Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:29:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:44:49 PM

You haven't earned any respect yet. Your respect level was at Zero point when you appeared here. Not it's below Zero. Somewhere in -100. You've got a lot of work to do to get back at least to Zero point.
he promised to behave and not cause any headache again so you can give him that - now he is @ -99
if he apologize to you personally he will be @ 0
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

Hey guys,

I am calling for a truce. Now we have a voting system inside qora, we can easily settle our difference. There will be no more need for name calling or argument since consensus can be reached via voting.

Peace~

===================================================

Thank you again, qora, for helping us.  You have my appreciation, and I promise I will behave and not cause you any headache again.
+1 (its quoted now so please keep your word)

I will do as I said, but you have to agree to put everything to a vote too. I was simply frustrated because I felt my opinion was not respected at all, and I was clearly ignored.

That's because your opinion was not respected and yes we were trying to ignore you.

QoraKnight

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:45:53 PM

You haven't earned any respect yet. Your respect level was at Zero point when you appeared here. Not it's below Zero. Somewhere in -100. You've got a lot of work to do to get back at least to Zero point.

Sorry, but you're obviously confused. This is not about respect, but what the majority wants.

Here is a simple question for you, if the majority tells you not to promote your project in Qora thread, will you abide by that decision?

We will do it in the voting system.

I dont care whether you respect my personal opinion or not. However, if the majority say NO to you inside Qora client, will you respect their decision? That is the real question.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:50:34 PM

Sorry, but you're obviously confused. This is not about respect, but what the majority wants.

Here is a simple question for you, if the majority tells you not to promote your project in Qora thread, will you abide by that decision?

We will do it in the voting system.

Dude you are nuts, people really didn't have strong anti feelings about trading on NXT but you and also being against NXT is not some sensible stance but a Bizzare position to have. I personally wasn't interested cause I don't like using NXT asset exchange but I like most had no real problem with it.

The main voting we had on this thread was if they wanted you to fuck off and quite quickly the votes came in.

We kind of hoped you would follow though though and indeed fuck off.

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:52:58 PM

Dude you are nuts, people really didn't have strong anti feelings about trading on NXT but you and also being against NXT is not some sensible stance but a Bizzare position to have. I personally was ambilivemt cause I don't like using NXT asset exchange but I like most had no real problem with it.

The main voting we had on this thread was if they wanted you to fuck off and quite quickly the votes came in.

gorilla,

Thanks to the new voting system feature, we don't need to have an argument over this one.
How about we put the issues to a vote?  Smiley

1. Do you want QoraKnight to fuck off and leave Qora thread forever?
2. Do you want gorillajam to fuck off and leave Qora thread forever?

That will be our first vote in the Qora client. Is that okay with you?  Smiley

If the majority wants me to leave forever, I will abide by that decision and leave Qora thread alone. But if they want you to leave, will you leave us alone too?
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

Dude you are nuts, people really didn't have strong anti feelings about trading on NXT but you and also being against NXT is not some sensible stance but a Bizzare position to have. I personally was ambilivemt cause I don't like using NXT asset exchange but I like most had no real problem with it.

gorilla,

Thanks to the new voting system feature, we don't need to have an argument over this one.
How about we put the issues to a vote?  Smiley

1. Do you want QoraKnight to fuck off and leave Qora thread forever?
2. Do you want gorillajam to fuck off and leave Qora thread forever?

That will be our first vote in the Qora client. Is that okay with you?  Smiley

While I would love to see you voted off here I think it's not a mature way to use the voting system and unlike you I actually don't want to harm the reputation of Qora or my stake. Plus you would only only come back with a new id anyway, attack of clones.

Personally if I had a few people openly say they wanted me to fuck off like you already recieved I doubt I would stick around.

plus people should know that you only were against Qora on NXT to protect your little KORA project.

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:04:22 PM

While I would love to see you voted off here I think it's not a mature way to use the voting system and unlike you I actually don't want to harm the reputation of Qora or my stake.

Personally if I had a few people openly say they wanted me to fuck off like you already recieved I doubt I would stick around.

gorilla,

The truth is that a lot of friends have told me in private that they choose to remain silent and does not want to participate because of people like you.  Smiley

I'm done arguing so I won't start another arguement. But whether you like it or not, I am telling you the truth. You really give Qora a bad reputation (not me, because QoraKnight did not exist until couple days ago). So for Qora's sake, you really should stop talking.

While I would love to see you voted off here I think it's not a mature way to use the voting system and unlike you I actually don't want to harm the reputation of Qora or my stake.

it's okay, people can see you're just afraid. Enuff talk.  Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

I will do as I said, but you have to agree to put everything to a vote too.
even if I agree it does not mean everyone agrees.
you need to understand there will always be some people with different opinions and you can't force your opinion on them.
if someone want to open a gateway and trade on the nxt AE there is nothing you, me or a vote can do about it.

I think you guys clearly misunderstood me.  I have no problem with the fact that dzarmush had a NXT AE gateway, it's just that I felt it was inappropriate for dzarmush to promote his project in the Qora thread since it might give people the impression that this gateway is endorsed by the Qora community and push people to trade there. The truth is a lot of us simply does not want any association with Nxt.

So how about we do things like this --

Let's say we have a vote inside Qora client "Should Qora be traded on NXT AE as a NXT asset? Yes or No?" And if majority of people say no, you will not promote your project here.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

I'm promoting it not because it's my project but because I think it's good for Qora. If anybody else would launch Nxt gateway I'd give him 1M Qora as a bounty and keep promoting it anywhere I can, because we need to spread the word about Qora.

If someone launches Counterparty gateaway he'll receive 500K bounty from me and the same level of promotion: in Qora thread, XC thread, in Qora twitter/facebook etc. And you cannot do a thing about it.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:07:13 PM

gorilla,

The truth is that a lot of friends have told me in private that they choose to remain silent and does not want to participate because of people like you.  Smiley

I'm done arguing so I won't start another arguement. But whether you like it or not, I am telling you the truth. You really give Qora a bad reputation (not me, because QoraKnight did not exist until couple days ago). So for Qora's sake, you really should stop talking.

it's okay, people can see you're just afraid. Enuff talk.  Smiley

Oh for fucks sake I'm arguing with a fourteen year old, aren't I.  Shocked

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:09:46 PM

I'm promoting it not because it's my project but because I think it's good for Qora. If anybody else would launch Nxt gateway I'd give him 1M Qora as a bounty and keep promoting it anywhere I can, because we need to spread the word about Qora.

If someone launches Counterparty gateaway he'll receive 500K bounty from me and the same level of promotion: in Qora thread, XC thread, in Qora twitter/facebook etc. And you cannot do a thing about it.

dzarmush,

I believe you, I believe that you truly believed what you were doing is good for the Qora project. So I won't dwell on that.

But what if, in the future, some people disagree with you on certain issues, shouldn't you take their opinions into account too? I'm not just talking about the people who actively participate here, I'm also talking about the people who choose to remain silent.

A lot of people are afraid of speaking up because they fear they might get personal attacks & reprisal. I think a lot of people are fanatics and easily resort to personal attack and throw around insults, that's one of the reasons why I had been a lurker. I know there are people like me out there too.

So can you agree that, before you announce anything in qora thread, you will at least take voting result into account?
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:20:46 PM

Okay dzarmush, before I leave for work. I just have this to say to you --

I'd admit that you have done a lot for Qora, and the success of Qora project so far is owed to you, I will not deny that.

However, please keep in mind that when you are working in a group project, there might be differing voices and opinions. While they might NOT be active participants on this thread, they are working quietly behind the scene, and their opinions are as valuable as yours are.

So here is my request to you - before you announce anything or make any major decision, can you please consult with the owners first by holding a vote in the client? You don't have to respect anything I say, but I do hope you will listen to what others try to tell you.

Thanks.  Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:21:11 PM

dzarmush,

I believe you, I believe that you truly believed what you were doing is good for the Qora project. So I won't dwell on that.

But what if, in the future, some people disagree with you on certain issues, shouldn't you take their opinions into account too?

If one has nothing to say he won't be heard. Even if you have 20% coins you opinion means nothing to me. Cryptocurrency is not a corporation, it's being built by the dev and the community, not stakes size.

Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:22:54 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 10:35:57 PM by Ivan166

It was nice to read word struggle there. Grin Thanks, guys.
Here are my thoughts.
Really, Qora, Nxt, Exo, Nem and other new 2-nd generation cryptocurrencies are strong competitors. It's reasonable to do not promote other cryptos in official Qora thread.
I see QoraKnight efforts to disable any promotion of opponent cryptos. He defends his investments and  I think he is right.
But decentralized nature of crypto doesn't allow nobody to force other one to do something. There is no rules. You are free to do what you want.
I can respect QoraKnight for his strength of mind. At least, he tries to be courteous.
I think vote system can solve this discrepancy. Cheers.

Monero is your money privacy.
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

I'm promoting it not because it's my project but because I think it's good for Qora.

I tend to agree with dzarmush here.  I personally don't like to use AE; however, I feel like it helps get our coin more exposure and there may be people with lots of these other coins (such as NXT) that are happy to trade some for Qora.

The more ways we can get people to notice Qora and learn about it's potential the better, and I feel the AE's help with this.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

before you announce anything or make any major decision, can you please consult with the owners first by holding a vote in the client

No one cares about those misterious owners. The only people who make decisions are active members and it'll stay this way.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:32:05 PM

Does anyone want to sell me some QORA for "Under market price"?

I feel like I have too little qora right now to invest too much time into it Sad

Damn ShareX

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

before you announce anything or make any major decision, can you please consult with the owners first by holding a vote in the client

No one cares about those mysterious owners. The only people who make decisions are active members and it'll stay this way.

You have made your position known. Basically, you're telling us you don't care about the voting result in the Qora client. Think about it for a while - if qora dev agrees with you, would he have implemented a voting system so other people's opinions will be heard?

So I've got no more things to say to you.  I'll let others judge you for themselves.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:42:59 PM

No one cares about those mysterious owners. The only people who make decisions are active members and it'll stay this way.

You have made your position known. Basically, you're telling us you don't care about the voting result in the Qora client. Think about it for a while - if qora dev agrees with you, would he have implemented a voting system so other people's opinions will be heard?

So I've got no more things to say to you.  I'll let others judge you for themselves.

You're even more stupid than I thought. How do you think who put anything on a poll, dumbass? Active members discuss stuff, choose new ways to develop and promote Qora, than start a poll. So basically no matter what result of voting is coz it's just one of several options that have already been chosen by active members.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:48:07 PM

For example active members decided to set a reward for a mobille client development and the poll options are: 5M, 10M or 15M Qora. Decision has been already made, silent memebers can only vote for options.

Or active members decided to participate in the bitcoin expo and we need to choose options: send representatives, pay for a stand, become a general sponsor. Again decision has been already made, silent members can only vote for different options.

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:55:49 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 11:27:40 AM by QoraKnight

before you announce anything or make any major decision, can you please consult with the owners first by holding a vote in the client>

So back at ya, get a taste of your own medicine.  Smiley

You told me you don't care about voting result, so I am just returning the favor.
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: