Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 224 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 282 blocks solved!  (Read 88524 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (20 posts by 4+ users deleted.)
bedla

Activity: 16
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 12:10:45 AM

Thanks -ck. I have changed difficulty graph to discrete values, is it what you meant?
It should be 1 decimal place for the difficulty graph.
I probably still dont understand. What is the point of showing decimal places? "pool.status" endpoint seems to return just integer for attribute "diff". Today the value jumped directly from "114.0" to "115.0" with no decimal steps.

I was thinking about next steps. Grafana have really nice system for alerting/alarming. It would be fairly easy to setup some notification (Eg to telegram), when block is found (emited when diff changes to 0), if it makes sence to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 12:13:21 AM

I probably still dont understand. What is the point of showing decimal places? "pool.status" endpoint seems to return just integer for attribute "diff". Today the value jumped directly from "114.0" to "115.0" with no decimal steps.
Oh that's my fault then because it's rounded to 3 significant digits. Integer is fine sorry.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jimjam123

Activity: 443
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 12:31:31 AM

I think we need to hit a block or two, just to confirm that the new dashboard works properly.
vickersja

Activity: 210
Merit: 34

To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 01:37:02 AM

I am going to donate some of my free time, instead of satoshis. Currently I am working on dashboards for CKpool.
You can see current progress here: http://35.226.27.67:3000/d/_afS1cRMk/ckpool-home

There are two dashboards:

It is in development state, so there can be some downtime. If anyone have any suggestion, if there is something missing, redundant, or some bug, feel free to tell.

Very nice.  Added my address - very sleek design.

Earn Bitcoin with Lolli:  https://lolli.com/share/FbdPrN6jTu
Link credit card for in-store shopping or use browser extension for online shopping
frodocooper

Activity: 351
Merit: 410

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 01:51:00 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (2), mikeywith (1), evade_57 (1)

[...]

[...]

The IPv4 subnet of 104.16.0.0/12, which includes NiceHash's IPv4 address of 104.17.254.46 and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv4 address of 104.26.0.61, belongs to Cloudflare. The IPv6 subnet of 2606:4700::/32, which includes NiceHash's IPv6 address of 2606:4700::6811:ff2e and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv6 address of 2606:4700:20::681a:3d, also belongs to Cloudflare. Therefore, the most plausible reason for why the measured latency from the pool to those hosts were so remarkably low isn't that NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rentals's servers are in the same datacenter as the pool, but that the ICMP echo request packets sent by the pool to those addresses were directed to Cloudflare's CDN instead of the upstream hosts. The latency measurements by -ck are therefore meaningless, as -ck measured the latency to Cloudflare's CDN, which most likely has a network of nodes in the same datacenter as the pool, instead of NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's upstream hosts.

If your network supports IPv6, then I recommend using IPv6 instead of IPv4. Routing and packet processing are more efficient with IPv6, which therefore theoretically results in better overall network performance. And since both NiceHash and Mining Rig Rentals also rely on Cloudflare's DNS infrastructure, you would do well to set Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as your network's DNS resolver. It may help to shave a few milliseconds when resolving NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's domain names. For the more adventurous folks, you may also want to consider running OpenWrt on your network routers and then running Stubby for OpenWrt with Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as its upstream resolver. If you do run Stubby for OpenWrt, then I recommend forcing its use of TLS 1.3 and disabling Stubby's round-robin scheduling of upstream resolvers. And while you're at it, you may also want to consider running luci-app-sqm to help mitigate bufferbloat, which in turn helps to improve network performance under load.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 03:58:53 AM

SURPRISE
You've all been transparently migrated to the new server without any interruption

Well done CK, sadly the server seems a bit too far from my location, ping results are bad, ran a longer ping -t and had a 1% packet loss.

here is the traceroute

Hop 10 to 11 (EU to US) is a long way  Embarrassed.

These numbers are not exactly bad with the general use of the internet, with mining that could be a lot, or is that ok?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 03:59:58 AM

These numbers are not exactly bad with the general use of the internet, with mining that could be a lot, or is that ok?
In my opinion, anything under 200ms is fine.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 06:46:16 AM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

[...]

[...]

The IPv4 subnet of 104.16.0.0/12, which includes NiceHash's IPv4 address of 104.17.254.46 and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv4 address of 104.26.0.61, belongs to Cloudflare. The IPv6 subnet of 2606:4700::/32, which includes NiceHash's IPv6 address of 2606:4700::6811:ff2e and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv6 address of 2606:4700:20::681a:3d, also belongs to Cloudflare. Therefore, the most plausible reason for why the measured latency from the pool to those hosts were so remarkably low isn't that NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rentals's servers are in the same datacenter as the pool, but that the ICMP echo request packets sent by the pool to those addresses were directed to Cloudflare's CDN instead of the upstream hosts. The latency measurements by -ck are therefore meaningless, as -ck measured the latency to Cloudflare's CDN, which most likely has a network of nodes in the same datacenter as the pool, instead of NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's upstream hosts.

If your network supports IPv6, then I recommend using IPv6 instead of IPv4. Routing and packet processing are more efficient with IPv6, which therefore theoretically results in better overall network performance. And since both NiceHash and Mining Rig Rentals also rely on Cloudflare's DNS infrastructure, you would do well to set Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as your network's DNS resolver. It may help to shave a few milliseconds when resolving NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's domain names. For the more adventurous folks, you may also want to consider running OpenWrt on your network routers and then running Stubby for OpenWrt with Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as its upstream resolver. If you do run Stubby for OpenWrt, then I recommend forcing its use of TLS 1.3 and disabling Stubby's round-robin scheduling of upstream resolvers. And while you're at it, you may also want to consider running luci-app-sqm to help mitigate bufferbloat, which in turn helps to improve network performance under load.

Thanks. I thought it was suspicious that both were effectively the same place. Nonetheless, for my routing from here to the solo pool is faster with IPV4 despite IPV6's potential advantages, so at least for miners from home I suggest they test before mining for themselves since there is no cloudflare in front of the pool.

-ck
zarima1983

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 08:02:26 AM

my antminers do not work after halving.sometimes those are connected but after a while miners status show DEAD!i read previous pages and noticed some changes in server and...but i did not understand what should i do?im on "solo.ckpool.org:3333"

please any help or advise

thank you
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 08:04:44 AM

my antminers do not work after halving.sometimes those are connected but after a while miners status show DEAD!i read previous pages and noticed some changes in server and...but i did not understand what should i do?im on "solo.ckpool.org:3333"

please any help or advise
The pool has moved to a new location and has new IP addresses as a result, and all the alternate locations (de, cn) have been shut down so you can only mine directly to the solo pool now. You may need to hard reboot your antminers if they still have the old IP addresses and aren't updating, or reboot your router if that's responsible for using the old address.

-ck
zarima1983

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 09:04:00 AM

so i dont need any changing in miner configuration,right?miner config is still "solo.ckpool.org:3333 or 443" and btc address as username?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 09:04:37 AM

so i dont need any changing in miner configuration,right?miner config is still "solo.ckpool.org:3333 or 443" and btc address as username?
Correct. Exactly the same configuration.

-ck
zarima1983

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:52:26 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2020, 11:07:21 AM by zarima1983

hello again,sorry dear c.k.,i did hard reset for both my antminers and my router.but unfortunately the problem is still immutable.i tested 3333 and 443 ports,changed the btc addresses and used all 3 of btc addresses like segwit and legacy and...but the miners status is showing "DEAD" yet.please any suggestion...i saw correctly my antminers status pages and noticed those DIFF boxes are blank!is this my problem?if yes so what should i do?

thank you
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 11:03:10 AM

hello again,sorry dear c.k.,i did hard reset for both my antminers and my router.but unfortunately the problem is still immutable.i tested 3333 and 443 ports,changed the btc addresses and used all 3 of btc addresses like segwit and legacy and...but the miners status is showing "DEAD" yet.please any suggestion...

thank you
I don't know, but there's probably a routing problem between where you are and the pool is. I've had one miner from Iran report the same thing to me elsewhere, so perhaps some places don't route properly to where the pool is.

If you're on linux you can check your routing with the following command:
mtr --report -w solo.ckpool.org

Additionally you might try solo4.ckpool.org or solo6.ckpool.org instead of solo.ckpool.org . Possibly it is trying to route through IPV6 and failing.

-ck
zarima1983

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 11:12:09 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2020, 12:16:44 PM by zarima1983

okey,very thanks.i will try solo4 and solo6 and will report its result here.perhaps others can use.
dont you have any idea about the DIFF boxes that are blank in my miners status?

Edition:i tried solo4.ckpool and solo6.ckpool but my configs are dead yet!
Fingolfin

Activity: 90
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 03:50:58 PM

I feel a little bit ashamed that i'm not also pay 0.01 right know for the server. But i will do so, as soon as possible  Wink

Thanks for showing support, by the way, 0.01 BTC is not the minimum amount for donations, people should send what they can afford, 1$ 10$ anything they are willing to contribute with and if someone is worried about the network fees, put 1-2 sats per byte and let the order sit there for days, no rush, we did cover the first 6 months for the server, I believe we should also pay the extra 6 months and CK got once funds reach the threshold again, with that being said even those who can't or don't want to donate can still use the pool, don't be ashamed, mine on.

Ok, ashamed is maybe not the best word  Smiley   ...   But i'm here since the pool's inception, started to mine with 4 S3+ at 300 MHZ (600 GH/s) occasionally a few days a week. (Yeah i had a very good Batch back then).

I really don't like to see this pool to go down anytime soon.

So, i'm more then willing to throw 100 bucks or so, to cover costs. But it in any case it will take a while to send coins to phil, but it's on my Mining/Bitcoin shedule  Wink

I feel a little bit ashamed that i'm not also pay 0.01 right know for the server. But i will do so, as soon as possible  Wink

Thanks for showing support, by the way, 0.01 BTC is not the minimum amount for donations, people should send what they can afford, 1$ 10$ anything they are willing to contribute with and if someone is worried about the network fees, put 1-2 sats per byte and let the order sit there for days, no rush, we did cover the first 6 months for the server, I believe we should also pay the extra 6 months and CK got once funds reach the threshold again, with that being said even those who can't or don't want to donate can still use the pool, don't be ashamed, mine on.

yep.

all work

we have

would like to grow it to 0.1  in under six months and send ck more coin for the server.

we gave him 0.09 which paid for 6 months ck put up 6 months so we are paid for a year.

I wont grow the fund too big so slow nickels so to speak are good.

Hey, yes looks like that all sendable ammounts  Wink   ...   but ATM i'm not able to send a single satoshi ... but will do soon.

By the way, new sever location looks good for me! 90-99 ms to solo.ckpool.org and solo4.ckpool.org (both end up at solo4.ckpool.org) . ipv6 looks bad from my location. around 120-180 ms, so i just use the other route.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 04:37:42 PM

curious - why would the miners have to pay to have the pool open?

is it because ck does not have the funds? that i doubt - pretty sure he has over 1k btc - if not more as he has been in the game since nearly the beginning

so is it more likely that ck no longer wants to manage a pool? if so, would it not be better then to join another pool that the pool manager wants to operate?

not an attack against ck by any means - just never saw where miners had to pay the costs for a pool manager to keep a pool open or where they needed to pay miners who lost blocks because of a pool error.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 05:02:52 PM

Nobody HAD to.  They decided to pay for updated hardware.  Read back in the thread as the answer is quite clear.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Fingolfin

Activity: 90
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 05:06:52 PM

Yes! Fees maybe can handle it on this "pool" ,to run the server. But maybe "someone" likes to get his code and maintenance paid, (in $) !

is it because ck does not have the funds? that i doubt - pretty sure he has over 1k btc - if not more as he has been in the game since nearly the beginning

Sure! But what is about you, you share your old Money/Coins with anyone else??? ... I doubt!

so is it more likely that ck no longer wants to manage a pool? if so, would it not be better then to join another pool that the pool manager wants to operate?

Maybe, but i think he still likes to manage it Huh Yes! Use another "solo "pool" provider. Maybe he's legit maybe not? ... What about runing your own full node and a bitcoind and submit a block hash???

However, we all can decide by our own where whe point our hash, i think Wink
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 05:58:17 PM

Nobody HAD to.  They decided to pay for updated hardware.  Read back in the thread as the answer is quite clear.

this I get - but why should the pool miners pay for updated hardware vs the pool operator - who should be the one to do so, or am I wrong?

Yes! Fees maybe can handle it on this "pool" ,to run the server. But maybe "someone" likes to get his code and maintenance paid, (in $) !

Sure! But what is about you, you share your old Money/Coins with anyone else??? ... I doubt!

Maybe, but i think he still likes to manage it Huh Yes! Use another "solo "pool" provider. Maybe he's legit maybe not? ... What about runing your own full node and a bitcoind and submit a block hash???

However, we all can decide by our own where whe point our hash, i think Wink

oh, do not get me wrong - I am not saying anyone cannot do what they want.

but I have never seen a pool where the miners had to pay for upgrades to the servers, the pool operator usually does as they do get paid quite well when miners find blocks. so the pool operator is never "unpaid"

what business has it's customers pay for the upgrades? none, at least not directly - the customers may pay thru the fees or purchases but never directly. when you pay directly you become an investor vs a customer - so maybe now everyone who contributes will be an investor? and get returns on their investment outside of any mining reward they earn?

and yes we can all decide where we put our hash - I never said otherwise nor have I tried to directly make anyone point to anywhere.

I was simply asking why this was being done - I myself point an r606 at the solo pool and have for quite some time.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 224 »
  Print  

Jump to: