Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 [674] 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260005 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:36:17 AM

The SP50 would need to price in the range of 120-150BTC to compete

Surely you mean 80-90?  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 01:44:32 PM

still no word on the prices?

nope not yet. All silent on the front

so my friend has to sign a NDA before they reveal the prices and MOQ. wow.  Grin

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:48:52 PM

Looks to me like Bitmain reduced to some extent the top possible price, since they lowered the price of Batch 2 & 3 of the S7. Spondoolies would seem to have less room to maneuver now in terms of price (IMHO).  

this. The SP50 would need to price in the range of 120-150BTC to compete

30K max realistically, but 25K is optimal.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:38:58 PM

Looks to me like Bitmain reduced to some extent the top possible price, since they lowered the price of Batch 2 & 3 of the S7. Spondoolies would seem to have less room to maneuver now in terms of price (IMHO).  

If you haven't noticed, BITMAIN adjusted its pricing for batch 3 S7's in relation to the time before block halving more than the difficulty.  Batch 3 S7's are at $1,658 instead of $1,823.  Each month that passes by before the block halving apparently is affecting the price of their rigs with the price of bitcoin virtually unchanged.

So, if Spondooliestech does not want to miss the boat for selling the SP50 with optimal returns, they might want to have them up for sell relatively soon.

It will be interesting to see how the block halving affects the pricing of rigs [If at all] as it approaches.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

If you haven't noticed, BITMAIN adjusted its pricing for batch 3 S7's in relation to the time before block halving more than the difficulty.  Batch 3 S7's are at $1,658 instead of $1,823.  Each month that passes by before the block halving apparently is affecting the price of their rigs with the price of bitcoin virtually unchanged.

So, if Spondooliestech does not want to miss the boat for selling the SP50 with optimal returns, they might want to have them up for sell relatively soon.

It will be interesting to see how the block halving affects the pricing of rigs [If at all] as it approaches.

Read btcs news from sept 28. They had to lease their own (SPT) equipment. I am not sure about the rationale for it.
eventually, they will probably have to either borrow money or do a preorder to start producing these units in bulk.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:03:23 PM

Read btcs news from sept 28. They had to lease their own (SPT) equipment. I am not sure about the rationale for it.
eventually, they will probably have to either borrow money or do a preorder to start producing these units in bulk.

I don't think they plan to produce them in "bulk".  They are only selling to specific customers, I'm guessing they may build to order based on the demand from the customers they plan to sell to.  Or at least it will be a limited build quantity based on their projected sales.  I don't think they plan to have a large stock of these units sitting around for the reasons surrounding the upcoming halving.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 04:13:06 PM

so my friend has to sign a NDA before they reveal the prices and MOQ. wow.  Grin

That's a pretty useless. If you tell 100 customers the price and MOQ under NDA, you can't even begin to prove which one leaked it, or if staff leaked it, or an email leaked etc etc.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:13:29 PM

This will be quite interesting indeed.  I'm not sure how this will work out for SPT by not revealing a price chart with varying prices based on quantity ordered.  Doing it the way they are doing it puts them in a negotiation mode with each potential buyer.  It would be considerate if they would at least tell us how many SP50's would have to be ordered to be considered a "bulk" order.

It may very well come to pass that they sell very few [If any at all] with the block halving approaching.  Potential buyers will be asked to commit to a large deposit [At a minimum] up front without knowing a ship date that's written in stone.  Anyone who orders these rigs in bulk [Paying a lot of money up front] should at least have it written in a contract for the price they negotiate to be reduced a certain percentage for each day past the projected ship date to compensate loss of revenue towards ROI before the block halving.  However, there could be a gain in revenue because no one really knows what the price of bitcoin will be by the time the blocks halve.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 04:15:10 PM

All money has a cost, I suspect they have favorable terms so it provided a good opportunity for funding, no more and no less confusing than other funding options, if the terms are good it's a good move..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:27:04 PM

No way. Bitmain is selling 0.25w/gh at about 1.4btc/th.

This is 0.15w/gh and includes power supplies, but also a 'bulk priced' device, so i would expect 1.2-1.6btc/th.

That said, I'm not buying any hardware until my bitcoins are worth at least $300 again. Otherwise you will never earn back the btc you spend (like buying hardware with $100 bitcoins in mid-2013)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 04:30:33 PM

Called it 7 months ago when they demanded they get a "does not use preorders" rating.

- We don't rely on pre-order for our next gen. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said it. It's not our main business model. I even took the time to explain to you our business model for our next gen. Yet, you keep claiming that "you continue to do as your main business model". This is simply a lie and you know it.

Can you afford generation 3 without selling preorders, raising millions of $ or using 'investment' orders? Its a simple yes or no.

If you're asking if we can afford our entire gen3 planned capacity without injecting more funds via additional investment or pre-selling mining capacity to accredited investors, the answer is no.
The same goes for every other company in the space.

For the last time, since you seems to have difficulties in understanding: we'll not sell our gen3 products to consumers without proving the technology first. Afterwards, we might, but then it won't be pre-ordering. It might be selling by batches.

So tldr your current business model / situation can not support generation 3 without preordering (/ preordering under another name) or some miracle investment. Under no circumstances could those statements EVER qualify you for running a business model that can get by selling purely out of hand.

p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:43:33 PM

No way. Bitmain is selling 0.25w/gh at about 1.4btc/th.

This is 0.15w/gh and includes power supplies, but also a 'bulk priced' device, so i would expect 1.2-1.6btc/th.

That said, I'm not buying any hardware until my bitcoins are worth at least $300 again. Otherwise you will never earn back the btc you spend (like buying hardware with $100 bitcoins in mid-2013)

Agreed, especially with halving upon us - I fear the halving of profits of these large mining farms owned by asic manufacturers will try to be recouped by yet more ridiculous prices for mining gear, effectively killing the market & handing them the monopoly.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:47:57 PM

Called it 7 months ago when they demanded they get a "does not use preorders" rating.

- We don't rely on pre-order for our next gen. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said it. It's not our main business model. I even took the time to explain to you our business model for our next gen. Yet, you keep claiming that "you continue to do as your main business model". This is simply a lie and you know it.

Can you afford generation 3 without selling preorders, raising millions of $ or using 'investment' orders? Its a simple yes or no.

If you're asking if we can afford our entire gen3 planned capacity without injecting more funds via additional investment or pre-selling mining capacity to accredited investors, the answer is no.
The same goes for every other company in the space.

For the last time, since you seems to have difficulties in understanding: we'll not sell our gen3 products to consumers without proving the technology first. Afterwards, we might, but then it won't be pre-ordering. It might be selling by batches.

So tldr your current business model / situation can not support generation 3 without preordering (/ preordering under another name) or some miracle investment. Under no circumstances could those statements EVER qualify you for running a business model that can get by selling purely out of hand.

The way i see it-situation might have changed or NOT.
I am simply calmly discussing what various moves mean, not passing judgment on what was said before.
Spondoolies did take good care of their customers like myself-I have nothing to complain about.

fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:04:00 PM

Recoup is necessary with this gear; the case / psu's alone cost ~10k. 

You will NOT see a 25k SP50 anytime soon. 

Why do you think an NDA is required? If the pricing was competitive it would be public.

50k with 5 MOQ; 40k with 20 MOQ is an "estimate" for SP50 costs and MOQ.

SP40 ~11 TH in a 3U case only if USD/BTC exchange rate exceeds $300 and remains so for 1 week.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:16:24 PM

Why do you think an NDA is required? If the pricing was competitive it would be public.

SP40 ~11 TH in a 3U case only if USD/BTC exchange rate exceeds $300 and remains so for 1 week.

I tend to agree with much of what you posted. I am however perplexed by the "NDA for Price/Date" information. Assuming you are correct, what's the motivation? How does that help Spondoolies, or the signer of the NDA? Is this not really intended for potential customers, but perhaps investors?

This feels a bit like the SFARDS "announcement", but never answered any of relevant questions for price or date included.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:28:34 PM

I tend to agree with much of what you posted. I am however perplexed by the "NDA for Price/Date" information. Assuming you are correct, what's the motivation? How does that help Spondoolies, or the signer of the NDA? Is this not really intended for potential customers, but perhaps investors?

This feels a bit like the SFARDS "announcement", but never answered any of relevant questions for price or date included.

Depending on what your are doing NDA's are pretty common with mining companies.  Each one want's to know the others progress, price, etc.   So if you were a big buyer and they gave you more information then is public a NDA would not surprise me at all.

So basically it helps SP keep their information secret.   The signer gets more confidential information by signing.  There are a lot of variables in NDA's though so it's hard to say on a lot about it.
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:23:43 PM

My point is that if the SP50 pricing was competitive it would have been included in the announcement. 

This is like bluffing in poker.  If I am about to buy 22x or more S7 and then SPT says they have a superior product I will be significantly less likely to buy the S7's.  Even if I bother to contact SPT, wait for them to respond, and sign an NDA; only to finally laugh at the SP50 price: SPT has still delayed my purchase from their competitor.

My guess is that the SP50 is only really intended for internal mining, and announcing it like they did was to stall for time while they get the SP40 ready / deploy their own SP50's with less S7 hashrate resistance. 

I would be willing to pay 4k for an 11 TH SP40 if it is released soon; but my guess is it would cost ~5k so let's hope for a USD / BTC pump and maybe we will see an SP40.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 01:14:14 AM

My point is that if the SP50 pricing was competitive it would have been included in the announcement. 

This is like bluffing in poker.  If I am about to buy 22x or more S7 and then SPT says they have a superior product I will be significantly less likely to buy the S7's.  Even if I bother to contact SPT, wait for them to respond, and sign an NDA; only to finally laugh at the SP50 price: SPT has still delayed my purchase from their competitor.

My guess is that the SP50 is only really intended for internal mining, and announcing it like they did was to stall for time while they get the SP40 ready / deploy their own SP50's with less S7 hashrate resistance. 

I would be willing to pay 4k for an 11 TH SP40 if it is released soon; but my guess is it would cost ~5k so let's hope for a USD / BTC pump and maybe we will see an SP40.

Are you serious, do you work or have any experience in vertical industries, it's very common and not a read on weather it's competitive or not..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:36:04 AM

Emotive response noted.  Since we have no choice here; lets wait and see.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:37:47 AM

Keeping other details under NDA isn't uncommon, but prices are NOT normally an NDA type piece of information.

As far as those speculating on a "SP40" or similar - as I recall SPT has already said it's not happening, they've shifted to making miners for their own datacenters and large customers (or words to that effect).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 ... 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 [674] 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: