Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

Arbitrary transactions are the same as automatic transactions? Or automatic transactions are not yet included in the google doc?

Totally different.
Arbitrary transactions only contains data.
Automatic transactions execute code.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:11:07 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 10:43:13 PM by wizzardTim

Arbitrary transactions are the same as automatic transactions? Or automatic transactions are not yet included in the google doc?

Totally different.
Arbitrary transactions only contains data.
Automatic transactions execute code.

Thank you for the answer.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Is the payload of an arbitrary transaction encrypted so only readable by the receiver? Or is the payload public? Or, could it be a choice?

Will the color coin/asset have to be ubiquitous or can it be unique? In other words, will it be like next, where you create an Asset with X amount of shares/tokens. Or, is is possible to create tokens for unique items without having to spend an asset creation fee for each unique item?
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:14:24 PM

I missed the last week due to moving.

Could anybody please answer these:
1. Can everybody see the voting results? In case Poloniex admin voted with 500M Qora we should be able to see it an exclude it from voting.
2. Can we set limit by account age? For example make the voting only possible for accounts created before the date of the voting poll started. Don't know if it might be useful though.
About number 1, why exclude someone? I don't understand, he is in possession of the coins, it doesn't matter if he owns it all or it's all from his customers, he currently is the holder of them regardless of IOU's.

His vote would make the voting system more centralized.

Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

Do you have an understanding how much time would you need for anonymous transactions?

Atleast twice the amount of time of what would be needed for colored coins.
I can't give an exact amount of time.

Is it possible to add a "difficulty" value / level for all the features mentioned in the doc?
As you said Anon is  2 * Colored coins time.
Probably this estimation will help voting features will less difficulty in order to have them the soonest possible.

Thanks

EDIT : I have seen the second page right now in which the below is mentioned

Time Estimation

Arbitrary Transactions > Streaming API > Wallet Upgrades | Assets > Anonymization

I think this cover my request.

shenjie

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

Hi
QORA
Voting items should add ID, such as create time, or sequence number.
Every voting item should add deadline too, maybe it already has, but I didn't find.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:16:00 PM

1. Can everybody see the voting results? In case Poloniex admin voted with 500M Qora we should be able to see it an exclude it from voting.
2. Can we set limit by account age? For example make the voting only possible for accounts created before the date of the voting poll started. Don't know if it might be useful though.
welcome back

About number 1, why exclude someone? I don't understand, he is in possession of the coins, it doesn't matter if he owns it all or it's all from his customers, he currently is the holder of them regardless of IOU's.

Because owners have votes, not just some people who temporary keep coins.

calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:35:41 PM

Here's some of the things that's been running through my mind as I was reading the voting list:

Which feature costs the least amount of time to implement? Which new feature will attract more users to Qora, and encourage more transactions? Which feature would offer the most bang for the buck (in other words, which feature is the most practical and useful at this stage)?

Having asked myself those questions, I'd like to share my thoughts with the community:

1. As qora has already mentioned, true anonymity is not really feasible at this moment due to lack of volume and amount of transactions at the moment. That's why I'm against implementing anonymity as the first feature. In addition, the only option for anonymity we have now is CryptoNote, which is not my favorite solution for anonymity at the moment. I think we should wait until we have more options (ie. release of darksend implementation) before we go for this route.

2. Do you see practical value for having an Asset Exchange at this stage? It is my opinion that without a way to solve the trust issue and easy cashout/asset conversion option, having an asset exchange is not worth much at this moment. I used to lean toward colored coin/assets, but after some serious thought, I am not sure I'd vote for Colored Coin/Asset anymore.

3. According to qora's document, Arbitrary Transaction and Wallet Upgrades seem to cost the least amount of time to implement. Arbitrary Transaction will attract a lot of developers who will like to build applications on top of qora, and Wallet Upgrades, well as its name suggests, will have the most exposure to the end users. So I'm starting to think that they're the best options at this moment.

So after some careful and serious thought, I think I will either vote for arbitrary transaction or wallet upgrade as the first feature to be implemented.
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:38:59 PM

Here's some of the things that's been running through my mind as I was reading the voting list:

Which feature costs the least amount of time to implement? Which new feature will attract more users to Qora, and encourage more transactions? Which feature would offer the most bang for the buck (in other words, which feature is the most practical and useful at this stage)?

Having asked myself those questions, I'd like to share my thoughts with the community:

1. As qora has already mentioned, true anonymity is not really feasible at this moment due to lack of volume and amount of transactions at the moment. That's why I'm against implementing anonymity as the first feature. In addition, the only option for anonymity we have now is CryptoNote, which is not my favorite solution for anonymity at the moment. I think we should wait until we have more options (ie. release of darksend implementation) before we go for this route.

2. Do you see practical value for having an Asset Exchange at this stage? It is my opinion that without a way to solve the trust issue and easy cashout/asset conversion option, having an asset exchange is not worth much at this moment. I used to lean toward colored coin/assets, but after some serious thought, I am not sure I'd vote for Colored Coin/Asset anymore.

3. According to qora's document, Arbitrary Transaction and Wallet Upgrades seem to cost the least amount of time to implement. Arbitrary Transaction will attract a lot of developers who will like to build applications on top of qora, and Wallet Upgrades, well as its name suggests, will have the most exposure to the end users. So I'm starting to think that they're the best options at this moment.

So after some careful and serious thought, I think I will either vote for arbitrary transaction or wallet upgrade as the first feature to be implemented.

+1000 like hearing my thoughts Wink

EDIT: @qora: How about inserting a deadline for the voting polls (the duration could depend on the number of blocks) in a future update? This way the number of polls wont get incredibly huge over time.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:14:52 PM

Qora, out of all the options presented which do you think would be best for us now? Can you share your vote?

His vote would make the voting system more centralized.
I understand what you guys are saying but wouldn't doing this be even more centralized? How are we gonna permanently keep track of who to exclude or not? Is this doable in the long run? I don't think so. I also agree with you and dzarmush that they aren't actual owners but the implications of such a thing are big. If someone runs a black market are we going to exclude them for example? What guideline are we going to use on who to exclude and why? Would centralizing methods avoid or bring more centralization?

Busoni doesn't own the funds, they are not his, he has no right to cast votes with others coins. Owner of coins can vote, not temporary holders.

The community does it's best to track and identify large entities temporarily holding coins and exclude them from partaking in voting. We do what we can.

If someone runs a black market are we going to exclude them for example?

If he is voting with his personal funds I don't see any problem.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:00:24 AM

+1000 like hearing my thoughts Wink

EDIT: @qora: How about inserting a deadline for the voting polls (the duration could depend on the number of blocks) in a future update? This way the number of polls wont get incredibly huge over time.

I agree with both points :-)

I will be voting for at or wallet upgrades. I will be pulling my qora for polo to help in this effort.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:05:19 AM

Actually I think AT might actually be the best one to vot for. If we can get more devs working on expanding the usefulness of qora, the more exposure we will get.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

BlackShibe1

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:10:57 AM

Qora feature vote #1

It is time to vote for the next feature of Qora.
You can find the correct poll in the client with these details:
Name: qora feature vote #1
Creator: QMk21ZLpcdeAicFb4zxnJJPtcMGPAWeSoK
Please make sure the creator of the poll is correct.

This is an experiment.
If everything goes well the vote will end on Friday 3 August 6PM GMT.
Exchanges should not vote. I will ignore votes from the exchanges.

The descriptions of the options can be found here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8_Bf7NBfgsadIjIg72dJW23kabkcZC9lP10Db6_MUM/edit?usp=sharing

You can only vote for one option with one address.
The votes an address provides is calculated realtime using it's confirmed balance.
When you revote for another option your previous vote will disappear.

3 august? are you plan some vacation?

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:20:59 AM

Actually I think AT might actually be the best one to vot for. If we can get more devs working on expanding the usefulness of qora, the more exposure we will get.

Agreed.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:23:08 AM

I still believe something that stand out Qora. There's impossible to gain attention to Qora making pr campaing based on Address Book in the client. But if Qora become the first 2nd gen cryptocurrency with anonymous transactions we can publish articles, start twitter and facebook campaigns etc.

It's not a problem that there are not enough transactions for true anonymity, because we don't need it. We need the feature itself.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:25:33 AM

Agreed.

We didn't find a single dev interested in doing something. It doesn't mean tens of devs will start developing something if they have this opportunity. We need to make Qora famous first, then devs will be interested in building something on top of Qora.

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:29:14 AM

Yeah I thought same thing that's why I voted for it.
I find it sad price speculation poll had 6 times more votes than feature development  Roll Eyes

I think it is more that people have voted in that to test the system and have not changed their votes yet. I know that was the case for me.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:30:31 AM

Agreed.

We didn't find a single dev interested in doing something. It doesn't mean tens of devs will start developing something if they have this opportunity. We need to make Qora famous first, then devs will be interested in building something on top of Qora.

I have been trying to devs interested in developing a payment gateway for popular web carts for a shop I want to run. Funny how I work with a lot of devs but non interested in cryptos nor money it seems -_-

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:05:19 AM

I still believe something that stand out Qora. There's impossible to gain attention to Qora making pr campaing based on Address Book in the client. But if Qora become the first 2nd gen cryptocurrency with anonymous transactions we can publish articles, start twitter and facebook campaigns etc.

It's not a problem that there are not enough transactions for true anonymity, because we don't need it. We need the feature itself.

I agree that anonymity should be implemented at some point. However, I don't think it should be a priority at this point for the following reasons:

1. CryptoNote is an open source technology, and there is already tons of CryptoNote-based ANON coins out there. Having CryptoNote-based anonymity incorporated in Qora will not help Qora stand out from the crowd in any way. Sure, you'll be able to market Qora as an Anon Coin, but I can bet you that as soon as people learn that Qora is a CryptoNote-based coin, they'll automatically lose interest and dismiss Qora as yet another CryptoNote clone. It will not help Qora in any way in terms of marketing, and it's not good publicity in my opinion.

To me, it's better to wait for a better solution rather than ride the current wave of Anon coins hype. Just my two cents' worth.  Smiley

2. I believe the dev has already mentioned anonymity will take a lot more time to be implemented than Colored Coin/AE. AE will provide more of a bang for the buck in my opinion. There are lots of coins claimed to be 'anonymous' out there, but few coins have a fully functional Asset Exchange. So if you think anonymity is good because of publicity/marketing effect, why not do AE first?  Smiley

3. Wallet Upgrades will not be simply an address book - it will be a list of new features suggested by the members: 1) A native windows binary without JRE/Installer for newbies 2) Multi-Wallets 3) The ability to send payments to a specific name!! (I imagine it will raise the awareness of Qora Name Service and raise the value of Qora Name Market).. and other cool features.  Wink  They can be done within one week, and they're the most visible upgrades/changes to newcomers.

After some thinking, I feel I'm leaning toward "Wallet Upgrade" a bit more (even though I haven't voted yet).

EDIT: I will be voting for AT (automated transaction) if it becomes available in the list of voting options.
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:30:02 AM

I read this the vote doc. Aren’t ‘Arbitrary Transactions’ a step towards AE (asset exchange)?
If yes I am voting for that, towards the goal of AE.

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: