Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:36:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
shadeofblues777

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

FYI number #3 on the top richest QORA list (QU2SF563DJnVzzDEQcrURDBya2cShRrJwm) IS A THEIF. BEWARE.

Link:
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QU2SF563DJnVzzDEQcrURDBya2cShRrJwm

Here's what happened:

Sent some QORA to my BTER account, around 700000.
They didn't pop up after a while so I tried opening my wallet again but no success. The .bat file would no longer run, only close itself. A file had been moved to my trashbin "verified.sh (or perhaps it was verify)".

So I log into the blockchain and I see someone stolen all QORA I sent to myself. Before I had even seen them on the deposit page. So he's obviously sitting somewhere overviewing things carefully.
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QMCuHzpL3ZRCMuPbsmXyxbw7e7RqQfJAL7

I was instantly locked out from my BTER account. And that was the end of my QORA journey. And yes, I had a very long and random pass for my account which I never used anywhere else.

So be careful guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:03:09 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 10:02:46 PM by rabbiter

Still trying to get my non technical head around this. Bitcoin could do the same but it chooses not to (cause it not safe due to double spending) but with Qora it is safe?

Can you talk a little at least about how this compares in more detail to Bitcoins way of processing transactions?

How will transaction boosting improve things?

So if someone sends you Qora you can send them away before the transaction gets confirmed.
But if that person instead creates a second transaction with the same reference and a higher fee the transaction with the lower fee and your transaction won't get confirmed.

Transaction boosting simply allows you to send your transaction immediatly to the persons that have an interest in it.
This way the transaction would not have to go through the whole network.

Can anyone compare and contrast this with NXT's way of doing things. It seems a very important function of Qora so I want to understand how it works in practice as a potential payment system.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

FYI number #3 on the top richest QORA list (QU2SF563DJnVzzDEQcrURDBya2cShRrJwm) IS A THEIF. BEWARE.

Link:

Here's what happened:

They didn't pop up after a while so I tried opening my wallet again but no success. The .bat file would no longer run, only close itself. A file had been moved to my trashbin "verified.sh (or perhaps it was verify)".

So I log into the blockchain and I see someone stolen all QORA I sent to myself. Before I had even seen them on the deposit page. So he's obviously sitting somewhere overviewing things carefully.

I was instantly locked out from my BTER account. And that was the end of my QORA journey. And yes, I had a very long and random pass for my account which I never used anywhere else.

So be careful guys.

Exchanges move money to holding accounts. You sure it didnt show up in bter?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

rabbiter

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:24:14 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 09:43:37 PM by rabbiter

Link:

Here's what happened:

So be careful guys.

Delete all the extracted files. Re-extract from the zip folder, im having a similar proble with wallet, the next update should sort it I expect.

Be patient and wait for it to turn up on BTER. I expect the account you think is a whale is just BTER. If you haven't waited at least a few hours for coins to turn up on an exchange in my mind you haven't actually waited. 99.9% of posts like this have an updated post that says the money came, it ok.
shadeofblues777

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

Link:

Here's what happened:

So be careful guys.

Delete all the extracted files. Re-extract from the zip folder, im having a similar proble with wallet, the next update should sort it I expect.

Be patient and wait for it to turn up on BTER. I expect the account you think is a whale is just BTER. If you haven't waited at least a few hours for coins to turn up on an exchange in my mind you haven't actually waited. 99.9% of posts like this have an updated post that says the money came, it ok.

http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg

LOL so yeah. Turned out it was BTER who was the giant whale "thief". Completely missed that detailed in the midst of all chaos (first thing I did when I experienced all these odd events was to rip out my internet cable and reset the whole system). Turns out not only are the coins in my account, I got a 1%  deposit bonus XD. My QORA journey is still going!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:10:54 AM

Link:

Here's what happened:

So be careful guys.

http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg

LOL so yeah. Turned out it was BTER who was the giant whale "thief". Completely missed that detailed in the midst of all chaos (first thing I did when I experienced all these odd events was to rip out my internet cable and reset the whole system). Turns out not only are the coins in my account, I got a 1%  deposit bonus XD. My QORA journey is still going!

Haha Wink

Well atleast you realized it early.

BTW: the qora deposit bonus is a big scam, basically it pushes QORA onto the exchange and the 1 % withdraw fee keeps money on the exchange. BEWARE guys! Buying for the same price on poloniex is 1% cheaper!

flankliu

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:19:10 AM

Link:

Here's what happened:

So be careful guys.

It is BTER's account.

flankliu

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:57:23 AM

For now,
Poloniex all trades 567 BTC,
ShareXcoin all trades 250 BTC,
BTT escrow all trades 179 BTC,
BTER all trades 14 BTC,
Total trades except undercover dealing:1010 BTC
Suppose average price is 45 satoshi,total volumes except undercover dealing:2.244 Billion

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:58:54 AM

For now,
Poloniex all trades 567BTC,
ShareXcoin all trades 233BTC,
BTT escrow all trades 179BTC,
BTER all trades 14BTC,
Total trades except undercover dealing:993BTC
Suppose average price is 45 satoshi,total volumes except undercover dealing:2.206Billion

Don't forget the NXT Asset exchange, some trades take place there as well Wink by the way, sometimes Qora price there is higher than on centralized exchanges, could be an arbitrage opportunity.
rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:16:28 AM

For now,
BTER all trades 14 BTC,
Suppose average price is 45 satoshi,total volumes except undercover dealing:2.244 Billion

I know we all want to see Qora succeed but the overriding reality is Qora is not heavily traded however much you throw figures at it. Apart from a few bursts the vol has been very low. the truth is many coins trade these kind of numbers in 24hrs.
rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:46:14 AM

I want to repeat this question not just for my own benefit and curiosity but it seems potentially an important difference to other major cryptocurrencies.

So I'm trying to understand how Qora compares to bitcoin and NXT as a viable payment system. It seems Bitcoin and NXT will not let you receive a payment and the use those funds without waiting for confirmation, I assume as an inbuilt way to protect against double spend?

Qora however can be spent instantly without conformations, right?

With the fact Qora really does send instantly as in under a second and even NXT I think takes a few seconds normally isn't this a killer feature of Qora or am I mistaken.

In reality a payment system must be instant and safe if it will be viable in the real world.

I respect Qora but he is Monosyabilic most of the time, he won't easily sell Qora as better than another coin in specific areas so I'm trying to work it out myself.

This seems like an important issue but I want to know if it really is or not. 
flankliu

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:46:45 AM

For now,
BTER all trades 14 BTC,

I know we all want to see Qora succeed but the overriding reality is Qora is not heavily traded however much you throw figures at it. Apart from a few bursts the vol has been very low. the truth is many coins trade these kind of numbers in 24hrs.

QORA's success was not related to trading activity,im waiting for dev's new job.
I dont often look at the market,only occasionally statistics about the deal.

rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:49:24 AM

Fair enough just wanted to make a point that this isn't as impressive as it might look to others.

While trading does not make a coin successful the fact is a successful coin will see high vol trading at some point at least.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:24:08 AM

Fair enough just wanted to make a point that this isn't as impressive as it might look to others.

While trading does not make a coin successful the fact is a successful coin will see high vol trading at some point at least.

What exactly isn't impressive?

The fact that Qora is built from scratch, it has seed&passwd, it is fast, user-friendly, has a name exchange and voting system, while NXT has not, and a devoted dev..

All these do not look attractive to you?

Your posts seem to have only one target - lower the price

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:53:15 AM

I want to repeat this question not just for my own benefit and curiosity but it seems potentially an important difference to other major cryptocurrencies.

So I'm trying to understand how Qora compares to bitcoin and NXT as a viable payment system. It seems Bitcoin and NXT will not let you receive a payment and the use those funds without waiting for confirmation, I assume as an inbuilt way to protect against double spend?

With the fact Qora really does send instantly as in under a second and even NXT I think takes a few seconds normally isn't this a killer feature of Qora or am I mistaken.

In reality a payment system must be instant and safe if it will be viable in the real world.

I respect Qora but he is Monosyabilic most of the time, he won't easily sell Qora as better than another coin in specific areas so I'm trying to work it out myself.

How come someone who knows about Nxt and Qora doesn't have any idea what d f he's talking about?

rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:58:10 AM

How come someone who knows about Nxt and Qora doesn't have any idea what d f he's talking about?

You are missing my point spectacularly, how can a question be wrong! I am fact finding so I can't technically be wrong.

Can you read my last few posts on here so you can calmly understand the questions I am trying to find answers to.

I'm actually very much on the side of trying to see and know Qora is as great as I think it might be.

ps your attitude stinks.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

You are missing my point spectacularly, how can a question be wrong! I am fact finding so I can't technically be wrong.
Can you read my last few posts on here so you can calmly understand the questions I am trying to find answers to.
I'm actually very much on the side of trying to see and know Qora is as great as I think it might be.
ps your attitude stinks.

It's just that you're stating something and then disscussing it with yourself. "Qora however can be spent instantly without conformations". And then long post based on this conlusion. I just don't understand how could someone possibly conclude such thing. Where did you get it anyway?

rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:02:37 AM

ps your attitude stinks.

It's just that you're stating something and then disscussing it with yourself. "Qora however can be spent instantly without conformations". And then long post based on this conlusion. I just don't understand how could someone possibly conclude such thing. Where did you get it anyway?

From a question I asked Qora. Is this not the case? Did I misunderstand something?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7607265#msg7607265
shenjie

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:18:35 AM

The price...
Why?
 Huh
rabbiter

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:20:53 AM

The price...
Why?
 Huh

cause people are stupid maybe? it's all good for distribution, don't complain, buy some more.

Would you complain if someone was selling a Lamborghini for a fraction of its real value?  

plus it's all fake, look at the sells for Qora on Polinex, most are tiny amounts set up to look like the price is lower than it is. With 5 BTC you could raise the price 50% I bet. Try doing that with NXT.

Then of course newbies post on the forum the sky is falling in the hope to really cause a sell off. I'm sure that not you though...
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: