as this will be picked up easily by people like me and will be exposed as BS.

Can you provide Tx or anything (wallet, hash)to prove using blockchain you purchased 60 units from bitmain?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:20:17 AM

why not thrash around wildly calling everyone idiots...

that should sort everything out.

you may not suck nutsacks but you do indeed suck.

try harder

Dammit edgar you made me unignore him to see what you were replying to! Tongue Regretted it almost immediately tho Cheesy

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 01:27:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Bitmain to get a web store set up for customers to purchase their products with cred/debit card and have products shipped from Denver, CO. Check us out, we opened for business today! www.minerstore.com. We have the S2 in stock, ships ASAP from Denver. We also allow picking up in person, and you can pay in person too!

Are the coupon codes you accept bitmains coupon codes? Otherwise it seems like a $740 (inc delivery) penalty to purchase through you. ??

Sorry we missed your comment. We are working to accept discounts on the S2 units for a limited time. In the mean time, you are correct, it would be less expensive to purchase direct from bitmain.

Just to say minerstore.com / Your Miner Store IS NOT an authorized reseller or Bitmain Tech Ltd.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Bitmain to get a web store set up for customers to purchase their products with cred/debit card and have products shipped from Denver, CO. Check us out, we opened for business today! www.minerstore.com. We have the S2 in stock, ships ASAP from Denver. We also allow picking up in person, and you can pay in person too!

Are the coupon codes you accept bitmains coupon codes? Otherwise it seems like a $740 (inc delivery) penalty to purchase through you. ??

Sorry we missed your comment. We are working to accept discounts on the S2 units for a limited time. In the mean time, you are correct, it would be less expensive to purchase direct from bitmain.

Just to say minerstore.com / Your Miner Store IS NOT an authorized reseller or Bitmain Tech Ltd.

Thank Juan- i knew something is not right with them. 10 days website is up and they already have 60 units in stock or gone.
I like when people calling them self names but them names means nothing.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

She's dead Jim.

how long was ur PSU off?

these 1000w things have a 10-15 minute safety feature where it wont power up...

I waited around 20 minutes to see if it would reset, but it didn't. I'm pretty sure the problem was a loose power cable inside.

they replaced a dead 1000w with another dusty and dented 1000w enermax that had been shorted on the wrong side - purple & grey....

Sigh. I guess I'll just use one of my own PSUs. Pretty annoying since its not like the ROI on this thing is so great, but I guess I get to keep the PSU at the end. Right at 3 years of mining (multiple rigs) on my oldest AX1200...

sounds like yours has a PSU that might just barely not be able to run the stock speeds properly.

If I were you, swap in the 1200W PSU (this likely means taking out 7-8 of the asic boards for access) and use it to overclock to ~1100GH.   Take the 1000W PSU and use it on your other miners instead.  You can always switch back in a few months when the time comes to underclock for 0.8W/GH speeds

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:23:27 PM

Dat price... Almost 4k$ is really much overpriced! Other than that the miner looks good on the outside.
Minerstore

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:26:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

Hi, nice to meet you on here.

If we were not authorized, then how do we have access to S2's before you do? Ours ship out today, not the 8th. Weird right, and you guys are supposedly a distributor?

It all makes sense now, you guys must be sellers of the miners too and are just a little threatened that we offer better service, products and shipping. Not to mention, we have more cost effective hosting.
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:58:33 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 03:37:38 AM by Minerstore

Hi Everyone,

Thank Juan- i knew something is not right with them. 10 days website is up and they already have 60 units in stock or gone.
I like when people calling them self names but them names means nothing.

Its really tiring explaining business to you.. But what the heck, I have a few minutes to reply today.

Yes, minerstore.com was purchased 2 weeks ago so we could sell ASIC hardware that can be purchased with credit card for people who would like to pay that way. So how do we have access to a pallet of miners per day already? It's because we have sold on a few other websites that I own, and Amazon.com. Not sure if you knew this, but there are other ways to sell items other than through just 1 website.....

And to reiterate, we don't test any units that we sell. We only test and KEEP units that we think may be damaged based on sample picking and box condition. I am trying hard to figure out what exactly is your issue with us? If it is because we posted on this discussion. I apologize if it upsets you, but it is a discussion about the S2's for sale and we figured to get our new website out there, it would be a good start to get introduced on here. We didn't hijack anything, and quite frankly, we thought people who enjoy the fact that we are open for business and accept credit cards. (the one form of payment that is still the most widely used)

Lets put this in simple terms since big words make no sense. We sell and ship exactly the same product that you can get direct from Bitmain - The only difference is that we ship the miners from Denver, CO. You can call the miners new, used or whatever you want. Personally I don't care what condition you think Bitmain is shipping products. It doesn't matter because you will still buy their products, you will still have 90 days to have them replaced and you will still make BTC. I think that is all people want here, BTC. Whether you buy product from bitmain, 112bit, minersource, or us, you will still get a miner that will make you some BTC. End of fact
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

If we were not authorized, then how do we have access to S2's before you do? Ours ship out today, not the 8th. Weird right, and you guys are supposedly a distributor?

It all makes sense now, you guys must be sellers of the miners too and are just a little threatened that we offer better service, products and shipping. Not to mention, we have more cost effective hosting.

Take it outside, gentlemen.  Minerstore, you should create a new thread for your sales.
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Dat price... Almost 4k$ is really much overpriced! Other than that the miner looks good on the outside.
The miners have actually dropped down to $2600.. but yes, we would agree, the price is still too high. I do hope bitmain can lower the price to something more reasonable, but then again, they are matched up in price to other companies that sell 1TH miners....
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 04:25:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

Take it outside, gentlemen.  Minerstore, you should create a new thread for your sales.

Thanks, we did set up a thread yesterday for us but then it disappeared. First time for us on these forums... Will try again
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, we did set up a thread yesterday for us but then it disappeared. First time for us on these forums... Will try again

The thread didn't disappear. A mod moved it to the appropriate subforum.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

My batch two S2 started frequently powering off a couple of days ago. I replaced the crap Enermax with a Corsair AX1200i that I had running 3 Singles. So far it's been running great. I also got my FrankenJup up to 2.8THs with a little extra work. I'm now enjoying a cocktail in the hot tub. It's been a good day for a change.  Cool

if you have 1200W try overclocking - you can proabbly get another 50-100GH without any cooling modifications

Not interested in OCing anything now. It's too hot in the house and I don't want to add more heat. 94f and sunny. Summer's here.  Cool
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

Yes, minerstore.com was purchase 2 weeks ago by Bitmain, and then loaned to us to put up a website dedicated for selling ASIC hardware that can be purchased with credit card. So how do we have access to a pallet of miners per day already? It's because we have sold on a few other websites that I own, and Amazon.com. Not sure if you knew this, but there are other ways to sell items other than through just 1 website.....

This just made me so laugh.
Other websites which you own? And BITMAIN have to purchase and setup yours? So you saying domain, shop everything is given to you by bitmain?

Please name few sites which you own. I will be more than happy to show you mister you talking bullshit.
Amazon? Please post your account so i can verify that.

You cannot start your own thread because as you mention "vanished" in thin air of BTCtalk, but you calling yourselve owner of few sites and pallets of units sold already?

Please post TX or wallet to prove you really did purchase any amount of miners.

Why you avoiding this?
Maybe you will tell me now bitmain sending you pallets of goods and not taking anything for it?
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:27:53 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 09:38:38 PM by topminingcontracts

Hi Everyone,

We are official distributor of Bitmain Tech Ltd and the worldwide largest distributor I have nothing to say about your business you can sell as many Antminers or other mining equipment as you wish for us is ok I respect that I only said and I will say it again your company is not an oficial distributor or reseller of Bitmain Tech Ltd your company is not connected with them in any way.

If I am wrong, Bitmain is the owner of this thread and can say "Juan is Wrong"

There are several distributors and resellers of Bitmain but Minerstore is not one of them.

Regards

Juan Garavaglia

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:33:11 PM

Minersource or minerstore wtf
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: